iftikhar
19 posters

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Winter is Coming - Page 6 Empty Re: Winter is Coming

Post by McAgger Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:59 pm

James Pearce
‏@JamesPearceEcho
Rodgers: "There won't be much if any transfer activity from us during the January transfer window." #LFC

Proud Laughing

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:13 pm

Don't call me James wrote:James Pearce
‏@JamesPearceEcho
Rodgers: "There won't be much if any transfer activity from us during the January transfer window." #LFC

Proud Laughing
Well, there's hardly any possibility to improve the area that needs improving. Meaning, we can't expect to sign a quality GK, ST or DM/CM during this window.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:38 am

Well, we pretty much have to get a GK with Jones injured. Right? We need someone to push Mignolet or at least act as a competent back-up.

Supposedly linked with Shaarawy for 12m. If that's the real price I can't see Liverpool turning it down. He could be converted into a striker in our system and do it well, but I doubt it's a real link. We've been linked with Shaarawy seemingly every window for the last two years but it never happens.

Although given the rumoured price I can't see why we wouldn't have taken a punt on that Kramaric guy. Ridiculous goal scoring record in his league especially compared to his peers and only 23.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:04 am

El Cujo wrote:Well, we pretty much have to get a GK with Jones injured. Right? We need someone to push Mignolet or at least act as a competent back-up.

Supposedly linked with Shaarawy for 12m. If that's the real price I can't see Liverpool turning it down. He could be converted into a striker in our system and do it well, but I doubt it's a real link. We've been linked with Shaarawy seemingly every window for the last two years but it never happens.

Although given the rumoured price I can't see why we wouldn't have taken a punt on that Kramaric guy. Ridiculous goal scoring record in his league especially compared to his peers and only 23.
Is Shaarawy what we need ATM hmm scratch !!! Suso, Ibe, Raheem, Coutinho, Markovic, Lallana, Balotelli & Borini all can play in his role.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:51 am

Xherdan Shaqiri!!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR PEOPLE!!

cheers
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:45 am

Fahim89 wrote:Xherdan Shaqiri!!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR PEOPLE!!

cheers
Confirmed hmm scratch Suspect Shocked :coffee: :whistle: !!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:38 am

Well, the window's open and I don't expect much movement in or out. We just spent 100m+ in the summer, we cannot just disregard those signings after half a season, we've got to work with what we've got.

Lallana, Moreno and Markovic are improving anyway and Can has been great. Balotelli would come good if used correctly. Lambert doesn't matter. Lovren is the only one I really wish would miraculously piss off.

Ideally Borini would be sold and a purely goal-scoring striker brought in, but if Fabio declined a move in the summer, I don't know why he would accept one now.

A CM would be nice as the ones I truly trust are only Henderson and Can and the latter is now being made a CB. But I'm fine with it if we sign nobody in this window after the dough we spent in the summer.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:21 pm

iftikhar wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:Xherdan Shaqiri!!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR PEOPLE!!

cheers
Confirmed hmm scratch Suspect Shocked :coffee: :whistle: !!!

There are noises from Sky Italia :p
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:46 pm

Fabrizio Romano @FabrizioRomano · 5h 5 hours ago
#Shaqiri: #Bayern want 15M€. Now #Inter made a bid 6 months loan + buy clause. #LFC Liverpool just started talks for permanent deal, no bid.

ohhhhh the talking is back!!! :facepalm:

15m€ for Shaqiri . . WHAT IS THERE TO TALK ABOUT!!! :facepalm: :brickwall:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:53 pm

Fahim89 wrote:
Fabrizio Romano @FabrizioRomano · 5h 5 hours ago
#Shaqiri: #Bayern want 15M€. Now #Inter made a bid 6 months loan + buy clause. #LFC Liverpool just started talks for permanent deal, no bid.

ohhhhh the talking is back!!! :facepalm:

15m€ for Shaqiri . . WHAT IS THERE TO TALK ABOUT!!! :facepalm: :brickwall:
Probably trying for two-year loan deal followed by a five-year staggered payment...
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:55 pm

We should really try to sell Borini, Lucas and Allen and bring in some real quality. We barely have 6-7 players for a CL quality team.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:35 am

Lucas should stay. He's come back in form, and brings sooooooooooo much more balance in midfield when playing with Henderson. He should of been the anchor this season, not Gerrard. Still arguably the best midfielder we have. He frees Henderson and Coutinho when playing and shores up the defence. Just a shame he loses his influence when playing with Gerrard. :\

Allen should be a back up. (We won't get anyone better than him right now anyway.)

Borini is pretty much gone but wasn't really given a chance. (I honestly don't see 5 minutes at the end of the game as a "chance".) He should of been playing with Mario up top when Sturridge got injured, but we didn't... lol

Hoping that Shaqiri talk is genuine.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:46 am

Red Albert wrote:Lucas should stay. He's come back in form, and brings sooooooooooo much more balance in midfield when playing with Henderson. He should of been the anchor this season, not Gerrard. Still arguably the best midfielder we have.

I rather he stayed, too, because we're a bit light in midfield, but you rate him way too high. Lucas plays with the same pace as Gerrard, the difference there is that Gerrard is 34 while Lucas is about to turn 28.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:50 am

Now the icing would be us trying to replace Gerrard with Delph :facepalm: :facepalm:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:53 am

There's no replacing Gerrard like-for-like, as there was no replacing Suarez like that, either. Whatever CMs we bring in in the summer, we shouldn't be comparing them to Gerrard.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:07 am

Art Morte wrote:There's no replacing Gerrard like-for-like, as there was no replacing Suarez like that, either. Whatever CMs we bring in in the summer, we shouldn't be comparing them to Gerrard.

Yep pretty much so no point comparing but the levels should be close. Shouldn't they?
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:09 am

Art Morte wrote:
Red Albert wrote:Lucas should stay. He's come back in form, and brings sooooooooooo much more balance in midfield when playing with Henderson. He should of been the anchor this season, not Gerrard. Still arguably the best midfielder we have.

I rather he stayed, too, because we're a bit light in midfield, but you rate him way too high. Lucas plays with the same pace as Gerrard, the difference there is that Gerrard is 34 while Lucas is about to turn 28.

Yet has better positioning, more tactical understanding/awareness, is a better tackler, better reader of the game, actually suited to the role, and finally looks like he's recovered both mentally and physically from his time out from injuries.

His passing is quite underrated too.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:50 pm

Rumours still popping up about Shaarawy and Shaqiri. I would take Shaarawy first as Shaqiri looks to not have a great footballing brain, but I think either would be ok (though really, neither fit a need unless we're going to convert them to striker which I could see with Shaarawy).

Also linked with Vietto but I doubt he moves in the winter though it's a link that makes way more sense than the two above.

Lucas is not our best midfielder, but he is still useful. Though I would prefer if he were a back-up with Can - Hendo as our two main men in the midfield (Henderson is by far our best midfielder). We'll see what happens come summer, but it'd be nice to get a WC midfielder when Gerrard moves on.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:51 pm

El Cujo wrote:Rumours still popping up about Shaarawy and Shaqiri. I would take Shaarawy first as Shaqiri looks to not have a great footballing brain, but I think either would be ok (though really, neither fit a need unless we're going to convert them to striker which I could see with Shaarawy).

Also linked with Vietto but I doubt he moves in the winter though it's a link that makes way more sense than the two above.

Lucas is not our best midfielder, but he is still useful. Though I would prefer if he were a back-up with Can - Hendo as our two main men in the midfield (Henderson is by far our best midfielder). We'll see what happens come summer, but it'd be nice to get a WC midfielder when Gerrard moves on.

I didn't see any Sharawy rumors! Could you post any of the links mate?
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:30 pm

Fahim89 wrote:
El Cujo wrote:Rumours still popping up about Shaarawy and Shaqiri. I would take Shaarawy first as Shaqiri looks to not have a great footballing brain, but I think either would be ok (though really, neither fit a need unless we're going to convert them to striker which I could see with Shaarawy).

Just silly tabloids like Metro and Express:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/12/31/liverpool-and-manchester-united-set-to-battle-for-cut-price-transfer-deal-for-ac-milans-stephan-el-shaarawy-5004796/

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/549397/AC-Milan-Arsenal-Liverpool-11-5m-Stephan-El-Shaarawy

I'm sure there are others but nothing will come of it. We've been linked with him before I can't see it happening. Would be too good to be true.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:48 pm

El Cujo wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:

Just silly tabloids like Metro and Express:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/12/31/liverpool-and-manchester-united-set-to-battle-for-cut-price-transfer-deal-for-ac-milans-stephan-el-shaarawy-5004796/

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/549397/AC-Milan-Arsenal-Liverpool-11-5m-Stephan-El-Shaarawy

I'm sure there are others but nothing will come of it. We've been linked with him before I can't see it happening. Would be too good to be true.
Only Guardian and Times are reliable among British media. Since ES plays in Italy, if anything was afoot, Di Marzio would have something to say about that.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:53 pm

Well DiMarzio did talk about our concrete interest in Shaqiri but nothing on Sharawy
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:15 pm

Do you guys think Suso will leave in this window!!! I read a news (back in September/October) that he will go to Inter.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:20 pm

I don't see Suso breaking into the team. I'd like to see him play against Wimbledon, though, and in a match or two later on in the season as well to get an idea of his current level.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:29 pm

According to Gianluca Di Marzio, Liverpool have offered £10.95m to sign Swiss winger Xherdan Shaqiri.
Juventus have reached an agreement with Shaqiri's agent, but still did not manage to convince Bayern as they offered just £5.48m
On the other hand Inter Milan have offered £230000 less from Liverpool's one. But their offer is to loan him for a season and then buy him in the next season, where Liverpool are willing to purchase Shaqiri outright.

Only our Transfer committee can screw this up! :facepalm:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:45 pm

10m for Shaqiri is really good ffs. Though I don't know why we are looking at Shaqiri as he's not a GK, ST, DM, or CB which are the 4 priorities for us.

But I'd love him for 10m Razz
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next