Kaladin
RealGunner
VivaStPauli
rwo power
BarrileteCosmico
50 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 31 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Unique Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:33 pm

Never gonna give EU up
Never gonna let EU down
Never gonna piss off out and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 31 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:25 pm

Golden chance for lib dems imo
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:03 pm

the entire referendum mess can be summarized thusly

'chat shit get banged'

nobody wants to stick around and take responsibility for anything rofl
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:09 pm

Lmmmmaaoooooo
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:06 pm

cowards cowards everywhere

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:32 pm

What a *bleep* mess rofl
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:00 pm

It is as if those guys didn't really expect the '' Leave '' to win.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:20 am

I think Farage would have quit either way, it's not long ago when he already resigned only to come back when no one decent was able to replace him. It is kinda funny to quit, though, right after your party's biggest political win ever.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:44 am

How does this kind of thing happen in the modern world rofl sorry GB I know this is serious but I'm dying rofl
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:40 pm

VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:03 pm

If he's that emotional about Brexit he better take extra special care not to suffer a fatal heart attack that it takes vote fraud to stop his own country from electing a "fascist".
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:40 pm

As neutral:
I don't believe 52% of country are idiots. I believe some of them were idiots, some of them ignorant/ uninformed, some of them normal people like you and me.
They were lied to that the immigration could be stopped by voting out of EU and EU was the evil that created the mess that is GB right now. The anti EU propaganda has been done by Tories for years. People actually do believe EU is the problem.

Brexit or not, half of the population has got serious problems otherwise they wouldn't vote the way they did. I think the next government should tackle that problem instead of blaming people who voted stay or leave.

As EU person:
Your government was full of c***s who ran the hills as soon as s*** hit the fan. We wish for a stable UK as soon as possible to trigger article 50. Neither UK nor EU has got interest in prolonged uncertainty regarding the Brexit. There shouldn't be any more referendums otherwise the principles of democracy would be shackled.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:47 pm

The UK has an interest in prolonging this as long as they can, to make sure there complex negotiations get the appropriate time they deserve. More than 2 years, definitely.

Besides, if art 50 is not used, who is to say that in 2 years we might not have a separate referendum where Britain might bite differently?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:50 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Spoiler:
Christoph Waltz is always great Thumbs up
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:03 pm

Babun wrote:As neutral:
I don't believe 52% of country are idiots.
It's "only" 36% of the country. The 52% were only the percentage of the people who went to vote, which were 73% of the people who would have been allowed to vote. In view of this I consider it absolutely idiotic to act on this referendum as if it was binding.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:32 pm

rwo power wrote:
It's "only" 36% of the country. The 52% were only the percentage of the people who went to vote, which were 73% of the people who would have been allowed to vote. In view of this I consider it absolutely idiotic to act on this referendum as if it was binding.

Highest turnout in a UK-wide vote since 1992, 17.4 million is the highest vote for anything.
In view of this I consider your suggestion null and void!
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:42 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The UK has an interest in prolonging this as long as they can, to make sure there complex negotiations get the appropriate time they deserve. More than 2 years, definitely.

Besides, if art 50 is not used, who is to say that in 2 years we might not have a separate referendum where Britain might bite differently?

EU declared already, no negotiations until article 50 is invoked because they don't want that kind of situation you described. So what talks?
UK could use more time to form a proper government and to do the homework for the upcoming negotiations. In the long, they suffer the more they wait. The point is investors would hold their plans regarding UK until the situation is clear. EU will be EU with the same terms with or without UK. So yeah, UK gets the shorter end of the stick.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:48 pm

rwo power wrote:

Nope, 52%. The ones who didn't vote don't count. I don't want to start a discussion  about the "young, educated and progressive" folks. If one doesn't take responsibility to make proper use of their vote then that person is neither educated nor progressive. Irresponsible, ignorant is better term to describe them.
The referendum was announced way back, remain camp and leave camp fought until the last day. Cameron made it clear the outcome would decide whether GB remains in EU or not so yeah the referendum is binding. After the rules were set and both parties presented their arguments, leave campaign won.

Last edited by Babun on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:48 pm

Yeah, but the EU loses too (albeit less so, and it might gain some of the City's business). I think everyone gains from waiting and trying for the UK to "get it right".

I have yet to see a British politician actually willing to invoke Art 50. May already said she wouldn't do it this year.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:54 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yeah, but the EU loses too (albeit less so, and it might gain some of the City's business). I think everyone gains from waiting and trying for the UK to "get it right".

I have yet to see a British politician actually willing to invoke Art 50. May already said she wouldn't do it this year.

Ticking time bomb for UK, I don't understand how irresponsible the politicians over there are. UK needs a stable government asap. Every extra day is damaging their economy long term. EU isn't interested in UK's demise, they just want a clean cut.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:17 pm

No excuses if you didn't vote. For example I don't plan on bothering with General elections and I don't waste time talking about who I wanted to win. Because I have zero faith in any of the major parties to do a fraction of what they promise.

And of course Farage quit, leader of UKIP just got his UKIP wish fulfilled. What's left for him at the head of UKIP? To win over the country? Get elected in to Number 10? Laughing Not enough fascists in the country so he's taking his ball and going home. He legitimately got what he wanted, his end game was fulfilled.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:29 pm

@Babun

Your numbers are still not correct. There are 65.1 mio people in the UK, but only around 46 mio people are allowed to vote. With your number you also put blame on those who were not allowed to participate in the first place. Outside the UK, Britons who have lived abroad for more than 15 years were not eligible to vote either, even though the results of the referendum could affect them, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:22 pm

I believe the way this will play, is both parties get new leaders, probably more moderate (and competent). May the most likely winner(!) has already said she won't declare art. 50 right away. After a year or two, they will adhere to the 3.5 M (at last count) and hold another referandum, just to be sure the majority, still want to leave. And that referendum will say stay.

That way they think they can get out of the mess they created, but in reality it's two years of uncertainty and fairly severe consequences, although better than if they try to exit.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:55 am

I was just laying in bed thinking.

How do nations accept people from neighboring places coming in to their country? Like Germany,UK,France for example? Are they accepted as normal by the average person? It just seems amazing thinking there are pretty much open borders between nations which were destroying each other in the lifetime of people I know. Its like Europe always finds a way to bounce forward quick. I'd never want to live there, but looking from the outside its absolutely amazing.

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:49 am

Betty La Fea wrote:I was just laying in bed thinking.

How do nations accept people from neighboring places coming in to their country? Like Germany,UK,France for example? Are they accepted as normal by the average person? It just seems amazing thinking there are pretty much open borders between nations which were destroying each other in the lifetime of people I know. Its like Europe always finds a way to bounce forward quick. I'd never want to live there, but looking from the outside its absolutely amazing.

I've lived in a few places and its mostly fine. I haven't really felt discriminated or treated differently for being foreign. Haven't live in the UK or France so I don't know. Here in Belgium everyone seems completely used to foreigners for the most part.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:52 am

@Betty
Well, in my house (it has several apartments here), I have neighbours from Brazil, Portugal, Spain and Greece. They are completely integrated here, and it is mainly during football World Cup or now the Euros that you see flags of the different countries hanging out of the windows (hey, I have a German flag up, too - I really love it when everything is decorated so colourfully). Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next