Kaladin
RealGunner
VivaStPauli
rwo power
BarrileteCosmico
50 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 23 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Cruijf Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:04 am

Thinking of a flag will be the least of their worries Laughing

Replacing the dragon in the Wales flag with a red cross wouldn't be too bad tho hmm

Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 23 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:49 am

If only Scotland leave then maybe this hmm

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 23 Ccb23a10
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:32 pm

all of the leave figureheads distancing themselves from the claims that immigration would fall and the NHS would receive 350m a week that we supposedly save from being out of the EU rofl

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 23 B555c4b620f23634e5352cf69fa9cf56

top notch banter
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:37 pm

Firenze wrote:all of the leave figureheads distancing themselves from the claims that immigration would fall and the NHS would receive 350m a week that we supposedly save from being out of the EU rofl
Spoiler:
top notch banter
Well the prime minister told a pretty big porky himself.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/18/david-cameron-insists-he-will-stay-on-as-prime-minister-regardle/
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:41 pm

when can we start deporting people. can we start right away or do we have to wait until we are fully out of the EU.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:09 pm

Unique wrote:when can we start deporting people. can we start right away or do we have to wait until we are fully out of the EU.
You can try to deport the biggest crooks to Australia again (Farage, Johnson, Gove, Cameron, ...) as you did in the past, but I fear they don't want to take them nowadays ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:22 pm

Turns out my dad and step-mother voted leave, while my brother voted remain. Nothing like political strife in the family Laughing

They were talking about it earlier. My dad said it was obvious my brother and I would be in favour of remain because we're "European", while my step-mum was like "dem foreigners taking our jobs". Then they joked about how they knew people who woke up Friday morning and though "what have we done".

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:31 pm

You should have better lobbied for remain in your family. Heck, a couple years ago I managed to convince my rather Luddite parents who always voted CDU to vote for the Pirate Party in that election - and they assured me that they did XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:19 pm

Unique wrote:when can we start deporting people. can we start right away or do we have to wait until we are fully out of the EU.

We can't. Those who are already living in the UK will remain in the UK as the new immigration law won't affect them.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:21 pm

Racial incidents being reported throughout the country about people telling Europeans and Asians to "Go back home" and "When are you going back?" and "*bleep* off back to your home already"
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:29 pm

RealGunner wrote:Racial incidents being reported throughout the country about people telling Europeans and Asians to "Go back home" and "When are you going back?" and "*bleep* off back to your home already"

Which happens every day of the year. are they saying this never happened before brexit? im not condoning in any way, that is disgusting behaviour but its nothing new.
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:35 pm

Well, people are more open about it now. They now have a 'reason' to not hide it within themselves. There is a noticeable rise in these incidents now. A Latvian parent taking her kids to park was discriminated in front of her kids. Laminated cards handed after Brexit vote saying "No more Polish vermin" "Go home Polish scum" That is all types of messed up.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:49 pm

So when will there be yellow stars issued to mark the EU inhabitants in the UK so that they can be more easily spotted?

Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it, it seems...
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:53 pm

Isn't lex himself an immigrant? I thought he was from Cyprus. Why is he voting leave camp?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:56 pm

the firm I work for is very multicultural my bosses for example are hindu and Punjabi from Kenya and india, we have sri lankans, polish, somalian you name it, one person voted to remain which was my jewish manager with polish ancestry. it is a generalisation to believe that it was only the skinhead English rascist that made up the leave camp.
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:04 pm

I personally know a lot of Asians who voted leave as well. My area is multicultural as it gets but the leave votes were 60-40 too. But the problem is that the brexit has given the vocal part of the leave campaigners(Majority also part of UKIP and Britiain first) who now think they are OK with degrading others with racial slurs. Normal people won't join in due to the 'Nothing to do with me' approach. It's quite shameful tbh.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:16 pm

RealGunner wrote:

We can't. Those who are already living in the UK will remain in the UK as the new immigration law won't affect them.
so we still can't deport criminals even after they have been found guilty. That was one of the reasons I wanted out. Sick of Belgium telling us what laws we have to follow.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:22 pm

Not till new laws comes in place. Probably another year or two.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:27 pm

RealGunner wrote:Not till new laws comes in place. Probably another year or two.
good. We have enough criminals as it is without importing them.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:36 pm

It depends on whether you will leave the Council of Europe, too. The Council of Europe is *not* the EU and as long as you belong to that you have to follow the laws set by the European Court of Human Rights - and *that* is what hinders you to deport criminals if they face torture etc outside of the UK.

Oh, and by the way - the Court is based in Strasbourg, France, and not in Belgium.

Info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Europe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Court_of_Human_Rights
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:54 pm

rwo power wrote:It depends on whether you will leave the Council of Europe, too. The Council of Europe is *not* the EU and as long as you belong to that you have to follow the laws set by the European Court of Human Rights - and *that* is what hinders you to deport criminals if they face torture etc outside of the UK.

Oh, and by the way - the Court is based in Strasbourg, France, and not in Belgium.

Info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Europe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Court_of_Human_Rights
its stuff like that is why a lot of people voted leave. your average person don't know the law very well but when they see on tv criminals coming to Britain and comiting crimes and we cant do a thing about it. it makes people mad.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:00 pm

Well, obviously voting leave doesn't affect the part on not being able to deport certain criminals at all as it has nothing to do with the EU. So what did you gain then?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:16 pm

All this talk of deporting hard working, tax paying members of society Laughing You don't think we'd look to deport murderers, rapists and con artists hiding behind their European Human Rights first?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:17 pm

Oh has it already been discussed how that ridiculous petition is bogus, being signed by the same people multiple times under different aliases and living outside the U.K.?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:23 pm

rwo power wrote:Well, obviously voting leave doesn't affect the part on not being able to deport certain criminals at all as it has nothing to do with the EU. So what did you gain then?
like I said not many people realy know the law. so if people see somone like abu Hamza for argument sake come to Britain scronge dole money and a free house to then only stand on the street and preach terror it makes people mad. then they are told we cant deport him because the euro courts wont let us people get extra mad. they think voting out is there way of hitting back. people see that you have to wait 12 years in some places to get a house unless you can buy one. people see it takes 3 days to see a doctor in some places. some people have to travel miles to take one kid to a difernt school because they are full. now when people look at more and more houses being filled with imigrants. the doctors being full to the rafters with Africans. and schools over run with immigrant kids it makes them mad. if you then tell people that we don't have the money to build my homes. more doctors. more schools and more hospitals it makes people mad. if you then tell them the government gives millions away each week to the EU it tips them over the edge. its all well and good talking about politics and business deals and complicated stuff but that just goes over their heads because it don't affect them. its ok for all you guys that don't live on the low income housing estates to say the people that vote out are dumb and silly. but you don't live in their shoes. the way they see it is simple. stop free immigration and the problem wont get any worst. use the money we save from giving to the EU and make things better.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:24 pm

Lex wrote:All this talk of deporting hard working, tax paying members of society Laughing You don't think we'd look to deport murderers, rapists and con artists hiding behind their European Human Rights first?
that's exactly who I would deport
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next