Jay29
MJ
Vlad the Impaler
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Sri
45 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 27 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:42 pm

Plays centre only when Giroud is injured/needs a rest.

Should say that I'm pro-Welbeck starting too but Wenger needs some convincing to bench world class Giroud.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 27 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:54 pm

Welbeck is more of a striker than Walcott imo. But I agree, both seem to be at their best in counters.
Arsenal rarely play counter football, no?

That's why I thought it was strange the other day when Wenger started Giroud and then brought on Walcott when you were crowding the opposition for a goal late on.
Was it Liverpool?

Seemed like the exact wrong order. Walcott is useless parked in the 6 yard box.

No doubt Giroud is the weakest point in Arsenal's first 11 now, I don't disagree.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:11 pm

The problem is not giroud or Walcott or welbeck but when to use which skill set, because all of them have different traits. Like Walcott started against Newcastle but giroud would have been better so that Ramsey and Alexis can play off him, which Walcott simply doesn't allow. We can achieve better things with these strikers but only we apply a scenario based approach as to which should play when!!
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:15 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Welbeck is more of a striker than Walcott imo. But I agree, both seem to be at their best in counters.
Arsenal rarely play counter football, no?

That's why I thought it was strange the other day when Wenger started Giroud and then brought on Walcott when you were crowding the opposition for a goal late on.
Was it Liverpool?

Seemed like the exact wrong order. Walcott is useless parked in the 6 yard box.

No doubt Giroud is the weakest point in Arsenal's first 11 now, I don't disagree.

You're totally right here of course, as I said before it's probably the worst sub you can make. Look at the difference when Giroud came on for Walcott against Newcastle, they had already dropped off so Giroud coming on at that point made sense.

Why Wenger doesn't see this is anyone's guess. Maybe he sees it but likes Giroud too much to become a regular bench player.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:30 pm

Yeah, since Wenger bought Giroud and starts Giroud I guess he rates Giroud.
And it's not like Giroud isn't a very good striker.

Guess Wenger appreciates certain qualities of Giroud, hold up play, combinations etc, so much that they outweigh his (for my feeling) lack of goal threat, compared to the strikers available.

Pretty sure if Benzema or Lewandowski were available, Wenger wouldn't hesitate, but the options you long for don't seem to be worth it for him.

Guess that's something you just have to live with.

I still think Arsenal have a great team now and I'd like to think you'll be challenging for the title this season.
City after adding De Bruyne are a bit scary though.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:58 pm

Well if he thinks he can win the league with Giroud up front then I'm not surprised he hasn't won a league title in 11 years.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:08 pm

Thoughts on Jonathan Walters?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:12 pm

Reports in Russia say Dynamo Moscow have refused an Arsenal loan bid for Alexsandr Kokorin.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:20 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Well if he thinks he can win the league with Giroud up front then I'm not surprised he hasn't won a league title in 11 years.

That's really harsh and you know it.

There are a million reasons why we haven't won the league in all these years. Giroud is not one of them.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:26 pm

http://www.90min.com/posts/2510665-10-things-that-will-definitely-happen-on-transfer-deadline-day?a_aid=35260

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:31 pm

srigooner wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Well if he thinks he can win the league with Giroud up front then I'm not surprised he hasn't won a league title in 11 years.

That's really harsh and you know it.

There are a million reasons why we haven't won the league in all these years. Giroud is not one of them.

Imo it's nothing against giroud , he said '' if he ( Wenger ) thinks he can win the league with Giroud up front ... '' . giroud is actually doing a great job for the team but just imagine having the RVP of last 2 years at Arsenal in this team.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:45 pm

Arsenal are interested in Cavani, Rabiot and Verratti but they've received little encouragement. (Telegraph)

Laughing Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:52 pm

Matt Law or Jeremy Wilson? hmm
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:54 pm

Jeremy

If that's legit then lmao at asking for verratti. PSG selling their best players to us Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:57 pm

It's this report:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11835672/Arsenal-transfer-news-Hopes-of-deadline-day-signings-fade-fast-as-Arsene-Wenger-draws-a-blank.html

Enquiring for players from a club that doesn't sell its players isn't the smartest late-window strategy, really.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:58 pm

Rabiot is more than welcome though. Also the most likely possibility.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:59 pm

LOL at the encouragement part.

"Hi this is Arsene Wenger from London. I was thinking about Cavani there maybe. Not sure though. Say something please. I need some encouragement"
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:59 pm

The late interest in Rabiot is strange though since we had so many opportunities to sign him previously when his contract was running out and he was stuck in PSG's reserves.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:10 pm

Lmao imagine us actually raiding PSG like that ffs pl go stupid Telegraph
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:18 pm

No doubt Arsene is trying to do something.

but it's best if you all make up your mind that we are signing no one.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:20 pm

Meh. Shoddy journalism.

After Real (Özil), Barca (Alexis), and Chelsea (Cech), PSG seems the next likely big club whose players/surplus/rejects we can be linked with.

Don't be surprised to see links with Bayern next.

*yawn*

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:23 pm

other rumours about loaning Augustin from PSG
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:23 pm

What a lazy attempt at making fans believe they're doing something.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:27 pm

AW: "Bon jour. This eez Arsene from London. I was thinking about Cavani there maybe. Not sure though. Say something please. I need some encouragement."

PSG: "Non!"

AW: "Maybe you have an internal solution to replace Veratti, then perhaps?"

PSG: "Peut être..."

AW: "Really? Can I have him? I transfer 40,000,001€?"

PSG: "Non!"

AW: "But, but, but..."

PSG: "It's called depth. Clearly, you have heard of it?"

AW: "Oh. I just play someone out of position to deal with that."

PSG: "..."

AW: "Say something please. Will you encourage me to bid for Rabiot?"

PSG: "Why now?"

AW: "Otherwise my fans ask me to quit. It makes me very sad. Omlette du fromage."

PSG: "Hmm.. Non!"

AW: "Sad"

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:32 pm

lmfaoooooooooooooo omlette du fromage rofl

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:05 pm

Is Joel staying now?

He can only transfer to a different EPL club if he moves
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next