TheRedStag
stevieg8
nj
Fahim89
:{Mr.Mustachio!
22 posters

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:26 am

Art... Art... Art...

You need to read your urban dictionary. Afro

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:44 am

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/08/03/kenny-dalglish-leaves-door-open-for-alberto-aquilani-to-remain-at-liverpool-fc-this-season-100252-29167160/#ixzz1TxF3w3X1

LIVERPOOL boss Kenny Dalglish has left the door open for Alberto Aquilani to remain at Anfield this season.

“Alberto is a very good footballer full stop, irrespective of where he is playing,” Dalglish said.

“If he's here for the start of the season that wouldn't be a problem.”

Not really a ringing endorsement from Kenny isn't it? I would be very surprised if he is still here come Sep 1.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:55 pm

Disagree on the fact that Cissokho is better then Enrique as his offensive skills are impressive but is poor in defense as Enrique is a better all round technical player.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:43 pm

Saying he's a very good player isn't a good endorsement? News to me...
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:53 pm

RedOranje wrote:Saying he's a very good player isn't a good endorsement? News to me...

Good point but....

“If he's here for the start of the season that wouldn't be a problem.”

He would not say that for Gerrard, Raul, or Downing would he?

These players are already in his plans as Kenny, like many of the best coaches does not take what he can get, but goes according to who's qualities fit his system and his plans.

Kenny giving the idea to the press that he is not to much aware of Aquilani's future doesn't exactly instill such confidence that Alberto is a default part of his plan. It seems more like: " If he is here, great, if not, oh well we have others."

Whereas for someone like Adam and Downing who were bought for a reason are in fact on the playbook of Kenny judging by his statements on them.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:16 am

Downing was just signed, poor example.
Gerrard is a club legend and captain, really poor example.

We were apparently looking to sell Meireles earlier in the summer. I would expect a similar statement about Raul were he in Aquilani's position currently.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:24 am

RedOranje wrote:Downing was just signed, poor example.
Gerrard is a club legend and captain, really poor example.

We were apparently looking to sell Meireles earlier in the summer. I would expect a similar statement about Raul were he in Aquilani's position currently.

I'll re-explain.

The best teams in the world are with managers who don't just create makeshift formations and systems just so they can all include their best and star players all into one formation and set-up as the ones that do, find little balance in their team play and end up failing.

Pep's Barca: A team which plays a very fine-tuned tiki taka system with origination of Total Football. Pep chooses his transfers based on not who is the best possible player he can purchase, but the one that is most suited to the specified role that he is looking for. Zlatan Ibrahimovic for all his WC abilities and great performances at Barca, became out of favor from Pep for Bojan simply because Pep realized he is hindering the fluidity and effectiveness of the system as he simply isn't suited for the job. Sanchez, Affelay, and Adriano were all bought for the reason that Pep personally believes they are all suited perfectly to the roles that will be given to them by him in order to improve upon the already revolutionary system. Pep would hypothetically pick CR7 in an affordable price simply because he is not suited to the system. Pep's vision in this is similar to Wenger's who also requires a more specific player.

Kaka, many question his future and treatment by Mou. Kaka is another player with WC abilities yet is simply not in the plans of Mou because Mou has a different idea of what he wants from each player in their own requisites as he is out of Mou's plans simply because Mou's personal hypothesis is that other players will better individually fit into the system that he has created in order for optimum effectiveness.

Ronaldinho for Allegri of AC Milan was not only shipped off for his disciplinary reasons but also because Allegri had a plan and vision in mind of his own system and philosophy and Ronaldinho, who still could offer much, simply was not in it. Allegri shipped of Pirlo who still could pull of WC performances but he does not require a playmaker but a left sided box to box midfielder with more physical qualities.

Many other examples Red (SAF, Wenger) but I'm guessing you've got my point

But see where I am going here? Basically on the vision that these managers have regardless of their resources as their personal vision and tactics come before who they have as that is why they demand to their superiors on the players they do require to fit the system.

Dalglish, another top manager who has been doing it all before the 3 mentioned above. We know that Dalglish already came in his 2nd tenure with Liverpool with a certain vision in mind as before his formation, tactic and set-up, he had his perception on how he wants his team to play. We know it as Kenny's dynamic pass and move system with the vintage grit of Liverpool of old. He came in with a plan.

Now you say Gerrard is a poor example. Stevie for all his importance to the squad in terms of leadership, presence and skill is part of Kenny plans ALSO for the reason that he has the pre-requisites that fit Kenny's vision, plan and set up. Throughout the season he will have to continue to merit his position as he is not in there just by his legend status and power in the club.

Downing and Adam were signed for the same reason. They both fit Kenny's plans in terms of the roles he needs filled by these players.

Carroll for the same reason as Kenny needed an old fashioned gritty and true 9.

Meireles rumours? Those were false to begin with as he has been mentioned by Kenny to be in his plans for good.

Now we have all seen predicted that Aquilani with his sheer talent and technical skill, would be tailor-fit into Kenny's dynamic pass and move and so far he has blossomed. But Kenny would know better wouldn't he? Yes he would.

But maybe Aquilani has some characteristics that Kenny does not think fits into the system. It could be his injuries, his mentality, his frailty.

Aquilani may be one of our most technical players yet it is based on Kenny vision whether he is a surplus or not. Which is where my argument comes to his position in Liverpool in which Dalglish does not seem as intent on keeping him as he is with the other players who clearly ARE in fact part of his plans by Kenny's own hand.

He complimented Alberto, but does that really mean Kenny NEEDS him?

I am not saying I know everything what Dalglish is thinking but I do know he has conviction in what he wants and doesn't as there is a clear and distinct idea with him.

Kenny's open ended remark on Aquilani does not really leave me sure of if he will stay or not, thats mostly what I am saying.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:31 am

We've spent years listening to how Rafa was too tactically strict and all summer listening to how having options in the squad allows for options in terms of formations and how that will lead us to the promised land... and now you're saying that Aquilani can't be a good option?

Further, that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the original point of the conversation, which was how Kenny saying that Aquilani is a good footballer is not a positive endorsement.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:39 am

RedOranje wrote:We've spent years listening to how Rafa was too tactically strict and all summer listening to how having options in the squad allows for options in terms of formations and how that will lead us to the promised land... and now you're saying that Aquilani can't be a good option?

Further, that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the original point of the conversation, which was how Kenny saying that Aquilani is a good footballer is not a positive endorsement.

The difference was Rafa focused much to much on micro managing and never had a clear system he wanted implemented whereas Kenny has a more macro perspective and vision in the form of pass and play. Rafa simply adapted and improvised based on tactical logic but Kenny seems to only slightly adjust his system based on some dynamics of the opponents and other minor factors.

Rafa seemed to play FM whereas Kenny knows exactly what he wants and wasn't always micro managing.

And calling Aquilani a good footballer does not mean he necessarily needs him in the system as Ancelotti said the same about Gourcuff but shipped him off for the reason that he did not need him as he was deemed surplus.

When did I say Aquilani is not a good option?

"Now we have all seen predicted that Aquilani with his sheer talent and technical skill, would be tailor-fit into Kenny's dynamic pass and move and so far he has blossomed. But Kenny would know better wouldn't he? Yes he would."

This paragraph of mine clearly indicates on how the forum (including me) want Aquilani in the team because we feel he would be perfect to the pass and move. But I'm saying is that Kenny himself would know more and better on what would work and what would not. Wouldn't he?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:23 am

To address the original point of the conversation, all I think arquitecto was saying was that "if he's here, ok, and if not, ok" isn't a ringing endorsement, regardless of whether or not it was preceded by "he's very good." red, did you honestly read kenny's quote and think "oh, he wants him in the squad"?
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:27 am

Mhm, just a hint of indifference in Kenny's quote.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:31 am

RedOranje wrote:Saying he's a very good player isn't a good endorsement? News to me...

A ringing endorsement would be "Aquilani not for sale" not saying wouldn't be a problem if he stays.

As for Meireles rumors everything stopped when Meireles commented there is nothing in those rumors and he is staying just like the Reina rumors before the season.Aquilani case is different though.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:00 am

An endorsement is not a statement implying that he's staying at the club... an endorsement is a statement of approval. One can approve of a player without making a concrete statement on whether said player will be playing at one place or another.

Further, considering just how badly we seem to need to be rid of our "dead wood" this summer, that Kenny is apparently less than upset with the idea of keeping Aquilani seems a rather positive remark, rather than how you are taking it.

Finally, re: Rafa not having a "macro" plan for the team/club... what about the fact that he rebuilt the academy, brought in coaches and other club officials at all levels with an eye on consistency in technique, formation, and general style throughout development (similar to Barca's style and an approach we are continuing with under Kenny)? Those seem to be fairly "big picture" and long term plans to me.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:34 am

Now seeing some rumors up in Twitter regarding we making a bid for Gary Cahill?? Did anyone of you see read anything solid regarding this? Twitter suggests this is from the Mirror! ! Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:55 am

Queens Park Rangers offer Liverpool's Joe Cole a lifeline

• Premier League newcomers want Cole on season's loan deal
• Liverpool keen to get midfielder's contract off wage bill

Andy Hunter
guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 3 August 2011 20.37 BST

Queens Park Rangers have offered Joe Cole the chance to revive his Premier League career on a season-long loan from Liverpool.

The 29-year-old former Chelsea midfielder has endured a difficult time at Anfield, where he made only nine Premier League starts last season and barely featured after Kenny Dalglish replaced Roy Hodgson as manager in January. Liverpool are keen to get his £90,000-a-week contract off their wage bill.

West Ham United are also interested in their former player, who is believed to have put his Merseyside home up for sale. But the prospect of remaining in the top flight may sway Cole towards QPR, providing they meet Liverpool's financial requirements.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/03/joe-cole-liverpool-qpr-loan?CMP=twt_gu
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:57 am

Fahim89 wrote:Now seeing some rumors up in Twitter regarding we making a bid for Gary Cahill?? Did anyone of you see read anything solid regarding this? Twitter suggests this is from the Mirror! ! Razz

Actually its from Mail.Personally dont think we will move for a CB until Enrique deal is tied up IMO.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:47 am

1. Guardian reporting, well, that gives me a little hope that Cole might actually be going somewhere!

2. Was that Enrique-for-£10m only a passing rumour or just taking a few days to materialize?

3. Call me stupid, but somehow I don't fancy us buying a CB in this window.

4. Thumbs up for Arquitecto and Red-O for some fine, civilized debate up there.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:12 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14333762.stm

Hull City manager Nigel Pearson has confirmed they have made a bid for Liverpool defender Daniel Ayala, reports BBC Radio Humberside.

Ayala, 20, made 12 appearances for the Championship side during a loan period last season.

The Tigers were previously linked with a loan move for the Spaniard after Paul McShane was ruled out for several weeks with a calf injury.

Pearson said: "We've enquired after the player, we've put a bid in."

He added: "Whether that develops before the weekend I don't know.

"We'll try and do it as we always do it, in a quiet way, but for sure that's where we're at."

The Seville-born centre-back has made five first-team appearances for Liverpool, and also had a loan spell at Derby last season.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:29 am

Art Morte wrote:1. Guardian reporting, well, that gives me a little hope that Cole might actually be going somewhere!

2. Was that Enrique-for-£10m only a passing rumour or just taking a few days to materialize?

3. Call me stupid, but somehow I don't fancy us buying a CB in this window.

4. Thumbs up for Arquitecto and Red-O for some fine, civilized debate up there.

My belief is that we will sign a CB before the end of window but necessarily before the start of season.I mean we tried to sign Jones so its clear Kenny wanted a CB so my gut feel is we will sign a CB and an attacking player before the end of window apart from Enrique.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:01 am

I hope the Cole talks materialize to something. I also hope we get rid of some of the other players who are not needed.

Good news about Ayala. Glad there are clubs looking for his services. With Soto and Wilson available along with Carra, Skrtel and Agger, we have enough depth at the moment to send him out.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:25 am

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:59 am

watched that interview last night on the website, was good.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:31 am

RedOranje wrote:An endorsement is not a statement implying that he's staying at the club... an endorsement is a statement of approval. One can approve of a player without making a concrete statement on whether said player will be playing at one place or another.

Further, considering just how badly we seem to need to be rid of our "dead wood" this summer, that Kenny is apparently less than upset with the idea of keeping Aquilani seems a rather positive remark, rather than how you are taking it.

Finally, re: Rafa not having a "macro" plan for the team/club... what about the fact that he rebuilt the academy, brought in coaches and other club officials at all levels with an eye on consistency in technique, formation, and general style throughout development (similar to Barca's style and an approach we are continuing with under Kenny)? Those seem to be fairly "big picture" and long term plans to me.

Your misunderstanding.

When I spoke about Rafa, I made points on his "plan" in terms of his tactics and strategy for the team in terms of the matchs and not the other areas in terms of youth development and academy.

Rafa in my opinion was a near flawless manager and tactically he is superior to mourinho. His downfall came from the fact that he had much to much of an introspective manner in which he focused sometimes a little bit to much on the "micro", smaller and less important details in his tactics when he should have focused on more "macro" areas of the general team plan for the matchs. Signs of this was also from his quiet and inward manner into his playbook while some of the players yearned for his communication with them. That was where his criticism came in terms of losses and he forgot some glaring issues. But none the less every manager had his flaws whereas I have been (and continue to) be one of Rafa's biggest supporters. Yet, Kenny compared to Rafa, has a more clear idea and pre-planned system in what he wants to play whereas Rafa (who did have a designated system) was based more on adapting based on the oppositions play rather then continuously playing a certain system. Both different styles of management, but just pointing it out.

I don't understand why you are looking at my perspective on Kenny's words on Aquilani in such black and white.

I am simply stating upon the fact that I would have thought he would have a more "firm" statement on him and his future in Kenny's plans with more conviction. That is all.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:20 pm

But Kenny doesn't have a more defined system, does he? It's already been made fairly clear that he's using different set ups and formations depending on the opposition, while Rafa used roughly the same formation (4-2-3-1) with changes to roles depending on the opposition.

Dalglish said: "We have been delighted with him [Aquilani] in pre-season and we are delighted to have him as part of the squad."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14393060.stm
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:03 pm

Kenny on Aqualini: the way I see it, this is what is implied:

1. Aqualini certainly has the talent to have a role in the current squad.

2. Kenny has his alternative if Aqualini isn't here when season starts.

Yes Kenny is tentative on Aqualini. It's because when he set his plan in motion (six months ago), Aqualini was destained to stay in Italy. Add to that, Aqualini wants to stay in Italy and all these made Kenny plan without him.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:47 pm

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-24862199.html

Jeo cole house sold apparently was newly build last year.Maybe move on the cards soon? hope so.

paddyhoey paddyhoey
by JimBoardman
@robbohuyton Joe Cole's house sold http://bit.ly/qzjipJ
5 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next