Art Morte
RealGunner
McLewis
31 posters

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Walking Dead III - Page 18 Empty Re: The Walking Dead III

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:44 pm

This show isn't about what 'caused' the virus or finding a cure to save the world. If you have been watching it for that, then you have been watching the wrong show. Might as well stop now.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:03 pm

Very strong episode, although Carol becoming compassionate seemingly came out of nowhere to me.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:04 pm

RealGunner wrote:Fantastic episode. Holy shit that was good. Easily one of the best they have done

Seriously? I thought it was hugely disappointing. This isn't watching zombie apocalypse survival any more, this is watching a group of action heroes kill loads of bad guys without getting hurt themselves.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:53 pm

I don't think they come out as "bad guys", at least not in this episode, it was a very blurred line. They killed people as they were sleeping ffs, and then Carol set a whole group on fire when they could have just walked away. They even made the bad guys into well rounded characters before killing them, which made Carol's & Maggie's actions even more morally grey.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:05 pm

this show rofl
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:07 pm

red hair milf was indeed in justified, recall mcagger liking her

her boyfriend in this ep was also a main character in banshee, surprised to see him in a bit part role here
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:39 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I don't think they come out as "bad guys", at least not in this episode, it was a very blurred line. They killed people as they were sleeping ffs, and then Carol set a whole group on fire when they could have just walked away. They even made the bad guys into well rounded characters before killing them, which made Carol's & Maggie's actions even more morally grey.

The "you are the bad guys, not we" angle could have worked if the actions of these negan people had not previously been so obviously evil. Especially towards the Hilltop people. Remember, they had killed some Hilltop people, were laughing and joking when they thought they got their leader's head delivered to them, kept one of them captive, used them to get food. If it indeed had been just those bikers' encounter with Abraham, Daryl and Sasha, then the "who are the baddies here?" thing would have worked, but now I couldn't take it seriously.

Also, was that the negan people dealt with? RG, who I think has read the comics, hints there's still more to it. The adversary groups this season have been maaaaaaajor let downs after all the build up they've got. Like the Wolves. They were built up to be something really bad, doing bad ass things like carving w's onto walkers' foreheads. All they were was one attack with sticks and stones. Okay, some knives, too, but mostly a non-event. Now in two episodes this armed and even more bad ass Negan group gets annihilated without Rick's people losing anyone. Booooooring.

The best twist I can think of for the remainder of the season is that the Hilltop people have actually been playing Rick's people somehow. Although it's kinda hard to fathom after what's happened and after seeing what wussies - without weapons - the Hilltop people are. But if their leader (forgot his name) was actually this Negan guy, that'd be kinda cool. But overall I'm hugely disappointed in what the adversary groups have turned out to be lately and how ridiculously easily Rick's gang has dealt with them.

/rant
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:49 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Although Carol becoming compassionate seemingly came out of nowhere to me.

Agreed.

Didn't like the episode very much. 30 minutes of kind of boring build up and getting to know the negans, and then the writers say "hey, it's time we let Carol and Maggie free, just get the saviors go pointlessly killing zombies leaving them both alone and untied so Carol and Maggie can escape and kill them".

The writing is so lazy... it's the only thing I hate about this show.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:50 am

Yeah RG, Paula was in Justified and she was a goddam hot redheaded lawyer milf iirc. And she is a great actress, I was hoping she would survive, they did fantastically well to build her character in 40 minutes and I was intrigued to find out more.

Also the other chick that was interrogating Maggie with the mole on her face was from the Following if anyone watched that. Took me a few seconds to place her but definitely her playing the detective in the pilot of The Following. She got replaced after that for whatever reason.

I'm kind of in the middle with this episode. I didn't think it was amazing like RG said and I wasn't at all disappointed like Morty either. I thought introducing the 4 new characters and building them in 40 minutes was fantastically done. But like BC said, Carol's morality thing came out of nowhere. She had been like a a machine killing people left and right and now they are regressing her character back towards what she used to be. Or maybe Morgan got to her. Just weird to do that though.

And my main problem was same as Morty's. The way the two of them just turned into the Expandables killing not only the first 4 but the second group as well, again garbage writing. Going the trade route would have made more sense for the writers or even Rick's group showing up would have been more believable.

The Negan group aren't supposed to be some sort of garbage wannabes like the Wolves according to RG. They should have fought back better. Shouldn't they be ruthless killers and shit. I've been greatly disappointed. First the bikers ambush Daryl, Abraham, and Sasha on the road and like 10 of them get blown to pieces without any problems. And then Rick's group attack their safe house and kill like another 20 of them in their sleeps again seemingly without any major complications. And then now only Carol and Maggie kill another 6-8 of them without any problems.

What a disappointment this Saviors and Negan thing's been so far.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:57 am

Very disappointing episode. But I'm not surprised. I made my peace with this show long ago after I realized it was irreversibly ruined beyond repair.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:41 am

Btw, anyone else think that their use of zombies has become way too predictable? If they don't need them for the plot - like the last time in Alexandria - there are conveniently just a few of them here and there. There should be more variety in how they use the walkers.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:09 am

From what I understand, Negean hasnt been introduced yet. They were just protecting him and claimed they were all Negean. Yall will find out on finale night who Negean is and it'll be worth the wait. Heard he makes the governor look like a baby.

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:14 pm

Another enjoyable episode.

Carol is the best, most developed/well written character in this show by a mile.

Actually might get the feels if something bad happens to her this season, which I get the feeling it will.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:20 pm

Yeah I read a list of quotes on the finale by the actors and they all make it sound extremely gruesome
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:37 pm

Tbh the show has made Rick's group to be having an upper hand against the war with Negan. In the comics it was a lot more even with both sides suffering casualties.

Just makes for the finale to be probably the best episode to this date. Can't wait. When Negan shows up, you will know.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:12 pm

yeah this has been far better than the first half of the season.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:00 am

What an awful, nonsensical episode
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:43 am

Things that I never thought I would one day say, but turned out to be true:

1. Danilo has become a great RB.
2. Nacho is better than Ramos and Pepe.
3. I'll no longer watch The Walking Dead.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:52 pm

lmfao what the f did i just watch. Can't remember ever forwarding a scene in TWD but i had to when that fake medic was giving that absolute cringe speech.

The whole point of the episode was to introduce Dwight properly. Rest of the 40 mins was trash. Easily a top 3 worst episode of TWD

Wonder if Dwight is part of Negan's group or separate.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:58 pm

The way they're hyping Negan up, wouldn't be surprised if it's someone within the group that's Negan. If not, it would be a good idea if it was. That way they could freshen the group up a bit by getting rid of some of the main characters. Maybe Abraham?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:00 pm

Abraham was the one who was supposed to die instead of that fat doctor. However writers had no balls to kill him lol

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:07 pm

Abraham's a credible enough upper midcarder to pull it off imo. He's close to the group, but not that close. Don't really know much about his past either.

Negan should be a multi layered main event type character. Someone who people can relate to, looks normal, epic leader/fighter for his people and is a good guy. Basically a Rick clone but different personality obviously.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:11 pm

two more episodes left so shouldn't be long now. next episode is probably more filler.

Greg Nicotero is directing the finale and he pretty much has directed all the best episodes this season
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:19 pm

Thought it had already been established 20x that Jeffrey Dean Morgan is playing Negan?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:21 pm

It is. Just wanted to keep MT guessing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:25 am

Could have been a good episode had it been all about the supply run and had they put some more interesting action to it than a fallen tree. Felt like there was 10 minutes worth of watching in a 45-minute episode now. And the whole ambush thing needed to be done better. Although I certainly didn't see Eugene's ehh... under-the-belt tactics coming... That was a pretty wtf piece of writing to solve that situation...

Abraham's one of my fav characters, but at this point would have preferred him dying. Killing these aboriginal Alexandrians raises no reaction in me.

How come no one's mentioned the Carol thing yet? Is this how they wrote her out of the show? She's been one of the toughest and smartest people in Rick's group and now she's just had a "I'mma become a hermit" level breakdown? What a major anticlimax about her character.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next