titosantill
Doc
The Demon of Carthage
Valkyrja
terrance511
halamadrid2
10 posters

Go down

Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid

Post by Pedram Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:54 pm

Damn those last few minutes were pretty scary, i thought we were going to concede.

Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid

Post by sportsczy Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:57 pm

I think Benz expected players to rush to him in open space as opposed to stick to CR. He doesn't play with a scorer's mentality when both CR and Bale are on the pitch... and it's by design unfortunately.

Carlo has to ask him to go into scoring mode like he was when Bale was out EVEN WHEN Bale is in. When you ask him to play predominantly a playmaker role, he's too unselfish. He's still unselfish when asked to be a scorer so you might as well push him to have that mentality.

I hate to belabor the point... but Bale coming back has really messed up how we play and the form of our players. Roles aren't well defined and we're lopsided to boot.

Ramos was horrible and Iker almost bottled it. Other than that, everyone other than Bale was ok to good imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Ramos, as usual, gave me cancer. And Bale has once again showed every Madrid fan he can be on the pitch for 90 minutes and you'll not notice him.

Bale's crap form has been so commonplace that it is honestly boring seeing him play dog shit and look forward to when he sinks lower and/or actually has a decent game. Not good or great, decent.

My lack of faith remains pretty much lacking but we did considerably well from the last visit at the Calderon.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:18 pm

no marcelo against team like athetico gonna be very hard for us on 2nd leg. that's really bad.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:52 am

Didn't think Marcelo was adventurous in the first half and thats when we had our best period. I think we can manage for one game without him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by TheVoiceOfTheVoiceless Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:45 pm

This game was a great advert for la liga especially with no BPL teams in the CL.

We really should've scored in the first half. I hope we don't regret it. As for the Bale chance, that was stopped by a great block. I'm more disappointed with Benz. I genuinely hope/think he didn't know how much space he had, but most of our team almost instinctively think :'give it to Ronaldo' & I hope that didn't play a part in this.

There's no way we'll keep a clean sheet in the second leg.
2-1 to us.
TheVoiceOfTheVoiceless
TheVoiceOfTheVoiceless
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:17 pm

We had 3 clear cut chances against Atletico.. that is as far as we were going to create against them.  

Bale shot is just how a GK will expect him to shoot. Plain bad finishing and great goalkeeping combined.

Benzema was a freaking joke. Both were massive chances and even a 12 year old could read his moves before 5 seconds. What the hell was that ? Benzema's record against Atletico is steeping into new levels.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:20 pm

I really don't know how to feel about this huge problem we have in hand. So much problems that we could easily get rid of had we a less stubborn manager:

1. Bale is a liability and as long as he's fit, he'll play.

2. Marcelo will miss the second leg.

3. Varane will likely be benched for the return leg, which is a crime against humanity after his world-class performance last night.

4. Unless we make sure to not miss the few clear-cut chances we're going to get against Atlético, which is impossible if you have someone like Bale in your team, the 4-3-3 won't work.

So to sum everything up: We're trying to qualify to the semi-finals with a visibly unconvincing 4-3-3 formation with a huge liability in Bale, without Marcelo, and possibly without Varane too.

We could field our 4-4-2 formation and put this game to sleep in the first half, but noooo..

The tie is still 50 -50, but my god! We're helping Atlético qualify so much without even trying.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down