Page 4 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Go down

The Pogba War - Page 5 Empty Re: The Pogba War

Post by salmano9 Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:33 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
salmano9 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Best midfielder on the planet Laughing

What has he done to deserve this acclaim Laughing

He wasn't even that great at the WC and as of right now he's done zilch in the CL, I haven't watched much of Juve this year but last year both Vidal and Pirlo were better.

That is an insult, cuz clearly you do not watch Serie A (anymore). Lol do you know that he is our best midfielder this season, saving our ass almost every game. In the CL, who scored the winner vs olympiacos? He is our key MF ths season lol...

Who said I don't watch Serie A? I said I haven't watched much Juventus.

Who cares if he's been your best midfielder this season? Doesn’t translate to anything and Olympiakos? Lol seriously is that all you got?

Your proving my point exactly, you're crowning him before he's even the king. When he actually proves himself against elite competition then we can have this discussion, until then no.

Obviously, you don't watch him play and that is why you don't rate him high.

salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:14 pm

Bankz wrote:@borielete. true, except there has to be some reasonable justification for being one.
@lupi. U do realize his market value could drop by then or afterwards? What if he flops in euro 2016? Trust me, the transfer market is very fickle, sensitive and based on the here and now. Hell, its even more inconsistent than bales form or the stock market.
@valk. My thoughts exactly.

With so many club being injected by cash from Sponsors to Arab owners and etc. I cant see how the market is going to slow down. Its fundamental in Marketing, need/want/demand. I am not saying he is the best midfielder in the world but he is up there there aren't many who reached the same level in his age at the current market.
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:52 am

I would accept lavezzi,cavani and veratti in a trade for pogba if they want a tini bit of money psq can have it.

lavezzi-tevez
  cavani  

now thats what i call an attack

As a Juve fan I am not convinced by Berardi, i no he has an amazing goal scoring record for someone as young as him but he just seems like a meh player. hopefully I'm wrong as for ZAZA he deserves a club like lazio,sampdoria, fiorentina not juventus
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:24 am

marottalad wrote:I would accept lavezzi,cavani and veratti in a trade for pogba if they want a tini bit of money psq can have it.

lavezzi-tevez
  cavani  

As a Juve fan I am not convinced by Berardi, i no he has an amazing goal scoring record for someone as young as him but he just seems like a meh player. hopefully I'm wrong as for ZAZA he deserves a club like lazio,sampdoria, fiorentina not juventus

Lol, meh, I wouldn't want Cavani and Lavezzi, cuz they are not good for the long run. we need an isco, firmino, Dybala... Someone for the future. A new Ibra? Sad
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:22 am

salmano9 wrote:
marottalad wrote:I would accept lavezzi,cavani and veratti in a trade for pogba if they want a tini bit of money psq can have it.

lavezzi-tevez
  cavani  

Lol, meh, I wouldn't want Cavani and Lavezzi, cuz they are not good for the long run. we need an isco, firmino, Dybala... Someone for the future. A new Ibra? Sad

That's why we have coman and morata on the bench champ:) for the future.

I just don't think we can secure even promising players like firmino isco or dybala so the swaps mentioned is the best we can hope for as a juve fan.. i want to be proven wrong of course.

I actually think we will get Jackson Martinez... now he is quality. He has been linked with a move to juve, he said he wants to play in serie a and we can offer him a league title and champions league football every year. He is already convinced. As for the rest of the squad we have absolutely no idea what's going to happen because without selling pogba we won't be bringing in many players as we have to pay for a lot of co ownerships and installment fees, but if we sell pogba we will have heaps of coin or we can swap him for players. We could end up as a team on chelsea,psg's level or we will end up like dortmund and tottenham.

At the moment i rate us somewhere in the middle to tottenham and psg level

The money is there... adidas deal next years cl qualification plus if we sell pogba we should have no excuses to at least get someone like jackson martinez in
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Insoucious Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:23 pm

Raiola gave an interview to a French TV show, the journalist asked him if Pogba would beat Cristiano Ronaldo transfer record, he answered "Yes". I think he would leave for 95/100M€
Insoucious
Insoucious
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:31 pm

Raiola is starting the marketing and PR campaign for Pogba for this summer... the last time he talked to french reporters was before Matuidi's extension and Ibra's extension before that.  It's pretty standard.  Just doing his job.  The more money a club pays for Pogba, the more money Raiola makes.  His fee is a % of the transfer fee and wages.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:50 pm

I would really spend those Pogba money on Koke and Quintero + LB, Sell Llorente and get another striker.

------------Vidal-----Marchisio----Koke---
--------------------Quintero--------------
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:15 am

DeviAngel wrote:I would really spend those Pogba money on Koke and Quintero + LB, Sell Llorente and get another striker.

that's a good way to invest the money but i can't see juve pulling it off. A good " realistic " deal for us could be giving pogba to psg for pastore+ ibra and money or pastor and cavani. Pastore knows the league he is a good player but replaceable IMO for psg. The same thing applies to cavani and ibra ( both good players but replaceable for psg and knows the league). Ibra is more realistic because he is ageing and i don't think he will demand the high wages he is on now at psg. As for Cavani his wages will be astronomical, but if we want to get back to the top in european football we need to take risks. Also another idea of mine is to get veratti and pastore in a swap for pogba and buy jackson martinez from porto. I don't like the idea of getting zaza for 15 mil as he is a stupid typical squad player signing for us and i am not sold on Berardi. Juventus have to sign Berardi's 50 percent remaining co - ownership price ( being 15 mil) because of the law regarding co - ownerships but i am hoping we move him on when we sign him.

It is make or break for Juventus and Marotta this summer.
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:44 am

DeviAngel wrote:I would really spend those Pogba money on Koke and Quintero + LB, Sell Llorente and get another striker.

Koke is not leaving Atletico to play in serie zzzzz Laughing
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:50 am

Socur Toxanarosa wrote:

Koke is not leaving Atletico to play in serie zzzzz Laughing

Stop being so disrespectful to italian football i am sick of people being bagging it. If it's so bad then how come all the top european clubs wanna keep buying players from our league? how's 3-0 going by the way Wink all that money and you took that long to win the champions league what a joke.

If it wasn't for abramovic those year ago chelsea would have folded. Remember the campaign... save the bridge! haha of course you wouldn't have because you probably didn't even know chelsea existed back then. You were probably a UTD or madrid fan weren't you? lol
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:26 am

at least Abramovic was putting money in the club and not the referees pockets. let's not go throwing stones in our glass house shall we :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:35 am

B-Mac wrote:at least Abramovic was putting money in the club and not the referees pockets. let's not go throwing stones in our glass house shall we :coffee:

Ok because a team of world class champions like we had back then really needed to bribe referees to win games...... ok mate
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:37 am

Enough.

No need for personal or club attacks. Return to the topic.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:45 am

Kick wrote:Enough.

No need for personal or club attacks. Return to the topic.

I will stop but it is so frustrating to see time and time again especially on goal-legacy people sledging Italian football. You can only take so much as a fan before you feel oblidged to respond. The league has had way more world class champions put through it then the epl, yet it is treated like it's the 2nd division somalian football league
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:04 am

why do people still rate Lavezzi so high? he has been a flop in Ligue 1 for the past 2 years lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:44 pm

salmano9 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
salmano9 wrote:
That is an insult, cuz clearly you do not watch Serie A (anymore). Lol do you know that he is our best midfielder this season, saving our ass almost every game. In the CL, who scored the winner vs olympiacos? He is our key MF ths season lol...

Who said I don't watch Serie A? I said I haven't watched much Juventus.

Who cares if he's been your best midfielder this season?  Doesn’t translate to anything and Olympiakos?  Lol seriously is that all you got?

Your proving my point exactly, you're crowning him before he's even the king. When he actually proves himself against elite competition then we can have this discussion, until then no.

Obviously, you don't watch him play and that is why you don't rate him high.

Ok Laughing

And who said I don't rate him high? Because I'm not overly emotional so I insanely overrate him like you don't mean I don't rate him highly.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:01 pm

salmano9 is a known Pogba hater though... you can't accuse him of feeling emotionally biased to overrating him Laughing He's a Marchisio fanatic and was extremely bitter when Pogba benched him... he's come around this season because Pogba has been so good.

Just some background.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:16 pm

Don't really care tbh, it's just the same old tired nonsense " you don't agree with me so you don't watch him".

I actually rate him very highly I just don't consider him the best in the world when he hasn't proven anything against the elite just yet.

He could be one day sure but right now? Nope but all in all I'm tired of the same old if you don't agree with me then you are wrong nonsense.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:21 pm

Let the haters be haters. People want to dis Juve or Serie A? Let them. Now, you are putting yourself up for it when you say that Juve are on the level of Tottenham and PSG and a realistic target would be lavezzi or pastore or old Ibra.....Do you really really think that if Juve sells Pogba they would reinvest it like that? I dont think so, they will replace a champion with 2-3 champions.
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:23 pm

No one is hating or dissing, grow up and stop being so precious Laughing

This maybe difficult for some of you kids to understand but it's possible to debate the level of a player without being a "hater".
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:24 pm

We see the same thing happening season after season with different players. I have said this before as well, i completely agree with mole. Last year it was Arsenal fans making of Ramsey the best mid in the world. Where is Ramsey now?

This season it's Juve fans calling pogo the best because he is scoring a couple of goals. That's not a way tort midfielders. I have seen few juve games this season, and Pogba is not even close to how good Gundogan was two years ago.

He simply hasn't proven it yet and until does, you have to stop with that "best midfielder"" nonsense. Underwhelming WC, underwhelming CL, we already know he has a great shot. What did he do to help his team when he played pathetico? because i saw those games and i wasn't overly impressed...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:33 pm

IF you're going to use Atleti as an example... then Kroos, Modric, Isco and James are all far worse players than Pogba because he played better than all those guys against Atleti.

He's dominant with Juve this year and their best midfielder at the age of 21... and we're talking about a midfield that includes Vidal, Marchisio and Pirlo.  He's the only Serie A player to finish in the top 20 of BdO this past year.  He does everything.

If you want to ignore all this, fine.  But it's typical GL to under-hype all young phenoms and then go into over-hype mode as soon as they either play in the EPL or a top team.  Happened with Hazard, Neymar, etc.  Same thing with Pogba.

I'm not saying that you can't dislike or like him... but to dismiss his achievements this season is just not accurate. Now, how you rank him is all personal opinion.

Last edited by sportsczy on Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:34 pm

Haters Laughing

New world we live in nowadays.

Your not allowed to not like something, or even disagree a little bit...or your a hater.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:10 pm

sportsczy wrote:IF you're going to use Atleti as an example... then Kroos, Modric, Isco and James are all far worse players than Pogba because he played better than all those guys against Atleti.

He's dominant with Juve this year and their best midfielder at the age of 21... and we're talking about a midfield that includes Vidal, Marchisio and Pirlo.  He's the only Serie A player to finish in the top 20 of BdO this past year.  He does everything.

If you want to ignore all this, fine.  But it's typical GL to under-hype all young phenoms and then go into over-hype mode as soon as they either play in the EPL or a top team.  Happened with Hazard, Neymar, etc.  Same thing with Pogba.

I'm not saying that you can't dislike or like him... but to dismiss his achievements this season is just not accurate. Now, how you rank him is all personal opinion.
It's not that we under-hype him, it's just that we refuse to hype him to fast. It's not surprising he is playing so well this season, he is continuously progressing. but you are comparing him to Vidal coming off an injury and still struggling, Pirlo who is 50, and Marcihisio who cares about Marchisio?

The perspective you use to rate him only tells half the story. And we all know the quality in Serie A has been dreadful in recent years, who are we to compare him to?

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:18 pm

Marchisio and Vidal walk into most every midfield except Madrid, Barca and Bayern.... and Matic/Yaya. That's about it in terms of better midfielders. Vidal started out very slow due to off-season knee issues but he's picked up a lot of steam lately. Marchisio is very good.

But again, you're free to your opinion. I have mine. Juve are a very good team. Not elite, but very good. They're a step above Arsenal, etc. Their issue: There's only one. They lack an elite striker. Tevez is nice but not elite + Llorente is terrible + Morata is young and learning. That's their only weakness and it gets exposed in tight games where they need a guy to bury the chances that he gets.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next