Lord Spencer
Donuts
Hapless_Hans
VivaStPauli
McAgger
95 posters

Page 14 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 43  Next

Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 14 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by Unique Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:24 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:He's trying to make Liverpool play with more aggression and pressing - he said as much when he signed, right? Success has been mixed so far. Liverpool had fantastic results at City, Chelsea and Southampton but some poor ones against Watford and West Ham. And maybe that should be expected given it's a new manager who doesn't know his squad too well, who hasn't had a transfer window, and who hasn't had a pre-season to fully work with his new players.

Any manager needs more than two months with a new team. Klopp comes in, gets a few good results and Liverpool are suddenly going places, now the results aren't so good you've got fans complaining that nothing's changed. Such is modern day football I guess.
my problem is not so much with the results. my problem is average teams are turning up with far less talent to pick from and are beating us with ease using nothing more than a few men behind the ball and a few balls into the box of there own. the world can see where we are weak yet we never look like fixing it. teams lump a few balls into the box and take the points. maybe we should find a way to be hard to beat and dangerous from a few balls into the box. that way we can win ugly just to breed confidence. we are so easy to beat its unreal. teams don't even need good players to pull off a bit of magic to whoop us.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 14 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by zigra Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:29 pm

This squad is a mess. No balance, not nearly enough quality. Maybe he should do better against some teams right now, but in the end his most important job is to fix the squad.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:29 pm

people are talking like klopp took over a relagation team. Sturridge and benteke are proven prem lge strikers. Lallana was class in the prem lge for saints. coutinho is a super player with bags of talent. can is a german international. shit players do not play for gemany. Henderson has been a very good mf player for a few years in the prem lge. clyne is a very good right back. these players should not be getting beat this easy by some of the teams that beat us.

Last edited by Unique on Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:32 pm

zigra wrote:This squad is a mess. No balance, not nearly enough quality. Maybe he should do better against some teams right now, but in the end his most important job is to fix the squad.
but we have the players to make chances and take them. but we don't do either. Newcastle would love to have clyne Sturridge benteke coutinho can sakho Henderson and the likes in there squad.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:42 pm

Maybe, idk. I don't think all of them are really that good but it's not really my point anyway.
All I'm saying is that him underperforming atm isn't all too problematic because his most important job is fixing the squad.
If he can't do that - that's when you have a problem.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:42 pm

Yeah, I agree with Unique that Klopp should be getting better performances out of this squad.

I believe that when Klopp took over, most Liverpool fans weren't expecting him to deliver great results instantly, but start improving the performances and get more out of the talent in the squad. But our performances - especially the way we hopelessly attack - are exactly the same as under Rodgers. There's no way I can accept that this bunch of players cannot perform better than this under good management.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:46 pm

Art Morte wrote:Yeah, I agree with Unique that Klopp should be getting better performances out of this squad.

I believe that when Klopp took over, most Liverpool fans weren't expecting him to deliver great results instantly, but start improving the performances and get more out of the talent in the squad. But our performances - especially the way we hopelessly attack - are exactly the same as under Rodgers. There's no way I can accept that this bunch of players cannot perform better than this under good management.
Thumbs up Thumbs up look at leicester city last season to this. ranieri didn't take long to turn them around. he didn't go out and buy 4-5 top class players. and nobody can tell me Liverpool do not have more talent than Leicester.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:50 pm

Yeah but it's a unique situation. Maybe Klopp should be getting better results against lower level teams, however we don't know what his intentions are. Maybe he is more focused on getting the team to understand what he wants from them as a unit. It's all speculation at this point and I stand behind 2 months not being enough time to place blame on Klopp.

No matter what Klopp says or does, it really comes down to the players on the pitch. As I stated earlier, your team clearly wasn't performing up to standards and Rodgers was let go. So what kind of sourcery did you expect from Klopp in 2 months?

Unfortunately I haven't watched the games recently, so I can establish what the team is doing wrong. But one should always expect some bumps in the road when there is a coaching change.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:56 pm

You can't just compare the situations like that. Perhaps Leicesters roster was more suited for what that coach wanted to do. I'm not familiar with the style they poay.

I do know what Klopp wanted in Dortmund and that takes total team effort. Something which I believe takes more time. When you play as a unit, it's important everyone remains on the same page - beautiful thing to watch when it works, but prone to mishaps along the way if a player misreads a situation.

All I will say is, "be patient". A good project takes time, but is worth the wait and creates more longevity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:58 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote:Yeah but it's a unique situation. Maybe Klopp should be getting better results against lower level teams, however we don't know what his intentions are. Maybe he is more focused on getting the team to understand what he wants from them as a unit. It's all speculation at this point and I stand behind 2 months not being enough time to place blame on Klopp.

No matter what Klopp says or does, it really comes down to the players on the pitch. As I stated earlier, your team clearly wasn't performing up to standards and Rodgers was let go. So what kind of sourcery did you expect from Klopp in 2 months?

Unfortunately I haven't watched the games recently, so I can establish what the team is doing wrong. But one should always expect some bumps in the road when there is a coaching change.
I think my main problem is when teams like west brom. palace Watford and teams like that can set up to be very hard to beat then so can Liverpool. imo we have more talent than them so I expect klopp to make us hard to beat to start with. then add players to the squad that will make us push on. but we are so easy to play against. if we played palace 5 times how many of them would people expect us to win.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:14 pm

I wonder when pool fans will stop overrating how good their team is? have some patience this stuff can take a while.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:17 pm

chad4401 wrote:I wonder when pool fans will stop overrating how good their team is? have some patience this stuff can take a while.
how good do we think our team is.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:29 pm

Never really the biggest fan of his appointment, but ultimately gave in to his hype and was excited for a while.

I'm giving him benefit of the doubt since this is his first season and the fact that he took over the reigns midways into the season, but given the reputation and hype he has, he should be ruthlessly sacked if we do not make it into top 4 next season.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:07 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Never really the biggest fan of his appointment, but ultimately gave in to his hype and was excited for a while.

I'm giving him benefit of the doubt since this is his first season and the fact that he took over the reigns midways into the season, but given the reputation and hype he has, he should be ruthlessly sacked if we do not make it into top 4 next season.
no chance of top 4 next season. pep will go to Chelsea and spend 200mil. mourinho will go to man u and spend the same. and city arsenal and spurs will still be better than us next season.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:10 pm

You guys disgust me.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:13 pm

Don't call me James wrote:You guys disgust me.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:16 pm

Don't call me James wrote:You guys disgust me.
why
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:32 pm

Come on Unique, give the man some time. SMFH he guy just joined. To win things you need quality! People seem to forget that.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:37 pm

jibers wrote:Come on Unique, give the man some time. SMFH he guy just joined. To win things you need quality! People seem to forget that.
I agree mate. but my expectations are not about winning things. I just don't like the fact that we are so easy to beat. and its not like we are getting beat by good teams. the way I see it is like this. if pulis can walk into a club like west brom and make them a very hard team to beat after a few weeks then why cant klopp do the same. I'm not asking for us to win 3-0 every week.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:39 pm

Unique wrote:
jibers wrote:Come on Unique, give the man some time. SMFH he guy just joined. To win things you need quality! People seem to forget that.
I agree mate. but my expectations are not about winning things. I just don't like the fact that we are so easy to beat. and its not like we are getting beat by good teams. the way I see it is like this. if pulis can walk into a club like west brom and make them a very hard team to beat after a few weeks then why cant klopp do the same. I'm not asking for us to win 3-0 every week.

It's not that simple. Pulis restricts his players. SO do you want Liverpool to play like Brom? Didn't you sign Klopp to play the kind of swashbuckling football he had BVB playing?

You need good players to win things and play good football. Just hope the scouting is as good as BVB (which I doubt).
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:43 pm

jibers wrote:
Unique wrote:

It's not that simple. Pulis restricts his players. SO do you want Liverpool to play like Brom? Didn't you sign Klopp to play the kind of swashbuckling football he had BVB playing?

You need good players to win things and play good football. Just hope the scouting is as good as BVB (which I doubt).
imo what klopp should do is make us hard to beat. be tight at the back and if we cant win then get a 0-0. then over time start to add better players and start to play better football. stop the rot is the first thing to do.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:46 pm

We might be losing to these teams but we'll probably finish above 90% of them, You can't play the football these midtable English teams play its not appealing at all and also the fact it doesn't get you Europe regardless of them beating us 3-0 or 4-0.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:48 pm

Unique wrote:people are talking like klopp took over a relagation team. Sturridge and benteke are proven prem lge strikers. Lallana was class in the prem lge for saints. coutinho is a super player with bags of talent. can is a german international. shit players do not play for gemany. Henderson has been a very good mf player for a few years in the prem lge. clyne is a very good right back. these players should not be getting beat this easy by some of the teams that beat us.

Agree. But if we apply same logic than neither City or Chelsea deserved to be get beaten by Liverpool, Today Barca didint deserved to tie as they got better squad than Espanyol but they did and despite having most expensive sqad on planet Madrid are getting hard time playing against mid table scrubs week after week. What am saying is there are many variables in football and good players is just one of them, most important one but not the only one.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:58 pm

What I am not happy with Liverpool is the way they just run from first minute to last without any purpose. It's like dog chasing car even if he catches it he wouldn't have idea what to do with it. Same with Liverpool players they chase the ball with all intensity but when they get it they have absolutely zero idea of what to do with it. Am not going to comment on today's match as I didn't watch it but this problem has been persistent all season now. Someone needs to shoulder the responsibility of creativity in this team or klopp should buy one. Until then its always going to be hot and cold.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:01 pm

Nishankly wrote:We might be losing to these teams but we'll probably finish above 90% of them, You can't play the football these midtable English teams play its not appealing at all and also the fact it doesn't get you Europe regardless of them beating us 3-0 or 4-0.
but my worry is if these teams can beat us this easy and they don't have as much talent where do we go from there. we are getting beat by cave man tactics with ease. its not like these teams are having to play like there life depends on it to beat us. its a stroll in the park for them.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:04 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:What I am not happy with Liverpool is the way they just run from first minute to last without any purpose. It's like dog chasing car even if he catches it he wouldn't have idea what to do with it. Same with Liverpool players they chase the ball with all intensity but when they get it they have absolutely zero idea of what to do with it. Am not going to comment on today's match as I didn't watch it but this problem has been persistent all season now. Someone needs to shoulder the responsibility of creativity in this team or klopp should buy one. Until then its always going to be hot and cold.
this is what I'm saying. some teams create far more and score far more with far less talent than we have.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 43  Next