Bankz
LeSwagg James
BarrileteCosmico
Winter is Coming
Great Leader Sprucenuce
77 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 23 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II

Post by Harmonica Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:05 pm

izzy wrote:
Harmonica wrote:Mostly about mental toughness. hmm

Yep, Mental toughness.......................... that was probably why you chose to discredit them when CR was outscoring Messi....... Penalties were too daunting for Messi.

I understand. Penalties and International tournaments are too much for some.
When Fakenaldo scores them, he scores them to himself, he's missed twice in CL SF, and once in CL final, and just this year lost for Refdrid the league. He was scoring them fine when Ballon d'Or was on the line, but when the title was on the line he pissed in his pants like he always does, chickened from the first penalty even in Euro SF.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 23 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II

Post by Harmonica Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:12 pm

Mind you Fakenaldo has still probably better mental strength than Maradona, who once missed 5 penalties in a row and lost Boca the league, and got carried in WC90 QF by Goycochea.

Spoiler:
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:14 pm

Harmonica wrote:When Fakenaldo scores them, he scores them to himself, he's missed twice in CL SF, and once in CL final, and just this year lost for Refdrid the league. He was scoring them fine when Ballon d'Or was on the line, but when the title was on the line he pissed in his pants like he always does, chickened from the first penalty even in Euro SF.

rofl

Why so defensive?

Let's go back to the fact that you chided the ability to score Penalties and have done a complete 180 and now view them as crucial.

It's OK. Messi has Penalties for his international final losses (3 I might add, each time we have had to check the team-sheet every 10 mins to see if he was still on in those games) and 2 MVP awards that he himself was so ashamed to win because he knows he was meh for those tournaments.

It's OK though, Di Maria is clearly Argentina's star man. No surprise Messi did nothing without that GOAT on field to actually inspire the team. Messi forbid we expect Messi to lead his team, he's only the captain after all. Rolling Eyes
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 pm

izzy wrote:
Harmonica wrote:When Fakenaldo scores them, he scores them to himself, he's missed twice in CL SF, and once in CL final, and just this year lost for Refdrid the league. He was scoring them fine when Ballon d'Or was on the line, but when the title was on the line he pissed in his pants like he always does, chickened from the first penalty even in Euro SF.

rofl

Why so defensive?

Let's go back to the fact that you chided the ability to score Penalties and have done a complete 180 and now view them as crucial.

It's OK. Messi has Penalties for his international final losses (3 I might add, each time we have had to check the team-sheet every 10 mins to see if he was still on in those games) and 2 MVP awards that he himself was so ashamed to win because he knows he was meh for those tournaments.

It's OK though, Di Maria is clearly Argentina's star man. No surprise Messi did nothing with that GOAT on field.

Umm it's you who's in Messi appreciation thread complaining about Messi appreciation.  Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:25 pm

I am appreciating him though. He has somehow found a way for you to actually rate and appreciate the ability to score penalties now.

All it took was Messi to actually score them for that to happen, who would have thunk?

When was the last time Messi scored from open play in a knockout round for Argentina? hmm
Don't want him over-exerting himself scoring those Pens do we?

rofl
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:30 pm

Let's not get into technicalities and keep this thread for appreciating and ass kissing only, shall we?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:31 pm

izzy wrote:I am appreciating him though. He has somehow found a way for you to actually rate and appreciate the ability to score penalties now.

All it took was Messi to actually score them for that to happen, who would have thunk?

When was the last time Messi scored from open play in a knockout round for Argentina? hmm
Don't want him over-exerting himself scoring those Pens do we?

rofl
I've always rated them though. The problem everyone has with Fakenaldo is that he's handed twice the penaldo's than he's supposed to have by Refdrid's. And when he's supposed to score them, he has bad track record.

Fun fact: European Golden Boot without penalties since 09-10.

09-10 Messi 33
10-11 Cronaldo 32
11-12 Messi 40
12-13 Messi 42
13-14 Suarez 31
14-15 Messi, Cronaldo 38

Messi would have one more, Penaldo one less, Suarez one undisputed.

hmm
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:37 pm

Harmonica wrote:I've always rated them though.

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 23 Avatar_21808_1359665141_zps86a044e5
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:40 pm

Harmonica wrote:
izzy wrote:
Harmonica wrote:Mostly about mental toughness. hmm

Yep, Mental toughness.......................... that was probably why you chose to discredit them when CR was outscoring Messi....... Penalties were too daunting for Messi.

I understand. Penalties and International tournaments are too much for some.
When Fakenaldo scores them, he scores them to himself, he's missed twice in CL SF, and once in CL final, and just this year lost for Refdrid the league. He was scoring them fine when Ballon d'Or was on the line, but when the title was on the line he pissed in his pants like he always does, chickened from the first penalty even in Euro SF.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:42 pm

izzy wrote:
Harmonica wrote:Fun fact: European Golden Boot without penalties since 09-10.

09-10 Messi 33
10-11 Cronaldo 32
11-12 Messi 40
12-13 Messi 42
13-14 Suarez 31
14-15 Messi, Cronaldo 38

Messi would have one more, Penaldo one less, Suarez one undisputed.

hmm

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 23 Avatar_21808_1359665141_zps86a044e5
That's all? rofl
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:45 pm

Harmonica wrote:That's all? rofl

rofl

You don't see how you just made my point do you?

rofl

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 23 Icon
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:47 pm

izzy wrote:
Harmonica wrote:That's all? rofl

rofl

You don't see how you just made my point do you?

rofl

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 23 Icon
Oh yeah, that makes it okey.

Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmad25 Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:15 pm

not everybody will rate maradona higher. there will be mixed feelings if messi ends up with 6 ballon dor and 5 CL. one great game against england is nothing compared to all these titles messi got. many stars won the world cup but maradona gets more hype than all of them because of england game

its knee jerk time you will not agree with me. but many people would take 4 cl 5 ballond dor 1 WC final and all the records over 1 world cup and 1 liga title. Messi is already having better career and he is not retired yet

Maradona made Napoli champion. oh Batistuta also made Roma champion in his first year. and its roma's only title in last 30 years
ahmad25
ahmad25
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:22 pm

ahmad25 wrote:not everybody will rate maradona higher. there will be mixed feelings if messi ends up with 6 ballon dor and 5 CL. one great game against england is nothing compared to all these titles messi got. many stars won the world cup but maradona gets more hype than all of them because of england game

its knee jerk time you will not agree with me. but many people would take 4 cl 5 ballond dor 1 WC final and all the records over 1 world cup and 1 liga title. Messi is already having better career and he is not retired yet

Maradona made Napoli champion. oh Batistuta also made Roma champion in his first year. and its roma's only title in last 30 years

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 23 Tumblr_mhxjwkZDh51qgq44oo1_500_zps9e747d27
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:28 pm

lol at the ballon d'or argument .

not only the current version of the award is crap ,but Maradona wasn't even eligible for it during his prime .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:32 pm

ahmad25 wrote:not everybody will rate maradona higher. there will be mixed feelings if messi ends up with 6 ballon dor and 5 CL.  one great game against england is nothing compared to all these titles messi got. many stars won the world cup but maradona gets more hype than all of them because of england game

I would concentrate on those associated with Maradona.

Jan Mulder (teammate Cruyff Ajax) - "Lionel Messi is by far the best player ever."
Willem van Hanegem (teammate Cruyff WC74) - "Messi is in my eyes the greatest of all-time."
Hugo Sotil (teammate Cruyff Barcelona) - "I've played with geniuses like Maradona, Pele, Cruyff, but for me Leo Messi is the best player ever."
Marcial Pina (teammate Cruyff Barcelona) - "Messi is the best player I've ever seen, better than Maradona and Cruyff together."

Osvaldo Ardiles (teammate Maradona WC82) – "I've already said this that Messi is not only the best football player right now, but also the best football player ever in the history of football. I played with Maradona for 7 years. I thought I'd never see another player like that but I have to say Messi is better."
Cesar Menotti (coach Maradona WC82) - "Messi is the best player in the world. He's at the level of the best Maradona."
Jorge Valdano (teammate Maradona WC86) - "Messi is Maradona every day. It is June 1986 for 5 years now. The last 5 years, Messi is the Maradona of the World Cup in Mexico."
Diego Simeone (teammate Maradona Sevilla/WC94) - "Diego has filled us with emotions. But between the cracks, without doubt, Messi is better than Maradona."
Francisco Carrasco (teammate Maradona Barcelona) - "Messi is impressive, he does wonders. What he does in the last metres, Maradona couldn't do as often."
Bernd Schuster (teammate Maradona Barcelona) - "Messi is the best player I have seen in my life."
Pichi Alonso (teammate Maradona Barcelona) - "I played with Maradona, and Messi is a lot better, scores more, more of a team player, physically stronger..."
Julio Alberto (teammate Maradona Barcelona) - "Messi is better than Diego. He's from another galaxy. Better than Pele or Maradona."

José Altafini (teammate Pele WC58) - "Messi is better than Maradona."

Ivan Helguera (teammate Zidane/Ronaldo Real Madrid) - "For me, Messi is the best player in history"
Michael Owen (teammate Zidane/Ronaldo Real Madrid) - "Best player of all time? Messi."
Ruud van Nistelrooy (teammate Ronaldo Real Madrid) - "Messi is on a different level. The fact he is doing what he is year after year says that he is the best of all time."
Mircea Lucescu (coach Ronaldo Inter) - "I don't think there ever has been or will be a phenomenon like Messi. He's even better than Pele."
Albert Ferrer (teammate Ronaldo Barcelona) - "I played with Romario, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Laudrup and Stoichkov but Messi is the best I've seen"
Luis Enrique (teammate Ronaldo Barcelona) - "Messi is the best player I've seen in my life."

Alan Smith (ex-Arsenal) - "I saw Maradona - shared same pitch - but Messi's extraordinary consistency elevates him just above his countryman"
Dino Zoff (ex-goalkeeper Juventus) - "I've faced Maradona, Pele and Cruyff, and I think Messi is up there with those players."
Bernat (Bayern) - "Messi is the best player in history. Everyone who understands football a little thinks the same."
Guardiola (coach Bayern) - "I didn't see Pele, but Leo is the best player ever. He's unique."
Graeme Souness - "I am more than 60 now, and I don't believe that I've seen, or that I'm likely to see, anyone better than Messi in my lifetime. Messi surpasses Pele and he's also way out ahead of Maradona - it's not even close anymore. Messi is a problem solver, a game changer, the greatest player to have played the game."
Leonardo Araujo - "It's official: Leo is better than Maradona."
David Luiz - "Messi is fantastic, he's the best player in history."

Jose Nunez - "Messi is the number one, the best player I've ever seen, better than Maradona."
Arda Turan - "Messi is out of this world, he's an alien. For me, he's the best player in the history of football."
Koldo Aguirre - "I thought I had seen the best player in the world: Di Stefano. But now I've changed: Messi is the best."
Jupp Heynckes - "Messi has swept the board at the Ballon d'Or in the last few years. He's a genius and is certainly on a par with Maradona and Pele."
Ottmar Hitzfeld - "Messi is, together with Pele, one of the best that ever lived. Breaking Muller's record was a matter of time."
Kalusha Bwalya (ZAM most capped) - "Messi is the best player in the world and for me the best in history. Best player I have seen in my life."
Patrick Kluivert - "Is Messi the best player of all time? For me, yes."
Wayne Rooney - "Messi is the best ever"
Hans Krankl (AUS best player) - "Messi is from another planet, the best player in the world and the best in history. Unbelievable, a wonder."
Romerito - "There's always the talk about the World Cup, but for me, Messi is already better than Maradona."
Arturo Vidal - "I've only seen footage here and there of Maradona, but I think Messi is better."
Oscar Garcia - "Messi is the best player I've ever seen."
Dennis Wise - "Messi's 25 but i can say he is the greatest footballer i've ever seen"

Last edited by Harmonica on Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:34 pm

izzy your a lifer?
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:42 pm

ahmad25 wrote:not everybody will rate maradona higher. there will be mixed feelings if messi ends up with 6 ballon dor and 5 CL. one great game against england is nothing compared to all these titles messi got. many stars won the world cup but maradona gets more hype than all of them because of england game

lol if i can recall, totti was NOT on vacation that season
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmad25 Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:44 pm

farfan wrote:lol at the ballon d'or argument .

not only the current version of the award is crap ,but Maradona wasn't even eligible for it during his prime .
there was no argument. i was just commenting

There is crap at everything. If go into technicalities wc 86 was crap too (i dont talk about his hand goal)

@titosantilli
Totti was there long before. They won it after batigol transfer. but i get your point
ahmad25
ahmad25
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:03 pm

Chokessi has scored 1 goal in the last 10 international matches, including world cup and copa America.
Chokessi has also assisted in 2 games out of the last 14 international competitive games dating back to 2011 CA (belgium and paraguay)
Chokessi has also scored 1 goal in his last 12 CA games.
Chokessi has 0 freaking goals in 13 knock-out games dating back to 2007  Shocked
Chokessi has a ratio of 1 goal in every 4 games in international competitions including WC and CA
Good lord. Razz
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:27 pm

Thank god there is more than scoring in football, or he wouldn't have matches already Pele in international (WC Golden Ball, CA MVP) level if there wasn't.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:29 pm

Penaltinel Missi just won a treble while being decisive in every final. This thread kinda deviates from its destination....
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:46 pm

Harmonica wrote:Thank god there is more than scoring in football, or he wouldn't have matches already Pele in international (WC Golden Ball, CA MVP) level if there wasn't.

Pele = 3 world cups, best player.
Ronaldo = 2 word cups, 2 CA, 1 confederations cup, confederations cup MVP, CA top scorer, CA MVP, WC top scorer, 2 WC MVP (deservedly) 15 WC goals, (confederations cup final hattrick included)
Maradona = 1 WC, 1 MVP (deservedly) 6 WC goals in 86 alone.
Rivaldo = 1 WC, 1 CA, 1 CA MVP, 1 confederations cup.
Romario = 1 WC, 1 MVP (deservedly), 1 confederations cup, 1 confederations cup top scorer, (confederations cup final hattrick included)
Kaka = 1 WC, 1 confederations cup,
Ronaldinho = 1 WC, 1 CA, 1 confederations cup.
Robinho = 1 CA, CA top scorer, CA MVP, 2 confederations cup.
Proud
Meanwhile...
chokessi = 1 mental toughness.
Razz
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:07 pm

linetty wrote:Penaltinel Missi just won a treble while being decisive in every final. This thread kinda deviates from its destination....

Shame he flopped in the most important final of his life. Missed a one on one with Neuer. Dat mental toughness.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:20 pm

Bankz wrote:
Harmonica wrote:Thank god there is more than scoring in football, or he wouldn't have matches already Pele in international (WC Golden Ball, CA MVP) level if there wasn't.

Pele = 3 world cups, best player.
Ronaldo = 2 word cups, 2 CA, 1 confederations cup, confederations cup MVP, CA top scorer, CA MVP, WC top scorer, 2 WC MVP (deservedly) 15 WC goals, (confederations cup final hattrick included)
Maradona = 1 WC, 1 MVP (deservedly) 6 WC goals in 86 alone.
Rivaldo = 1 WC, 1 CA, 1 CA MVP, 1 confederations cup.
Romario = 1 WC, 1 MVP (deservedly), 1 confederations cup, 1 confederations cup top scorer, (confederations cup final hattrick included)
Kaka = 1 WC, 1 confederations cup,
Ronaldinho = 1 WC, 1 CA, 1 confederations cup.
Robinho = 1 CA, CA top scorer, CA MVP, 2 confederations cup.
Proud
Meanwhile...
chokessi = 1 mental toughness.
Razz
National career highs:

Messi @28 for NT

WC14 runner-up, Golden Ball
CA15 runner-up, MVP
CA07 runner-up, Best Young Player
Olympic Gold
WCu20 champion, Golden Ball

Pele

WC70 champion, Golden Ball
WC58 champion, Silver Ball
CA59-1 runner-up, MVP

Maradona

WC86 champion, Golden Ball
WC90 runner-up, Bronze Ball
WCu20 champion, Golden Ball

Cruyff

WC74 runner-up, Golden Ball

Di Stefano

CA47 champion

National career lows:

Cruyff - Netherlands lost with and won without Cruyff in EURO76
Di Stefano - Failed to qualify with Spain to WC58 with the likes of Gento, Suarez and Kubala
Maradona - Lost 3 games out of 5 in WC82 with defending champions
Pele - WC66 got dumbed out of the group with defending champions, who even won WC62 without him
Messi - Eliminated in CA11 QF by eventual champions, created the only goal and scored the first SO-penaldo.

:bow:
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:28 pm

So Pele's career low is getting his legs broken?

And you are writing Messi with Argentina getting ROFLstomped by Germany in 2010 out of the history books too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next