BarrileteCosmico
Bellabong
Jonathan28
LeVersacci
RealGunner
40 posters

Page 26 of 43 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 34 ... 43  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 26 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by free_cat Tue 2 Jun - 11:36:50

I have to disagree that the WW look unbeatable. A single dragon can kill them all. How can they avoid being burned to death from a flying creature? We know the Whigs are vulnerable to fire, and everything points out WW are vulnerable to dragon fire (dragon glass, valyrian steel was probably made using dragon fire and thus is called dragon steel... ), so a single dragon, let alone 3, will fry them. That will surely be the end of them, and it will be quite anticlimactic unless GGRM and the show manages to build up great suspense onto the WW demise, as I'm surely they'll be able to do.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 26 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Glory Tue 2 Jun - 11:46:19

I agree ^.

Unless Walkers raise their own mythical creatures that can occupy skies, dragons hold the clear upper hand. Even 3 dragons for that matter.

Let's see how they are intending to bring about a balance.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue 2 Jun - 12:02:49

Well, if they can raise dead humans, who's to say they can't raise dead dragons? ^^
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue 2 Jun - 12:32:12

So..Valyrian Steel and Dragonglass both have distinct properties, i don't think Dragonglass is used in forging the steel. However, i believe (judging by the name) that the origin of Dragonglass is key to this, its very possible that Dragon fire caused Dragonglass, its also very possible that its used in forging Valyrian steel. Think of it, the art of forging has been lost for a long time. Dragons, have been out of the picture (up until Dany got 3) for a long time. Coincidence? hmm

This theory leads me to theorize more, Sam said a couple of episodes back that the Children of the Forest hunt with Dragon Glass. Its possible that areas that have Dragonglass used to have dragons. Hence, why i said its possible that the WW can have undead dragons. They alread have undead horses hmm.

This is pure speculation btw
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue 2 Jun - 14:13:21

Again RIGHT NOW, it's 3 uncontrollable dragons, which equates to 0 right now.

We really don't know the full strength of the WW, whats a dragon going to do burn an army to death, who says a WW cant just bring them back, the WW could have an army that never dies, again all speculation, as i really don't know the power of the WW.

Untill Danny can control her dragons, and lets be honest we know she will, it's just written in the stars, then its game on, but untill then, WW look GOAT.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue 2 Jun - 15:17:16

mr-r34 wrote:Again RIGHT NOW, it's 3 uncontrollable dragons, which equates to 0 right now.

We really don't know the full strength of the WW, whats a dragon going to do burn an army to death, who says a WW cant just bring them back, the WW could have an army that never dies, again all speculation, as i really don't know the power of the WW.

Untill Danny can control her dragons, and lets be honest we know she will, it's just written in the stars, then its game on, but untill then, WW look GOAT.

They can't bring back a burned corpse or whig. Whigs have been disposed by fire before in the show.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 2 Jun - 16:12:57

If we consider the humans at full strength... so everyone allied, 3 dragons, R'hllor's magic, lots of arrows made of dragonglass, all the Houses with Valyrian Steel swords accepting to hand over their swords and more, we also have to consider "Ice Dragons", "Ice Spiders big as hounds" and other magical powers the White Walkers could have.

There's also the 3rd faction, the Children of the Forest who have their own magical powers, we assume they are with the humans because they once allied against the White Walkers but how do we know things haven't changed?

Right now, the 3 dragons are uncontrollable, the R'hllorists are divided (Melisandre thinks Stannis is the saviour, the Red Priestess in Volantis thinks it's Dany), not even the members of the Night's Watch are together in this let alone everyone else... so if the White Walkers were able to pass the Wall they would anhiliate the humans right now but they can't so long as the wall stands.

But things can change, dragons can die, powers can be lost, other powers can be acquired so we can't really now what the outcome will be.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue 2 Jun - 17:32:24

hmm
But Naa, that would be a concept contradictory to all what we have seen so far. How the hell WW are going to come in contact with a whole dragon if a bare touch of some dragon material can shatter them to pieces.
And if that so called Ice dragon  can indeed be raised from dead dragons and if they do undergo a dramatic shift in their features (in order to make them non vulnerable to WW i mean), and in the process spit some ice stuff instead of fire, still I think they wont stand a chance against a normal fire breathing dragon as even then fire will hold the upper hand against ice .

Spoiler:

But yea totally agree, its all too early to say/predict about all those things which are right now only inside George RR martin's head. We are simply wasting our time. Laughing

Spoiler:

Let us see how the dragons and the supposed dragon riders arcs go from here next season.

Yea children of the forest is a very interesting territory. Unchartered relatively.
I remember them to be also using fire (last time we saw them). So unless its their only weapon, we can assume they too are a force against WW.
And then there's Bran of course !! bounce

Last edited by Glory on Tue 2 Jun - 20:10:06; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue 2 Jun - 19:11:46

Always said Bran is my main man/boy. Bran going to save Westeros Proud
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 2 Jun - 20:11:08

So no one is talking about how Tormund just went up and killed the Lord of Bones rofl

Zero fcks given rofl Love Tormund
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue 2 Jun - 20:15:16

Thought the giant said 'Dortmund' till I found out that the ginger's name is Tormund Laughing
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue 2 Jun - 20:22:28

El Gunner wrote:Always said Bran is my main man/boy. Bran going to save Westeros Proud

Yea the way GoT began as a matter of fact, and the way his journey has been ever since, I too have firmly believed he is going to be the main deal.

But his absence from an entire season has left kind of a bad taste in the mouth tbf for those rooting for him (including me). Now I know the reasons for his absence.
But right now its Jon Snow who is head and shoulders above every one else.

Hope by next season all these unwanted trash side stuff will get totally out of the picture and hope we will get only the characters that really matter for the finale.

Really Hope Drogon will somehow wander off to Dorne and burn that entire the city down for its sheer lameness and we wont have to ever see those shites again. Rolling Eyes

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 2 Jun - 20:23:52

There is a big reason why Bran met up with bloodraven so deep into the north. He is very much a main character despite people not liking him.

Eventhough Jon is the main man, there are others who are obviously going to support him with the likes of Daenerys, Bran and as Urban mentioned COTF.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue 2 Jun - 20:30:17

I think he is liked more than Dany generally. :coffee:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 2 Jun - 20:30:42

People don't like this arc for some reason.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue 2 Jun - 20:35:12

Wonder why !?

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue 2 Jun - 20:35:41

I think it's because it took him so long to get to the cave and not too much happened on the way imo.
Plus I read from many people that they actually don't really like the fantasy part and watch it because of the got hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 2 Jun - 20:37:27

Coldhands made his arc great on the book.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue 2 Jun - 20:54:38

Couple of significant points, lost in the overwhelming awesomeness of this episode:

* Sansa knows about Bran and Rickon not being killed by Theon.
* Jorah the pit-fighter willing to be owned forever.

Tyrion was worth even more than the gold he'd shit as a Lannister. Thoroughly enjoyed his counsel. Amazing stuff.

I also expect some significant incidents in Arya's arc in the coming episodes.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 2 Jun - 21:21:51

mr-r34 wrote:So now for the last 2 eps, surely we will be disappointed, if the writers can even make the last two remotely any good as compared to that for me the season has been worth it.

Breh

I am just going to quote this after the finale lol.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 2 Jun - 23:22:46

Thought I'd share this lore. From season 1 I think.

Oh my sweet summer child … What do you know of fear? Fear is for the winter, my little lord, when the snows fall a hundred feet deep and the ice wind comes howling out of the north, when the sun hides it face for years at a time, and little children are born and live and die all in darkness while the direwolves grow gaunt and hungry, and the white walkers move through the woods.

The Others … Thousands and thousands of years ago, a winter fell that was cold and hard and endless beyond all memory of man. There came a night that lasted a generation, and kings shivered and died in their castles even as the swineherds in their hovels. Women smothered their children rather than see them starve, and cried, and felt their tears freeze on their cheeks.

In that darkness, the Others came for the first time … They were cold things, dead things, that hated iron and fire and the touch of the sun, and every creature with hot blood in its veins. They swept over holdfasts and cities and kingdoms, felled heroes and armies by the score, riding pale dead horses, and leading hosts of the slain. All the swords of men could not stay their advance, and even maidens and suckling babes, found no pity in them. They hunted the maids through the frozen forests, and fed their dead servants on the flesh of human children.

Now these were the days before the Andals came, and long before the women fled across the narrow sea from the cities of the Rhoyne, and the hundred kingdoms of those times were the kingdoms of the First Men, who had taken those lands from the children of the forest. Yet here and there in the fastness of the woods, the children still lived in their wooden cities and hollow hills, and the faces in the trees kept watch. So as cold and death filled the earth, the last hero determined to seek out the children, in the hopes that their ancient magics could win back what the armies of men had lost. He set out into the dead lands with a sword, a horse, a dog and a dozen companions. For years he searched until he despaired of ever finding the children of the forest in their secret cities. One by one his friends died, and his horse, and finally even his dog, and his sword froze so hard the blade snapped when he tried to use it. And the Others smelled the hot blood in him and came silent on his trail, stalking him with packs of pale white spiders big as hounds - Old Nan to Bran
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 2 Jun - 23:31:29

Also some background on the Night's King (the White Walker dude who raises the dead)

According to legend, the Night’s King lived during the Age of Heroes, not long after the Wall was complete. He was a fearless warrior, who was named the thirteenth Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch. Later he fell in love with a woman “with skin as white as the moon and eyes like blue stars,” he chased her and loved her though “her skin was cold as ice,” and when he gave his seed to her he gave his soul as well.

He brought her back to the Nightfort and after the unholy union, he declared himself king and her his queen, and ruled the Nightfort as his own castle for thirteen years. During the dark years of his reign, horrific atrocities were committed, of which tales are still told in the North. It was not until his own brother, the King in the North, and Joramun, the King-Beyond-the-Wall, joined forces that the Night’s King was brought down and the Night’s Watch freed. After his fall, when it was discovered that he had been sacrificing to the Others (possibly in similar way to Craster), all records of him were destroyed and his very name was forbidden. It is likely this led the lords of the North to forbid the Night’s Watch to construct walls at their keeps, ensuring the keeps would always be accessible from the south.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue 2 Jun - 23:36:23

M99 wrote:Coldhands made his arc great on the book.

Spoiler:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 2 Jun - 23:38:11

Also worth mentioning, the Nights King was a Stark. His brother, the Lord of Winterfell at the time, allied with the then King Beyond The Wall to end his tyranny.

And Glory nope it's been confirmed Coldhands is never appearing on the show.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue 2 Jun - 23:40:53

srigooner wrote:Couple of significant points, lost in the overwhelming awesomeness of this episode:

* Sansa knows about Bran and Rickon not being killed by Theon.
* Jorah the pit-fighter willing to be owned forever.

Tyrion was worth even more than the gold he'd shit as a Lannister. Thoroughly enjoyed his counsel. Amazing stuff.

I also expect some significant incidents in Arya's arc in the coming episodes.

Mainly This is the one that got drowned I reckon. Tyrion and Dany took all the attention in that part of the show.
Could be very interesting.
Curious to know what they have in store. Probably Gladiator-esque stuff.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 2 Jun - 23:41:42

That's why it's safe to mention him in this thread.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 43 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 34 ... 43  Next