sportsczy
maxyz
StrugaRock
23 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Your Future Fantasy Scenario  - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Future Fantasy Scenario

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:04 am

Typically, you have a sporting director and manager who work together to come up with a list of targets to buy and players to sell. Then it's up to the sporting director to go out and execute... they don't work as completely separate guys. It's a collaboration.

It puts checks and balances both on management and the coach.

Currently examples? Juve, Bayern, PSG, Chelsea (post Mou), City, Barca, Man U, etc.

Most teams do it this way.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:27 am

and we've had that (particularly with mijjatovic). its not something new that we've never had. but knowing madrid, if certain players don't like a coach, its very likely that they'll run and cry to the director. with a coach possessing the right authority, freedom to work with his staff and temperament, then that can be avoided. checks and balances are cool, but at the end of the day, the director isn't the one coaching the players. player's should start recognizing where the authority lies, and that should be the manager.....once again, i'm not against a director, my issue is, let the coach, coach
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:37 am

Players can't typically cry to the sporting director. Doesn't happen at other clubs because that line of communication doesn't exist. The sporting director only deals with agents and clubs... the player can only directly talk to the coach. If the player's agent wants to cry to the sporting director, that's fine. Happens all the time.

You just need to make sure you define the lines of communication.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:05 pm

titosantill wrote:
StrugaRock wrote:That is why I opt for a president with football knowledge, Raul, Hierro, Butragueno, Redondo, moientes, I don't care as long as he is a Madridista and has sense what Real needs

you're joking right? i hope you mean sporting director...cos i don't know about having any of those guys as presidents. in football there is offense and defense. as far  as being a president goes, there is football and economics. i doubt any of those guys have got any idea on the economical parameters regarding running a club like real madrid. which is why when people say "flo out", i'm like wait a minute, i want us to win, but i don't want us to go broke or tangle ourselves in a terrible monetary situation

No I mean President. What Perez looks hard, but it is easy as F, spash cash to the most commercial player out there, but makes 0 sense of him having the ability to play for Real Madrid, but hell yeah he sells shirts, who the heck wants titles anyways.

Give Perez a year at Barca and he will make FC Hollywood out of them. You'd see Biscuits shipped to some club and be replaced with a better hairstyled player.

I'd say be 20% business 80% football, get 2 or 3 guys(with different positions not just bunch of AMC's and play with none) with a large fanbase and then build a team of hard workers around them.

So yes I want an ex player as a President, or at least someone that has worked as a sporting director or a coach, Perez is all business and gives 2 cents whenever you are going to win on the pitch or not. Guys like him like the dressing to look good but the contents matter not.

Also I am against a Perez impersonator he will fail even worse
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:18 pm

StrugaRock wrote:
titosantill wrote:
StrugaRock wrote:That is why I opt for a president with football knowledge, Raul, Hierro, Butragueno, Redondo, moientes, I don't care as long as he is a Madridista and has sense what Real needs

you're joking right? i hope you mean sporting director...cos i don't know about having any of those guys as presidents. in football there is offense and defense. as far  as being a president goes, there is football and economics. i doubt any of those guys have got any idea on the economical parameters regarding running a club like real madrid. which is why when people say "flo out", i'm like wait a minute, i want us to win, but i don't want us to go broke or tangle ourselves in a terrible monetary situation

No I mean President. What Perez looks hard, but it is easy as F, spash cash to the most commercial player out there, but makes 0 sense of him having the ability to play for Real Madrid, but hell yeah he sells shirts, who the heck wants titles anyways.

Give Perez a year at Barca and he will make FC Hollywood out of them. You'd see Biscuits shipped to some club and be replaced with a better hairstyled player.

I'd say be 20% business 80% football, get 2 or 3 guys(with different positions not just bunch of AMC's and play with none) with a large fanbase and then build a team of hard workers around them.

So yes I want an ex player as a President, or at least someone that has worked as a sporting director or a coach, Perez is all business and gives 2 cents whenever you are going to win on the pitch or not. Guys like him like the dressing to look good but the contents matter not.

Also I am against a Perez impersonator he will fail even worse

Barca's management are worse than Perez
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:21 pm

In financial terms yes, in sporting terms, we see the difference
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:25 pm

StrugaRock wrote:In financial terms yes, in sporting terms, we see the difference

they bought suarez and had no idea what to do until messi told him to play as a striker in january. they bought vermaelen and mathieu for 40 million euros. they bought cesc against guardiola's will.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
StrugaRock wrote:In financial terms yes, in sporting terms, we see the difference

they bought suarez and had no idea what to do until messi told him to play as a striker in january. they bought vermaelen and mathieu for 40 million euros. they bought cesc against guardiola's will.

Don't get me started on our failed overpriced deals.

The difference in barca is that Messi get's em out of a mess on the pitch, while Ronaldo gets the money going
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:06 pm

Bartomeu seems decent though. He bought Suarez, Vidal and Arda because Enrique asked for them.

Of course I don't know whether he was involved in any of their failed signings or whether he takes the liberty of signing players solely for marketing purposes without discussing it with his coach.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:56 pm

Take a look at Flo's record from his eyes. He has made it the Richest club year after year after year, club regardless of few trophies, has almost constantly been in top 5, performance wise. In business world that is a success. You are wrong when you say futbol is more important than business in the president. While we don't like his meddling in futbol matters, he has a lot of success to boast about. That said, if this ban goes thru, there is going to be a lot of pressure on him to resign. But to wish for an ex player to be president, you obviously have no idea of the eligibility rules.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:28 pm

exactly @futbol_bill; not only that, @strugarock, if you think you can just get an ex-footballer with no knowledge of running a multi-million dollar business to run a franchise like real madrid, then i don't know what to say. it seems you're enamored with the players' names than whether or not they can actually run a club.

its a bit ironic, being enamored by big names rather than what functions or positions they actually fit in is the same thing you and a lot of us are bashing florentino perez for. you want raul hierro redondo etc to be president? lol at this stage of their lives, none of those guys are qualified. the club does not run based on football alone. there's basketball, the marketing and accounting aspects, brand management and awareness, overseas sponsorship, stadium developments and more....i'll bet none of those players knows a thing about that

i don't have the numbers, but i'm willing to bet no club goes on the model of 20% business 80% football; i don't know what they go by, but i can bet its not that. there are so many things that go on behind the scenes from an economic, sports, diplomatic and even social awareness at a club like real madrid. like the saying goes, "just because you bake bread, doesn't mean you know how to run a bakery"
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:59 pm

But you better have a great baker if you're planning on running a successful bakery... Flo thinks he's the baker and he's clearly not.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:32 pm

that too is a problem. he needs to stay out of the sporting side of things. his desire to become the next santiago bernabeu is part of what's pulling us back
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:41 pm

@tito you cannot buy expensive equipment for your bakery and think that there is no need for a good baker or ingredients.

I know what criteria must be filled to run for a president at Real Madrid, but as long as business man run the club profit>>>>>titles

It is easy doing what Perez does(to some extend):
1.Wait for a International tournament to end
2.Buy the flashiest attacker from said competition
3.??????
4.Profit
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:48 am

let's be clear, nos 1- i'm not saying what flo does or how he runs the footballing aspect of the club is right; nos 2- its not easy doing what a president does, u're looking at this solely from a sporting standpoint; nos 3- every club seeks profit, every club looks for income, hell every franchise. there have been teams that played well, but income and poor economic decisions have seen them go under...other great teams who may not have gone under but aren't what they used to be because they've been poorly run from an economic standpoint. you have to find a good medium for sports and the market.

and mind you, raul (let's ignore the rules set in place by flo for president eligibility for a second), turned down a sporting director position recently because he wasn't ready for it, what makes you think he or any guys will be ready to be president? come on guys let's be realistic. you're looking for names, not qualifications. if pavon said he wants to be president (assuming he meets all criteria, which he doesn't) i bet everyone would clown him, not weather or not he fits the bill but because he's not a player people admired.

i'd rather a reasonable fellow run the economics of the club, and have people who know about football with competent coaches run  that side. a lot of these ex-players won't even make good coaches, but you want them to run a multi-million pound corporation and think its that simple....oh and real madrid doesn't gain funds from football alone, so if you think buying player x and selling jerseys is what keeps this club afloat you're mistaken....there's a lot more to the business side of sports
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:50 am

that's my last post regarding ex-players with no background in the responsibility of such magnitude running this club....didn't mean to derail the thread. guess we can go back to the topic at hand
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:10 pm

Navas
Carvajal - Ramos - Varane - Danilo/Marcelo
Pogba
Veratti - Modric
Bale - Zlatan - Ronaldo

Couldn't find any better. No need for a proper DM in this team
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:22 pm

guest7 wrote:
Navas
Carvajal - Ramos - Varane - Danilo/Marcelo
Pogba
Veratti - Modric
Bale - Zlatan - Ronaldo

Couldn't find any better. No need for a proper DM in this team

that's worse than what we are dealing with atm
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by maxyz Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:22 pm

Oh god. Just because he's big and strong doesn't mean he's a *bleep* DM. Pogba ISN'T a defensive middlefielder. Do you think that a DM would be worth 100 M? He's an offensive middlefielder,calling him a central MF is a stretch. Calling him a DM is just retarded. If you want him in your team and you want your team to spend 100 M on him you could at least google him.
maxyz
maxyz
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:55 pm

I know he isn't a DM. Read what I wrote. "No need for a proper DM".
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by maxyz Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:56 pm

guest7 wrote:I know he isn't a DM. Read what I wrote. "No need for a proper DM".

You placed him behind 5 players. He wants to play as close to the striker as possible. Do you think the 100 M player that wants as much glory and goals as possible would be willing to play behind 5?
maxyz
maxyz
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:41 pm

Ideally for me

navas
carvajal-varane-ramos-marcelo
kovacic-kante-modric
Mahrez-benzema-bale
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:56 pm

@titosantill I guess we stand on the same ground, I agree on everything you say, and I think that you know where I want to go with what I've said.

The thing is we both agree that we need a president who doesn't stick his nose in the coaches job.

What I would like to see as a starting eleven is

De Gea
Carvajal Varane Ramos Marcelo
Modric Tielemans Pogba
Jese Benzema Bale
Casilla
Nacho Pepe Llorente Gaya
Kovacic Medran Isco
Vasquez Morata Asensio

I know Asensio is a right minded but that is just to give you and idea of the players available
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:08 pm

Tielemans is nowhere near ready to be a sub at Real Madrid let alone a starter... just to compare, Casemiro is much better than him right now.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:26 am

Yeah I know, the thing is that it is hard to find a defensive midfielder that can pass the ball around, heck even Kroos could play there if we be strict about tracking back, imagine Pogba and Modric converting to defensive midfielders while the wingers turn to wing backs or at least wide midfielders when defending.

I don't know but I dislike Casemiro, the kid is alright but I have yet to see his true potential and what he offers, I could be wrong tho
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:52 am

Flo is too stubborn to do the obvious so i don't dwell on it. If it happens, i'll be pleasantly surprised... in the meantime, i'll stop becoming more and more bitter when he doesn't lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next