mr-r34
Bankz
Harmonica
79 posters

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

The Criminal Life of Benzema - Page 20 Empty Re: The Criminal Life of Benzema

Post by Perucho21 Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:32 pm

Benz is an Instagram icon. Straight up Gangsta.

Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:42 pm

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:45 pm

I wonder what his legacy would be when he retires/leaves madrid. He has been there for 10 years. Under like 6-8 different managers. Won it all there is.

Will he be remembered like Raul? or will he be forgotten like RVN?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:50 pm

Remembered definitely
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:54 pm

RealGunner wrote:I wonder what his legacy would be when he retires/leaves madrid. He has been there for 10 years. Under like 6-8 different managers. Won it all there is.

Will he be remembered like Raul? or will he be forgotten like RVN?
somewhere in the middle obviously, closer to Raul than RVN that's for sure. Remember that Benzema is getting close to 10 years in Madrid that's huge but at the same time no one will ever see him like Raul, that's Club Icon level
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:25 pm

https://vimeo.com/304109205

Just discovered this.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:35 pm

loool
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:03 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:21 pm

The president of the FFF didn't say Benzema was finished. On the contrary, he said that he thinks he's a great player and that he's proving just that at Real Madrid.

What he really said was that Karim's career with France is over (I'm guessing for all the stupid things the player did off the field), which is a totally different thing and doesn't in any way implies that he's finished. No idea why Benzema responded that way.

Also, and while I agree that Le Graet has no business or authority saying this (given that it should only be the decision of the coach to decide whether or not to select a player or ban them), Benzema shouldn't have responded in the first place. France will continue to win without him and he has already won everything with Real Madrid. He should move on and own up to the mistakes he did.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:45 pm

Hmm I think France will actually be superior with him being there. He is comfortably the best french attacker out there. Just imagine Mbappe and Benzema linking together.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:19 pm

It has been said publicly multiple times that Benzema will not be part of French team (forever) because of his blackmailing role attempt of a teammate. What Le Graet said was nothing new and by the way, the expulsion of Benzema was done by Deschamps.

Actually what Le Graet was saying was more complimentary re his play in Madrid!

Is it even possible to switch national teams, after playing so many games / years with another NT. I believe players that have switched after playing for an NT have been younger players who had been called up a couple of times and in minor roles. The only exception that I can think of was Diego Costa, but even he was only called up a couple of times and wasn’t a starter.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:59 am

Benzema would have to take on another citizenship, revoke his french one, get the FFF to approve the move AND UEFA and FIFA need to approve too.

Basically, even if everyone were ok with the move, the red tape alone would put him somewhere between the years 2050 and 2100 by the time all the paperwork was done.

Regarding his ban from NT...  i think it's bit too extreme.  He was exonerated by the legal system in France.  But the issue reminds me of Pete Rose in baseball in the US... he never apologized or did anything the powers to be asked to repent.  Nothing.  He gave the middle finger to all the institutions.  That's fine... except the consequence is that you don't get to play.

He's been made an example of and it's his own doing.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:20 am

Everyone comes out of this looking bad. They all need to move on. Benz deserves a second shot on the French NT. His performances have been good and i don’t ever wanna hear that Giroud fits the system better then Benzema lol. He fucked up royally with deschamps (who i rate as a coach) and the FFF. He had a chance to set a good example to Algerians living in france.. and he messed up.

The elephant in the room is that Benzema is of Algerian origin and some people will always have a problem with that in France. Having him on the team is beneficial for both parties.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:39 pm

They asked him to publicly apologize to the team, France and anything NT...  but he refused.  On top of that, when he wasn't called to Euro 2016, he called Deschamps a racist publicly... and didn't apologize for that either. Guys like Coman and Pogba had to defend Deschamps and say that they never felt any racism from him. It was ugly.

They can't allow him back.  It's not possible.  Ribery and Evra, after the 2010 WC craziness, profusely apologized to anyone that would listen and kept saying they were stupid and made a big mistake.  So the precedent is there to allow players back even after the worse of incidents.  It just requires that the players humble themselves and play the PR game...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:09 pm

At this point, Anelka has a better chance of playing for France again than Benz
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:11 pm

In a week where there are about no relevant football stories this is one of the worst lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:45 am

He never said deschamps was a racist.. he said he bowed to racist parts of France.. Which we know there absolutely exists..

FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:44 am

FennecFox7 wrote:He never said deschamps was a racist.. he said he bowed to racist parts of France.. Which we know there absolutely exists..

that my friend is just about as loaded a statement as calling him a racist directly.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:01 am

Why do people listen to what Benzema says? who cares. Of course he is not going to play for his NT anymore. It has nothing to do with being Algerian or Deschamps being racist, it's more to do with the underage prostitution and the teammate extortion side of things Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:58 pm

Benz is a great player but has the IQ of the ball he kicks for a living. No evidence of Deschamp being racist in his playing or managerial career and his selections in his Marseille tenure is core evidence of that.

Cringe personality.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:26 pm

its simple, from a sporing standpoint, they got to a euro final without him, they won a world cup without him. very similar to raul and spain

however, if benzema handled it the way raul did, benzema might have gotten a call up considering, deschamps was one of his strongest advocates when his form was off. raul held a presser with aragones to put a lid on all the raul selecion crap that marca and the raulistas in the spanish media where asking aragones and raul about everyday. he still didn't get a call up, but it was a smart move, and worked for everyone including the team. teammates hate answering questions everyday about who isn't being called up

from a personal standpoint, there where the comments he made about deschamps which were unnecessary, and there have been posts like the one where he mocked the team when they didn't win the euro final including some subliminal jabs at giroud that he's made online. if he wants to get back in, france have to really suck or zidane has to coach them for that to happen. but as i said, they got to a euro final and won a world cup
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:15 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:He never said deschamps was a racist.. he said he bowed to racist parts of France.. Which we know there absolutely exists..

that my friend is just about as loaded a statement as calling him a racist directly.

It really isn’t.

Maybe as an Algerian, I feel more connected to this particular incident. My family in France experiences racial abuse. I have gotten dirty and suspicious looks in paris for my looks. It happens. It exists. Denying it is going to help nobody. That’s my point.

Quashing the beef and reintegrating him in the team would be the best move for both parties.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:40 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

It really isn’t.

Maybe as an Algerian, I feel more connected to this particular incident. My family in France experiences racial abuse. I have gotten dirty and suspicious looks in paris for my looks. It happens. It exists. Denying it is going to help nobody. That’s my point.

Quashing the beef and reintegrating him in the team would be the best move for both parties.

.???
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:49 pm

The whole point is that there is a bias against immigrant players. deschamps isn’t a racist but there definitely is a smaller margin for north african players to make mistakes in the eyes of the FFF
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:48 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:The whole point is that there is a bias against immigrant players. deschamps isn’t a racist but there definitely is a smaller margin for north african players to make mistakes in the eyes of the FFF
this is not the point at all lol, this is not an argument about whether people in France are racist or not.

Benzema made a loaded comment about his coach, Deschamps was profoundly hurt by that and he decided never to call him again. And there is no need from their point of view, they put him aside, won the world Cup, all is good with french NT footy.

And that's Benzema fault because if he had shut up, he would have been back with the team after a while. He is done and it's not because of racism it's because he chose the wrong friends, made the wrong decisions, and said the wrong things.

Blaming everything on racism doesn't apply to all situations you know? Benzema is at fault here.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:40 pm

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Affaire-de-la-sextape-de-mathieu-valbuena-la-cour-de-cassation-valide-l-enquete-contestee-par-karim-benzema/1088372

The Valbuena sex tape blackmail scandal is now going to court.  This is actually dangerous for Benzema.  It's not like the US in France...  you actually have to prove quite a bit for a case to make it to court.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next