Robespierre
DeletedUser#1
RED
Valkyrja
S
55 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 4 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by chad4401 Thu May 21, 2015 7:09 pm

meh not really happy about rafa tbh, but if bale is sold then i guess i can give him a fair chance, if not and he doesn't bench bale when he is going donkey, then i expect to win nothing again next season

chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 4 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 21, 2015 7:28 pm

Bale is not getting sold. what we need to do is turn CR into our focal point centrally, move bale to the left side
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 21, 2015 7:47 pm

Nick you need to stop with this Ronaldo centrally fantasy Laughing

It's not gonna happen and further more he'd be a million times easier to defend as i have explained before.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu May 21, 2015 8:20 pm

Art ...doesn't rate Benitez.....yet his 2 most rated managers are Paul Lambert and Mick McCarthy Proud

also LOOOOOOOOL @ Free's posts. Looks like someone who has only seen Benitez' teams play in CL semi-finals and never anything else Laughing

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu May 21, 2015 8:34 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Bale is not getting sold. what we need to do is turn CR into our focal point centrally, move bale to the left side

cr can't play pure cf to save his life, needs a proper cf to play off of, so it has to be 2 up top, or he continues to make runs from the wings, even if bale plays on the left and provides nothing, then its still 2 players contributing little to nothing other than goals, there is more than enough proof to show cr and bale on the pitch together is redundant
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 21, 2015 8:37 pm

let me dream ffs, Sad

i have said i would sell him tho, to psg for verratti + money, fap fap fap
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Thu May 21, 2015 9:05 pm

"Football is made up of subjective feeling, of suggestion – and, in that, Anfield is unbeatable. Put shit hanging from a stick in the middle of this passionate, crazy stadium and there are people who will tell you it’s a work of art. It’s not: it’s shit hanging from a stick.

Chelsea and Liverpool are the clearest, most exaggerated example of the way football is going: very intense, very collective, very tactical, very physical, and very direct. But, a short pass? Noooo. A feint? Noooo. A change of pace? Noooo. A one-two? A nutmeg? A backheel? Don’t be ridiculous. None of that. The extreme control and seriousness with which both teams played the semi-final neutralised any creative licence, any moments of exquisite skill.

If Didier Drogba was the best player in the first match it was purely because he was the one who ran the fastest, jumped the highest and crashed into people the hardest. Such extreme intensity wipes away talent, even leaving a player of Joe Cole’s class disoriented. If football is going the way Chelsea and Liverpool are taking it, we had better be ready to wave goodbye to any expression of the cleverness and talent we have enjoyed for a century.

Mourinho and Benítez have two things in common: a previously denied, hitherto unsatisfied hunger for glory, and a desire to have everything under control. Both of those things stem from one key factor: neither Mourinho nor Benítez made it as a player. That has made them channel all their vanity into coaching. Those who did not have the talent to make it as players do not believe in the talent of players, they do not believe in the ability to improvise in order to win football matches. In short, Benítez and Mourinho are exactly the kind of coaches that Benítez and Mourinho would have needed to have made it as players."

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu May 21, 2015 9:10 pm

Nivash wrote:
Mourinho and Benítez have two things in common: a previously denied, hitherto unsatisfied hunger for glory, and a desire to have everything under control.

isn't that a bit silly to say?
do you know any manager who doesn't like having full control or hunger? because i don't..
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu May 21, 2015 9:19 pm

Apparently Carlo is just super chill.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 21, 2015 9:22 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Nick you need to stop with this Ronaldo centrally fantasy Laughing

It's not gonna happen and further more he'd be a million times easier to defend as i have explained before.
He makes the same run over and over again Laughing Allergic to making diagonal runs or off-shoulder runs because it means that he would often sacrifice his run to open space for others... everything he does is designed for himself to score. It would be awful.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
S wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I think we can all agree that in that competition he's the top dog, but to me there's a lot more to it than just GOATing in Europe.

It's not just about his record and rotations in league competition either, i see a man who regularly makes errors in judgement during the league season from a tactical and positional point of view.

Mind you i used to consider Pep the best and he's shown quite the few flaws himself recently....

Basically there's no such thing as 'best manager in the world'.

I think i agree yeah.

John Carver disagrees
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Thu May 21, 2015 10:07 pm

Donuts wrote:
Nivash wrote:
Mourinho and Benítez have two things in common: a previously denied, hitherto unsatisfied hunger for glory, and a desire to have everything under control.

isn't that a bit silly to say?
do you know any manager who doesn't like having full control or hunger? because i don't..

I didn't say it, Valdano did. But the point is that you can't have absolute control and be able to play attractively. Certain types of players need the freedom to express themselves, which players also happen to be the types that Mourinho and Benitez do not value in their systems.

Such rigidity as those managers loves comes at the expense of fluid and creative play. It's the way that players like Ronaldo and Bale are able to flourish. ie. by relying so heavily on their physical strengths rather than attacking flair/creativity.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 21, 2015 10:13 pm

Full quote

Valdano wrote:Mourinho and Benítez have two things in common: a previously denied, hitherto unsatisfied hunger for glory, and a desire to have everything under control. Both of those things stem from one key factor: neither Mourinho nor Benítez made it as a player. That has made them channel all their vanity into coaching. Those who did not have the talent to make it as players do not believe in the talent of players, they do not believe in the ability to improvise in order to win football matches. In short, Benítez and Mourinho are exactly the kind of coaches that Benítez and Mourinho would have needed to have made it as players.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/may/08/newsstory.sport16
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu May 21, 2015 10:29 pm

Freeza wrote:Playing 11 players all season when you have 23 will get you fired.

Since Peps second season, to this one, that's pretty much what Barca does. Just look at our bench quality vs our starters quality, it's always been our starting 11 pretty much playing every single game. The first half of this season Lucho tried to rotate, Messi and Neymar didn't like it, and since that moment he went right back to playing the same starting 11 and we have won just about every single match since.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu May 21, 2015 10:30 pm

btw, apparently Carlo is going to Milan
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 21, 2015 10:32 pm

That's simply not true. Pep was always rotating the squad. He might have had a "big game" team, but he tweaked and made sure everyone was fresh all the time.

Well, except for Messi.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu May 21, 2015 10:38 pm

First season he rotated heavily, after that first season he gradually stopped rotating as much and by his fourth he wasn't rotating hardly at all.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri May 22, 2015 12:14 am

I hope rafa is coming home. Liverpool need him now. Wink
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 22, 2015 1:23 am

windkick wrote:First season he rotated heavily, after that first season he gradually stopped rotating as much and by his fourth he wasn't rotating hardly at all.
Yes and this is why Barca fans were complaining about Keita getting minutes right until his last season?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 22, 2015 1:25 am

Interesting to see how Rafa implements his 4-2-3-1 if he joins

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by missjb Fri May 22, 2015 1:28 am

I really think it's okay to rotate, but don't rotate the core of the team. In Napoli, Rafa rotating the back 4 too much for my liking.
missjb
missjb
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Based Bonera Fri May 22, 2015 1:45 am

He'll kick Bale back to the zoo and buy Dries Mertens and dominate La Liga for the next 2 decades. GL barca fans, stay safe.
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri May 22, 2015 1:52 am

gota love rafa. Cool
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri May 22, 2015 2:07 am

I'll aask agani. Is there anything substantial abou this by now?!
!=!
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri May 22, 2015 2:09 am

It's a done dealio
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri May 22, 2015 5:31 am

first off, i'm not a fan of rafa benitez, not sure how this is a step up, granted he'll have more talent than he did at valencia, liverpool, or napoli, but i'm not sure he's what we need.

secondly, this was what worried me about the "ancelotti out" threads. my concern was, we (madrid fans) were all yelling carlo out but nobody was raising any suggestions as to who to take over and why. i posed that question mainly to see if people understood what any other manager would bring or whether our frustrations and emotions were just getting in the way of reason

there were suggestions about klopp and what he could implement, but with the "news" or rumors about rafa, its almost like if marca put up a headline saying "(insert name here) is the next coach of madrid" everyone will jump for joy, like (insert name) is the chosen one.

now i ask again, with those heralding beintez, is there something he has done (more recently; not valencia nor pool) at napoli, in terms of tactics, and don't just say "rotations" because our problems this season aren't limited to rotations or lack of rotations alone

if these rumors are indeed true, i just hope fans and the board have the necessary patience to at least, for the sake of stability give the guy time. it baffles me that fans try to critique florentino, when they have similar mindsets with respect to managerial merry go-rounds, signing players that aren't needed (based on international tournaments, hype, "super star" status) and selling players the squad actually needs (to accommodate the new toy).

whilst i don't like him, and i'm not sure what positives he'll bring in order to unseat barcelona, if this is true, for the sake of the team i love i wish rafa luck, and hope we can do better this time
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next