Hapless_Hans
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
dostoevsky
Helmer
52 posters

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

UEFA Coefficient development for the next seasons - Page 7 Empty Re: UEFA Coefficient development for the next seasons

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:25 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Not a chance they do it this season. Not with only Juventus and Napoli actually being consistent and reliable.

Actually, the best way for the EPL to get points is for all 4 teams in the CL to downgrade to the EL, and then go into deep runs.

There is no way in hell anyone other than the Tri-Teams doing well in the CL, which makes the EL the perfect place to gather points.

For Serie A to get the spot, there needs to be a colossal *bleep*-up from the EPL.

Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

UEFA Coefficient development for the next seasons - Page 7 Empty Re: UEFA Coefficient development for the next seasons

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:27 pm

I'd like it to happen anyway, the sudden u turn in attitude in the english media and english football in general would be hilarious.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:35 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Not a chance they do it this season. Not with only Juventus and Napoli actually being consistent and reliable.

Actually, the best way for the EPL to get points is for all 4 teams in the CL to downgrade to the EL, and then go into deep runs.

There is no way in hell anyone other than the Tri-Teams doing well in the CL, which makes the EL the perfect place to gather points.

For Serie A to get the spot, there needs to be a colossal *bleep*-up from the EPL.

I think the coefficient is misunderstood.  Serie A will gain nearly 4 points without doing anything this year when the 2011/2012 season is discarded.  It doesn't need a colossal "bleep" up from the EPL at all.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:57 am

Yeah because of the system, a particularly good BPL Year which coincided with a crap Serie A year gets scrubbed.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:54 am

breva wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

I think the coefficient is misunderstood.  Serie A will gain nearly 4 points without doing anything this year when the 2011/2012 season is discarded.  It doesn't need a colossal "bleep" up from the EPL at all.

Yes. But it would need a colossal *bleep* up by PL THIS season to fall behind Italy even before 2011/12 expires.

Anyway, I think it's fair to assume that BL will have no 4th CL spot for the 2018/19 season.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:34 pm

I remember the shock of Calcio fans when Serie A lost it's fourth, it was unbelievable and took a while to fully understand what happened.

What I never expected though is to get that fourth place back from the EPL Laughing
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:44 pm

I still am not too convinced that Serie A will surpass mule league.

Maybe if Juve go far again but I have my doubts.

In the meantime, lets enjoy Serie A bundeslapping the Mule league for now (:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:47 pm

I used to feel that the top four leagues all deserved four spots.

I'm starting to feel now though that no one does apart from Spain. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:40 pm

Considering Atletico couldn't even beat Benfica, Valencia couldn't even best Zenit and Sevilla are perennial drop outs to EL i disagree.

As I said before all the leagues are shit and none of them deserve 4 spots, give them all 3 spots are spread the rest around Europe imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:42 pm

"All the league are shit" lmao

Once again, that's such an incredibly idiotic, yet funny, statement.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:45 pm

Don't see how tbh, none of them are good enough to be deserving of 4 spots.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:52 pm

Deserve what? the first three in the coefficient table deserves 4 spots. If EPL is battling with Serie A for that 4th spot means it is the worst of the three.They should be worried.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:53 pm

The difference between Atleti and Arsenal dropping points this week is that the former are still going to breeze through the groups. They've reached a final and the quarters in the past two years and should comfortably reach the knock outs again this season where no one will want to play them.

Sevilla are perennial EL drop outs? They haven't been in the CL for ages, so it's an odd claim to make, but they've won an incredibly difficult competition two years running and are currently equal on points in their group with Manchester City.

As for Valencia, they are also in a strong position to qualify, I don't see what one match against Zenit signifies, especially given that they knocked out Monaco to qualify in the first place.

It's also worth noting that even if we discount Valencia, that still leaves Spain with four teams. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:01 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Considering Atletico couldn't even beat Benfica, Valencia couldn't even best Zenit and Sevilla are perennial drop outs to EL i disagree.

As I said before all the leagues are shit and none of them deserve 4 spots, give them all 3 spots are spread the rest around Europe imo.

Atleti couldn't beat the Portuguese champions, Valencia couldn't best the Russian champions and Sevilla were dominated by the Italian champions. Terrible teams. They all deserve to be banned from the CL for life.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:11 pm

Rolling Eyes
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:16 pm

How about that Steve McClaren eh. At last a proper coach.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:17 pm

You are increasingly boring.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:19 pm

I can't stop humming "All the leagues are shit" as the opening line of "California dreaming".
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:27 pm

After yesterday's games, Serie A has surpassed the EPL using next year's calculation (throwing out 2011/2012):

Serie A is at 66.832
EPL is at 66.409
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:56 pm

I highly doubt Italy will get 4th spot this season.

Arsenal finishing 3rd in the group is more of a detriment to Italy than England, cuz they'll get admitted into Europa, even playing their B squad i feel like they'll the floor with EL teams.

Also, Chelsea will make QFs again imo while United have a decent chance if they top their group.

Even if Italy gets the 4th back, the shock in England will spur the clubs to splash next summer, increasing the chances of deep runs in european competitions.

In all likelihood, i don't see Italy keeping the 4th for a prolonged period (if they do get it)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:02 pm

3 spots for each league and spread the rest of the spots around Europe? To who?

You really want to see Valencia and Man Utd out so we can see Sion and PAOK?

How is that better?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:03 pm

Yeah the top leagues deserve more spots, undoubtedly. Doesn't matter if the 4th best team from a top league gets trounced by a top team from a similar standing league, that 4th best team is still 10x better to have than some upper mid-table Eastern European club that would be lucky to collect a point in any group.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:13 pm

I have to wonder where all the great Easter European teams are.

The CL typically had a solid cast of EE teams that always competed well. Where are:

-Red Star Belgrade.
-Steaua Bucuresti.

I think the current economic conditions and the fall of Yugoslavia means that we won't ever see a strong EE team again. With the Russia being the possible exception in the future.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:29 pm

Well Ajax, Basel, Steaua, Partizan, Celtic and some other usual winners and runner uppers of lesser leagues did all get a CL spot but they didn't make past the qualifiers.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:46 pm

UEFA won't allow something like that I.e spreading more CL slots through the rest of Europe because that would mean a drop in tv ratings.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:52 pm

It's fine as it is. Mole is just performing a common mechanism.

The PL is shit that means all leagues are shit.
The PL is losing its spot that means all leagues should lose their spots.

Smile
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next