Germany and the UEFA Coefficient - A Myth is busted!

+23
VivaStPauli
Red Alert
ioilersrock448
S
Kingofeverythingclassy
Cotes
Ion Creanga
DeviAngel
ELO
Arquitecto
aleumdance
Tomwin Lannister
Luca
Bellabong
GenBlizkin
Forza
7amood11
Onyx
Vlad the Impaler
The Messiah
free_cat
Highburied
rwo power
27 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Germany and the UEFA Coefficient - A Myth is busted! Empty Germany and the UEFA Coefficient - A Myth is busted!

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:12 am

When you hear Serie A fans, they constantly complain that Germany only got the 4th CL starting spot due to the fact that we collected tons of points in the Europe League.

Interestingly this is as false as things can get, if you look at the "Eternal EL Table":

Germany and the UEFA Coefficient - A Myth is busted! Tab-ti10
(click for larger version)

As you see, the first German clubs that show up are HSV (25th), Schalke 04 (27th) and Werder Bremen (28th), so you can't really claim that Germany was so successful in the EL and amassed the UEFA points there. Looks like quite some points must have come from the CL after all, so the CL spot is not as wrongly achieved as some people claim.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Germany and the UEFA Coefficient - A Myth is busted! Empty Re: Germany and the UEFA Coefficient - A Myth is busted!

Post by Highburied Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:15 am

Dont worry.

Bundesliga is still 4th best league in Europe.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Germany and the UEFA Coefficient - A Myth is busted! Empty Re: Germany and the UEFA Coefficient - A Myth is busted!

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:18 am

highburied wrote:Dont worry.
Bundesliga is still 4th best league in Europe.
You wrote 3rd wrong :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:33 am

My bad...

I meant third and soon to be 2nd.

Thumbs up
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:33 am

But no italian teams over them...
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:37 am

highburied wrote:My bad...

I meant third and soon to be 2nd.

Thumbs up
I hope so. It just requires that neither Hannover, BMG, Stuttgart and Leverkusen in the EL, nor Dortmund, Bayern and Schalke in the CL embarass themselves. ^^

free_cat wrote:But no italian teams over them...

Well, considering that the German teams in the EL aren't already exactly good, that is a bit more embarassing for the Italian teams then!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:55 am

If it wasn't for Bayern, would Germany have 4spot in CPL, I leave you to judge.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:08 am

Well, Bayern did collect the majority of the points, as one can easily see in the UEFA 5 Year Club Ranking where they are currently on the 2nd place just behind Barcelona.

But this doesn't mean that Bayern don't have the capability to embarass themselves. Need I say CL 2010/11 where they needlessly crashed out against Inter in the Last 16?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:13 am

rwo power wrote:Well, Bayern did collect the majority of the points, as one can easily see in the UEFA 5 Year Club Ranking where they are currently on the 2nd place just behind Barcelona.

But this doesn't mean that Bayern don't have the capability to embarass themselves. Need I say CL 2010/11 where they needlessly crashed out against Inter in the Last 16?

First of all we were in crisis as every body in the club were in bad terms with the manager(who was already sacked)

secondly crashing out to the current champions wasn't really embarrassment, it's not like we crashed out to Basel or some club like that(and yes Schalke did very well to kick Inter out, it wasn't expected)
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:16 am

Italian teams didn't really care about EL.No myth busted.Maybe now they will be more careful in EL too.

BTW, in my opinion, first 6 teams in Italy are better than first 6 from Germany (except Bayern Munich).AC Milan, even if they are weaker than last season...would kill Dortmund in UCL Shocked .

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:20 am

vlafy wrote:Italian teams didn't really care about EL.Maybe now they will be more careful in EL too.

BTW, in my opinion, first 6 teams in Italy are better than first 6 from Germany (except Bayern Munich).AC Milan, even if they are weaker than last season...would kill Dortmund in UCL Shocked .

:facepalm:

Schalke 04 would destroy this current AC Milan, even Leverkusen will bring them down.

Bayern and Dortmund are better than Juventus, I think maybe only Juventus is better than Schalke 04 otherwise the first 3 teams in Bundesliga will easily smash Seria A
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:26 am

The Messiah wrote: :facepalm:

Schalke 04 would destroy this current AC Milan, even Leverkusen will bring them down.

Bayern and Dortmund are better than Juventus, I think maybe only Juventus is better than Schalke 04 otherwise the first 3 teams in Bundesliga will easily smash Seria A

I wish BL teams good luck in European competitions!Schalke should win UCL this year if they can destroy AC Milan Smile.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:33 am

vlafy wrote:I wish BL teams good luck in European competitions! Schalke should win UCL this year if they can destroy AC Milan Smile.
Well, I will certainly wish Schalke luck to go as far in the CL as possible. I'd really love to see them win it, I have to admit. (And with Huub Stevens they currently have their "Century Coach" again, who brought them to UEFA Cup glory in 1997.)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:12 am

How is ranked?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:23 am

Here's the ranking of 2012: http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa//data/method4/crank2012.html

And this is the ranking that already takes in count this season's results: http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa//data/method4/crank2013.html
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:33 am

Serie A top 4 teams > Bundesliga. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:41 am

Serie A 3rd team could meet Bundesliga 4th team in the EL, so maybe we will have a direct comparison then. :coffee:

(BTW, looks like all Serie A teams cowardly avoided the BL teams in the CL and EL group stages Razz)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:48 am

BM?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:07 pm

rwo power wrote:Serie A 3rd team could meet Bundesliga 4th team in the EL, so maybe we will have a direct comparison then. :coffee:

(BTW, looks like all Serie A teams cowardly avoided the BL teams in the CL and EL group stages Razz)

Maybe it's the other way around hmm

@ The Messiah. On what basis is Dortmund better than Juventus? They've been dismal in the CL so far too you know.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:12 pm

But really, I think it is funny that with 3 German + 2 Italian teams in the CL and 4 teams each in the EL, there is actually no German-Italian meeting in the group stage!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:15 pm

Since 2000/01, the last German CL win, Serie A teams have won the CL 3 times. Yet, in that same space of time, the Buli has overtaken Serie A in the rankings.

:coffee:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:17 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Since 2000/01, the last German CL win, Serie A teams have won the CL 3 times. Yet, in that same space of time, the Buli has overtaken Serie A in the rankings.
And this just means that in the width, the BL is stronger than Serie A as we don't need to win to collect sufficient points to overtake Serie A.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GenBlizkin Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:31 pm

The Messiah wrote:
vlafy wrote:Italian teams didn't really care about EL.Maybe now they will be more careful in EL too.

:facepalm:

Please take your hand off it, off it, please tell me, how many losses did Juventus have for the entire 2011/12 season please
GenBlizkin
GenBlizkin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:04 pm

wasn't it Schalke that beat an Inter that defeated Bayern
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:17 pm

Phritz wrote:wasn't it Schalke that beat an Inter that defeated Bayern

No, that team, following Mourinho's departure, was a completely different side
But clutch more straws why don't you

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next