BarrileteCosmico
Bellabong
Jonathan28
LeVersacci
RealGunner
40 posters

Page 33 of 43 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38 ... 43  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 33 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by zigra Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:36 pm

What if Mel is just a republican trying to get rid of all the royal families? Whenever she meets someone with royal blood she seems so eager to burn hmm

zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 33 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by M99 Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:48 pm

Westeros needs Nandos

https://static.paddez.com/s3/Twenty_Good_Men.png
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:16 pm

That's all you need though. 20 good men. They have to know the terrain though. All inspired by the great Ramsay. I bet he even made it home in time for the nightly raping of Sansa.

Anyways, something I don't understand is how long traveling takes. It seems really random. Sometimes it takes an entire season to get from point a to point b and other times they arrive the next episode. Is there a logic behind it? It's one of the reasons why I thought Jon Snow was on a side quest before. I didn't think he'd get to the wildlings in the very next episode.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:34 pm

Freeza wrote:So you aren't religious if you make sacrifices to a god in order to get something in return? I believe a bunch of religious fanatics believe they'll get in heaven if they follow the god. Thus following his to gain something for themselves. I've never considered him to be a religious fanatic, but more of a fatatic using religion. So it's pretty much semantics at this point.

Also he's not really potrayed as a villain. He's portrayed as a character with major flaws that has become desperate because he lusts for the throne.
Wouldn't say there's a lot of villains in this show. Maybe Joffrey was one. Don't know about anything else. Maybe that's just another semantic argument though.

Stannis never does what he does with the burnings just on his own accord. It's always because of Melisandre. Elsewise he would still 'believe in the 7' and he had no issue ditching the 7 for Rhllor either . He doesn't give a shit about gods and religion. He's not the religious type , not by what we have seen , not by what we have read . I agree however his actions are radical and despicable and what drives him to the Iron Throne has no end in sight.

He does what he does for the Throne , again , nothing more nothing less. If these powers , or if this god is real , it means little to him . What matters is that it works in his favor and he can count on Melisandre when he must .

elitedam wrote:Stannis showed that he's willing to sacrifice anything and anyone to be king. I'm not buying this BS that he's doing it because it's his duty and he'd rather retire to the countryside and raise goats or whatever. He wants that power and he just burned his daughter alive to continue playing the game of thrones. I mean we're talking about monarchies here. There's no rightful or wrongful kings. The king is the winner. That's all.

You assume too much and clearly , you just lack the info to understand . He doesn't have to feel this way , or think this way , in order to be solely devoted to what he feels is his duty (and i didn't imply he did) . Stannis wouldn't bother if he didn't think he was the rightful king . He's not a scheemer , he's not power hungry in a way that Cercei is , to play the game of thrones . He is in it because it's simply his right . He is the rightfull successor to Robert Baratheon , since he knows his children are illegitimate for the Throne . There's absolutely 0 chance in hell that Stannis would do something like Renly did . 0% . He's in this because it's his right by all the laws of Westeros and has a duty to his brother to be the king of Westeros. It's kinda sad that after 5 seasons Stannis still buffles people , it only shows how his character wasn't handled well all this time.

The only thing i do agree though , is that , where we are in the story , Stannis has indeed evolved into the obsessed type . After the defeat in the blackwater and in general the lack of support he receives , all of it drive him harder towards his goal . Right now , if someone brought up Daenerys and her right to rule , he would just consider her one more enemy. Nevertheless , his drive is still the initial one , to Stannis , Robert won the throne by right of conquest and so by all rights it is Stannis that should be the King , since the supposed children of Robert aren't even his own . To add to this , Melisandre and all her talk about being the Lord of Light's champion and all that shit , only strengthen his resolve and will. So , Melisandre has helped in making him obsessed , definitely.

Having that said , despite what Melisandre believes and says , he knows it's his duty to sit the throne anyway . That's what the law of Westeros demands and that's what Stannis does . I am not saying he hates to rule , or he doesn't want to , lol no. But the spark of it is , he's a man of the law and has an immense sense of duty which has defined all his life so far. He won't give up on his rights , no matter what it costs him . That's who he is. It's like Ned and honor , no matter the cost , Ned will go with honor. The difference being , Ned actually cared more for his beloved ones than his own honor. Stannis seems a lot more resilient in his ideals. ( i guess that's the one side of the coin )

__

I am NOT actually defending Stannis , if that's what some think here. I don't give 2 shits about Stannis. I just think people didn't understand him before and now after what he did to Shireen , it's all a mess really.

It is his right , that's what he believes and as far as his duty and the law point at him to be the rightful King , then Stannis will go for it. Once again though , i do agree that he has grown to become obsessed with it and not even Daenery's claim would bother him now . He does indeed lust the throne right now. But lol if you think Stannis is power hungry and thinks like say Cercei or Littlefinger think of power. What he's capable of and how far he's willing to go may be signs of a fanatic doing despicable things to reach his main objective , but the reasons he does what he does compared to other players are quite honestly different .  

Something to make note here , we've seen what Cercei does with power and we can see why Littlefinger would be willing to even be the king of the ashes , not giving two shits about what kind of ruler he would be rather just gather all the power he can , if he ever succeeds. But if Stannis actually became the King , cruel and pos and what not , he would bring justice in Westeros , whether we/you/me like this or not.

Do i support his 'the end justifies the means' , would i look away even if he fixed Westeros and would i object if he does become King??

No , no and no . Perfect doesn't exist in this world. I don't like what Stannis has become in the show , but truth be told , there doesn't seem anyone else would be better than him to sit the Iron Throne . Whether or not you think of him as a religious fanatic , or as power hungry , it is pretty irelevant to Stannis the character. Most Westerosi may think the same in the story , it doesn't matter. All that matters is that Stannis will do whatever he can to fullfil his duty and rule rightfully and bring justice back in the land , no matter what. In the end , people would want such a King , it's just sucks for everyone in the story that this man seems , at least , to be Stannis .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:44 pm

tl;dr
but +1 Dante
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:49 pm

El Messico wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
Freeza wrote:My head is fine. I seem to be one of the few enjoying every episode Laughing

The torment some of you go through on a weekly basis when characters that's had like 10 minutes of screen time through 5 seasons die amuses me Proud

Well, only on here I have seen people having no problem with rape scenes or burning kids alive tbh.

Whole internet wants Stannis to die, but you seem to be in full support of him after what he did Laughing

Does this put you off the show? It actually makes me incessantly restless waiting for the next episode.

The whole internet has a huge justice boner. Are you not tired of every single movie and show shoving the same "good always beats evil no matter how bad or powerful evil is" schtick down your thread at every instant. This is the one show that bucks the trend and I love it. The one show that brings a modicum of rationality and realism to the silver screen.

When compared to good actually defeating evil, in reality, it is far more likely that evil defeats good and rewrites history to make itself good. Otherwise you would never see long-term oppressive regimes.

Seeing how I am still watching it and consider this as my best show of all time, I have never seriously thought about stop watching it. Like I said previously and how M99 has explained in his posts. My problem isn't with the show itself, my problem is with D&D who prefer unnecessary shock factors just for the sake of it.

Once again, I have never said I want 'everyone to live happily every after'. Nor I like shows and movies that does it constantly. And despite of what you said about this show. This show is gearing towards a good vs evil fight where good prevails. The whole Daenerys arc, the whole Jon arc. It's going exactly at the point you supposedly hate so much. And this isn't the case for the books. There is no good or evil in the books. White walkers are not said to be evil as the show excessively portrayed. And Daenerys isn't a saviour as the show is describing her to be.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:51 pm

One question to the pro-burning crew

Is there an actual evidence that king's blood achieve anything? Why did a man so rationale as Stannis carried out an action based on some religious fanatic just for the sake of winterfell? When he truly knows that he is ending his bloodline and there will not be any heir after him even if he manages to take the iron throne?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:53 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Dante wrote:He still remains resilient as fk , because to sacrifice his only child
...and that's where I had a little chuckle. Dat God.

What if Westeros is Heaven? Shocked
What if Stannis is God? affraid
What if GRRM, D&D are Jehovah's witnesses? :fishing:

kk

not sure where you are going with this , but whatever . If anything , i do not approve or excuse or defend this , by any stretch of the imagination , i do not. However , this turn of events doesn't make Stannis after all of a sudden , not resilient as a character . If you are unable to seperate one from the other , pls keep the poor sarcasm for yourself next time.  

If anything , it makes him resilient in a different , much harder way . His endgame is above all and anything else and he doesn't to allow anything to break him , or stop him from achieving his ultimate goal , thus he does seem resilient enough to me when he's willing to sacrifice his only child to achieve his end game. Do i approve ?? Obviously not. I just make a case that he is resilient in a different , much harder way . Whether that's worth it , i certainly don't think it is and i think he's a monster . But when everything is said and done , resilience remains one of Stanni's traits and that's all.

and btw , did you imply i am some sort of a religious apologist or something? because i can assure you , you couldn't really be more wrong Laughing

I guess trying to play the devil's advocate doesn't work well with me on this one : )

Last edited by Dante on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:55 pm

El Gunner wrote:tl;dr
but +1 Dante

rofl
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:12 pm

From Reddit

https://i.imgur.com/n6DIMcz.png

Well people are talking all right Laughing

Last edited by M99 on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:15 pm

elitedam wrote:That's all you need though. 20 good men. They have to know the terrain though. All inspired by the great Ramsay. I bet he even made it home in time for the nightly raping of Sansa.

Anyways, something I don't understand is how long traveling takes. It seems really random. Sometimes it takes an entire season to get from point a to point b and other times they arrive the next episode. Is there a logic behind it? It's one of the reasons why I thought Jon Snow was on a side quest before. I didn't think he'd get to the wildlings in the very next episode.

This. But is it really different at different instances ? It appears that way, true.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Messico Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:23 pm

RealGunner wrote:Seeing how I am still watching it and consider this as my best show of all time, I have never seriously thought about stop watching it. Like I said previously and how M99 has explained in his posts. My problem isn't with the show itself, my problem is with D&D who prefer unnecessary shock factors just for the sake of it.

Once again, I have never said I want 'everyone to live happily every after'. Nor I like shows and movies that does it constantly. And despite of what you said about this show. This show is gearing towards a good vs evil fight where good prevails. The whole Daenerys arc, the whole Jon arc. It's going exactly at the point you supposedly hate so much. And this isn't the case for the books. There is no good or evil in the books. White walkers are not said to be evil as the show excessively portrayed. And Daenerys isn't a saviour as the show is describing her to be.

I think they're gearing up for a good vs evil fight, but this being Game of Thrones there is no indication that good will prevail. That is what I am holding out for tbh. I'm gonna be pretty mad if Dany and Jon team up to defeat the White Walkers and then rule over the Iron Throne together and have incest children.

El Messico
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:51 pm

Dante wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
Dante wrote:He still remains resilient as fk , because to sacrifice his only child

kk

not sure where you are going with this , but whatever . If anything , i do not approve or excuse or defend this , by any stretch of the imagination , i do not. However , this turn of events doesn't make Stannis after all of a sudden , not resilient as a character . If you are unable to seperate one from the other , pls keep the poor sarcasm for yourself next time.  

Smile I had a reply in mind for this, but chances are I'll get docked/temp banned because I'm sure we have religious people on here.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:55 pm

RealGunner wrote:One question to the pro-burning crew

Is there an actual evidence that king's blood achieve anything? Why did a man so rationale as Stannis carried out an action based on some religious fanatic just for the sake of winterfell? When he truly knows that he is ending his bloodline and there will not be any heir after him even if he manages to take the iron throne?

We haven't seen if those sacrifices specifically work because twice they've been interrupted by Davos/Jon.

However Melisandre created a shadow assassin with a king so there's evidence that king's blood does have some kind of power.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:56 pm

Well Stannis in this episode reminded a lot of a biblical character. God told someone to sacrifice their child (he was stopped before killing though iirc). Also sacrificed his own son for a better world hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:59 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:

We haven't seen if those sacrifices specifically work because twice they've been interrupted by Davos/Jon.

However Melisandre created a shadow assassin with a king so there's evidence that king's blood does have some kind of power.

Without sacrifice though.

Freeza wrote:Well Stannis in this episode reminded a lot of a biblical character. God told someone to sacrifice their child (he was stopped before killing though iirc). Also sacrificed his own son for a better world hmm

Yea a lot of characters in the GoT world are reminiscent of popular figures from various literature.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:04 pm

RealGunner wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

Without sacrifice though.

Freeza wrote:Well Stannis in this episode reminded a lot of a biblical character. God told someone to sacrifice their child (he was stopped before killing though iirc). Also sacrificed his own son for a better world hmm

Yea a lot of characters in the GoT world are reminiscent of popular figures from various literature.
I see what you did there
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:07 pm

Exactly what I was thinking. Rooney pls

https://i.imgur.com/vetvJBE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wYgWoxS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/f6gJh8Y.jpg

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:10 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Dante wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

kk

Smile I had a reply in mind for this, but chances are I'll get docked/temp banned because I'm sure we have religious people on here.

well i wouldn't be one of them , that's for sure Laughing

Freeza is right about this , i thought of it myself during the scene . Don't remember the biblical name right now though .

anyway , i can't wait to see Davos' reaction when he finds out . Can't see how he will keep following Stannis after this , he loved Shireen as if she were his own daughter. Unfortunately , Davos probably won't find out untill next season .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:14 pm

Hate Olly.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:22 pm

It was Abraham sacrificing his son Isaac hmm

Olly is so annoying. I could do with fewer subplots of these characters. Not a fan of kids in shows, never was. Bran is my favourite of the children, but he's not in this season.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:23 pm

I expected an actor like Mycroft to get a bigger role in the show. Mace Tyrell tho Laughing

https://i.imgur.com/IdeWMLA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OH8Hi6V.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iu8nlkE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jTAMToM.jpg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:33 pm

lol

i also wish he had more screen time ,
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:36 pm

He also seems like he lost quite a bit of weight from Sherlock, though his dress may be deceiving hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:41 pm

When Mace Tyrell was admiring the Iron Bank building, I was half-expecting Tycho to say "That's not the Iron Bank".
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:51 pm

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 43 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38 ... 43  Next