Valkyrja
halamadrid2
44 posters

Page 28 of 35 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 31 ... 35  Next

Go down

Preseason discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: Preseason discussion

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:49 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Jeez Hazard is so fat. Someone get this guy off my screen  until he loses weight

Haven't you noticed that Chelsea has been screwing Madrid over repeatedly and mercilessly in recent years? It's like every player they send our way comes with a package, and by package, I mean a steaming pile of mellow monkey crap.

Ok. Courtois? And then who else?

Have you got any other mode of posting than relentless, merciless hyperbole?

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:52 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Jeez Hazard is so fat. Someone get this guy off my screen  until he loses weight

Haven't you noticed that Chelsea has been screwing Madrid over repeatedly and mercilessly in recent years? It's like every player they send our way comes with a package, and by package, I mean a steaming pile of mellow monkey crap.

Of course he hasn’t
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:52 pm

Kubinho with much more involvement than Isco ffs
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:54 pm

Vinicious brings instant spark to the team. That LM spot should be his. I think Hazard and Benz could do really well next to eachother. That leaves the RM spot and I think that should be between Kubo, Rodrygo and Brahimi

Navas is so much better than Courtois i am almost ashamed to mention the clown in the same breath as the Tico man
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:55 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:Kubinho with much more involvement than Isco ffs
Isco is important to our play but man he can't shake his weight. I am officially on the Kubo hype train. He is damn good
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:55 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Vinicious brings instant spark to the team. That LM spot should be his. I think Hazard and Benz could do really well next to eachother. That leaves the RM spot and I think that should be between Kubo, Rodrygo and Brahimi

Navas is so much better than Courtois i am almost ashamed to mention the clown in the same breath as the Tico man

Ok, then don't stop there. Go on to line up the corresponding two man midfield Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:57 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Vinicious brings instant spark to the team. That LM spot should be his. I think Hazard and Benz could do really well next to eachother. That leaves the RM spot and I think that should be between Kubo, Rodrygo and Brahimi

Navas isn't so much better lol. The Courtois hate is so wild.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:58 pm

The less i see of Kroos-Modric the better. Casemiro comes in and the aforementioned 2 can fight for the ultimate spot. Win win. Both Hazard and Benz drop deep anyways so we never get outnumbered
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:03 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

You would have to excuse my hyperbolic rant. I'm sure that if my club had nothing going on like yours, I would spend my time cheaply attacking other members over little things in order to distract them, and most of all myself, from the fact that my club sucks.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:04 pm

Freeza wrote:

Navas isn't so much better lol. The Courtois hate is so wild.

RIP our scoreline if Courtois started today
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:05 pm

Rolling Eyes
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:20 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

That might as well have been a description of yourself hmm

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:27 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

You would have to excuse my hyperbolic rant. I'm sure that if my club had nothing going on like yours, I would spend my time cheaply attacking other members over little things in order to distract them, and most of all myself, from the fact that my club sucks.

If we're honest, the amounts to which both of our clubs "suck" at the moment must be seen rather 'relatively', compared to the situation in thousands of other clubs.
On top of the fact that it's football, not global warming or social injustice, we're talking about.

So while I too do rant and vent about the current dealings at my club, (and therefore am not trying to distract anyone from anything, as can be seen in my posts about Bayern) I do think that it's a bit undignified and silly to earnestly and constantly lose one's shit about this stuff without a sense of proportion or selfawareness.

Also, bottom line I will always be looking forward to next season, Kovac or not, Sané or not.

Obviously, with that sense of proportion in mind, I will gladly excuse you for the things you post on a web forum, it's not like anyone's being hurt.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:11 pm

we sold Morata to Chelsea for 90 mil....
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:49 pm

People, pls.

Hans' schtick is to basically say something inflammatory or intellectually unsubstantial, often times he does both at once and i suspect that he often does it without being self-aware of his lunacy.

I can understand replying to him for fun banter but why take him seriously? Are you that deluded? I never reply to him cause what he posts is garbage, even as banter. Wake up.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:55 pm

I'm going to take this as a compliment Proud
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:58 pm

Nice spirit on surface but your responses concerning other topics suggest you are not as intellectually or emotionally grounded as you may like to think.

Preseason discussion - Page 28 Giphy
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:58 pm

what other topics for example
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:02 pm

From cursory recall i can bring up your reactions to stuff from Jordan Peterson or to your reactions to my matriarchy thread.

The matriarchy thread contains a lot of tongue in cheek crap from my part that i admit may be hard to detect for most, and for good reason, but even then your responses give me the hint that again, you're not as "cool" below the surface as you probably think.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:08 pm

Just took a look at it again and I stand by every of my posts there, including the ones about Schnitzel and electronic music.

These, as opposed to what players get bought by whom, are serious matters and I don't intent to remain 'cool' about them just for the sake of it
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:15 pm

You may be honestly missing my point (and thus proving it), or you may be somewhat subconsciously avoiding it, and i'll leave it there.

Back to let my peers keep exaggerating preseason performances.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:18 pm

I honestly don't know. I may be.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:27 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:If we're honest, the amounts to which both of our clubs "suck" at the moment must be seen rather 'relatively', compared to the situation in thousands of other clubs.
On top of the fact that it's football, not global warming or social injustice, we're talking about.

So while I too do rant and vent about the current dealings at my club, (and therefore am not trying to distract anyone from anything, as can be seen in my posts about Bayern) I do think that it's a bit undignified and silly to earnestly and constantly lose one's shit about this stuff without a sense of proportion or selfawareness.

Also, bottom line I will always be looking forward to next season, Kovac or not, Sané or not.

Obviously, with that sense of proportion in mind, I will gladly excuse you for the things you post on a web forum, it's not like anyone's being hurt.

You started off by claiming you were going to be honest in your response, but I ended up being disappointed with yet another false claim of yours.

So instead of retaliating in similar fashion as you (as in condescendingly with a false sense of agreeableness and disingenuous courtesy), I'll go straight to the point:

You made your personal attack after I made the following two posts:

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Let this be a lesson to all the cheapskate clubs out there. You have to spend to improve, there's no other way around it.

Just take Madrid's example for instance. Just a few months ago, we used to suck really bad. Then, our president decided to put an end to it and he spent €300m worth of talent, and look at them now:

Spoiler:

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Haven't you noticed that Chelsea has been screwing Madrid over repeatedly and mercilessly in recent years? It's like every player they send our way comes with a package, and by package, I mean a steaming pile of mellow monkey crap.

Two semiserious posts that were meant to be taken humorously, and you would've taken them that way as well hadn't you had a serious problem holding distaste for a certain someone you don't even know. There was nothing hyperbolic about my two posts, and no, my "mode of posting" doesn't revolve around exagerating. Never did actually. You would know that if you bothered to read what I actually write for once rather than immediately jumping to conclusions that better suit your preconceived notion of me . But I guess, when you don't like someone, even if they wrote "Hello", you would still find something wrong with it.

Now, I really pride myself on being a respectful member of GL. Even if I sometimes fail to, I always try my best to be respectful of everybody. But what do you do when there's a member who, let's face it, dislikes you even when you show them nothing but respect? You take it back.

I think I gave you more chances than anybody else I ignored to be the bigger man and stop this childish way of thinking, but unfortunately you can't help yourself. So, let me help you here whilst changing my tone a little bit: this is the way I write and I won't change it for the world. If you don't like it, swallow it, smash your head against the wall or simply ignore it. But whatever you do, please don't include me in it.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:34 pm

That's kind of my point Demon, in my personal case, i respect trollish banter from peeps who are self-aware and mentally articulate enough to be deemed "cool," but Hans is not that pure.

I am of course.

Preseason discussion - Page 28 Giphy
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:39 pm

Ok, I think I'm getting interested now Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:10 pm

Basically, it is rare to find people who are cool enough to be considerably intelligent, open-minded, self-aware, funny, AND fundamentally well-meaning.  

What i'm positing is that you don't quite fulfill all those requirements, and as a reader and poster i tend to look past what you write as i don't find it funny and it is usually antagonistic against us in a manner that is not necessarily as purely tongue in cheek or intellectually sound as you may think it is.

Most people don't fulfill all of these requirements, not even I do many times of course.

I'll go ahead and say that the best poster award that this forum has ever seen would probably go to Nick.

Futbol bill- Senile
Sports- knowledgable but helplessly biased
van deez- can be smart but is more flawed than i originally thought

etc.

That's my two cents.

Last edited by The Madrid One on Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 35 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 31 ... 35  Next