Kick
dostoevsky
Kaladin
Forza
Dante
47 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 12 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by dostoevsky Sat 4 Jul 2015 - 13:43

I don't see anything wrong with their purchase of Cabaye. Any top club needs depth in the middle and their only other options at that time were Rabiot and some rather average defensive minded midfielder whose name I can't even bring to mind, I think it began with C. He's French, can cover any midfield position and possessed the quality to act either as a reserve or a starter in the case of injury but I don't think anyone envisioned him replacing any of their midfield three, except perhaps Cabaye but that's hardly a slight on PSG, it was a sensible transfer from their point of view.

Cavani's transfer again was entirely defensible at the time. Everyone thought it would be a fantastic idea to play a mobile, hard working, prolific nine off Ibra. After all, that's what we're planning on doing, no? At the time however Pastore was nowhere near as productive in his role and defensively they then had to adjust and put Cavani on the wing, but there was nothing wrong with the idea at the time. Even so, he was still seen as a way to future proof the club, bringing in Europe's most desired centre forward who was expected to be able to co-exist then replace Zlatan.

Hell, even Luiz has more to do with the price tag than the actual transfer.

Their overall strategy has largely made sense at the time throughout their build, unlike City who make it a habit to drop 30 million on a new striker at least once or twice every window whilst ignoring the flanks and the centre of the park.

dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 12 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by Kaladin Sat 4 Jul 2015 - 13:59

I'd like to mention that all my examples are relative to the price tags attached to tthe players, sorry should've mentioned that earlier. Cavani would've made more sense if they didn't put him out in the wing, sure, he still plays off Ibra in that role, but the only redeeming qualities he has as a winger is probably his ability to track back. I feel like they could've gotten a winger instead and an amicable rotation option for Ibra instead of Cavani. Cabaye's point i concede, as i recall, Verratti didn't really 'break out' that time, and they didn't have much option in the middle of the park. Luiz's transfer felt wrong on so many levels and not just on a financial level, they've had to shoehorn Marquinhos into RB every now and then because of him. Granted, Marq is till young to be starting defenses against the European elites, but hell, he'd give a better showing than Luiz Laughing (at least i think he will)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat 4 Jul 2015 - 14:14

They ended up putting him out of position after their initial plan, which seemed sound, failed though. After that they were forced into an awkward position as you can't bench a record signing but they certainly didn't envision him spending his time on the wing.

Marq at RB has always been an option to be employed in the case of injury, regardless of Luiz' transfer. Roma did it quite often, even in the Coppa final when forced and at PSG it's been the same. He's seen as a central defender but when injuries pile up he's a versatile option to put at fullback, that would be true if they'd bought Luiz or Bonera. They needed a central defender and went with Silva's recommendation. It was an insane piece of business but even then the issue wasn't with the roles they sought to fill just the financial considerations.

Regardless, this isn't to say they won't err majorly this summer. They don't even need to, as long as they're satifised they can survive Ibra departing I won't care how it pans out for them, though for Silva's sake I hope they continue to dominate their league.

Out of interest, supposing Ibra picks up a 12 month injury during the summer prior to a deal going through, who would people pursue in his stead? We have a long two months to fill with musings after all. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat 4 Jul 2015 - 14:49

Hmm..thats a hard one, there really isn't anyone else that i want other than Ibra Laughing

But if its a case of alternatives, there's Benz, who might get shafted out for CR like you said but he won't ever come Laughing

As for a realistic option...yeah, can't think of anyone, if we can't get Ibra, i'd like to see us refocus our efforts on getting a creative midfielder, like many here said. Kovacic needs to get out of purgatory imo
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun 5 Jul 2015 - 3:59

Dortmund's remaining stars should be pillaged immediately, Hummels included. There's no argument for them to stay now. "The project is over, CL aspirations are over, Klopp is gone, it's the perfect time to move your career forward." ~ what Galliani should be saying.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun 5 Jul 2015 - 10:18

To which they might very easily say, how is moving to Milan a move forward? Right now, Dortmund's players appear to be loyally standing by their club but if they were to leave, what do we have to offer that other clubs do not?

At Dortmund they have Europa League football. If they were to leave to play in the Champions League I might understand, but to move to a club without European football at all? They don't have a better chance of winning a European or even domestic trophy at Milan than they do countless other suitors.

Could we pay them better? Better than Dortmund perhaps but better than the likes of City, United, Chelsea, Barcelona, Madrid, PSG, Bayern? All of whom offer immediate Champions League football?

Besides the fact that they may wish to remain loyal, if there is truly no argument for them to stay at Dortmund, there seems no reason why they'd choose us over many others who would have them instead.

The only Dortmund player we might reasonably expect to arrive would be Immobile in order to return to Serie A however the last thing we need right now is a 9. It's also worth noting that with the arrivals of Bacca and Adriano, I don't think we actually have space for players without EU passports. So the likes of Subotic could not be bought, though this might change with departures I believe. On that note, targets like Nastasic and Jovetic have also been ruled out for this reason if the reports I read are accurate.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun 5 Jul 2015 - 20:04

Sky is now reporting that Mexes is unlikely to renew his contract. It is the choice of Mihajlovic, who pushes for Romagnoli.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun 5 Jul 2015 - 20:20

I can't help but thing theres is a catch to all this. This past week has just been good news and good news.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Based Bonera Sun 5 Jul 2015 - 23:14

M99 wrote:I can't help but thing theres is a catch to all this. This past week has just been good news and good news.

You need to start beelieving bro
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon 6 Jul 2015 - 4:15

Laughing

On the topic of an Ibra replacement, like others have said there isn't really anyone I would want other than him, except, and bear with me here, Giroud. While others have contasntly criticized him I have always been a fan, and I'd love to see him here. The thing he has in common with Ibra is his absolutely world class ability to pick out runs from his teammates and link up with fellow attackers. His finishing has always been his weakness, but I've always believed he'd excel if he played alongside a pacy striker who can make intelligent runs in behind, and we have two of them.

Barring Ibra or Giroud, I would like to see us spend that money on a top class playmaker capable of providing killer passes in the final third.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon 6 Jul 2015 - 23:48

GDM: Milan, the key to Ibrahimovic is Mastour

What do you guys think?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon 6 Jul 2015 - 23:50

GDM: Mihajlovic has said a definitive "No" to Mexes' renewal. Milan insist on Romagnoli and Laporte
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue 7 Jul 2015 - 2:27

My main man Laudisa (whom i consider reliable, the only reliable outlet for GdS imo) with a weird rumor:

The Milan moves for Gundogan of Borussia Dortmund.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed 8 Jul 2015 - 14:31

Official: Mexes's contract extended.

(:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed 8 Jul 2015 - 20:06

Brazilian outlet Globo Esporte report that Milan have offered Alex to Santos on loan.

Seems like one defender has to leave for another to arrive
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed 8 Jul 2015 - 22:25

Witsel agent exclusively to #AntennaTre: He has said YES to Milan.

Witsel's agent: "Italy is Axel's priority, he wants to move to Milan. We have been working for several weeks."

Witsel agent: "Juve aren't interested in my client, Milan offer is €20m, Zenit want €30-35m, we are optimistic about the deal"
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Thu 9 Jul 2015 - 10:35

Apparently, we have agreed a deal to sell Mastour to PSG for €7mil
Retarded move from us if true
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Thu 9 Jul 2015 - 10:38

El Shaarawy wrote:My main man Laudisa (whom i consider reliable, the only reliable outlet for GdS imo) with a weird rumor:

Gundogan has reiterated he won't be leaving Borrussia Dortmund this year amidst reports linking him to us

Witsel it is then
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Thu 9 Jul 2015 - 13:38

MILAN – Former Milan defender and
assistant coach Mauro Tassotti has given
an interview to the Italian sports daily
Gazzetta dello Sport in which amongst
other themes and issues, he spoke about his
new role at Milan. As part of his new
position at the club, Tassotti will oversee
the Milan players out on loan at other clubs,
tracking their progress away from the San
Siro.
This is what he said: "I would have
continued to coach, I didn’t make the
decision to change. This new role however
for me is not a step back. I am taking it on
with enthusiasm because I will still be
working with our players. No one forced me,
I could have even chosen to stay at home.
Galliani said to me ‘This is football…’. I was
lost for a moment. Now, I will try to go
about it by removing myself from matters
on the training pitch."
More on his new role: "I will have to not
only watch the players during the match, but
also throughout the week. And at the end of
the season, give my opinion, assess whether
they are ready for Milan. There will be
20-25 players. Another case of what
happened with Darmian cannot happen
again."
The ex-defender also reflected on his
career: "I had the chance to become a first
team coach when I quit coaching the Milan
youth team. I was in contact with a few
clubs, for instance Chievo. In the end, I
decided to stay for family reasons."

Didn't know where to post this
Another step in the right direction
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu 9 Jul 2015 - 13:43

M99 wrote:Official: Mexes's contract extended.

(:

:facepalm:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Thu 9 Jul 2015 - 15:54

Forza wrote:
M99 wrote:Official: Mexes's contract extended.

(:

:facepalm:
blame it on silvio
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu 9 Jul 2015 - 19:17

uzonero wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:My main man Laudisa (whom i consider reliable, the only reliable outlet for GdS imo) with a weird rumor:

Gundogan has reiterated he won't be leaving Borrussia Dortmund this year amidst reports linking him to us

Witsel it is then

Yeah, i reckon we'll get Witsel as well

Besides Ibra, Romagnoli and Witsel, we still need another CB imo, like many said, maybe even another LB (RB if MDS is staying on the left)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Thu 9 Jul 2015 - 23:58

El Shaarawy wrote:
uzonero wrote:

Witsel it is then

Yeah, i reckon we'll get Witsel as well

Besides Ibra, Romagnoli and Witsel, we still need another CB imo, like many said, maybe even another LB (RB if MDS is staying on the left)
Nah we don't need an extra defender. We have Zaccardo to cover all necessary positions at the back Laughing

If we are to go after an extra CB after our primary CB target, we will have to get rid of two CBs. With Alex likely leaving, I think one of Zapata or Zaccardo would have to leave as well

Albertazzi proved himself not good enough as a back up last season. If he doesn't show improvements this pre season, I think it will be wise to get rid of him in pursuit of a better option who will fight Antonelli for the starting spot with Abate and MDS fighting for the spot on the opposite flank
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat 11 Jul 2015 - 0:04

GDM: Monaco close to agreement for El Shaarawy

For f*cks sake :facepalm:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat 11 Jul 2015 - 0:08

WTF is this?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat 11 Jul 2015 - 0:22

GDM: ES WILL UNDERGO MEDICALS ON SUNDAY, DEAL ACCEPTED

Speechless
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next