Lord Spencer
Donuts
Hapless_Hans
VivaStPauli
McAgger
95 posters

Page 10 of 43 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 26 ... 43  Next

Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 10 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:33 pm

rwo power wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Klopp to City is obvious isn't it?
Not quite. Kloppo is a Liverpool fan, IIRC. Maybe he's looking for an opening there.

If you think about it, Liverpool really would be just ideal for Klopp, and vice versa.
He could become a true legend there similar to at Dortmund, if he gets them to win a cup or even the league, or even top 4, and Liverpool is the kind of club he sympathizes with anyway.

Plus I really think Klopp is better at producing stars than dealing with stars, his football also requires that extra committment and intensity that's easier to induce into less saturated players

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 10 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:33 pm

I think City will attract him because he won't have to see his best players leave every summer and obviously he gets to spend as much as he likes.

But if he is eyeing the Liverpool job then I think he'll have to wait for some time since I can't see Rodgers leaving anytime soon.

United probably wants to stick with LVG for a bit.

Elsewhere, Madrid could let Ancelotti go but will they replace him with Klopp?

Milan does seem a good place to go. Either Milans. Or even Napoli.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:39 pm

free_cat wrote:I'm not gonna say Klopp is a fraud, but he's definitely not that good. When he had awesome players in his team and they stayed injury free, he performed well, even slightly above average. Once he lost some quality and had to face real challenges (Guardiola for instances) he just couldn't do anything.

When did you start noticing Dortmund lol? Anyone who remember what they were when he joined would never made such an absurd statement ("definitely not that good").
Back to back league titles, a cup and a CL final with a team made of banruptcy assets and unknown youngsters?
These quality players you talk about, he MADE them.

Lewandowski came from Poland for a couple of hundred thousand ffs.

Calling him 'not that good' is really an idiotic statement, if you think about it. In fact, as far as manager achievements go, it doesn't get better than what he did there in his time.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:47 pm

Carlo gonna get sacked

City is a loser's club, who wanna go there

Klopp to Madrid Proud

Gegenpressing Proud
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:50 pm

Ronaldo and Bale gegenpressing rofl rofl
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:51 pm

Laughing klopp can make it happen banana
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:52 pm

Am i the first person in GL history to use the term Gegenpressing here?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:53 pm

I would be amazed if Mole didn't use it before, but then I'm not here that long to know hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:57 pm

RealGunner wrote:I think City will attract him because he won't have to see his best players leave every summer and obviously he gets to spend as much as he likes.

But if he is eyeing the Liverpool job then I think he'll have to wait for some time since I can't see Rodgers leaving anytime soon.

United probably wants to stick with LVG for a bit.

Elsewhere, Madrid could let Ancelotti go but will they replace him with Klopp?

Milan does seem a good place to go. Either Milans. Or even Napoli.

I'm one hundred percent sure Klopp will go to England if he goes abroad.
The English media already have a veritable love affair going (i.e. they're almost ready to shoot him down lol), like most (West) Germans he just LOVES to talk in English, he's been practically auditioning for the Prem for years now.

I mean he even gave German journalist Honigstein an interview, for BT or ESPN or some shit, where both spoke English Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:03 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I would be amazed if Mole didn't use it before, but then I'm not here that long to know hmm

I haven't used it but I know what it is, anyway I have seen others use the term. (RG immediately springs to mind lol)
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:06 pm

Nah someone used it before me. Think it was Cas or jibers
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:08 pm

More chance of me coaching Milan than Klopp

We have a phobia when it comes to German influence on the team, last great German player we had was Bierhoff, even before that it was Schellinger (1960s) iirc Laughing

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:09 pm

not even surprised, GL football savants :knee:

man how i would love to have Klopp, but we have the typical attacking players that would render such philosophy useless. Although i think Bale could work hard for Klopp, Benzema as well to some extent. CR is the one i think you really cant make work if he doesnt want to
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:09 pm

Didn't say you were the first brah just that I'd seen you use it.

Jibers as well obviously, goes without saying lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:10 pm

It's just the German word for counter pressing.

What did you call Pepcelona's pressing? It's pretty much the same tbh, like ours now.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:12 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
free_cat wrote:I'm not gonna say Klopp is a fraud, but he's definitely not that good. When he had awesome players in his team and they stayed injury free, he performed well, even slightly above average. Once he lost some quality and had to face real challenges (Guardiola for instances) he just couldn't do anything.

When did you start noticing Dortmund lol? Anyone who remember what they were when he joined would never made such an absurd statement ("definitely not that good").
Back to back league titles, a cup and a CL final with a team made of banruptcy assets and unknown youngsters?
These quality players you talk about, he MADE them.

Lewandowski came from Poland for a couple of hundred thousand ffs.

Calling him 'not that good' is really an idiotic statement, if you think about it. In fact, as far as manager achievements go, it doesn't get better than what he did there in his time.

What he did, it has been done twice by Sevilla and many other clubs. When you are a medium club with resources but not great pressure, you can buy youngsters and sometimes many of them turn to be good and then you get a winning team. The difference is that Sevilla always had Barça and Madrid ahead who never collapsed as Bayern did pre-Guardiola.
He won two bundesliga's because there wasn't any competition really.
Afterwards his youngsters turned not to be so good (because you can't always get it right) and couldn't replace the talent that left, and Bayern became good again with Jupp's last year and Pep, so no more fun for him.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:14 pm

Not just saying this because I'm English but I'm convinced if Klopp goes abroad he's going to England.

Just the way he talks about the game and gets his teams to play, think it's 90% likely he'll be there should he choose to leave Germany.

10 years ago we would have thrown a bank vault of cash at him but now I'm going to just have to accept who ever he manages rapes us 8-0.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:15 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:It's just the German word for counter pressing.

What did you call Pepcelona's pressing? It's pretty much the same tbh, like ours now.

High pressing lol, our vocabulary isn't as interesting I'm afraid.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:16 pm

Gegenpressing means to press the opposition right after losing possession, i.e. to press as an organized unit the moment you transition to defense. The entire team hunts the ball and, in the ideal case, immediately wins it back from the opponent. The aim is twofold; to prevent the opponent’s counterattack and to win the ball. The English, and even the Spanish and Italians, call it counterpressing and not “Gegenpressing”; in the end the opponent’s counterattack is pressured. In 2008, Jürgen Klinsmann spoke of “immediate ball recovery” and struck at the heart of the matter very well.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:18 pm

Can't remember Sevilla playing a CL final tbh.

Anyway, I'm not saying it's an unique achievement in football history, just that what he did was pretty *bleep* great.

To call it 'not that good' is setting a standard that I cannot understand, probably because it makes no sense hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:19 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:It's just the German word for counter pressing.

High pressing lol, our vocabulary isn't as interesting I'm afraid.

But high pressing designates the area where you press, no?
While counter pressing designates the phase of the game when you press, i.e. straight after the opponent aquires the ball and is about to try to build up.
Of course that happens 'high' as well.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:27 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote: CR is the one i think you really cant make work if he doesnt want to

the funny thing is that I could very well see Ronaldo deciding he wants to.
After all he wants to be, and be perceived as, this perfect player, and not as a player who couldn't adapt to, or perform, counter pressing.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:47 pm

I can honestly see Barça, Madrid and City all being after him. Wonder how he would react to Messi walking around?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:48 pm

free_cat wrote:The difference is that Sevilla always had Barça and Madrid ahead who never collapsed as Bayern did pre-Guardiola.

Yes, Guardiolas Bayern is far more successful than Heynckes' Bayern. Thank god that Spanish god came in to save that crumbling pile of rubble of a team.

You're a real savant, aren't you?
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:48 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I can honestly see Barça, Madrid and City all being after him. Wonder how he would react to Messi walking around?

Bench Messi, sub in Großkreutz, FFS!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:50 pm

DI Marzio was saying that City had already reached out to Carlo, and they were waiting for his decision. They will obviously make an offer to Klopp.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 43 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 26 ... 43  Next