free_cat
futbol
windkick
neuro11
Deja Vu
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Copa del Rey Finale] FC Barcelona - Athletic Bilbao Empty [Copa del Rey Finale] FC Barcelona - Athletic Bilbao

Post by Deja Vu Thu May 28, 2015 4:20 pm

[Copa del Rey Finale] FC Barcelona - Athletic Bilbao Fc_barcelona VS [Copa del Rey Finale] FC Barcelona - Athletic Bilbao Athletic_club_200px

Date: May 30, 2015
Time: 19:30 GMT, Saturday

[Copa del Rey Finale] FC Barcelona - Athletic Bilbao Hi-res-1a19b97fefe7f0cb2fdeb3372daab0fd_crop_north

Barca's pre-match promo vid:

Atheltic Bilbao's pre-match promo vid:

10 Historic Barca goals in Copa del Rey finals:

Related stats:

- Barcelona have previously played 36 Copa del Rey Finals, a record bettered only by Real Madrid with 39.
- Barcelona have won the competition a record 26 times.
- Athletic Bilbao have previously played in 35 finals, winning 23, with only Barcelona winning more.
- Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao have played each other in seven previous finals of the tournament. Barcelona won in 1920, 1942, 1953, 2009 and 2012, and Athletic Bilbao won in 1932 and 1984.
- Sevilla FC's Iago Aspas is the competition's leading scorer for this season with 7 goals. Neymar is in second place with six goals while Pedro and Aduriz both have five to their names.

Last edited by Deja Vu on Thu May 28, 2015 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

[Copa del Rey Finale] FC Barcelona - Athletic Bilbao Empty Re: [Copa del Rey Finale] FC Barcelona - Athletic Bilbao

Post by neuro11 Thu May 28, 2015 4:41 pm

bilbao's promo is super boring Sleep

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

[Copa del Rey Finale] FC Barcelona - Athletic Bilbao Empty Re: [Copa del Rey Finale] FC Barcelona - Athletic Bilbao

Post by windkick Thu May 28, 2015 6:40 pm

For a second I though the person at the start of the Barca promo was Thomas Vermalean, lol

windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 28, 2015 7:49 pm

Aduriz, Mikel Rico, Gurpegi talking about Barca before the game.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri May 29, 2015 8:20 am

It's appropiate that the OP's name is Deja_vu for this final...

The main debate in Spain about the final these days is if there should be fines and penalties for the Clubs and supporters if (when) they whistle the spanish hymn and the king before the match. :facepalm:
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri May 29, 2015 10:14 am

free_cat wrote:It's appropiate that the OP's name is Deja_vu for this final...

The main debate in Spain about the final these days is if there should be fines and penalties for the Clubs and supporters if (when) they whistle the spanish hymn and the king before the match. :facepalm:

and that seems perfectly normal......

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri May 29, 2015 10:19 am

neuro11 wrote:
free_cat wrote:It's appropiate that the OP's name is Deja_vu for this final...

and that seems perfectly normal......

I think in a democracy it should be more normal to discuss about the football game than if the game should be suspended and the clubs and fans be fined because  people use their right of expression.

Nothing they can do about it, the hymn will be whistled and the game will be played, and they just have to deal with it. No one tried to fine or suspend the game when France's hymn was massively whistled in a Spain-France game at the Bernabeu some years ago... wonder why that might be...

#spain_is_pain
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 29, 2015 11:00 am

Perfectly normal?

Its normal to try and stop people whistling at a damn song without words by fining/banning/stopping the game?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri May 29, 2015 12:09 pm

I'm going to miss it.
rock consert
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri May 29, 2015 1:10 pm

I am a outsider and i dont know whether i should talk on this issue. But from the country's perspective, i thought its normal and any country would have done the same. Football or what nothing is above the country. So if a country feels it has been disrespected through an event be it music or sports or drama, or whatever, it can take action and that how i felt its normal. As i said any country would do that.

But is it justified?? a righteous action?? will it bring any good for the nation or democracy ?? i dont know and my statement was not at all directed to that.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri May 29, 2015 1:16 pm

The Franchise wrote:Perfectly normal?

Its normal to try and stop people whistling at a damn song without words by fining/banning/stopping the game?

what you have said, is not very clear to me. what do you mean by damn songs without words. Are you in general against paying respect to any national anthem or you are just supporting catalans in this case.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri May 29, 2015 3:58 pm

Freedom of speech is a thing. If they want to whistle they should be able too.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 29, 2015 4:47 pm

I don't know about Spain but in Germany there are clear laws that forbid the "denigration of the nation and its symbols". Unfortunately no English Wiki page but you could Google translate it to get the gist:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verunglimpfung_des_Staates_und_seiner_Symbole

The law (via Google Translate, I'm too lazy to translate properly myself):

(1) Whoever publicly, in a meeting or through dissemination of writings (§ 11 para. 3)

1. The Federal Republic of Germany or one of its Länder or its constitutional order insulted or makes maliciously maligning or
       2. The colors of the flag, the coat of arms or anthem of the Federal Republic of Germany or one of its countries vilified,

shall be punished with imprisonment up to three years or a fine.

(2) is also imposed on anyone who a flag publicly shown the Federal Republic of Germany or one of its Länder or a publicly mounted by an authority emblem of the Federal Republic of Germany or one of its countries removed, destroyed, damaged, useless or unrecognizable makes or commits insulting mischief in mind. The attempt is punishable.

(3) The punishment shall be imprisonment for up to five years or a fine if the offender intentionally committed by the offense for efforts against the existence of the Federal Republic of Germany or against constitutional principles.

I doubt it's different in many other countries.

Do I agree to make a big fuss out of it? No, let them whistle for 1 minute and get over it.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Fri May 29, 2015 7:28 pm

Same topic was brought up in 2009 and 2012 but nothing really happened and doubt that's gonna change this year.
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 29, 2015 10:30 pm

neuro11 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Perfectly normal?

what you have said, is not very clear to me. what do you mean by damn songs without words. Are you in general against paying respect to any national anthem or you are just supporting catalans in this case.

Well I am just trying to say, two teams are playing against each other who dont give a flying f about the anthem so why is it being played? Who does benefit, who is it for?

They dont want to hear it, so they will show their displeasure..I dont see whats wrong with that.

I find it amusing and at the sad time sad the steps being talked about (stopping the game) because of a song but the lip service with no action given to racism.

I am not against paying respect to an anthem, if someone wants to do that then go for it..it doesnt effect me in any way. But of nobody wants to hear it, why is it wrong to show that?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat May 30, 2015 9:24 am

I heard there's gonna be 60,000 Basques in Barcelona. It's guna be loud.

Sin doblete no hay triplete! This game is mega important. Come on, Barca!
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat May 30, 2015 11:08 am

Bilbao only defeated us once in last 24 games. well, if stat means anything Barca could not have got any better opponent for the final Laughing

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat May 30, 2015 12:14 pm

Suarez has been given the medical all clear as expected. All 23 first team players are called up for the game.

I expect the strongest XI of course... terStegen - Alves Pique Masch Alba - Busquets Raki Iniesta - Messi Suarez Neymar

Lets trash 'em.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat May 30, 2015 12:34 pm

The Basques are taking over Barcelona

[Copa del Rey Finale] FC Barcelona - Athletic Bilbao 11391256_10152797581206237_2450506241876907401_n

[Copa del Rey Finale] FC Barcelona - Athletic Bilbao 10341527_10152797589771237_8864828513255327378_n
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat May 30, 2015 12:42 pm

Wonder how the team will play. Feels as if the season has ended long time ago and I haven't watched a competitive Barca game for months. Hope the players aren't in holiday mood.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat May 30, 2015 1:00 pm

Why is the final at the Nou Camp? Thats extremely unfair to Bilbao?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat May 30, 2015 1:01 pm

There was a voting and Camp Nou won. It's best for the fans as it's the biggest venue.

I think last time we faced Bilbao in CdR final it was at San Mames so...
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MSN FTW Sat May 30, 2015 1:19 pm

linetty wrote:There was a voting and Camp Nou won. It's best for the fans as it's the biggest venue.

I think last time we faced Bilbao in CdR final it was at San Mames so...

No, it was at the Calderón.

Suarez back, MSN complete Very Happy
MSN FTW
MSN FTW
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sat May 30, 2015 2:38 pm

Good luck to the guys.
Hope, those of you who will watch it to enjoy a greeat game
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat May 30, 2015 3:24 pm

Very Happy Strange rule for the venue but I'll take it, essentially a home game then WOO HOO!

Second step in the treble, COME ON BARCA!!!!!
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next