BarrileteCosmico
Bellabong
Jonathan28
LeVersacci
RealGunner
40 posters

Page 25 of 43 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34 ... 43  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 25 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by El Gunner Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:57 pm

So I know we've all been raving on about Hardhome, but something else in the episode that caught my eye.

Ramsay: "I don't need an army. I need 20 good men."

So he's going to meet the mannis halfway. hmm

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 25 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:58 pm

Guerrilla warfare
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:01 pm

Half expected Ramsay to turn to the camera and wink when he said "it's gonna be a feast for crows"

Best part of the episode
https://i.imgur.com/BUf5RLf.gif
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:03 pm

Yea, loved that AFFC line as well.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:05 pm

I like Ramsay so much man. Just the way he talks. And how he emphasizes some things with that psycho tone.

no homo
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:08 pm

Creepy girl from the pilot returned
https://i.imgur.com/nmHc3A0.jpg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:08 pm

Noticed her when I was watching the episode.

What about that first White Walker we saw that looked like Legolas hmm
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:12 pm

Didn't Sam kill that Legolas look alike. That's why they call him the slayer.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:13 pm

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 25 C546564ba4f398c54856a0c5a447d114

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 25 WhiteWalker-HBO

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:19 pm

Ah yeah it's probably him after seeing this picture

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 25 Whitewalker1
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:28 pm

Legolas lookalike rofl
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:32 pm

How can you compare this beauty
GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 25 Elf-legolas-lotr-smile-Favim.com-1735569
to that
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:35 pm

amazing episode. The last 15 mins were breathtaking.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:37 pm

Also, The Walking Dead, take notes. That is how you create a tense, ardenalin, terrifying action packed scene between the undead and the living.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:42 pm

In TWD humans have the upper hand over walkers unless they get overrun.

This wasn't even a battle tbh. It was a massacre. No chance to fight these. I think it was the inevitability of death that shocked all of us to our bones. It seemed futile to live for that last 20 minutes.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:53 pm

FFS

What an episode that was!

This episode was quintessential GOT at it's absolute finest. For me, that was better than Castle Black and Blackwater easily. The epicness of that final 20 minutes is going to be hard to forget and sure as hell hard to top.

Good thing I watched in daylight because that would've scared the shit out of me at night. Haunting, terrifying stuff from the Night's King and his army. There were shades of the Walking Dead and even World War Z (the speed, ferociousness, and mindless running off of clifs of the wights) in that battle scene.

I just knew Longclaw would finally do something super GOAT and this is it! Valyrian steel >>> Dragon glass ffs. One takes what one can get though since there's a lot more of one than the other.

I think this episode was the pinnacle of this season. Not sure it can be topped in terms of large scale epicness.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:59 pm

Episode 9 is usually the epic episode each season. But I can't for the life of me see them topping that this season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:59 pm

I thought Blackwater >>> this episode. Scenes like Cersei being ready to kill her children to spare them a violent death or Tyrion rousing the troops or the wildfire exploding still stay with me. But this one has a good case for 2nd best.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:16 pm

Think Blackwater edges it by a slight margin. Both are easily top 3 though

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:42 pm

Holy shit, what an episode! I'm so glad to have been wrong about Jon's side quest. It was one of the best sequences of the entire series! :bow: :bow: :bow:

I get why Jon has to be the one fighting the white walkers because if it was anyone less likable then everyone would be on team white walkers. How bad ass was their general?!? :bow:

Also, Tyrion instantly making Dany's scenes 1000x better. :bow:
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Via reddit

imdb rating for every episode since Season 1. As Vers posted before, this episode got the highest rating by far with a 9.9.

https://i.imgur.com/M4gPs7j.png

-------

Also, so glad Wun wun is coming to the wall.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:21 pm

I CAN'T BREATHE! FFS THIS IS ARGUABLY THE BEST EVER GOT EPISODE!
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:19 am

So now for the last 2 eps, surely we will be disappointed, if the writers can even make the last two remotely any good as compared to that for me the season has been worth it.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:19 am

That graph that RG posted just goes to show again what I think urban has mentioned is that last season was so good that all of us was spoilt and the the drop of pace this season hasn't been to some viewers' liking and in turn led to somewhat (maybe not totally unjustified) hate for this season. Has you can see S5 is pretty much on par with the first 3 seasons. And who knows what these last 2 episodes have for us. In fact, if they are great this season overall can contest season 4 itself.

Then of course those are just imdb ratings and I know how some of you don't take it seriously, but I think that's a pretty fair representation of ratings across the show so far.

Oh and imo, it maybe because it is the freshest in my mind, it might be that you know, but I think Hardhome is my favourite episode so far. That whole Hardhome sequence was magnificent, even Tormund rekting Lord of Bones and the meeting in the hut. And even the other events before HH was well done, in comparison to an episode like The Mountain and the Viper where some things before Jaime and Tyrion's conversation and the epic showdown felt a bit filler-ish.

I think Hardhome is easily better than Blackwater and Watchers of the Wall. I would also put them in that order.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:32 am

I dont think the 1st 6 episodes of season 5 are correctly rated on those ratings. They are marginally overrated. No way they are on par with even those normal episodes from season 1 through 3.

But one thing is true. If the next 2 episodes can fetch a 9, which I believe they will, assuming the events that lie ahead, this season can match up with the rest of them in terms of overall quality.

Btw Smile My favorite episode of GOT is the one rated 9.7. The famous RW. For me, nothing can match its sheer.. power. Perhaps I dont even remember the other events that took place in that episode right now but just like here, those final 20 or so minutes, :bow: i wont ever forget those. THAT was the Finest moment of TV for me personally.
This one and the watchers of the wall are my 2nd fav. Yea this is better than watchers.
May be I need to watch the other great episodes once again. My ratings of them could go up for sure if so. Smile

What a TV show man. What a TV show ! Molenation

Last edited by Glory on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:48 am; edited 3 times in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:36 am

I have to disagree that the WW look unbeatable. A single dragon can kill them all. How can they avoid being burned to death from a flying creature? We know the Whigs are vulnerable to fire, and everything points out WW are vulnerable to dragon fire (dragon glass, valyrian steel was probably made using dragon fire and thus is called dragon steel... ), so a single dragon, let alone 3, will fry them. That will surely be the end of them, and it will be quite anticlimactic unless GGRM and the show manages to build up great suspense onto the WW demise, as I'm surely they'll be able to do.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 43 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34 ... 43  Next