RealGunner
Tomwin Lannister
Valkyrja
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kaladin
84 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch

Post by Thimmy Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:10 pm

I don't know if Ander doesn't mention himself because he doesn't consider himself one of the main players on the team, or if he's simply being humble. I do think he's been among the top performers under Ole, though. He's definitely an important part of the team.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:07 pm

He was unbelievable man.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:18 am

obviously he turned into one of the greatest goalscorers of all time at Madrid but he was just insane to watch back then
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:21 am

Yes, in terms of goalscoring, Ronaldo at Madrid was second to none. But the dude who played for United was unplayable. He may have not scored as many goals, but he was a complete all-rounder and a ruthless beast who made defenders soil themselves. To this day, I still feel sorry for Ashley Cole and Piqué.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:40 am

watching people talk about ronaldo now is a bit like that time i cought that 100lbs fish. Wink
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:42 am

Phil Jones has signed a new four-and-a-half-year deal at Manchester United that will keep him at the club until 2023.

United, who signed Jones from Blackburn in 2011, have the option to extend the centre-back's contract by a further 12 months.

ole pulling them out the bag now Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:11 pm

I don’t think Ole has any influence over transfers or contract signings, at this point. As it stands, he’s only an interim coach.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:17 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:23 pm

rofl
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:56 pm

Ffs rofl
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:07 pm

Thimmy wrote:I don't know if Ander doesn't mention himself because he doesn't consider himself one of the main players on the team, or if he's simply being humble. I do think he's been among the top performers under Ole, though. He's definitely an important part of the team.

Dont even want to go in to talking about how moronho kept on mismanaging Ander. Putting on the bench and playing Fking Fellaini and McTominay ahead of him. Really makes me angry. How a guy who has giving stats similar to Kante and who was voted the player of the season by the fans in Jose's first season was immediately sent to the bench the next season. And despite all that, never ever complained, loved the club to bits and always stayed a model professional. Absolute gold of a guy, for us.

Anyway, what he's doing right now, is hardly surprising for people like me who never doubted him, you know despite his failings (owing to lack of game time in the last couple of seasons mostly). And yea he is one of the most or if not the most important player for us. The guy makes us tick. Runs and runs and covers for 3 players, Pogba, Matic and Young. He is the link. Without him, we aint the same team. (2-2 draw against Burnley).

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:24 pm

I totally agree with you, Glory. Herrera is a beast since Ole’s appointment.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:10 pm

Ole is legit AF, tbh. He's not fluking wins with a strong squad, he actually has the team doing what he wants them to do, relatively perfectly. ALL IN.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:11 pm

cant even hate on oli tbh he is a nice guy.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:11 pm

This Chelsea team is fucking horrible
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:15 pm

Kaladin wrote:This Chelsea team is fucking horrible

No doubt. But look at how we were playing under Mourinho to now, it's staggering. We've also beaten Spurs and Arsenal.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:26 am

It's been 2 months and 13 games since Ole was appointed as our caretaker-manager after Jose Mourinho was sacked. What's the biggest improvement he brought with himself? It's also the easiest one to observe. Obviously, it is bringing back the cheerfulness and the pleasure of doing their job in the players' mindset. It is a strong reminder and just another proof of how important is the mentality and the general mood of a person or around a group. The atmosphere at the club is amazing.

The vibe between the players on and off the pitch, Ole's relationship with mass-media, the high spirits all over the club...this is what makes United click right now. It's like trying to work on reaching your goals being depressive in comparison to being super confident and happy with what you're doing. It's simple as that.

We've beaten Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea, all of them away. We've had a run of 10 games unbeaten, with 9 victories and one draw. Was it a bounce effect after Mou's sacking? Probably yes. Was it also Ole's positive attitude? Most likely yes. Are we playing like an elite team, truly dominating the opposition and being in total control of the games? Not really. Do we have the players to do that? Probably not. Can we compete with this squad for the EPL or UCL? I don't think so. Did Ole change a lot, tactically speaking? Not really.

He did some vital changes though (Pogba is being played more advanced, Herrera getting a more important role in the midfield near Matic, Lukaku benched etc.), but he didn't change the team upside down, which is quite a natural approach if you arrive at a club mid-season. Are we playing considerably more offensive? Yes and no. We continue to defend, especially against top teams which have many technically gifted players, but at least we have a game plan consisting in very clear and straightforward attacking scenarios which was so far implemented excellently. Therefore, when we face smaller teams, we kill the games easier.

Ole is giving the players a lot of credit publicly for what they're doing right, but he's also infusing determination and tenacity when things aren't going as smooth as he wants. So far, his presence was brilliant. Calm and focused, happy and determined, classy and polite. Reminds me of Zidane. Looking at the match on Stamford Bridge, I almost forgot the bad game our team had against PSG, because the players acted like that loss never happened.

It's exactly the opposite of what Mourinho was doing. The Portuguese liked to shame our players in his post match reactions and whenever he wanted to praise someone, he was usually praising the wrong guys. Insisted on speaking highly of Fellaini, when in fact the Belgian was incredibly mediocre. Mourinho was always defensive in his attitude, always protecting his ego, always complicating stuff, always complaining about injuries, about referees. He never cared about others' needs, only focused on his primal fears and it was the same on the pitch, a mirror perfect reflection of himself. Everybody trying to play for themselves, over complicating everything, there were too many touches.

Everything they did, they did with a defensive and negative mindset. We are still defending on the pitch, like I said above, but the mindset is that of a warrior, of a winner. We don't see cowards on the pitch, we see winners, fighters and this simple shift in mentality is probably the most important one that needed to happen.

Every time and everywhere in life, joy and passion will bring efficacy in one's job. Pogba is the greatest example. He became our top scorer in no time and he bangs them regularly, while he's also giving lots of assists. All of a sudden, the same player is brutally transformed. And that's not because of better planning of training sessions, or hugely improved tactics, it is mainly because he now has the courage, the freedom and most importantly, the support to make a real statement.

We seem to now have a solid base of principles that can guide our team to rebuild a strong philosophy of playing football, exactly like it was at City with Guardiola in his first season, at Liverpool with Klopp or at Spurs with Poch. There are many obstacles ahead, it will be very difficult and it may take 2 or 3 years, but if the team keeps winning and fighting like this, I'd say it would be a no brainer to give the job to somebody else than Solskjaer.

Last edited by Vlad the Impaler on Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:46 am

Vlad the Impaler wrote:And that's not because of better planning of training sessions, or hugely improved tactics, it is mainly because he now has the courage, the freedom and most importantly, the support to make a real statement.

I disagree with the boldened statement. Man United's training sessions have changed quite drastically after Ole took over. In addition to giving special attention to the progress of Rashford and Martial in training, he brought with him Mike Phelan to oversee United's training sessions. Mike Phelan has been described as, perhaps the most important person in SAF's previous coaching staff - who departed the club after Ferguson retired. The simple fact that he is on board once again, is quite a substantial change.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:05 am

Thimmy wrote:
Vlad the Impaler wrote:And that's not because of better planning of training sessions, or hugely improved tactics, it is mainly because he now has the courage, the freedom and most importantly, the support to make a real statement.

I disagree with the boldened statement. Man United's training sessions have changed quite drastically after Ole took over. In addition to giving special attention to the progress of Rashford and Martial in training, he brought with him Mike Phelan to oversee United's training sessions. Mike Phelan has been described as, perhaps the most important person in SAF's previous coaching staff - who departed the club after Ferguson retired. The simple fact that he is on board once again, is quite a substantial change.

What I was trying to say was not that the training sessions are not better. I was trying to say that what's happening with Pogba is mainly because of a shift in attitude. He instantly clicked again like he did at Juve or like he does for France, right after Ole came. Pogba was already a great player and we know that from various reasons. He didn't have the right environment under Mourinho.

But yeah @Thimmy, bringing Mike Phelan was a glorious decision and a very important step in the whole process. Smile
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:28 pm

The way his team plays reminds me a lot of Fergie's United, especially the match against Chelsea was reminiscent of one of those days. While Fergie's United were no scrubs in controlling the tempo, when they felt they could sit back and counter they gladly did so. The counter attacks that United did were very quick but calculated, you felt the movements were repeated in training that became second nature to them.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:36 pm

Aaaand I am sold. GIVE THE MAN THE JOB.

Dont think the players will play like they did in that 2nd half for any other manager. Just so sweet to see. The fans are behind, the whole vibe is back. Want it to be preserved now. The faith has to put, now surely. He just might be da man. cheers

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:56 pm

These players aren't as bad as Mourinho made them look. Solskjær has done a great job in getting the best out of them despite having a short time with them.

Last edited by danyjr on Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:22 pm

Huge improvement so far, that's been said a lot of times and easy to observe obviously. I am proud of Ole and what he is doing and super happy for him, but I am sure it would be wiser to wait until the end of the season. He should be the #1 on the list right now, but it's still to soon to draw any conclusions in my opinion. Smile
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:11 pm

No I understand. But my thinking right now is despite players showing this much commitment, if the board doesnt give him the job still, they might slowly start to feel you know a bit indifferent. We have to have them focused for this last part of the season and an announcement now will do really well in terms of motivating the ravaged squad.
Anyway, lets see. Happy either way.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:28 pm

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:55 pm

Would Andreas even be in mou's radar? Feel like if mou were still around all we would hear about is the injuries. Ole is like "injuries? No problem, I'll bring io some lad from the cantera" and here we are.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next