Is Thiago Silva the best defender of modern football?

+34
free_cat
rincon
windkick
nasir6371
zigra
McAgger
Firenze
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Donuts
Cookie Monster
Dante
Pip
Lucifer
Kaladin
Ion Creanga
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
S
juvealbanian
jibers
titosantill
sportsczy
Doc
Adit
Cruijf
M99
futbol
Hapless_Hans
BarrileteCosmico
Kick
Winter is Coming
Mr Nick09
FelixMagic
38 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Is Thiago Silva the best defender of modern football?  - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Thiago Silva the best defender of modern football?

Post by Kaladin Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:10 am

Still can't get over Socur trying to hype this scrub, absolute mental midget, not even captain material. Whoever made him captain of this team needs to get his prostate checked out

This is why no one rates favela merchants, 1 half decent talent and 900 dogshite Damiao's

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Is Thiago Silva the best defender of modern football?  - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Thiago Silva the best defender of modern football?

Post by S Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:33 am

S wrote:Let's all hope Thiago Silva isn't back in time for the 2nd leg. Guy  could ruin this for PSG. Should be benched for Kimpembe based on this one game alone imo.

Comes back and did exactly like what I said. Ffs

Flamengo/Palmeiras level defender who is STILL riding his reputation based on his nationality.

PSG paying €12M net and giving captain's armband to this washed up jabroni rofl
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:01 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:He's a much bigger fraud than Pep.

At least Pep has done things worthy of hype and respect despite him being bad this year.

I literally can't think of one time Silva had a performance which is worthy of his reputation.

He's the biggest myth I have ever seen.

What is this blatant revisionism Laughing

He was a world class defender from 2010-2012, and was very good before and after that. Anyone who says otherwise never watched him or is a moron.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:15 am

Dude's gonna be 33 this year. He did have a period in which he was a damn solid CB, that doesn't mean he was going to maintain that level his entire career.

And allot of things went wrong today with PSG, hard to pin it on any single guy (other than Emery)
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:37 am

This just reminds us how amazing Nesta was.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:52 am

It wasn't Silva who sucked, it was Marquinhos. He was negatively involved in 4 of the 6th goals:

Fails to clear Rafinha's cross in the first one (together with Verratti).
Fails to protect/clear the ball under Iniesta's pressure in the second goal.
I think it's him who fouls Neymar for the fourth.
He makes the non penalty to Suarez (it's not a penalty but he shouldn't put the elbow there).

He is the sole responsible for the defeat, together with Cavani's and Di Maria's misses.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:21 am

^Yes but no one believes Marquinhos is great or at the top of the world. Silva was also at fault too, and besides, a player can only be part of so many humiliating loses before getting blame.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:06 am

rincon wrote:^Yes but no one believes Marquinhos is great or at the top of the world. Silva was also at fault too, and besides, a player can only be part of so many humiliating loses before getting blame.

In which goal was Silva at fault, cause I didn't see it.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:23 am

6 goals free_cat. If you are the captain and center back of a team that conceded 6 goals then you are at fault. He is supposed to be the leader there and organize that backline that just got wrecked in a way that only Silva-led defenses can get wrecked (conceding 7 at home :facepalm: ).

All of them are at fault. Trapp, Kurzawa, Marquinhos, Silva, Meunier and Rabiot. Terrible performances.

Cavani and Di Maria cannot be blamed when an away goal was scored on top of a 4-0 advantage. 6 *bleep* goals were conceded.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:35 am

rincon wrote:6 goals free_cat. If you are the captain and center back of a team that conceded 6 goals then you are at fault. He is supposed to be the leader there and organize that backline that just got wrecked in a way that only Silva-led defenses can get wrecked (conceding 7 at home :facepalm: ).

He wasn't there for the 7-1. David Luiz was captain.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:36 am

^lets not get into technicalities

He was on the sidelines, the kommander showed us how kommanding one can be from the sidelines. :coffee:
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:38 am

Anyway, injuries and age caught up to him physically. He was a world class CB indeed once but not any more. Mentally though I don't know what the hell happened or whether he was always a mental midget.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:40 am

Blaming him for a game he didn't even play now...
Anyway, it's obvious he wasn't good vs. us, but he was far from PSG's worst defender.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:11 am

He's been considered WC and the/one of the best CBs in the world for 5 straight years based off the reputation built in the 10-12 time span alone. And even that was largely getting carried by an injury free Nesta.

I'd take D. Luiz over him any day of the week
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:06 pm

ES wrote:Still can't get over Socur trying to hype this scrub, absolute mental midget, not even captain material. Whoever made him captain of this team needs to get his prostate checked out

This is why no one rates favela merchants, 1 half decent talent and 900 dogshite Damiao's

He is still a top defender, tho not in his prime anymore and not captain material. He was the only one of PSG's defence that didn't *bleep* up yesterday, so it doesn't even make sense to mock him after this game.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:32 pm

Always stuck to my guns about this guy, fraud.

Definition of mentally weak. Should not be considered amongst the top anything. Had a couple of Great seasons with nothing either side of them.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:45 pm

Cruijf wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:He's a much bigger fraud than Pep.

At least Pep has done things worthy of hype and respect despite him being bad this year.

I literally can't think of one time Silva had a performance which is worthy of his reputation.

He's the biggest myth I have ever seen.

What is this blatant revisionism Laughing

He was a world class defender from 2010-2012, and was very good before and after that. Anyone who says otherwise never watched him or is a moron.

He was World Class according to his supporters and people just accepted the hype like sheep.

I don't ever remember a performance that is worthy of his reputation, not one.

Also please don't act like i'm knee jerking or being a revisionist, i have always felt this way. I have many, many posts on the subject and hell said as much when this thread was originally made.

You may not like it but the likes of Pique, Ramos and Boateng who are all very overrated defenders have much more memorable performances worthy of praise than this myth has.

The way people speak about him you'd think he's the Messi of defenders, when the reality is he's never ever proven that reputation at any stage. A lot less hyped defenders have many more memorable performances than he does.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:48 pm

He was legendary against us in Paris in 12/13.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:53 pm

His weakness is his mentality. I mean he didn't want to come to Barca and compete in a proper league for proper trophies because he needs to "feed his family". We have the highest wage bill in entire sports. Laughing

Mentally he is content getting oil money in a second rate league. If he actually bothered he'd easily be the best CB in the world.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:54 pm

After yesterday, all of PSG players' reputations essentially got wiped. As for Thiago, Socur clearly is using his bias towards him. The man isn't a top defender by any stretch and clearly is not fit for this sort of level of football.

Also, Futbol showing up when things are rosy yet again. The bastard...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:58 pm

All i see is excuses.

Fact is he barely has any performances to his name if it all which are worthy of such praise.

I honestly hate it when players get praised to a level which they haven't shown they can deliver on.

Same thing why i hated the Hazard hype, although he's improved this season and more deserving of the hype he recieves.

Note i'm not saying he's bad, but he's so overhyped compared to his performances it's unreal. I'm holding him to the standard that his fans and sheep say he's been on during his career and quite frankly he's never ever been THAT good.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:13 pm

Doc wrote:After yesterday, all of PSG players' reputations essentially got wiped. As for Thiago, Socur clearly is using his bias towards him. The man isn't a top defender by any stretch and clearly is not fit for this sort of level of football.

Also, Futbol showing up when things are rosy yet again. The bastard...

Excuse me, how telling the truth of what happened yesterday is using my bias towards him? Or can you tell what mistakes made by him cost PSG in any of the 6 goals?
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:01 pm

this thread Laughing
some idiots claiming david luiz is the best defender in PL when just this summer everyone made fun of his transfer
let alone the memes on him sucking as a defender blaming silva for 7-1 world cup Laughing it was luiz that everyone hated.

then people raiting ramos as best defender when 90% of real madrid fans think he is the worst CB in their team in terms of defending... some would pick an old pepe or random nacho over him in a counter attack lol

but this guy is a fraud Laughing rofl
tell me who has been the most convincing centerback in the past 5 years im sure we can make fun of all your picks because believe it or not, no defender goes without conceding bad games.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:17 pm

Is Thiago Silva the best defender of modern football?  - Page 4 Barzagli-juventus
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:16 pm

^4 goals in how many minutes to bayern? that ended 6-4

Shit happens.
That Fiorentina game they were up 2-0 in a few years back. what happened there?
Also saw Ibarbo ride him for 30 yards on the way to a goal.
Doesnt mean he hasnt been WC for the last 6 years.

Cant blame silva for marquinhos play. He cant control his mind because of the captains armband.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:52 pm

Thiago Silva is the worst captain ever

http://m.goal.com/s/en/news/8/main/2017/03/09/33457962/brazil-bottle-job-thiago-silva-is-the-worst-captain-ever
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next