Rebaño Sagrado
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
Freeza
DeletedUser#1
42 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Who will replace Carletto ?? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will replace Carletto ??

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 15, 2015 10:20 am

@titosantill, i would tell you that Carlo deserved to be sacked mainly on the basis of what his two leagues campaigns have been during the past 2 seasons. Identically poorly planned and managed, both seasons we had the league at some point between january to march and then we just crumbled as a team, holding on to the CL as our saving grace.

It worked one year, as we won it, and the other year, it simply did not. But it's not normal to see a team suffering from the same issues two years in a row, and the manager, not adjusting. Two many instances of the manager refusing to rotate, refusing to trust peripheral players, running our starting eleven to the ground by overplaying them. THat's just poor squad management, and when his style relies so much on us being dominant physically, you could see us getting gased out of ideas and without legs very often in la liga. And his record vs quality teams in la liga, vs barca, atletico, valencia, sevilla... It was bad.

Then there is the football... when we were in top shape physically, we were capable of doing fantastic stuff, but the idea is to get your team to May-June, in top shape to play semis and finals and to win them. He failed at doing that i would say both years overall. And his football, as you said, his 442/433 just fell into his laps as he kept changing formations and as players got injured. It wasnt by design that Di Maria started playing that hybrid position, but he did, and we all remember still what happened then.

This season without di maria, we had more issues sustaining the 442/433, despite Isco/James best efforts, and without Modric, it was near impossible. and this highlights another failing of his, never properly planning and preparing our midfield depth.

At no point was there any kind of dominant idea in the way that we play footy. Maybe he stopped being a thinker long since his milan days, but what he did in madrid, what he survived, and thrived on, were his man management skills. At that he was brilliant, talking to players, managing expectations, being their friends, not manipulating things through mind games, etc... But i am baffled by the lack of ideas he kept having on how we played, always the same schemes, no moving players around, specially Bale, when he is clearly burnt out on the right. It was as if he was out to make a point, but it failed. For someone who had a reputation to be flexible tactically, he hasnt done any of that for months. sure it doesnt help that we have the laziest front 3 in football... but even armed with that knowledge, where were the defensive mids he could have pulled in critical situations to make up for those guys?

So his idea was, let's put BBC up there and they are so good they will games, when it was cleared we had no idea of how to create combination or triangles, and we were just bombarding teams with crosses, as we did vs juve when we were clueless about how to attack them.

So to me, this is my case against Ancelotti, against any manager that plays with no kind of background philosophy and just thinks that managing is about creating a good atmosphere between the guys and keeping them happy and fresh throughout the season till they win things with talent and some timely inspired discipline. We reached the limit of that model.

Since we might be about to change coach again, i will one more time say that i want a coach that comes with certain ideas, and philosophies attached to how and what he does. Whatever they may be, i am not dogmatic about one style of play, but i cant help but notice that some of the most memorable and impactful teams of recent years, have all done it by playing with an identity.

Having top players will always get you to some level in CL, but having top players centered around an idea of play is something we havent had yet. Not that it will guarantee success, but again, if we are going to change, i prefer we would go that way.

So out of all the coaches i see out there, the one that is most qualified to coach is by far Klopp.
1. Gegenpressing, even if that would be a lofty goal to reach for us as a team, specially when our front 3 is so lazy. But it's an aggressive way of playing that fits the type of team that we have.
2. as far as squad management, i think we can agree that he has done pretty good building and developping a large number of players for his dortmund side. Most guy we didnt know before they started having success with bvb.
3. tactically he is sharp, adaptable, and has gotten results both vs bayern and vs the big teams in faced in CL.

But again, the most important point if we are going to change, is the gegenpressing, and all that comes with it.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri May 15, 2015 10:42 am

I surely can see Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema, Modric, Kroos and Isco gegenpressing the shit out of opposition teams. :coffee:
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Fri May 15, 2015 10:45 am

CR7 himself.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 15, 2015 10:50 am

Coachnaldo vs Coachessi Proud
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 15, 2015 10:54 am

free_cat wrote:I surely can see Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema, Modric, Kroos and Isco gegenpressing the shit out of opposition teams. :coffee:
problem is BBC not the midfielder because they can clearly do it.

Besides, what interests me most is the discipline that you develop through positioning, where to be, how close to be from one another... disciplined, thought through football that involves the collective and not just one individual.

As for BBC, as far as im concerned, that needs to be broken appart, and there is no better time to make a CR or Bale choice. Continuing with both is unproductive and unhealthy.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri May 15, 2015 3:16 pm

@mr nick09, there you have it, at least you've put forward a candidate; and some reasons why. my problem with this forum is people will say 'hire' or 'fire', and attach emoticons with it without saying why or who should replace; a new coach will come, things will take time and people will bitch again about firing that one too (see the barcelona thread on tata martino/luis enrique)

to your point on klopp, he seems a good candidate, i've only followed dortmund in the champions league, hardly in the league, so i'm not in much of a position to discuss his transfer policies or philosophies in depth.

however, one question I must pose to you, should klopp come, it will not be a fast process, it will take time; one of such reasons is getting to know the players and WINNING their respect and trust
http://www.marca.com/en/2015/05/15/en/football/real_madrid/1431641962.html http://as.com/diarioas/2015/05/15/english/1431675121_090303.html ...now my question is, how much time do you think klopp deserves to be able to make mistakes, settle down and make this team his own if indeed he is hired?
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri May 15, 2015 5:36 pm

Whoever it is, we'll gladly take Carlo off your hands Smile
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri May 15, 2015 5:47 pm

Casciavit wrote:Whoever it is, we'll gladly take Carlo off your hands Smile

There are rumors about him signing a pre-contract agreement with City if Madrid dont show faith in him to be the coach next summer.Quite obvious that if he leaves,it will be for a team with a big budget.

Meanwhile you can enjoy all-Italian Milan with Brocchi as coach http://forum.acmilan-online.com/images/smilie/g.png
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Fri May 15, 2015 5:48 pm

Coachanaldo wins. CR7 = authority.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Fri May 15, 2015 5:48 pm

I don't wanna see Carletto in City next season. He doesn't deserve to be in $$$$hity club IMO
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Fri May 15, 2015 5:52 pm

He deserves to be in a solid club like Barca, Madrid, or a team he can build from start. P$G isn't good for him either. He is a WC coach and he can only achieve with teams that are ambitious but don't have flow of money like City and PSG (maybe Chelsea, but chelsea are proving that they can bring in their own income with sales and winning trophies rather than having a sugar daddy). I will be really excited to see him returning back to Milan to make them competitive again.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri May 15, 2015 6:35 pm

@terrence I like carlo he seems nice and all, but he handled the squad very badly, and he had plenty of opportunities to give players a chances but he didn't and it cost us, why in the world would he play ramos as DM ever!!!, if khedira showed a bit of interest he would have played him as well :facepalm:, just because he wanted to give the impression that illarra wasn't good enough, i hate coaches who don't try to work with the players they got, while forcing morons like ramos, iker and bale into the squad weekly, that why he needs to be fired
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Fri May 15, 2015 8:40 pm

Is it the manager who should be changed or Florentino Perez?
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 15, 2015 8:45 pm

Dat triple post.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri May 15, 2015 9:23 pm

He'll come to Roma eventually. Only a matter of time.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Fri May 15, 2015 9:29 pm

chad, fair point, but still, i personally wouldn't mind if he stay for another season, as long as bale is gone.

if somehow flo wouldn't sell bale, then it's best carlo leave us.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 15, 2015 11:39 pm

@titosantil, he has a year, as pretty much everyone. He has a year to show results, to make players buy in, otherwise he risks to be sacked in a year.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sat May 16, 2015 12:25 am

terrance511 wrote:chad, fair point, but still, i personally wouldn't mind if he stay for another season, as long as bale is gone.

No, it's not carlo's fault.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sat May 16, 2015 1:40 am

Real Madrid is making a big mistake. The next manager will have even worse results. You can't sell important players and expect a manager to restructure a team every year with new "Hollywood" players that sell shirts.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat May 16, 2015 3:36 am

@mr nick, so let me get this straight, if klopp comes in and within a year (which is a relatively short period of time) he should get sacked. now if that happens, i also take it the following manager (at this point we are running out of coaches to hire) too should only get one year and the cycle continues (i imagine if he succeeds the first year and can't maintain the second, its off with his head again). with that mentality we won't maintain stability, every new coach will bring his own philosophy and methods

remember we have had 11 coaches, between 2000-2015, and between 04-10 when we were always knocked out of ucl first round, 7. i'm not saying we should reward failure, but the coaching merry go round can sometimes be one step forward, two steps back....with that type of florentino philosophy, we'd run out of guys to coach and maybe flo himself will coach the team
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat May 16, 2015 6:17 am

Klopp won't be able to play his type of football with players Madrid has ATM. He would need to get rid of Bale as you can't have him and Ronaldo playing together playing and pressing rigorously like Dortmund does. I agree with Nick. I think Madrid's midfield can be competent. More the front three in particular Ronaldo and Bale.
Klopp also needs time. Flo won't give him that if results don't go Madrid's way. He's better off going to Arsenal or Liverpool.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Sat May 16, 2015 8:41 am

salmano9 wrote:
terrance511 wrote:chad, fair point, but still, i personally wouldn't mind if he stay for another season, as long as bale is gone.

No, it's not carlo's fault.

where is that coming from? if u referring to my last sentence, i didn't thought much bout finding whose fault, just cant stand another bale thing. both staying meaning the issue is going no where,

what i thought, was, if anybody going to take over, he gonna have an discussion over authority on bale, any new possibility is a plus sign over a total dead end like a carlo+bale 1.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat May 16, 2015 1:25 pm

straight swap between Rodgers and Carlo. Not so difficult to understand imo

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat May 16, 2015 6:39 pm

There are bigger issues at Madrid. The fact is that Florentino has spent over a billio on players and is the main reason for the underlying problem and culture at Madrid. People that have been watching football before at least 2000 will remember that this Galacticos policy wasn't in place. Before Flo came Madrid had won 2 cls. I can't fault him for his business acumen because his Financial ability is what drove Madrid to becoming a financial power fitting of their Clubs reputation. On the field and specially with transfers it has been a completely different story. Everyone is familiar with his tranfer policy where it is more about the Brand with footbal coming second.

On Ancelotti, he might be a calm character and was the right man for Madrid after the Mourinho era but he has made consistent errors not just in his like 2 seasons but throughout his career. The lack of rotation is just the biggest killer. He has thrown away the league 2 times now and was fortunate to win the cl. I don't really know what Madrid should do but a cultural change is needed of they want to have sustainable success.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 16, 2015 6:44 pm

I have a huge problem with anyone who says he threw the league away last year, only reason it was close was because Valdes got injured (Barca were starting to run away with at that point) and Atletico were the most consistent team.

Madrid at no stage threw it away and were extremely lucky to be even involved at the end to begin with.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat May 16, 2015 6:48 pm

Only makes it worse when you can't win with an injuerd opponent.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next