Unique
Lucifer
Hapless_Hans
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
67 posters

Page 1 of 44 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 44  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League '15-'16 discussion V9 Empty Barclay's Premier League '15-'16 discussion V9

Post by Firenze Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:38 pm

Continuation from: http://www.goallegacy.net/t38779-barclay-s-premier-league-15-16-discussion-v8

leicester 3 points clear

Proud
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '15-'16 discussion V9 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '15-'16 discussion V9

Post by Firenze Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:41 pm

just saw their next 3 fixtures

at home to pool

away to city

away to arsenal

if they can manage 3-4 points from those 3 games I honestly fancy their chances to win the league rofl
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '15-'16 discussion V9 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '15-'16 discussion V9

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:44 pm

City will win the league it's blatantly obvious lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:45 pm

you ready to accept that leicester will finish in the CL spots though brah at the very least? hmm
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Firenze wrote:you ready to accept that leicester will finish in the CL spots though brah at the very least? hmm

are you ready to BET on it ? hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:54 pm

Firenze wrote:you ready to accept that leicester will finish in the CL spots though brah at the very least? hmm

Nah and if they do it will be more an indictment on Van Gaal and Klopp tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:02 pm

Who said Bet?

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:12 pm

spurs only 2 points off arsenal and city now.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:16 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Nah and if they do it will be more an indictment on Van Gaal and Klopp tbh.

Completely agreed ! What better chance you will get in your life to do better when the whole league is being so inconsistent.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:24 pm

For me the title will come down to Spurs vs. City though I think City should be massive favourites to win it.

Leicester could finish top 4 if Liverpool/United don't sort out their inconsistencies though. If Liverpool can shore up their goal scoring or if they get Sturridge/Origi back healthy for the rest of the season they should be able to pip the spot.

It'll be an interesting end to the season regardless and I expect Leicester will at the very least be in Europe.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:24 pm

Re: Goonerjay near the end of the last thread

Not only is this kind of performance against Chelsea expected, and I do fancy your chances to go on an end of the season Arsenal-esque run like always, isn't January historically also always a bad month for Arsenal? iirc in your better seasons where you've looked challengers, you guys are top or right around top at about Christmas, fall off the wagon from January till mid-Feb, and then go on an Arsenal-esque end of the season run to make sure that you lock up top 4 with games to spare, though never really challenging for the title.

Of course, the difference here is that there is no clear team who's currently looking like a title winner--so this season I expect the difference to be that Arsenal go on a run and challenge for the title.

But we'll see, I guess. This, to me, looks like very much an Arsenal season cut and paste, so I expect it to continue that way.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:29 pm

If Sturridge is fit for the rest of the season and we sign Alex Teixeira then we have a chance.

But otherwise please count us out. There's no way we're getting top 4 with the current disjointed squad.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:34 pm

No, we wont finish in top 4. I mean the teams like Leicester deserve to be there even if they fail to clinch the title.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:35 pm

Don't call me James wrote:If Sturridge is fit for the rest of the season and we sign Alex Teixeira then we have a chance.

But otherwise please count us out. There's no way we're getting top 4 with the current disjointed squad.
no way on earth will we get close to 4th if we keep giving goals away like we do.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:38 pm

Unique, you need to relax. If we finish in top 4 and dont win any trophy in this season, I will be disappointed. Instead of that I will prefer winning any trophy, doesnt matter which ! For me, winning a trophy and finishing in top 4, is the ideal thing which I am hoping for. But given an option, I will prefer a trophy.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:41 pm

Have a chance at getting top 4 vs. Getting top 4 are two different things.

In the current situation we have absolutely no chance.

We might stand a chance if our best player can stay fit for the run in and if we get another serviceable attacker. We've scored 30 goals and 5 of them were in the last game. We badly need quality injection up top.

The defense is something that won't be fixed until the summer. It does require a heavy turnover. The summer will tell us how serious we are in getting that side of the pitch fixed. There are glaring weaknesses that anyone with a set of eyes can notice and it concerns goalkeepers, CB's and fullbacks as well as midfield protection.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:41 pm

The top 4 is done and dusted. The current top 4 will be the final top 4. All the other teams are terribly inconsistent to warrant any sort of serious challenge. No signings or whatever is going to change that.

The next 3 games basically determine Leicester's season. If they manage to escape relatively unscathed, they are surely title challengers.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:42 pm

Helmer wrote:Unique, you need to relax. If we finish in top 4 and dont win any trophy in this season, I will be disappointed. Instead of that I will prefer winning any trophy, doesnt matter which ! For me, winning a trophy and finishing in top 4, is the ideal thing which I am hoping for. But given an option, I will prefer a trophy.
I'm not worried about 4th spot or winning a trophy. I'm worried that we have a back 4 that cost 100mil and defend like a team in the bottom 3.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:43 pm

CBarca wrote:Re: Goonerjay near the end of the last thread

Not only is this kind of performance against Chelsea expected, and I do fancy your chances to go on an end of the season Arsenal-esque run like always, isn't January historically also always a bad month for Arsenal? iirc in your better seasons where you've looked challengers, you guys are top or right around top at about Christmas, fall off the wagon from January till mid-Feb, and then go on an Arsenal-esque end of the season run to make sure that you lock up top 4 with games to spare, though never really challenging for the title.

Of course, the difference here is that there is no clear team who's currently looking like a title winner--so this season I expect the difference to be that Arsenal go on a run and challenge for the title.

But we'll see, I guess. This, to me, looks like very much an Arsenal season cut and paste, so I expect it to continue that way.

Google the Arsenal season rollercoaster and it's depressingly accurate. Before we would start strong, look good through winter but collapse in March onwards, but recently it's been start slow then recover late. It coincides with the timing of our annual injury crisis.

Since Coquelin, Cazorla, Wilshere and Welbeck should come back by the run-in we'll have a good squad to put a run together. So long as we pick up no new long-term injuries, of course.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:44 pm

Unique wrote:
Helmer wrote:Unique, you need to relax. If we finish in top 4 and dont win any trophy in this season, I will be disappointed. Instead of that I will prefer winning any trophy, doesnt matter which ! For me, winning a trophy and finishing in top 4, is the ideal thing which I am hoping for. But given an option, I will prefer a trophy.
I'm not worried about 4th spot or winning a trophy. I'm worried that we have a back 4 that cost 100mil and defend like a team in the bottom 3.

but there are also games where we defended really well and managed to get 1-0 wins in close games.

Actually as McAgger said, the defense is not going to be fixed anytime soon Laughing so stop making a fuss about it.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:46 pm

Ok this BS talk of Arsenal having this cut and paste season is getting on my nerves.

Let's take this to the betting thread, Arsenal will finish at least in top 2 :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:48 pm

Helmer wrote:
Unique wrote:

but there are also games where we defended really well and managed to get 1-0 wins in close games.

Actually as McAgger said, the defense is not going to be fixed anytime soon Laughing so stop making a fuss about it.
I cant help it. I worry about stuff like that Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:52 pm

gonna be heart breaking for Leicester when they finish 4th but we win Europa League Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:54 pm

Unique wrote:
Helmer wrote:
Unique wrote:

I cant help it. I worry about stuff like that Laughing

https://80000hours.org/articles/cause-selection/?gclid=CjwKEAiAiZK1BRD509nPsYiUk2YSJAAMoAwCWKtmaIGilGMwVf043d-XWTEK2ohoXGL6M9Z2HlDl6RoC6rrw_wcB

https://futurechallenges.org/local/lead_article/the-inequality-timebomb-how-the-financial-crisis-created-a-social-crisis/

http://www.globalissues.org/article/806/action-cheaper-than-inaction

I can post few more links if you want me to.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:55 pm

ManUtd winning a trophy under LVG rofl

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 44 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 44  Next