futbol
Harmonica
Mr Nick09
85 posters

Page 25 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

Bale is football Javale Mcgee - Page 25 Empty Re: Bale is football Javale Mcgee

Post by titosantill Thu May 14, 2015 2:16 pm

whilst bale played like trash all season, i have to agree with muppet, cristiano should not be taking free kicks anymore unless its a league game where we are like 4 goals up....bale's a better freekick taker than him, i reckon james might be too

titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 14, 2015 3:13 pm

titosantill wrote:whilst bale played like trash all season, i have to agree with muppet, cristiano should not be taking free kicks anymore unless its a league game where we are like 4 goals up....bale's a better freekick taker than him, i reckon james might be too

I may be wrong, but wasn't Cristiano's FK conversion rate pretty good, back in 2009-2010? If I remember correctly, his shots were mostly on target even when he didn't score. Regardless, he's been firing blanks from the spot for several seasons, already. If someone had the balls and/or authority to appoint another main free kick taker, it would've been done by now. Nope, Harmonica.. I don't want your altered stats.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu May 14, 2015 3:36 pm

He changed his style to spare himself from injury. He shouldn't take FKs. Would rather have someone with more presicion than Bale or Ronaldo and have someone like James shoot.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet Thu May 14, 2015 3:46 pm

The Franchise wrote:Tell me what else I can take from it. Thats all you really said.

No thanks. Yet another epic run in with a mod/admin here. Really impressive.
Muppet
Muppet
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu May 14, 2015 3:55 pm

love this forum all the 2 face arguments, to save face for the donkey Proud
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 14, 2015 4:14 pm

It's a shame Z isn't active anymore. He loved Bale. Would like to hear his opinion right now.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 14, 2015 4:27 pm

Z loves every Madrid player lol.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 14, 2015 5:17 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Z loves every Madrid player lol.

Except Benzema hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu May 14, 2015 5:26 pm

Loving all the excuses from British journalists that I'm reading, there's been about a dozen articles about him being a scapegoat and how he should return to the Premier League but only a couple really criticizing him.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu May 14, 2015 5:32 pm

Yeah, no real excuses anymore. Though if he went back to the premier league I think he would do very well. Immediately would be one of the best players probably.

Come back to Tottenham Proud

Remember thinking before he came to La Liga that he was a good enough and young enough player with the technical ability to make it but, it seems that hasn't really been the case.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu May 14, 2015 5:39 pm

Thimmy wrote:
titosantill wrote:whilst bale played like trash all season, i have to agree with muppet, cristiano should not be taking free kicks anymore unless its a league game where we are like 4 goals up....bale's a better freekick taker than him, i reckon james might be too

I may be wrong, but wasn't Cristiano's FK conversion rate pretty good, back in 2009-2010? If I remember correctly, his shots were mostly on target even when he didn't score. Regardless, he's been firing blanks from the spot for several seasons, already. If someone had the balls and/or authority to appoint another main free kick taker, it would've been done by now. Nope, Harmonica.. I don't want your altered stats.
Cronaldo has 1 goal from 54 free kicks this season, and even the one goal was a complete goalie blunder.

He has the record of hitting the world's smallest (Lahm) possible wall though

Bale is football Javale Mcgee - Page 25 FarawayBowedAquaticleech

No idea why he takes them anymore, he would score more being a target man.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu May 14, 2015 6:20 pm

why are people saying bale doesent have the technical ability to play in spain. yet di maria with all the technical ability in the world cant hack it in the prem lge. for a player to make it in another lge is down to lots of things. di maria is not a bad player because he has found it hard going in England. and bale is not a bad player because he is not playing great in spain.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu May 14, 2015 6:28 pm

Bale is actually a great player when played in a system/team that suits him.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu May 14, 2015 6:42 pm

Bale needs to learn to adjust, as does Di Maria. When you play with a team that gets results playing a specific system/style why should they change it for one player?

Neymar/Suarez have adopted with us. Sure we do play a bit more direct which is good for them, but they still play in our system. Bale is just simply not good enough to adjust.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu May 14, 2015 6:45 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Bale is actually a great player when played in a system/team that suits him.

You mean a system where all he has to do is sprint into open space? Because that's all he can do and I'm sick of it being excused with 'system' arguments. A player who can only run in straight lines isn't a footballer as far as I'm concerned. One of the things I hate the most about modern football tbh.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu May 14, 2015 7:27 pm

Cruijf wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Bale is actually a great player when played in a system/team that suits him.

You mean a system where all he has to do is sprint into open space? Because that's all he can do and I'm sick of it being excused with 'system' arguments. A player who can only run in straight lines isn't a footballer as far as I'm concerned. One of the things I hate the most about modern football tbh.
im not saying Ronaldo is a kick and run player. but he does 90% of his goal scoring from beating players with speed.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu May 14, 2015 7:28 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Bale needs to learn to adjust, as does Di Maria. When you play with a team that gets results playing a specific system/style why should they change it for one player?

Neymar/Suarez have adopted with us. Sure we do play a bit more direct which is good for them, but they still play in our system. Bale is just simply not good enough to adjust.
true. but suarez is one of the top 3 players in the world.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu May 14, 2015 7:52 pm

when will fans learn any player can look good in a free role? its when players go to elite teams is where their abilities are truly tested
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 14, 2015 8:15 pm

MR BOND wrote:
Cruijf wrote:

im not saying Ronaldo is a kick and run player. but he does 90% of his goal scoring from beating players with speed.

The majority of his goals are a result of good positioning inside the box. He's lost a significant amount of speed and pace, and you rarely see him even attempt to dribble past opposing players these days, other than the occasional run to make space for a cross. He may have an amazing physique, but he's not in his 20s anymore.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu May 14, 2015 9:17 pm

Thimmy wrote:
MR BOND wrote:
Cruijf wrote:

The majority of his goals are a result of good positioning inside the box. He's lost a significant amount of speed and pace, and you rarely see him even attempt to dribble past opposing players these days, other than the occasional run to make space for a cross. He may have an amazing physique, but he's not in his 20s anymore.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing the guy is all about speed. as good as Ronaldo is. its speed that gets his results.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu May 14, 2015 9:18 pm

MR BOND wrote:
Thimmy wrote:
MR BOND wrote: im not saying Ronaldo is a kick and run player. but he does 90% of his goal scoring from beating players with speed.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing the guy is all about speed. as good as Ronaldo is. its speed that gets his results.

You obviously don't watch him anymore. His positioning is his main trait as of now. Speed declined drastically last 3 years.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 14, 2015 11:25 pm

MR BOND wrote:
Thimmy wrote:
MR BOND wrote: im not saying Ronaldo is a kick and run player. but he does 90% of his goal scoring from beating players with speed.

He definitely based his game on speed to a great extent in the past, but yeah.. it sounds like you haven't watched him play in quite a while. I can't remember the last time I saw him do any of this.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu May 14, 2015 11:33 pm

MR BOND wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:Bale needs to learn to adjust, as does Di Maria. When you play with a team that gets results playing a specific system/style why should they change it for one player?

true. but suarez is one of the top 3 players in the world.

And what makes him that good? He works hard from the first to the last minute keeps pushing even when goals weren't coming he kept going, as does Neymar, but I don't even remotely see that with Bale.

And this guy has the audacity to say that his general play overall is good smh Bale is football Javale Mcgee - Page 25 2276801876
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 15, 2015 3:31 am

Thimmy wrote:
MR BOND wrote:
Cruijf wrote:

he's still ridiculously fast.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri May 15, 2015 3:35 am

Watch him being sold to United and watch him fire them into the CL final next yr.

The Mehdrid curse that keeps on giving Proud Its gonna happen from time to time.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 15, 2015 4:05 am

still waiting for ozil and di maria to achieve that
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend