Let's say we have 150m euros, who are the first 5 players you buy for Milan?

+27
Myesyats
Rossonero23
dostoevsky
Lupi
iftikhar
Doc
IrasMaldinista
Donuts
missjb
Based Bonera
uzonero
Dante
DeviAngel
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Casciavit
M99
•MilanDevil•
Ganso
Cookie Monster
futbol
Kick
Cruijf
Art Morte
shamr9pato
viepr149
Forza
31 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Let's say we have 150m euros, who are the first 5 players you buy for Milan? - Page 4 Empty Re: Let's say we have 150m euros, who are the first 5 players you buy for Milan?

Post by Doc Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:41 am

Because Dante and I like probably dislike Juventus with the equal amount of hate, I'm basically Milan by proxy.

While Jackson is a good forward, Bacca would have been my choice. Considerably more affordable and offers essentially the same forward presence. Ibra would definitely be another addition because it's f-ing Ibra and he is awesome. But since Milan unfortunately finish tenth, they literally only have their name as a bargaining tool. Yeah, not even wages you can compete with so our options are a bit limited.

For a bit of creativity in midfield, may I suggest Nolito of Celta de Vigo. Yes, historically Spaniards don't translate too well when making the switch to Serie A but different times so he can be a nice option. Also, Jonathas of Elche is a rather affordable options if Ibra is being a dick.

As much as I hate to give that annoying German credit, Futbol actually made sense in saying Song be a realistic option. Gonna even go so far to say Bartra be a decent option if CB options are few and far between (still think he is not good for anyone bar mid table La Liga clubs). If Milan really wanna convince a top stopper to come through, Otamendi could be a challenge and a half but again, all you have is your name. Don't even bother trying to get Isco, Godin, Miranda. Neither Atleti or Madrid would sell them unless you pay the minimum release clause which is too much.

And of course, Ganso mentioned doing what Porto does and scout the f outta Brasil but if I am not mistaken, Serie A only has 3 spots to register non EU players. Subject to correction.

Sorry for the La Liga focus, I know that one a lot better than Serie A and Bundesliga. BPL, I personally wouldn't recommend shopping there, just not gonna work out. I knows nothing about the French league.

Forza Milan.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Let's say we have 150m euros, who are the first 5 players you buy for Milan? - Page 4 Empty Re: Let's say we have 150m euros, who are the first 5 players you buy for Milan?

Post by Dante Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:49 am

brah , Milan embraces you and your hate towards the enemy Proud

will reply tomorrow it's late
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:27 am

Art Morte wrote:Dejan Lovren
Fabio Borini
Joe Allen
Iago Aspas
Luis Alberto

100m for the lot and if you act NOW, we'll throw in Kolo Toure as a pre-order bonus.
rofl rofl rofl
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:16 pm

iftikhar wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Dejan Lovren
Fabio Borini
Joe Allen
Iago Aspas
Luis Alberto

100m for the lot and if you act NOW, we'll throw in Kolo Toure as a pre-order bonus.
rofl rofl rofl

I don't even know who these players are Laughing

Doc wrote:Because Dante and I like probably dislike Juventus with the equal amount of hate, I'm basically Milan by proxy.

While Jackson is a good forward, Bacca would have been my choice. Considerably more affordable and offers essentially the same forward presence. Ibra would definitely be another addition because it's f-ing Ibra and he is awesome. But since Milan unfortunately finish tenth, they literally only have their name as a bargaining tool. Yeah, not even wages you can compete with so our options are a bit limited.

For a bit of creativity in midfield, may I suggest Nolito of Celta de Vigo. Yes, historically Spaniards don't translate too well when making the switch to Serie A but different times so he can be a nice option. Also, Jonathas of Elche is a rather affordable options if Ibra is being a dick.

As much as I hate to give that annoying German credit, Futbol actually made sense in saying Song be a realistic option. Gonna even go so far to say Bartra be a decent option if CB options are few and far between (still think he is not good for anyone bar mid table La Liga clubs). If Milan really wanna convince a top stopper to come through, Otamendi could be a challenge and a half but again, all you have is your name. Don't even bother trying to get Isco, Godin, Miranda. Neither Atleti or Madrid would sell them unless you pay the minimum release clause which is too much.

And of course, Ganso mentioned doing what Porto does and scout the f outta Brasil but if I am not mistaken, Serie A only has 3 spots to register non EU players. Subject to correction.

Sorry for the La Liga focus, I know that one a lot better than Serie A and Bundesliga. BPL, I personally wouldn't recommend shopping there, just not gonna work out. I knows nothing about the French league.

Forza Milan.

Ibrahimovic would have been hard to get either way , with our poor season it's just even harder to convince him . It's not impossible , i think it fully depends on the project that Milan has presented him and the if PSG' chairman is willing to let him go. It's uncertain , to say the least , but Milan would ascend with Ibra back in , he would make the difference .

I will admit that i haven't seen much of Bacca , a little i saw was in the EL . I don't really have an opinion about him , so it's only natural i preffered Martinez to him , someone brought him up days ago . You're probably right about him being more affordable and more or less in the same league as Martinez -although , allow me to have some doubts about this-.. however , i am reluctant to believe he would have translated his game with Milan in the same way.. mainly because Milan and the fans always is very judgemental of forwards who aren't / weren't a big name before. If Bacca came as a big signing and didn't actually create a bang .. he would end up as Matri and more importantly , we would be left without legit options for the attack once again. Bacca seems just another Ricardo Oliveira case , Bacca is a good player but being able to translate his A-game into success .... let's say at least Martinez has better credentials.

For the La Liga options , Nolito and Jonathas . You know , this is the kind of thing we used to do (k more or less) anyway. I am not saying these players can't be influental ; they could , certainly , under the right conditions . However , our mentality to get the Poli's and the Pazzini's to be protagonists lead us here ; Milan needs great players , such kind of players could be welcomed when the requirements of the great players are met ; without them , it all fails. Perhaps Nolito and Jonathas could prove to be better than most of our options at the moment , but they offer no guarantees of raising the level of the squad to where Milan deserves to be . Place them with an already established group and it's a vastly different scenario doe.

As for Bartra and Song , well i agree really. Even Song , he could be a legit option from the bench , although i never liked the dude , not even during his best days . Otamendi is a legit option , but it seems he will leave Valencia for crazy money when he does. Right now , we aren't an option for him tbh and i agree , neither we are for Isco , or Godin .

In any case , i think shopping from Atletico is a risky idea . I think most players are doing so well there because of what they have created over there with Simeone . Remove them from their surroundings and away from Simeone and you have no guarantees you will be getting the same player , except certain players that is , such as Arda Turan , or Griezmann . Not saying Miranda or Godin aren't worth it , far from it , but with most Atletico players under Simeone i have issues to believe they will be the same elsewhere. Before Simeone many of these players weren't even considered tbh. I would preffer Godin to Miranda , if i was to get someone from Atletico , but even then , i am pretty sure these players aren't looking to leave Atleti at this moment in time , not as long as Simeone is there and certainly not to come to play for a weakened Serie A , with a rebuilding Milan .

All in all , i like the way you went with players and i believe we will get a couple of such smart signings , don't know from where , but i am sure Milan will . Having said that , our major objective for the summer is to attract the biggest names we can get our hands upon . Only then the smart buyings will really be worth it . As difficult as it is , that's the plan really.

That's why getting players such as Ibra and Kongogbia and Martinez is so important , we will become attractive to the talents and in-form players around Europe once again. Before the downfall , every player asked of Milan said it would be an honour to wear our shirt and such things , now we became just another club interested. In order to get back to our standards , we will have to make these difficult signings reality , at least some of them .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:10 am

So seems like pato is on the verge of signing for Inter. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't upset. But that's life I suppose.
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:40 pm

Otamendi-Krychowiak-clasie-Firmino-doumbia-baselli
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:43 pm

Lupi wrote:Otamendi-Krychowiak-clasie-Firmino-doumbia-baselli

nice try
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:04 pm

Dante wrote:
Lupi wrote:Otamendi-Krychowiak-clasie-Firmino-doumbia-baselli

nice try
LOL

doumbia:
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:56 pm

wtf rofl

BTW

thank goodness we aren't actually getting Boateng back rofl

I also had a weird idea monents ago . What do you think of Sneijder at Milan ?? I got this very weird feeling that his name will be linked to Milan this summer ...
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:59 am

Dante wrote:wtf rofl

BTW

I also had a weird idea monents ago . What do you think of Sneijder at Milan ?? I got this very weird feeling that his name will be linked to Milan this summer ...

As the late Meryn Trant would say: "Too old"

Otamendi and Hummels are both impossible, Valencia are demanding 50m for Ota and Hummels is German, so yeah.

A player i've brought up countless times before, and i hope that we make a push for is Abdennour. He won't cost more than 25m i think, plus, he's relatively young (25) and he has experience in Europe on top of that.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:01 am

Guy was in every UCL team of the season too.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:08 am

El Shaarawy wrote:
Dante wrote:wtf rofl

BTW

As the late Meryn Trant would say: "Too old"

Otamendi and Hummels are both impossible, Valencia are demanding 50m for Ota and Hummels is German, so yeah.

A player i've brought up countless times before, and i hope that we make a push for is Abdennour. He won't cost more than 25m i think, plus, he's relatively young (25) and he has experience in Europe on top of that.

Last place i expected a quote by Meryn fk Trant , ES ffs Laughing

agreed on Otamendi and Hummels

shame i didn't really watch much football this season other than Milan , i am not even sure if i've even seen this Abdennour play. Milan football rekt me this season rofl

whatever , give me a legit CB . I mean , ok Rami had a bad relationship with Pippo , maybe he's returning to the lineup under Miha , maybe reports are correct and we may sell him . We can't depend on anybody else to get us to a CL place and even with just Rami , it isn't possible. Paletta and Mexes are good for the bench and Alex will probably leave

We better sign a really good CB , if Abdennour had such a great season , i say go for him
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:13 am

We need a new CB partnership. I wish we would get Rugani, but he's sadly owned by Juve.

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:16 am

We can always go for the next best thing in Romagnoli hmm, Roma already are stacked at CB with prime Astori, post NUFC Mbiwa, Stanolas the Manolas and Castan Strong. We do have Sinisa to coerce him, however i doubt Roma will let him go
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:45 pm

In the meeting of Monday in Arcore, Mihajlovic has decided that he'll play with the 4-3-1-2 formation

Let's say we have 150m euros, who are the first 5 players you buy for Milan? - Page 4 CHx6je5UwAIx7o-
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:44 pm

It's always a questionable decision to choose one formation so early given that we haven't got a functional squad at the moment. Unless, of course, he intends for us to buy players to fit that formation.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:16 pm

Well , in theory , that's the right way to do it tbh , since you are looking at specific types of players that you know will fit right into your plans , as opposed to getting players regardless of their position / prefferences / role and expecting the coach to make it all work . I am not saying 4-3-1-2 yaay ... but 2 years now we get players , regardless how they turn out , without them actually being evaluated on an already working plan . And it clearly didn't work .

Just look at the team , like Forza said , it's dysfunctional. We don't have an 11 material CF ffs . We played formations with wing play , but our only true winger was Ses and he was out for like the entire season again. Cerci plays like a second striker , no matter the formations Inzaghi used , he rarely acted as a pure winger. The rest , ain't nobody of them a true winger , Honda and Jack are players suited more to central play than anything else. They need space and chunks of freedom -both in space and time- to present their skills fully , not a lane to run at . Niang lol and Menez even more lol , just speed doesn't make you a winger really , not in 2015. So NO wingers ; and for 4-3-3 , we severely lack the quality . mostly in midfield , but also in the attack . You just have random players that never suit each other and half of them don't even meet requirements for 4-3-3 anyway , such as Pazzini and Destro . You could have Menez there at the centre but good luck finding a target point and bless you with Menez trying to be Messi really , lmfao what a fkn mess we have been.

So , if we could get Kondogbia , CFs apparently incoming , lack of real wingers , Miha apparently believes in this kind of play.. i can see why they would go with it tbh . They better sign some legit players doe , elsewise we will be near unwatchable .    

BTW , even before the Presidente ( Proud ) announced we want 3 strikers , people talked a lot about the 4-3-1-2 anyway , both because Miha played it a lot with Sampdoria but also because of the Jackson Martinez - Ibra talk .

I am ok with commiting to it , many teams actually commit to a certain formation and build accordingly. There's nothing wrong with that , i think that's a good thing actually , it allows you to plan ahead and draw certain lines with regards to which players we should be after e.t.c

However , my biggest of issues with this formation remains El Shaarawy and where will he play , will he get benched , i fear he may even get sold really. I really hope i am wrong about this and that it simply means Mihajlovic will be using SES like a very poor man's young Kaka , or something like that. Because there's no way he will become an Oscar , or a Pjanic .. Ses could be , let's say the Italian** version of Gotze.. make deep runs , run at defenders , try to focus his A-game on the counters e.t.c

If that doesn't happen , or fails and we are indeed sticking with this formation , forget about SES . Especially if we get the 2 strikers for the 11 , if he's to be part of the strikers , then he will ride the bench and probably get sold

Last edited by Dante on Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:23 pm

"Philippe Mexes and Sulley Muntari could both stay at Milan according to Mediaset and Sky Italia respectively."

Why? Mexes i'm fine with but Muntari needs to go, especially considering our wage bill and the implications of FFP.

Watch us start next season with a squad of 40
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:53 pm

Muntari Molenation

I suppose Muntari could be worth it for the bench , even though he's Muntari ffs ... On the other hand , it's just him and De Jong as pure defensive midfielders , if he leaves we would have to get someone of his mould anyway , we can't just expect De Jong to see out the entire season .

Or would you like it better if we got someone like Song to replace him maybe rofl , you just know Galliani would do something full of shite like that

Don't get me wrong , i would preffer Muntari to leave as well . But honestly , that's the last of my concerns , it's all about the 11 right now . I won't mourn if Muntari sits on the bench next season and i also don't care about his 3m either

In any case , it remains a rumour for now .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:22 pm

Muntari the same douchebag who said he won't play anymore games because he wasn't apart of the coach's plans, and we are renewing him??

This club is run by clowns.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Based Bonera Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:45 pm

I dont mind the formation thing. It shows that miha has an actual plan and wants employ those tactics. I'm also worried about El Shaarawy but maybe he could workout as a 2nd striker or something. IMO, he would really excel there.

Muntari staying here is a frickin' joke though.
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:34 pm

So, we blew 65m on Kondogbia (Yet to be concluded) and Martinez. How would you guys spend the rest of the money? hmm

For me, i'd go something like this (Mind, its a bit ambitious lol)

Jovetic 25m (Based on reports, we are after him, also we have a good relationship with City)
Abdennour 25m
Romagnoli 15m (A bit tinfoily but i hope Sinisa can bring him hmm)
Maher 20m (Someone who can feed the 2 up top)

We could probably do without Maher if we play Honda/Suso behind the strikers, and reprioritize on getting a creative CM
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:41 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:So, we blew 65m on Kondogbia (Yet to be concluded) and Martinez. How would you guys spend the rest of the money? hmm

For me, i'd go something like this (Mind, its a bit ambitious lol)

Jovetic 25m (Based on reports, we are after him, also we have a good relationship with City)
Abdennour 25m
Romagnoli 15m (A bit tinfoily but i hope Sinisa can bring him hmm)
Maher 20m (Someone who can feed the 2 up top)

We could probably do without Maher if we play Honda/Suso behind the strikers, and reprioritize on getting a creative CM

hmmm , so far we've blown 0m. Let's take a quick look at the facts here.

J. Martinez isn't official yet and Gandini said on twitter that Colombia won't allow any medicals untill they are out of the Copa America. Same situation for Falcao and Chelsea . With such a delay... you never know what could happen .  A 100% done dealio player would just say 'i look forward to Milan' and that's it. Martinez said pretty much said i will think on it all. Let's see what happens , he should probably come in the end , but surely we haven't spend 65m just yet .

On Kondogbia , there is this optimism for the deal happening very soon , but if it's true that Barcelona and Real are interested , never mention the rest of the competition from both Serie A and EPL clubs , i must say it will be quite difficult to sign the player. Even if we are indeed very close , 30+m on him is the result of the competition and Monaco wanting hard cash . Who cares if he's worth 30m+ or not ; what matters is we get our n1 option. This is what makes great teams , getting your priority targets . I can't care less how much we spend on Kondogbia tbh .

And with all the being said , even if we do end up signing the two players ;

Martinez is a Porto player , you want one of their best players , you pay up. Martinez isn't worth 35m , he's worth around 15 to 20m , but no matter who's interested , will have to pay 35m to get the player . Neither is Kondogbia worth anywhere near 30 to 35 , but again there's big competition for his signature and Monaco only sells because they need money now. It's all fair game , it's up to us to be competitive and i am glad we do not pussy out .

If we do end up paying 65m for these two , i would consider it great news indeed . And the biggest reason would be , if we actually do spend 65m on two players then this means we have a lot more than 100m to spend this summer ; i am pretty sure Berlusconi was honest when he said we will pay what's necessary ; this summer , we don't have a budget.

We will get players who are willing to play for Milan , no matter their price . Perhaps some of our A options reject us and we don't spend like that for every player we get , but there's no doubt from what i see this summer , money won't be a problem as long as the player wants to sign for Milan .

With that in mind , i literaly cannot care less if we spend 65m on 2 players. I'll be extremely happy even , because there will be a message out there again for all great and promising players , that Milan is serious once again .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:46 pm

Based Bonera wrote:I dont mind the formation thing. It shows that miha has an actual plan and wants employ those tactics. I'm also worried about El Shaarawy but maybe he could workout as a 2nd striker or something. IMO, he would really excel there.

Muntari staying here is a frickin' joke though.

he's already a second striker. Problem is , as a SS he will probably get benched a lot , especially if we make great transfers up front .

As for Muntari , yeh fk him . I want him out , but what can we do . If they plan to keep him for the bench , then so be it. I am not so confident a potential replacement would be that much better anyway . Muntari is 100% meant for the bench , he either agrees and stays , or doesn't and simply goes away. If he does leave , we will have to look for a player that will be mostly sitting on the bench and i am not sure if we could get someone that would be at least as good at him.

He's more or less a cnt , but as a bench option to De Jong , i can't really say it's a bad idea , whoever got it , Miha or the management.

But yeah , it's his behaviour and actions that is the issue here , so for that alone i want him out . Unbelievable that a player did the things Muntari did and they keep him around , but that's the clowns like Casciavit said
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:31 am

For his behavior alone he needs to go. And personally i don't really care if his replacement is better right now. Get someone young with potential and groom him to replace De Jong. Better than keeping a clown, no matter how many minutes he gets.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:54 am

Since Kondogbia is no longer coming. I'd say let's just get Witsel and Xhaka for midfield. We can get both players for 35 million instead of splashing it all out on Kondogbia. And there is Imbula too.
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next