The Franchise
Valkyrja
Dante
Harmonica
Beautiful Football
28 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sacchi: Ibrahimovic has superior skills to Messi - Page 2 Empty Re: Sacchi: Ibrahimovic has superior skills to Messi

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:01 pm

terrance511 wrote:run is overrated, static on 1 side dragging 2 defenders alone > any pretentious run

Congrats, you have told us all you hve no idea what your talking about Laughing

Why would you compare two totally different things? One when you have the ball and another when you do not?

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sacchi: Ibrahimovic has superior skills to Messi - Page 2 Empty Re: Sacchi: Ibrahimovic has superior skills to Messi

Post by Kick Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:21 pm

I care about what Sacchi has to say as much as I care about what Pele says.

Their opinions remain nothing more than opinions. Unless the person is currently working in the industry, their opinion is irrelevant.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:37 pm

Ibra is more complete than Messi because he can physically do more (not saying Ibra is better obviously)... but carry on lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:52 pm

Harmonica wrote:Messi is the most talented and complete player to play the game, so no I do not agree.

Messi is complete ? Laughing

i guess physical prowess isn't part of " complete " anymore . hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:06 pm

Or goal keeping. Apparently that isn't considered a football skill either. Or defensive talent as well.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:20 pm

and what about something as basic as ambidexterity ? Messi's right foot is pretty crap .

( in before Harmonica stats about Messi's right foot goals )
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:42 am

sportsczy wrote:Ibra is more complete than Messi because he can physically do more (not saying Ibra is better obviously)... but carry on lol.

the physical argument against Messi i a horse chit. He is small, but in no way he is weak, of course not Ibra strong, but strong enough to make him complete.

The only problem he has to be called complete is his hight hindering his headers, and perhaps defensive work-rate too.

EDIT: little something for those of you who think Ibra only scores taekwondo goals

Sacchi: Ibrahimovic has superior skills to Messi - Page 2 Funny-gifs-soccer-troll
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:46 am

It would certainly be interesting to see how these two players were if they were the same height. There's no way Messi would be as amazing a dribbler if he was Zlatan's height - and arguably Messi's dribbling is his biggest strength.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:10 pm

Kick wrote:I care about what Sacchi has to say as much as I care about what Pele says.

Their opinions remain nothing more than opinions. Unless the person is currently working in the industry, their opinion is irrelevant.

Completely different IMO. Pele is a former player, he clearly knows very little about the game and never has, like most players. Sacchi on the other hand is one of the greatest managers in history, so of course people take his opinion seriously.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:19 pm

Art Morte wrote:It would certainly be interesting to see how these two players were if they were the same height. There's no way Messi would be as amazing a dribbler if he was Zlatan's height - and arguably Messi's dribbling is his biggest strength.

If grandma had moustache she'd be a grandpa
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:34 pm

Fun fact 14-15

Zlatan 1 header goal being the tall target man.
Messi 6 header goals being the short play maker.

hmm
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:38 pm

As if Zlatan has been playing ' the tall target man' at PSG.

Honestly, though, Messi for me is the best player ever to play the game. However, I'm inclined to think that Zlatan is the more talented of the two, just hasn't got as ideal a physical figure as Messi to excel at football.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:20 pm

Zlatan is great, but Zlatan himself isn't more talented than Messi. Zlatan is great, but there are some players who are more naturally gifted than Zlatan. I personally think that Berbatov is more talented than Zlatan.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:24 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Zlatan is great, but Zlatan himself isn't more talented than Messi. Zlatan is great, but there are some players who are more naturally gifted than Zlatan. I personally think that Berbatov is more talented than Zlatan.

pls be carefull next time , that was ban worthy imo
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:19 pm

Art Morte wrote:As if Zlatan has been playing ' the tall target man' at PSG.

Honestly, though, Messi for me is the best player ever to play the game. However, I'm inclined to think that Zlatan is the more talented of the two, just hasn't got as ideal a physical figure as Messi to excel at football.

Actually he has on more than one occasion lol... especially this past season with all the struggles early on. PSG actually played hoof ball to him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:22 pm

eelir wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Ibra is more complete than Messi because he can physically do more (not saying Ibra is better obviously)... but carry on lol.

the physical argument against Messi i a horse chit. He is small, but in no way he is weak, of course not Ibra strong, but strong enough to make him complete.

The only problem he has to be called complete is his hight hindering his headers, and perhaps defensive work-rate too.

EDIT: little something for those of you who think Ibra only scores taekwondo goals

Sacchi: Ibrahimovic has superior skills to Messi - Page 2 Funny-gifs-soccer-troll

Not really... ibra can play the 10, the wing, targetman CF, false 9 and is a big presence both on attack and defensively in the air. Not to mention he can play in any system from tiki taka to Mourinho's without a problem (and he has at the highest level).

So when you talk about "completeness"... it's not even close. Ibra just has a lot more tools going for him. But Messi is obviously the better player.

Completeness is a completely separate argument than who is the better player.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:04 pm

To further add to Sports, despite not allowed to shine at Pep's Barca, Ibra is the sort of player who can shine anywhere no matter which team he goes to. Whereas, Messi is the sort who depends on his teammates to protagonize him in order to shine.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:29 am

This thread Laughing
I'm inclined to think that zlatan is the more talented, the more gifted, thus has more variety in his game, and also zlatan is the more complete player that I wonder how we can even say otherwise with a straight face.
But then again, how do we really define talent? Really, isn't that word over emphasised? Or overrated even? In fact, how do you even judge that? People equate talent as more unpredictable, more fun to watch, having variety of ways to do things, but is that really true?for example, Neymar and isco are 10 times more unpredictable than messi but does that make him more talented? They are more effortless and more enjoyable to watch, but does that make them more talented? Heck, even jeorge valdano once said messi was the best dribbler but neymar could get past 10 players in 10 different ways, so he prefared Neymar's style over messi's, but im pretty sure thesame valdano would take messi 9 times out of 10 over Neymar. Heck, I find a compilation of neymar's and ibra's best goals more spontaneous, intersting, more magical with more variety in them as opposed to messi's (while fantastic) predictable dribbles again and again without doing anything new, but what does that even change? Isn't the fact that messi does the same things over and over again genius in itself? Or is being a genius and being talented 2 seperate concepts?
Now, what I'm trying to say is who really cares about such things when I'd rather have messi in my team 9 times out of 10 times over all these other so called more talented/genius players, When messis footballing I.Q is quite all that is needed to excel at the highest level.
So, IMO, I consider players like ibra, Neymar, isco more talented and more enjoyable to watch than messi, but who the *bleep* cares, its like saying R.Carlos > Maldini just because he was more talented.
So, what's more important is that messi with he's footballing I.Q beats ALL other players anyway of the week and thats all that really matters.

Last edited by Bankz on Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:39 am; edited 3 times in total
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:31 am

ah the good old if he's taller he must be more complete argument.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:38 am

Donuts wrote:ah the good old if he's taller he must be more complete argument.
It's not really an argument, it's an announcement that you're a complete dunderhead.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:44 am

Harmonica wrote:
It's not really an argument, it's an announcement that you're a complete dunderhead.

You can't deny that Messi's missing quite a few inches, so he's not complete.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:50 am

ahmad25 wrote:If it was an individual sport only thing they would need is dribbling. No height no long shoots no jumping would be useful. Considering dribbling 1 player is like drinking coffee for messi then Ibra would need another 5 ibra to stop messi's goal against getafe for example

Right on broh.

A Messi - Ibra 1v1 would be a landslide win to Messi.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:54 am

sportsczy wrote:
eelir wrote:

Not really...  ibra can play the 10, the wing, targetman CF, false 9 and is a big presence both on attack and defensively in the air.  Not to mention he can play in any system from tiki taka to Mourinho's without a problem (and he has at the highest level).

Ibra can't play as a winger, and listing false 9, ten, CF and striker (all mostly the same position) to make him appear more complete is funny.

Messi can play anywhere in attack, even as CM and is better at everything, even headers. Ibra, for all his height, can't head a ball to save his life and kung-fu kicks it all the time, and can't bring a ball down without fouling.

Also Ibra can't play tiki-taka (whatever that is), as he is hopeless in tight spaces.

Last edited by free_cat on Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:08 am; edited 2 times in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:58 am

Harmonica wrote:

calm your nipples big boy
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:03 am

Ibra's goal at ajax is probably the best goal I've seeing in my life tho. That goal >>> all goals in this generation tbh including he's POS goal against England (dunno why I hate that goal so much tbh), pretty meh.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:04 am

Donuts wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

calm your nipples big boy
I didn't mean you of course,

or did I? hmm
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next