DeletedUser#1
Freeza
EarlyPrototype
Pseudo
LeVersacci
36 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

It's time that Benzema becomes the new face of Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: It's time that Benzema becomes the new face of Real Madrid

Post by futbol Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:06 pm

Valkyrja wrote:He did not decline physically or anything, he is still fast as hell, but atm he is so out of form. I mean like he was before the Barca game in the copa in 11-12. He will goat it again but it might take some time.

He did not decline physically? Laughing He declined physically for at least 2 seasons now. Just check this short video highlight of him from 09/10 then you'll realize how much he has fallen. He actually used to score some great individuals goals, dribbled and was dangerous from freekicks. These days he's camping in the box and statpadding from 3 yard tap-ins, penalties and goalkeeper errors and "these days" isn't just a couple of games. It's going on for a lot longer.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

It's time that Benzema becomes the new face of Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: It's time that Benzema becomes the new face of Real Madrid

Post by M99 Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:07 pm

Ronaldo is obviously in a bad patch of form. No matter what anyone says, this is not the norm for him. Whether he turns it around it is a big question given he is 30+ now and realistically could be on a decline. I fully expect flip flop ifit happens. Just like in 2012 "Ronaldo is a selfish joke" got renamed to "Ronaldo is a CAMPEONE" and then of course when Benzema was missing sitters and slipping on backheels against Juve almost everyone was calling for his head and soon he became the best striker in the world.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:08 pm

futbol wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:He did not decline physically or anything, he is still fast as hell, but atm he is so out of form. I mean like he was before the Barca game in the copa in 11-12. He will goat it again but it might take some time.

He did not decline physically? Laughing He declined physically for at least 2 seasons now. Just check this short video highlight of him from 09/10 then you'll realize how much he has fallen. He actually used to score some great individuals goals, dribbled and was dangerous from freekicks. These days he's camping in the box and statpadding from 3 yard tap-ins, penalties and goalkeeper errors and "these days" isn't just a couple of games. It's going on for a lot longer.

but those are signs of deteriorating skills , not a decline in athletic abilities .
the guy is still as athletic and explosive as it gets.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:10 pm

He is not as agile as before, and lost some pace and explosiveness. But that doesn't mean that he is slow. He is still fast as hell. He lost his dribbling ability after his injury in (?) January 2010.

At the moment he is out of form. At late 2011 levels
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:10 pm

are we really gonna pretend that cr didn't take around 12 shots a game back then too, then or now if he doesn't take a bunch of shots he does nothing.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:11 pm

chad4401 wrote:are we really gonna pretend that cr still took around 12 shots a game back then too, then or now if he doesn't take a bunch of shots he does nothing.

we wouldn't have reached the SF of CL last year without him.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:12 pm

M99 wrote:Ronaldo is obviously in a bad patch of form. No matter what anyone says, this is not the norm for him. Whether he turns it around it is a big question given he is 30+ now and realistically could be on a decline. I fully expect flip flop ifit happens. Just like in 2012 "Ronaldo is a selfish joke" got renamed to "Ronaldo is a CAMPEONE" and then of course when Benzema was missing sitters and slipping on backheels against Juve almost everyone was calling for his head and soon he became the best striker in the world.

It seems to be a trend with us honestly though eventually Ronaldo would actually turn out to be past his prime. Just don't think it is now. He is not having a good season so far though so the criticism is warranted I guess.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:14 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
chad4401 wrote:are we really gonna pretend that cr still took around 12 shots a game back then too, then or now if he doesn't take a bunch of shots he does nothing.

lmao he couldn't pass the r16 without benzema
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:15 pm

farfan wrote:
futbol wrote:

but those are signs of deteriorating skills , not a decline in athletic abilities .
the guy is still as athletic and explosive as it gets.

He can't get past players anymore when he picks up the ball outside the box in wide areas. Losing a split second of acceleration is already enough at this level, it doesn't mean he is a turtle now of course. But it's enough to make a huge difference. Iniesta also lost some of his acceleration.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:16 pm

chad4401 wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

lmao he couldn't pass the r16 without benzema

When Ronaldo had 3 goals and an assist ? Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:17 pm

Honest question. Why do coaches always sub benzema or worse still sub him out first? I tought most strikers get their goals around the 60th - 90th minute mark, just when the opponents are tiring? Happened the whole of last season too where benz was subbed every single time whereas scrubs like bale played every game from start to finish.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:17 pm

I will say this though. What the hell happened to these?

Free kick does not decline with age. I think futbol is right, he stopped training free kicks because penalty kicks take too much of his time.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:18 pm

M99 wrote:I will say this though. What the hell happened to these?

Free kick does not decline with age. I think futbol is right, he stopped training free kicks because penalty kicks take too much of his time.

he was never a great FK taker
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:18 pm

lyon away he didn't do shit
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:20 pm

chad4401 wrote:lyon away he didn't do shit

Yeah, that is the game when Benzema decided to play football for Real Madrid, 1.5 years after he joined.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:22 pm

Valkyrja wrote:

Right now he's a completely useless free kick taker.

That would be ok if the coach were allowed to designate other free kick takers, which apparently he isn't.
Bale, James, Kroos, Isco, Modric probably. Every one of them would take better, and most importantly more successful, free kicks. So many wasted opportunities for the team.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:23 pm

Valkyrja wrote:

Yeah, that is the game when Benzema decided to play football for Real Madrid, after 1 year and a half.

aww can't admit cr is a flop without benz holding his hands, oh we got knocked out in the r16 with cr-higs in the 09-10 seaon, that must have really really really hurt you i know Proud.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:23 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

Right now he's a completely useless free kick taker.

That would be ok if the coach were allowed to designate other free kick takers, which apparently he isn't.
Bale, James, Kroos, Isco, Modric probably. Every one of them would take better, and most importantly more successful, free kicks. So many wasted opportunities for the team.

James is probably the best shooter in the game at the moment.

Last edited by Valkyrja on Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:24 pm

chad4401 wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

Yeah, that is the game when Benzema decided to play football for Real Madrid, after 1 year and a half.

aww can't admit cr is a flop without benz holding his hands, oh we got knocked out in the r16 with cr-higs in the 09-10 seaon, that must have really really really hurt you i know Proud.

Cristiano scored in 09-10. It was Higuaín who missed, while Benz was on the bench

Btw, how the hell is CR a flop ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:27 pm

Our fans are ridiculous inside this forum arguing for Benzema and Ronaldo :facepalm:

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:28 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
James is probably the best shooter in the game at the moment.

So there you go.
I just can't wrap my head around it. It's plain for everyone to see. This is a huge club. Why the hell doesn't the coach stop Ronaldo from taking every free kick? Absolutely incomprehensible.

Even for Ronaldo, if we assume he's doing it out of vanity, he's not helping his image. Every free kick he takes should hurt his vanity. Does he really not notice he's terrible at it and he's showing this continually in front of millions of people?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:32 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
chad4401 wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

Cristiano scored in 09-10. It was Higuaín who missed, while Benz was on the bench

Btw, how the hell is CR a flop ?

cause he couldn't get us pass lyon @ the r16 Laughing, and ultimate goal scorer higs got a free pass from you lot anyway, but super weak mentality benzema came through the moment he was given a chance like always, the following year and was the real reason why madrid got past the r16, but posters like you over look that to give cr the praise and act like nobody else does anything.

Last edited by chad4401 on Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:32 pm

It's probably in his contract isn't it.

He's probably got a clause in his contract he's the no 1 free kick taker and it's not to be challenged :facepalm:

Only explanation I can think of
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:32 pm

why even talk about 4-5 seasons ago..
it's obvious benzema is carrying the attack and ronaldo is holding them back whats more to discuss.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:34 pm

Come of it with the exagerations, cr7 isnt a flop and never was except for the 1st 3 years of his career. We all know he'll be scoring soon again btw, had he scored today most madrid fans would be buttlicking by now. Gl has an attitude of glorifying whoever scores a goal and whoever doesn't score is shit. I doubt people would have made this thread if cr7 had scored today. Watch these same fans change their tone come the end of the season. The football world is very fickle. That being said, goals or not cr7 has declined tbh..
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:35 pm

I agree. I've been saying Benzema is better for years tbh.
I wouldn't mind selling the guy on the opposite flank while we're at it also.
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next