S
RED
jibers
Valkyrja
Jay29
90 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City - Page 17 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:02 am

rincon wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:To keep his confidence up, it's not rocket science. Most good managers will protect their players.

The reason he says that about smaller teams is because he doesn't want to give them a reason to get even more motivated to perform than they already do.

Also what he said about Bournemouth has been misinterpreted, basically what he was saying that they were the team that troubled them the most in terms of pressing the defenders, keeping the ball away from them and running at their defenders etc etc.

When he was at Barca they'd always struggle the most against that type of play, which is why he never wanted to play Arsenal. They'd usually beat them but they'd struggle along the way. Villarreal were the same.

His comments are calculated i agree, but that doesn't make him an asshole or a douche. He does it for a reason usually and those reasons are very understandable.

There being a reason for his comments doesn't mean that he is not a douche. He is clearly not dumb and is a brilliant manager. There is obviously reasons for him to say these things for his teams own interest, but that doesn't make him likable.

Mourinho and his media circus is also mostly calculated. He puts on that show and antagonizes everyone for the benefit of his teams for the most part. Doesn't mean that he is being particularly nice though. Same as Pep.

Mourinho straight blames his players for losing, there's quite a difference there.

Also there's a difference between someone not being likeable and being a douche. He's cold and calculated definitely but doesn't make him a douche.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City - Page 17 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City

Post by rincon Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:02 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Laughing

You are being ridiculous now, i'm sure if you tracked every managers post match comments they'll have contradict themselves at least once.

But its not once, its often. You don't have to agree, but its how a lot of people perceive him. I was just explaining my opinion of his character.

Too many unnecessary things said, too much show.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:04 am

I have no problem with your view point really and thank you for actually explaining your view point. I just think that one example there is a bit ridiculous.

None of what you have said makes him a douche or any of the things said in this thread though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:09 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I have no problem with your view point really and thank you for actually explaining your view point. I just think that one example there is a bit ridiculous.

How is it ridiculous? what is the need to give that speech after a match?

Let people have their reaction. He wins so he acts all high and mighty about these post match comments.

But what happened in Torino after the 2-2 draw just 2 weeks before? he answers the journalist question with "I don't give a f... about physical conditioning. I know here in Italy you guys are all about that, I don't care"

People get frustrated after matches they don't win, let them be. No need for lectures about things he himself does many times.

I'm pretty sure that when Bayern lost to City he was talking about losing undeservedly as well. Too much double moral.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:11 am

most of the so called Pep haters are the people who follow Serie A, even madridistas have respect for him. so why do these Mehrie A followers always attack him? answer is, for same reason why church attacked Galileo and other free thinkers. Pep preaches the philosophy that is directly opposite to negative and redundant style that their favorite clubs have. ( e.g playing three CBs in home game against a midtable team who is struggling for firm foot because of new manager). Cryuff and Van Gal upto some extent did it but what Pep achieved with Barca was a smack in the face of all those Orthodox believers and naturally they are still bitter about it. And because he rarely gives these sore feckers a chance to criticize his onfield performance we have such moronic arguments about how he is "rude" or "fake". By the way these fake Mother Teressa's have no problem whatsoever with absolute douche such as Mourinho though on contrary they adore him.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:16 am

How is that high and mighty Laughing

As usual on the internet you are so overly emotional that you get overly annoyed for no reason.

None of what you are explaining is acting like a douche, being high and mighty or anything else which has been said the last couple of pages in the real world where people don't get overly emotional for no reason like they do on the internet.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:21 am

Then I guess you can't understand the video I posted.

Him emphasizing that at Bayern "we just compliment the opponent" and saying that you can't lament and complain about these losses.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:38 am

He's just extremely confident and has a fair bit of ego about him because he knows of his abilities.

Wasn't Ferguson exactly like this and no one said a whisper?

He has the CV to back it up, so obviously this might be a bit different if he were one of those big mouthed guys with nothing to back his shit up. Mou is actually a true asshole and people don't bat eyelids at all, cuz he's the Special One or something.

While I don't agree on his whole Mueller-Wohlfhart fiasco, I can see his reasoning. I remember when he came out and started scolding Kimmich right after finishing a match because he was out of position or something he did did not please his instructions (Kimmich had had a hell of a game, BTW). At first, I thought, "what are you doing Pep? He's a youngster and just pulled off a tough CL game out of position". But then I understood: he believes in him so much, he just needs for him to perform high level because he has incredible potential. He's not scolding him, he's simultaneously supporting him, too. He wants him to be the best footballer he can be.

The responses he gives to all the shit-talkers are extremely classy, I don't know who could disagree. I'm sure even myself would respond with some venom. Not Pep.

In conclusion: yes, he has an ego, but who wouldn't? Plus he always protects his players and I can respect that (unless you don't fit his tactical plans. Goodbye then Laughing).
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:04 am

Nobody bats an eyelid at Mou being Mou? Isn't there like 13 topics about him a year, news articles, etc. etc. all denigrating him?

Meh...people get way too wrapped up in footballers/manager's personalities. Even if he is cocky so what?
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:44 am

It's expected of Mou to be Mou. Clubs hire him knowing this. I do not care what public opinion a manager might have if he brings success. I don't care if a player is cocky or solicits prostitutes in his free time (just no underage ones). You are right in that people pay too much attention to personalities. At this level, you are judged on success. Which is what boards make their decision on which manager to hire.

Then again, in this age of freedom, even if you achieve success there will be people bitching about how you obtained it... it's impossible to please everyone.

There's also the fact Mou and Pep have a legion of Madrid/Barca/Inter/Chelsea/ManU/Bayern fanboys who just use them as an excuse to bitch on one another and to compare their trophy cabinet.

They're two of the most successful modern coaches alive and sure, they have their flaws, but that does not take away their success.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:01 am

He exaggerates his comments, but I don't think he's being dishonest with the base of his claim.

When he called Bravo's performance against United one of the best he had ever seen, he was strictly talking about Bravo's attitude after the blunder. Instead of losing confidence due to the error on his debut, he continued to play Pep's way regardless.

Yeah it was OTT, but that's his style. He tries to magnify the positives in interviews instead of throwing players under the bus. I'm sure all the players prefer the first option, as well.

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:04 am

Lucifer wrote:most of the so called Pep haters are the people who follow Serie A, even madridistas have respect for him. so why do these Mehrie A followers always attack him? answer is, for same reason why church attacked Galileo and other free thinkers. Pep preaches the philosophy that is directly opposite to negative and redundant style that their favorite clubs have. ( e.g playing three CBs in home game against a midtable team who is struggling for firm foot because of new manager). Cryuff and Van Gal upto some extent did it but what Pep achieved with Barca was a smack in the face of all those Orthodox believers and naturally they are still bitter about it. And because he rarely gives these sore feckers a chance to criticize his onfield performance we have such moronic arguments about how he is "rude" or "fake". By the way these fake Mother Teressa's have no problem whatsoever with absolute douche such as Mourinho though on contrary they adore him.

The perspective will change once he joins Milan in 2019. :coffee:
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:07 am

Sushi Master wrote:He's just extremely confident and has a fair bit of ego about him because he knows of his abilities.

Wasn't Ferguson exactly like this and no one said a whisper?

He has the CV to back it up, so obviously this might be a bit different if he were one of those big mouthed guys with nothing to back his shit up. Mou is actually a true asshole and people don't bat eyelids at all, cuz he's the Special One or something.

While I don't agree on his whole Mueller-Wohlfhart fiasco, I can see his reasoning. I remember when he came out and started scolding Kimmich right after finishing a match because he was out of position or something he did did not please his instructions (Kimmich had had a hell of a game, BTW). At first, I thought, "what are you doing Pep? He's a youngster and just pulled off a tough CL game out of position". But then I understood: he believes in him so much, he just needs for him to perform high level because he has incredible potential. He's not scolding him, he's simultaneously supporting him, too. He wants him to be the best footballer he can be.

The responses he gives to all the shit-talkers are extremely classy, I don't know who could disagree. I'm sure even myself would respond with some venom. Not Pep.

In conclusion: yes, he has an ego, but who wouldn't? Plus he always protects his players and I can respect that (unless you don't fit his tactical plans. Goodbye then Laughing).

Curtinho wrote:Nobody bats an eyelid at Mou being Mou? Isn't there like 13 topics about him a year, news articles, etc. etc. all denigrating him?

Meh...people get way too wrapped up in footballers/manager's personalities. Even if he is cocky so what?

Completely agree with both of you, especially on the getting too wrapped in personalities.

Benitez barely has one Laughing or at least he doesn't show it much but i couldn't care less.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:38 am

People call Pep a douche, and barely anyone insults a guy who poked in the eye a cancer patient from his back.

This is the moral credibility some people have. 0.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:39 am

free_cat wrote:People call Pep a douche, and barely anyone insults a guy who poked in the eye a cancer patient from his back.

Yeah barely anyone ever said a bad word about Mourinho. Totally agree with your absolutely not made up stuff hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:41 am

zigra wrote:
free_cat wrote:People call Pep a douche, and barely anyone insults a guy who poked in the eye a cancer patient from his back.

Yeah barely anyone ever said a bad word about Mourinho. Totally agree with your absolutely not made up stuff hmm

Usually those who say that Pep is a douche love Mourinho. And you know it. That's why my comment is relevant.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:43 am

Shit I miss dem 10-12 seasons. This Real-Barca rivalry is so monotone without Mou and Pep.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:45 am

hmm
I absolutely don't love Mourinho (being a Juve fan thats kinda hard to do), been calling the meltdown that will happen at United soon enough. What then?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:47 am

free_cat wrote:
zigra wrote:

Usually those who say that Pep is a douche love Mourinho. And you know it. That's why my comment is relevant.

Don't really feel that way but I guess you could get the perception because fans often defend their manager (something I'll never understand lol). Seen tons of United fans who despised Mourinho and defend him now. Guardiola coaches City so they don't like him. Swap the two and United fans defend Guardiola and hate Mourinho.
Considering both coached massive clubs with a crazy amount of fans I guess that's why there are so many people on one side.

I don't think it's true for neutrals (fans of a club that was never coached by either one of them) though.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:56 am

Fair enough.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:59 am

People talk more trash about Mourinho than any other manager tbh what are you on about?
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:00 am

Curtinho wrote:People talk more trash about Mourinho than any other manager tbh what are you on about?

Not nearly enough.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:16 am

rincon wrote: hmm
I absolutely don't love Mourinho (being a Juve fan thats kinda hard to do), been calling the meltdown that will happen at United soon enough. What then?

Lol, Mourinho takes his sorry act to China. He has been found out (except for Man U). Surely no big team will take him on after the inevitable failure in Manchester.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:23 am

I always thought he would manage PSG, but his best chance was this summer I would have said.

Maybe if it goes south with Emery this season it could happen.

If not France, I could see him going back to Italy.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:35 am

Well Deez, I think there is a better chance of Man U going south than PSG.

If the going south at Man U happens this year (I really expect it in year 3), do you really think any big club will take him on (and pay his huge wage demand)?

The reason I don't expect an Italian team is mainly because of his wage demand, whereas it seems the Chinese would pay!

And with his bloated ego, I doubt he will lower his demand despite what will be three consecutive failures.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:36 am

mourinho has always been a park the bus manager. there is a reason why small clubs with no money play park the bus football. its because its the easiest way to get some kind of result. now add millions worth of world class talent to bus parking tactics like mourinho does and it will  guarantee results as long as your players buy into it. looks like mourinho now finds it hard to get players to buy into it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next