McLewis
RealGunner
Casciavit
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
17 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 24 - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 24

Post by silver Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:26 am

WWE died for me when Raw went 3 hours and Del Rio became world champion. Before than, the belt was still considered same level as WWE title, and the brand split was somewhat still happening. After Del Rio, Smackdown and World title got relegated to b-show.

The only reasons to watch in the last few years have been Shield and Lesnar. Summer of Punk was really just two ppvs (MITB and Summerslam). The rest of it was crap.

silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 24 - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 24

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:12 am

M99 wrote:
ES wrote:Vince: "If Taker loses at WM, it'll be his last WM"

Leaves it open to interpretation. I can see him losing and having his last match at Survivor Series where debuted 25 years back.

The 25 years of Taker was already done last year though hmm

Going by the youtube clips it seems like a decent raw, pls confirm.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:47 am

Pretty good Raw actually aside from the last 20 mins.

Mainly because AJ Styles and Kevin Owens basically covered the majority of the first two hours.

Edit: Well except the Andre the Giant Battle Royal segment, that was ass and i completely skipped over it. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:21 am

Poor AJ trying to get an 'AJ Styles' chant going but got crickets in return. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:32 am

Onyx wrote:Poor AJ trying to get an 'AJ Styles' chant going but got crickets in return. hmm

Melzer said WWE are surprised how consistently over he's been hmm

The wrestling industry journalist and historian also highlighted how overwhelming - and unexpected - crowd reactions for AJ Styles may have been "key" to opening eyes to the reach of Impact stars' appeal, with Styles commanding larger ovations than main event players Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns at live events.

He continued: "I think there was this expectation [of], ‘Well, some of our audience will know who he is and the hardcore fans will know who he is, but most of our audience isn’t going to know.' In almost every city, AJ Styles has got a better reaction than Dean Ambrose, than Roman Reigns, than anyone."

Meltzer added: "I think that told them their audience knows TNA a lot better than they wanted to admit. That also means Eric Young and Bobby Roode are not going to be complete unknowns, if that is in fact the mentality."
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:04 pm

I'm only going to judge him based on what he's done during his WWE run. I don't think he should be entitled anything just because he's a 15 year veteran or whatever. And he's not done anything to stand out yet, nor does he have great mic skills/character. He's just a regular guy at this point.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:09 pm

Onyx wrote:I'm only going to judge him based on what he's done during his WWE run. I don't think he should be entitled anything just because he's a 15 year veteran or whatever. And he's not done anything to stand out yet, nor does he have great mic skills/character. He's just a regular guy at this point.

Where'd you jump to that from lol? All i said ( well Melzer) was that WWE are surprised with him getting better reactions than their main event guys.

Also he clearly is standing out, otherwise he wouldn't get said reactions and wouldn't be selling out his merch like he is.

Never said he deserves anything handed to him and he isn't really, if he were he'd be in the main event but no he's working with Jericho.

Don't quite get where you are going with this tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:55 pm

Nah, I just get the feeling a lot of people think he should be entitled to a main event spot because of who he is. Let's say AJ debuted with WWE, but with no history, no indy background etc, would anyone even bat an eyelid? He'd basically be Evan Bourne 2.0 to those that are hyping him now.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:03 pm

What an awful crowd Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:07 pm

Onyx wrote:Nah, I just get the feeling a lot of people think he should be entitled to a main event spot because of who he is. Let's say AJ debuted with WWE, but with no history, no indy background etc, would anyone even bat an eyelid? He'd basically be Evan Bourne 2.0 to those that are hyping him now.

Fair enough my bad, i misunderstood where you were going with it. But that history does matter and in fairness i don't think he's getting by on that alone, he's doing it by putting on entertaining segments when he's out there.

I don't think they will do it that in the future anyway, as i said before i think he's too old to be what Bryan and Punk where to the company. ( to use the two probably biggest examples of WWE stars who were from the indies) Even if i have a problem with calling New Japan and TNA "indies " tbh.

But nonetheless it's too late really, as i said when he signed if it happened a few years earlier then maybe but he doesn't have the time really. I'll enjoy it for what it's worth and no doubt see some amazing matches but main event isn't something i see in his future.

I know you are not saying that but just something i felt like getting off my chest lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:16 pm

It was a good RAW imo

Liked New Day, went on to research them and one of them seems to be a big gamer, even has his own youtube channel hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:23 pm

ES wrote:It was a good RAW imo

Liked New Day, went on to research them and one of them seems to be a big gamer, even has his own youtube channel hmm

Yeah i follow it, it's a decent laugh tbh. Even has WWE talent come on and play games. Laughing

There was one with Jericho recently where they'd play Frogger and Pacman Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:56 pm

Nice match between AJ and KO

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:21 pm

A fan hit Strowman in a dark match after Raw went off the air. Laughing

Incredible restraint really hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:58 pm

Roman Reigns is great, dunno why he people hate him and boo him
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:03 pm

They don't necessarily hate him, but rather hate what he represents.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:04 pm

WM 2 weeks away and i have never seen such negativity about it in my life.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:06 pm

It is awful. None of the storylines have any heat. WM31's build was awful, but at least, the quality of the matches made up for it.

Their is going to be a bunch of BS in all 3 main events. I can see Wyatts interfering in the Ambrose-Lesnar match, a bunch of wrestlers interfering in the Taker-Shane match, and HHH-Reigns won't be given a chance by the crowd.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:10 pm

RealGunner wrote:WM 2 weeks away and i have never seen such negativity about it in my life.

That's true, i don't think for the life of me the actual event will be worse than every Mania though. There's been some really, really bad ones including last years.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:15 pm

Cmon it cant be anyworse than some of the ones post 06
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:25 pm

It won't be it's just the build has been really bad.

The actual event won't be that bad imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:35 pm

Then it would be just another episode of RAW then. WM is the biggest event of the year and has always been about massive storylines having a closure and starting something afresh the monday after.

Atm nothing really is going on and bunch of wrestlers are just going to be there showing their skills with nothing moving forward or backwards.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:57 pm

ES is right, it won't get worse than some of the ones a few years ago.

For reminder, Jerry The King Lawler vs Michael Cole was the third biggest and hyped match of Wrestlemania 27.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:09 pm

That is the case tbf, it's just not as good as we'd like it tbh. hmm

Also i don't agree about another episode of RAW thing, the matches on RAW are completely irrelevant evidenced by the fact they break for ads during them about 3 times lol.

If anything the storylines are more important on RAW than it is for PPV as that's what RAW is there for. Also if we want to talk about build up, last years was miles worse.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:30 pm

RealGunner wrote:Then it would be just another episode of RAW then. WM is the biggest event of the year and has always been about massive storylines having a closure and starting something afresh the monday after.

Atm nothing really is going on and bunch of wrestlers are just going to be there showing their skills with nothing moving forward or backwards.

Yeh agree with this. The match quality is always good with PPV's, but match quality alone doesn't determine how good a PPV is. It's about having compelling must watch unique storylines, big stars going up against each other and the main event has to be a ticket selling, revolutionary and mouth watering affair. HHH/Reigns is B level PPV main event.

The only match I remotely care about is Shane/Taker and that's not because of the match itself. I care about it because if Shane wins, he could takeover RAW and make some kayfabe changes, which in turn could actually improve the product.

So yeh, it's about the build, the story and the implications from the finishes of each match.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:37 pm

You realize MT that nothing is actually going to change if Shane wins or not lol, even from a Kayfabe point of view.

Also it's quite clear at this point that the main event doesn't even need to be ticket selling anymore, the brand sells itself on name along like Super Bowl does for most people. Up to you whether you like it or not but that is a reality.

Also i just flat out disagree with the RAW comparison, RAW has like 10 minute matches at most majority of the time and it's all storyline. The only Storyline you get at PPVs are the story they sell during the matches.

Just to use an example, the build for Undertaker vs Lesnar was hot *bleep* garbage but you still all looked forward to it and i wonder why that is....

Matches a lot more important than you are willing to admit to yourself. Also you are both acting like there is no build at all with these matches, there is it's just not build you are interested in.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next