why riquelme is so underrated in goallegacy?

+33
Doc
Lupi
DuringTheWar
neuro11
Rebaño Sagrado
LeBéninois
zigra
billy_gr
farfan
Cassius
Lord Awesome
titosantill
Hapless_Hans
Unique
The Franchise
Robespierre
Glory
Valkyrja
Kaladin
Deja Vu
Lord Spencer
Socur Toxanarosa
M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Donuts
Ganso
futbol
BarrileteCosmico
McAgger
Kick
RealGunner
Freeza
guest_07
37 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

why riquelme is so underrated in goallegacy? - Page 3 Empty Re: why riquelme is so underrated in goallegacy?

Post by guest_07 Sat May 23, 2015 6:47 am

[quote="Fußball"]
guest_07 wrote:
Fußball wrote:

both video look impressive, i salute...........

the next question,  both had superb performance per match, which one more harder to achieve in order to have that superb performance?

a) played with one of the greatest football team in the history

or

b) played with team like villarreal that only promoted to la liga or boca juniors that last time won the libertadores (cl equivalent) was 1978

The answer is: a.

Smile wrong or not, at least you give the answer, i respect that

peace

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

why riquelme is so underrated in goallegacy? - Page 3 Empty Re: why riquelme is so underrated in goallegacy?

Post by Lord Spencer Sat May 23, 2015 12:01 pm

Why is Riquelme underrated?

There can be several reasons:

1)Its an adverse reaction to people saying stuff like: Riquelme is better than Xavi.

Sorry, but there simply is no way for this to be true. If Riquelme is better than Xavi, he would have played for a team that constantly fought for the top silverware.

I am not saying that SA football is inferior, I am saying that it generates a lot less money. Hence, the powerhouses in Europe would always try and get the best starts in SA.

Apparently, the top teams in Europe did not bother to deal with Riquelme.

2)It takes more than big games to be truly brilliant.

I am a big fan of Riquelme, and he almost always delivered in the bigger games. However, he rarely if ever put the effort in smaller games, and as such was a liability for the teams he played for.

Consistency is a big part in a midfielders job, unlike in offensive players where great games can overshadow the mediocre ones.

3)He is not actually underrated.

This might come as a surprise, but saying that Xavi or Pirlo is better than Riquelme doesn't mean that he is shit. I consider Riquelme the most important player for Argentina in the last 10 years, and it was a great mistake not taking him in 2010.

However, I still consider Pirlo and Xavi to have been more important for their respective reams than him. Argentina could live without Maradona taking Riquelme to the WC. Italy and Spain would have killed their coaches if they left Pirlo and Xavi home.

4)People have different criteria to which they rate players.

These are called opinions, which are wonderful things. We ask different things from football players, and as such we rate them depending on our own interpretation of the game.

Some find Xavi's efficient style too boring to watch, and think its simple (its really really not). Other dislike the number or Pirlo Hollywood passes (Especially when you have bloody scrubs up front).

Similarly, others might not appreciate Riquelme as much as you do because they do not watch the game in the same way.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sat May 23, 2015 12:20 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:Why is Riquelme underrated?

1)Its an adverse reaction to people saying stuff like: Riquelme is better than Xavi.

Sorry, but there simply is no way for this to be true. If Riquelme is better than Xavi, he would have played for a team that constantly fought for the top silverware.

adebayor must be a better player because he had play for big teams like arsenal, manchester city, real madrid, better than so called for example batistuta (only roma & fiorentina)

boca juniors is one of the most successful club in football history in term of international trophies, better than real & barcelona, mind you, riquelme was part of it

I am not saying that SA football is inferior, I am saying that it generates a lot less money. Hence, the powerhouses in Europe would always try and get the best starts in SA.

Last edited by guest_07 on Sat May 23, 2015 12:35 pm; edited 3 times in total

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sat May 23, 2015 12:26 pm

2)It takes more than big games to be truly brilliant.

I am a big fan of Riquelme, and he almost always delivered in the bigger games. However, he rarely if ever put the effort in smaller games, and as such was a liability for the teams he played for.

misplace pass was almost close to zero & control the match in the middle, shielding the ball so the mediocre teammates can do an attacking move , he did it in daily basis manner, & still someone considered as an non-effort, pity.......................

Consistency is a big part in a midfielders job, unlike in offensive players where great games can overshadow the mediocre ones.

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sat May 23, 2015 12:28 pm

right now, i have something to do

i'll be back

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Sat May 23, 2015 12:34 pm

Adebayor is a terrible comparison. He didn't win jack with City and Arsenal and only got a mere Copa del Rey to his name during the 5-month loan spell with RM which he played no major part of. That copa is also the only trophy he ever won. Very Happy

Last edited by Deja Vu on Sat May 23, 2015 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat May 23, 2015 12:37 pm

I have only seen Riquelme's time during his Villarreal days, and although he was a talented player. Xavi is in a class of his own, this isn't determined by stats, nor videos it is just from the eye test. The only thing that i can attribute to Riquelme is that he was a better FK yaker than Xavi. Its a shame that he missed that penalty, history could've been very different if he made it to the final
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat May 23, 2015 12:38 pm

Fußball wrote:We comparing assist statistics now? Okay.

Xavi assists in:

EC final 2008
CL final 2009
WC semi-final 2010
CL final 2011
Birth of Thiago Messi 2012
EC final 2012

Riquelme? hmm

no stats b4 08 ? Sad
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 23, 2015 12:53 pm

guest_07 wrote:
Socur Toxanarosa wrote:Xavi had a (much) better career, Riquelme was more talented.

that one i agree, Socur Toxanarosa

riquelme follow his philosophy too much which jeopardize his achievement, but whatever, as long as he happy

Define talent, besides talent means the precise sum of *bleep* all.

What's the point of talent if you rarely show it? Talent means absolutely nothing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sat May 23, 2015 12:55 pm

Deja Vu wrote:Adebayor is a terrible comparison. He didn't win jack with City and Arsenal and only got a mere Copa del Rey to his name during the 5-month loan spell with RM which he played no major part of. That copa is also the only trophy he ever won. Very Happy

do you read his statement properly?

"If Riquelme is better than Xavi, he would have played for a team that constantly fought for the top silverware"

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sat May 23, 2015 12:58 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:I have only seen Riquelme's time during his Villarreal days, and although he was a talented player. Xavi is in a class of his own, this isn't determined by stats, nor videos it is just from the eye test. The only thing that i can attribute to Riquelme is that he was a better FK yaker than Xavi. Its a shame that he missed that penalty, history could've been very different if he made it to the final

with eye test, someone at real too convince that bale will succeed at real without any problem, that's why his price was look ridiculous

Last edited by guest_07 on Sat May 23, 2015 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat May 23, 2015 1:02 pm

But he did succeed, at least in his first season. He was pivotal in the Spanish cup and the CL final, he just took a nosedive this season.

Dunno what the eye test has got to do with that, players are prone to decline or improve, not everyone has a Sharingan bro
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sat May 23, 2015 1:05 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:But he did succeed, at least in his first season. He was pivotal in the Spanish cup and the CL final, he just took a nosedive this season.

Dunno what the eye test has got to do with that, players are prone to decline or improve, not everyone has a Sharingan bro

but you said with eye test is good enough to determine whether that player is good or not?

"Xavi is in a class of his own, this isn't determined by stats, nor videos it is just from the eye test"

did i read your statement wrong?

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat May 23, 2015 1:48 pm

Yes, from what i have seen for him
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat May 23, 2015 2:11 pm

Always Rated him very highly. Only watched him when he played for the NT (those days I only watched NT football tbf) and since I supported Argentina and still does, he was a special player at least for me. One of my favorite players therefore for sure.

With riquelme there was always this feeling that he is only producing a teensy bit of what he actually can produce on the pitch. Perhaps it was because his body language made me feel that way, I dont know for sure.

On the other hand Dont want to get into comparing him with other great players. Its subjective.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat May 23, 2015 2:25 pm

guest_07 wrote:

adebayor must be a better player because he had play for big teams like arsenal, manchester city, real madrid, better than so called for example batistuta (only roma & fiorentina)

boca juniors is one of the most successful club in football history in term of international trophies, better than real & barcelona, mind you, riquelme was part of it

Adebayor never continued for any of those clubs, and was a fringe player.

No big club bothered to make Riquelme a central figure for them. This means that the biggest money generators in football didn't think much of Riquelme.

Boca Juniors can have the most trophies in history, but that means jack shit. If RM wants a Boca player, they are going to sell because RM makes more money than Boca. Simple as that.

When the biggest clubs don't think much of your talent, it would push people to underrate that talent.

P.S: You realize that you basically are asking "Why Riquelme is underrated?"

We are answering that question. It doesn't mean we personally underrate him, or that we even believe what we say. It means that the points I put forth are all reasons some people sometimes say when discussing Riquelme.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat May 23, 2015 4:38 pm

Riquelme was great with Villareal tbh , I remind very well that double match against Inter .... and tbh he was unlucky to meet Van Gaal in Barcellona.
Van Gaal can't get on well with most South American players , it's a fact, same man to send away Lucio (and he won treble with Inter against Bayern the year after ) or others , it's happening same thing with Di Maria and Falcao now, not scrub players
Personally, always rated highly.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sat May 23, 2015 5:19 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
guest_07 wrote:

Adebayor never continued for any of those clubs, and was a fringe player.

No big club bothered to make Riquelme a central figure for them. This means that the biggest money generators in football didn't think much of Riquelme.

Boca Juniors can have the most trophies in history, but that means jack shit. If RM wants a Boca player, they are going to sell because RM makes more money than Boca. Simple as that.

When the biggest clubs don't think much of your talent, it would push people to underrate that talent.

P.S: You realize that you basically are asking "Why Riquelme is underrated?"

We are answering that question. It doesn't mean we personally underrate him, or that we even believe what we say. It means that the points I put forth are all reasons some people sometimes say when discussing Riquelme.

fair enough, your point of view sound neutral, i can accept it

but mind you, your perspective maybe quite different or totally different compare to other posters here & i love to hear from them also

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sat May 23, 2015 5:20 pm

Robespierre wrote:Riquelme was great with Villareal tbh , I remind very well that double match against Inter .... and tbh he was unlucky to meet Van Gaal in Barcellona.
Van Gaal can't get on well with most South American players , it's a fact, same man to send away Lucio (and he won treble with Inter against Bayern the year after ) or others , it's happening same thing with Di Maria and Falcao now, not scrub players
Personally, always rated highly.

thanks for the view, Robespierre, i appreciate it

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sat May 23, 2015 5:21 pm

Glory wrote:Always Rated him very highly. Only watched him when he played for the NT (those days I only watched NT football tbf) and since I supported Argentina and still does, he was a special player at least for me. One of my favorite players therefore for sure.

With riquelme there was always this feeling that he is only producing a teensy bit of what he actually can produce on the pitch. Perhaps it was because his body language made me feel that way, I dont know for sure.

On the other hand Dont want to get into comparing him with other great players. Its subjective.

thanks for the view, Glory, i appreciate it

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sat May 23, 2015 5:24 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
guest_07 wrote:
Socur Toxanarosa wrote:Xavi had a (much) better career, Riquelme was more talented.

that one i agree, Socur Toxanarosa

riquelme follow his philosophy too much which jeopardize his achievement, but whatever, as long as he happy

Define talent, besides talent means the precise sum of *bleep* all.

What's the point of talent if you rarely show it? Talent means absolutely nothing.

he rarely show it? i think you are talking the wrong player here, Great Leader Sprucenuce

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat May 23, 2015 6:11 pm

Because there is more to football than talent.

For one, we are talking about a guy who showed his true self to Europe for 2 seasons. As talented as he was, that's not good enough. He had his chance at Barca to do something really big at a big club and for a few reasons it didnt work, not all of it was him but he couldnt make it work. Period.

Second, we came to Europe a couple decades late. Gone were (and are) the days of a number 10 who just stands around watching the game pass him by on defence. He never put defensive effort in and the only team that put up with that was one who were in that much of a need for his talent. Which is why at Villareal that was acceptable.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sat May 23, 2015 6:23 pm

The Franchise wrote:Because there is more to football than talent.

For one, we are talking about a guy who showed his true self to Europe for 2 seasons. As talented as he was, that's not good enough.  He had his chance at Barca to do something really big at a big club and for a few reasons it didnt work, not all of it was him but he couldnt make it work. Period.

Second, we came to Europe a couple decades late. Gone were (and are) the days of a number 10 who just stands around watching the game pass him by on defence. He never put defensive effort in and the only team that put up with that was one who were in that much of a need for his talent. Which is why at Villareal that was acceptable.

fair enough, but he proved his worth in 2006 wc as top assister, played superbly as key playmaker, when he was not around, argentina suddenly collapse

but in the end, when we ask to whoever about who was among the best performer in that wc, i dare say no one mention his name

underrated at the highest order

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat May 23, 2015 8:00 pm

guest_07 wrote:
Kick wrote:Perhaps you overrate him? hmm

perhaps..............

but the way i look at the riquelme video's thread that i created, it shows otherwise
ow no. a youtube fan. cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat May 23, 2015 8:12 pm

guest_07 wrote:

but in the end, when we ask to whoever about who was among the best performer in that wc, i dare say no one mention his name

underrated at the highest order

Yes and that is is because Zidane, Cannavaro, Pirlo, Gattuso, Buffon and Klose all performed better.

Last edited by M99 on Sat May 23, 2015 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat May 23, 2015 8:34 pm

guest_07, you're one of a kind :bow:

which is, btw, also the answer to the thread's question hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next