McLewis
RealGunner
Casciavit
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
17 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 24 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 24

Post by Casciavit Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:40 pm

I find myself agreeing with MT tbh. Workrate has its place and all, but not in the main event. I wouldn't want to watch Neville-Cesaro for the WWE title.

Presentation and charisma is the most imporant thing.

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 24 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 24

Post by M99 Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:42 pm

Also I'm pretty sure Bullet Club will debut on RAW rather than Mania.

They need to make it a stable and not have a 3 man group. I actually see them being Triple H's men rather than Shane's.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:42 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Onyx wrote:It shouldn't be enough to get a main event push imo. Otherwise we'll end up with an AJ Styles vs Hideo Itami vs Nakamura vs Cesaro promo battle. hmm

You are acting like Bryan-Orton-Batista are the godly trio of promos lol.

I never said main event push straight away, an initial push like with Bryan and Punk and see where it goes and how the fans react is fine.

They aren't consistently amazing promos guys, but all 3 of them can definitely cut a great promo from time to time. And nobody even notices them not being great promos guys because they talk in a relatable non awkward way. In fact it would be laughable to remotely even compare them to the guys I mentioned above.

Foreign accents are a huge turn off when it comes to promos. It's an open invitation for a what chant and it severely impacts the promo ability for the majority of guys.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:44 pm

Say goodbye to WWE’s “Divas” division and the purple butterfly belt.

WWE finally caved and the decision has been made to rebrand Divas division as the Women’s division. The official announcement will be made on Monday’s WWE RAW from Dallas, the night after WrestleMania.

A new WWE Women’s Championship belt has already commissioned. From what we’ve been told, the new Women’s Championship bares a strong similarity to the WWE World Heavyweight championship belt – but it’s mounted on a white leather strap and is smaller.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:45 pm

Onyx wrote:
Onyx wrote:It shouldn't be enough to get a main event push imo. Otherwise we'll end up with an AJ Styles vs Hideo Itami vs Nakamura vs Cesaro promo battle. hmm

You are acting like Bryan-Orton-Batista are the godly trio of promos lol.

I never said main event push straight away, an initial push like with Bryan and Punk and see where it goes and how the fans react is fine.

They aren't consistently amazing promos guys, but all 3 of them can definitely cut a great promo from time to time. And nobody even notices them not being great promos guys because they talk in a relatable non awkward way. In fact it would be laughable to remotely even compare them to the guys I mentioned above.

Foreign accents are a huge turn off when it comes to promos. It's an open invitation for a what chant and it severely impacts the promo ability for the majority of guys.

I have been watching AJ Styles for a decade and i have seen him cut better promos than Bryan has tbh. Because WWE are not giving him time and trust Jericho more ( rightly so he's one of the best promo guys ever tbh )don't mistake that for he can't cut a promo tbh.

Also Nakamura absolutely oozes charisma, don't worry about him. You are right when it comes Itami and Cesaro though which is why i don't see them having a long term future really.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:49 pm

M99 wrote:Also I'm pretty sure Bullet Club will debut on RAW rather than Mania.

They need to make it a stable and not have a 3 man group. I actually see them being Triple H's men rather than Shane's.

Initally it will be 3 but they will probably grow, that's if they have any sense anyway.

Also great news about the Womens Championship thing, i like how much they are hyping the triple threat btw gives me hope they are actually serious about it. hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:57 pm

M99 wrote:Rollins was over with most type of audiences. He was either booed for being a heel, or cheered for how good he was (like Edge and Orton used to be) overall. He hardly ever got apathy and never got X-Pac heat.

He mostly got average reactions that are to be expected from the top booked heel in the company. Him getting amazing reactions would mean he consistently got booed out of the building week after week and that was never the case.

The fact that we're having to discuss how over Rollins was clearly means he wasn't good enough to be World champion. The WC should unanimously be over before winning the title. The person makes the title, not the other way round imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:01 pm

You're the only one who doesn't think Rollins was over. We only discuss it because you keep bringing it up.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:01 pm

Speaking of promos though.

The Official WWE Thread - Part 24 - Page 22 1P1DLG7

Rock writes better ones on Instagram than majority of roster does Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:02 pm

GL unfortunately doesn't represent the entire wrestling community. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:05 pm

Rock replying to my post. hmm

Onyx wrote:No matter what Reigns does, this version of him is never going to be accepted. People have already decided he doesn't deserve to be in the top spot and rightfully so.

Best thing to do is turn him heel and let him work on a new character in the midcard. A character where he has freedom and where it's an extension of his own personality. Which is what should have happened in the first place, but nope, they shoved him into the main event picture before he was ready. It's basically what the Rock did when he originally got rejected.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:06 pm

As confident as Rollins was on the mic, he had no personality. I'm a big fan of Rollins, but that is the truth. You can't teach guys to have a personality. They either have it or they don't.

As for his reaction, nobody is going to be truly over on a 3-hour show. Guys are overexposed and after the 2nd hour, the crowd is DEAD. People talk about Bryan, but let's be honest he had a catchy chant. The crowds in 2014 were also a lot louder than the crowds now. The fans don't care about the product anymore.

In the end, you can say whatever you want about his run, but at least he tried acting like a heel. Most of the heels today are trying to get cheers instead of boos. It's asinine. A heel's job is to get the face cheered, not himself cheered. Rollins was great as the slimy sell out heel.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:13 pm

WM 30 isn't canon
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:14 pm

Agreed with ES.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:17 pm

Despite the fact that I prefer anti hero heels (who like to get cheered) over generic heels, I will commend Rollins on doing something different and playing the classic heel role well. I've always said Rollins is a talented guy. Upper midcard definitely. But just not World champion. To be World champion you have to be super unique.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:20 pm

Why Laughing

You just need to be the best guy for the job and Rollins was.

There's been plenty of multi time world champions who haven't been " super unique " it's not that serious tbh.

Hell the most super unique guy ever Taker only held the WWE title 3 times. hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:28 pm

Onyx wrote:Despite the fact that I prefer anti hero heels (who like to get cheered) over generic heels, I will commend Rollins on doing something different and playing the classic heel role well. I've always said Rollins is a talented guy. Upper midcard definitely. But just not World champion. To be World champion you have to be super unique.

Let's be honest there are only 2 full-time guys who are world champion level talents on the roster. I'm not saying the roster is bad. It's just that there are a bunch of 'good' talent, but few 'great' talents. I don't know why it would surprise you a guy like Rollins would be champion.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:30 pm

Casciavit wrote:
Onyx wrote:Despite the fact that I prefer anti hero heels (who like to get cheered) over generic heels, I will commend Rollins on doing something different and playing the classic heel role well. I've always said Rollins is a talented guy. Upper midcard definitely. But just not World champion. To be World champion you have to be super unique.

Let's be honest there are only 2 full-time guys who are world champion level talents on the roster. I'm not saying the roster is bad. It's just that there are a bunch of 'good' talent, but few 'great' talents. I don't know why it would surprise you a guy like Rollins would be champion.

I'd prefer it to say there's few established stars than they lack great talent tbh. There's a lot there which could be main event standard like Owens for example but they are not established yet for one reason or another.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:32 pm

And let's be honest, having a lot of world champion standard talent means little without the good writing and booking behind them.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:34 pm

Jay29 wrote:And let's be honest, having a lot of world champion standard talent means little without the good writing and booking behind them.

That's what i mean, the talent is there but none of them are established stars because of crap writing and booking. Took them 5 years to turn Bryan into a star so they a bit slow on the uptake tbh. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:35 pm

Can't wait til Curtis Axel lifts the title and laugh at mt
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:37 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Why Laughing

You just need to be the best guy for the job and Rollins was.

There's been plenty of multi time world champions who haven't been " super unique " it's not that serious tbh.

Hell the most super unique guy ever Taker only held the WWE title 3 times. hmm

Why? Well because it's the World championship, the number 1 title in the company, the most prestigious title etc etc. Not just anybody should hold the title.

Guys like Rollins, Sheamus and Del Rio just tarnish its legacy. They're upper midcarders in an ideal world. Their names just don't fit in with the greats. And it's not just about greats from the past, guys like Punk and Bryan are also greats and they're from the modern era. And Rollins can't hold a candle to their talent package and accomplishments.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:39 pm

Putting Rollins in the same sentence as Del Rio and Sheamus smh.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:48 pm

Casciavit wrote:

That's basically what I'm trying to say. The standards for the world title should be super high. Undertaker, Lesnar, HHH, Cena level high. If Punk/Bryan can climb the ladder, become elite and compete with those guys, then I see no reason for the standards to be lowered.

The others just need to grab the brass ring. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:53 pm

Casciavit wrote:

I'd prefer it to say there's few established stars than they lack great talent tbh. There's a lot there which could be main event standard like Owens for example but they are not established yet for one reason or another.

You know what the problem is? They don't know how to create stars anymore. In 2 years, the only full-time stars are going to be Cena and Reigns while the rest are going to be midcarders.

Regarding the new talent, I only see 2 great talents. Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt. I'm not saying the others aren't good, but these 2 are the best IMO. They are the full packages. They are both great talkers, can go in the ring, are charismatic and most importantly have a personality. It's just that their booking has made them look like geeks, yet they're still talented enough to overcome that to some extent.

I mean look at what they've done to them...

Ambrose made his name as a psychotic heel, but now he's a goofy face who gets his ass kicked every week.

Bray Wyatt.... the less said about his booking the better :facepalm:

If they had actually made them credible and booked them well, they could both be top guys. You could have solidified that by having Bray beat Taker last year and Ambrose beat Lesnar this year, but since the booking has made them both look like geeks, it would be stupid if they beat them.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:56 pm

Well i agree lol, at least they have shown they no idea how to create stars anymore anyway. I live in hope that eventually they figure it out but it's probably a delusional hope.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next