McAgger
Hapless_Hans
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
futbol
56 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Mule League Denunciation Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Mule League Denunciation Thread

Post by Doc Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:34 pm

I really don't understand DMad's beef with the EPL or English football honestly. Even the so called Premfaces here are pretty normal gents who honestly just enjoy watching English football and sort of stick to what they know.

Just repeating the same thing ad nauseam. Jeez.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Mule League Denunciation Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Mule League Denunciation Thread

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:41 pm

Folks can you explain why EPL is down atm?
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:45 pm

chad4401 wrote:the main problem with the PL teams is the footy being played in the league is meh, pace and grit lost its edge, its more and more coming down to style and tactics, something the prem has always been behind in imo, no amount of money and managers gonna make a difference, if the base footy in the league doesn't improve or just gotta wait until la liga start to decline.

Bullshit, you telling me that when PL was dominant in CL that those teams played with no tactics Laughing ?

Also of course managers would make a difference, because newsflash those are the people are instruct the tactics into the players. The results of English teams is basically down to that, we are tactically meh and the managers/coaches are also meh and that wasn't the case before.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:11 pm

We're just tactically meh, that's it. We have good coaches (look at dnmac's league comparison of coaches) and we have some of the best players in the world. It's obvious to see that the current English style of football just isn't good enough for European competition, and to get back to the top we would need La Liga and Munichliga to decline, or have a drastic systematical change in English football.

But it's just a cycle as mentioned above, with the money we have we'll find ways somehow sometime.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:01 pm

farfan wrote:the PL did do better  than other leagues in  the CL during extended periods of time  in the past decade . Laughing
there's a reason the PL was ranked number 1 in the UEFA coefficient thingy coming into the 2010-2011 season even with the crappy europa league results .
Laughing

Uefa Coefficient the past decade (10 seasons, not 11 trivial seasons)

184880 Spain
165872 England

hmm
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:12 pm

Harmonica wrote:
farfan wrote:the PL did do better  than other leagues in  the CL during extended periods of time  in the past decade . Laughing
there's a reason the PL was ranked number 1 in the UEFA coefficient thingy coming into the 2010-2011 season even with the crappy europa league results .
Laughing

Average Uefa Coefficient the past decade (10 seasons, not 11 trivial seasons)

17976 Spain
16225 England

hmm

now let's see these numbers if we disregard the garbage Uefa cup / Europa league . hmm

also i did say " periods of time during the past decade ", not necessarily the average performance during the whole period hmm
are you saying the PL wasn't doing better than other leagues in that period where 3 english teams made it to the semi finals in 3 consecutive years ? hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:40 pm

Why the feck would we disregard those? It's the same as if moving from decade to 11 years because it suits your agenda better. Laughing

The Mule League Denunciation Thread - Page 12 MvLyoIZ

Since Mule-league was formed 1992, it has had better success than Spain in Europe only in 4 seasons from 24.

Submissive league. hmm
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:42 pm

Wait, so United won the CL in 99 but still finished below Spain?

seems legit

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:33 pm

Not that I am in agreement of Harmonica but why should Europe League be disregarded solely based on one's own judgement?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:35 pm

That BPL strikes back.... :bow:
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:43 pm

2 wins from 2 :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Doc wrote:Not that I am in agreement of Harmonica but why should Europe League be disregarded solely based on one's own judgement?

a league made up of teams that either couldn't make it to the CL or got eliminated in the group stage of the CL shouldn't count as much as the CL . Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:16 pm

best part of this is that Dnmac thinks we actually went after Neymar rofl

The Sun Molenation

gaining credibility over night Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:41 pm

El Gunner wrote:Dnmac, chill bro Laughing

Ain't called dmad for nuffin yo
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:42 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:2 wins from 2 :bow:

Congratulations. Have to say though, the Manchesters not winning against Wolfsburg and Gladbach, you would have had to just shut the PL down.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:53 pm

Agreed hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:33 pm

Manchester teams saving face for the PL this week.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:54 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:Are you kidding? I mean really are you actually being serious?

Man United tried to throw the kitchen sink at Neymar and Muller this transfer window, basically a blank check approach and there wasn't even a 10% chance of either player moving to the EPL.

Top players and I mean the real cream of the crop best players in the world do not want to play in England.  The proof is in the pudding.

Look at the best players and where they play NOW.  It's not by happenstance.

I don't know how anyone could even argue this point.

I mean England does have great world class keepers but look at De Gea, he wants out of United ASAP just as he's becoming one of the best keepers in the world.

The bottom line is the EPl doesn't have the game changers like La Liga.  Case and point Barca lose Messi, they wee in a dog fight yesterday and Suarez bailed them out.

There was no one on Chelsea or Arsenal yesterday to do that.  And that is where the gap is.  You can have all the money in the world but if the best players don't want to go to your league then your stuck buying 2 or 3 good players for the price of a great one which hasn't been working of late.

The EPL has been relegated to buying that second tier of top players and when they do get a great one, again of late they are not able to hold onto them. It's like once they reach that greatness status it's off to a different league.

With the possible exception of United, I agree that EPL clubs can't compete with Barca/Real if these guys are interested. But they can compete with anyone else, and as a league it is more highly regarded by players (who often are as ignorant about football as fans). Genrally speaking, players would rather play for Chelsea or Arsenal than Valencia, Sevilla or Atleti. I'm sure that if Silva and Aguero are elite players that made the jump to the EPL. Same for Fabregas, Ozil and Di Maria. It doesn't always work out, but the EPL is attractive to top players. DDG was happy to make the switch from Atleti to the EPL There is nothing attractive about La Liga, there is only something attractive about Real/Barca.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:58 am

‘If you look at the quality of player that comes to England I don’t think we have the best players in Europe or in the world,’ Scholes told BT Sport.

‘The best players are at Real Madrid or Bayern Munich. I think the level below that is probably Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus. And under that is where the quality of English clubs come into it.

'I really don’t think it’s any surprise. When you think about the quality of players we have, do you think any of the players at our top clubs now would get in the Barcelona team? I very much doubt it.

‘They wouldn’t get in the Real Madrid team or the Bayern Munich team. Maybe Sergio Aguero is the exception.’

Aguero wouldn't get past Lewa and Benzema as easy they think, as far as we go other then MSN, Iniesta and Busquets, I'm pretty sure there are many players in the PL who can get into the squad.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:59 pm

Abramovich wrote:
El Gunner wrote:Dnmac, chill bro Laughing

Ain't called dmad for nuffin yo

This guys been riding my nuts for days. Offer something to the conversation or get off my nuts.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:34 pm

I'd personally take Azpi tbh
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:02 pm

Speaking of denouncing, anyone actually gonna point out the only German team to win in Europe this week was Bayern, well, other than me.

Or make a thread giving them the Mule League, LOL Liga and Serie ZZZZZZz treatment?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:55 pm

Schalke won 4:0 in Europe today :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:46 am

Winter is Coming wrote:‘If you look at the quality of player that comes to England I don’t think we have the best players in Europe or in the world,’ Scholes told BT Sport.

‘The best players are at Real Madrid or Bayern Munich. I think the level below that is probably Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus. And under that is where the quality of English clubs come into it.

'I really don’t think it’s any surprise. When you think about the quality of players we have, do you think any of the players at our top clubs now would get in the Barcelona team? I very much doubt it.

‘They wouldn’t get in the Real Madrid team or the Bayern Munich team. Maybe Sergio Aguero is the exception.’

Aguero wouldn't get past Lewa and Benzema as easy they think, as far as we go other then MSN, Iniesta and Busquets, I'm pretty sure there are many players in the PL who can get into the squad.

This is kind of bullshit though. DDG to name but one would definitely get into Real or Barca. The EPL has better LBs than Alba and better RBs than Carvajal. Bellerin to Barca is the most predictable transfer of all time. Mascherano still starts for Barca. Isco is good but definitely not a world beater.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:55 am

Doc wrote:Speaking of denouncing, anyone actually gonna point out the only German team to win in Europe this week was Bayern, well, other than me.

Or make a thread giving them the Mule League, LOL Liga and Serie ZZZZZZz treatment?!

The way they lost wasn't cause for any heartache though. BMG got done by the ref, Wolfsburg was unable to finish anything. Both performances didn't exactly scream "scrubs" or "crisis"; Neverkusen is just Neverkusen.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:43 pm

Wolfsburg were overrun for all of about the final 20 mins and that scrub Valencia keeping everyone onside ball watching for the only goal they scored...if anyone couldn't finish there chances it was United *cough*Rooney*cough*
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next