The Demon of Carthage
Lucifer
Hapless_Hans
Art Morte
McAgger
40 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

EL QF | Borussia Dortmund vs Liverpool FC - Page 2 Empty Re: EL QF | Borussia Dortmund vs Liverpool FC

Post by Myesyats Fri 18 Mar 2016, 20:28

Europa League > CL this season

ffs great match-up.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

EL QF | Borussia Dortmund vs Liverpool FC - Page 2 Empty Re: EL QF | Borussia Dortmund vs Liverpool FC

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri 18 Mar 2016, 22:20

Curtinho wrote:Maybe. Liverpool starched the same City that topped a CL group that had Juventus, Sevilla and Gladbach though, and outplayed Arsenal when Arsenal were running through the PL.

You should know better than to apply this ridiculous logic.

Mainz beat Bayern, the very same Bayern that beat Juve.
Therefore, Mainz would be considered favourites to win Serie A :bow: :bow:

Why don't you use the same reasoning to argue that Dortmund disposed Spurs 5-1 on aggregate, the very same Spurs that's 2nd in a league in which you are merely 7th?!

Dortmund is a better team than you. They have better players, they play better than you, and they have consistently performed better than you.

Therefore, they are strong favourites against you, and you are nowhere near favourites in EL.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri 18 Mar 2016, 23:26

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Curtinho wrote:Maybe. Liverpool starched the same City that topped a CL group that had Juventus, Sevilla and Gladbach though, and outplayed Arsenal when Arsenal were running through the PL.

You should know better than to apply this ridiculous logic.

Mainz beat Bayern, the very same Bayern that beat Juve.
Therefore, Mainz would be considered favourites to win Serie A :bow: :bow:

Why don't you use the same reasoning to argue that Dortmund disposed Spurs 5-1 on aggregate, the very same Spurs that's 2nd in a league in which you are merely 7th?!

Dortmund is a better team than you. They have better players, they play better than you, and they have consistently performed better than you.

Therefore, they are strong favourites against you, and you are nowhere near favourites in EL.
so does that logic mean it is imposible for Liverpool to beat them
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri 18 Mar 2016, 23:49

Of course not hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri 18 Mar 2016, 23:55

Curtinho wrote:I wouldn't write Liverpool off against BVB. Against traditionally bigger teams under Klopp that don't just defend deep this is their record:

0-0 Tottenham (away)

Liverpool fans calling Tottenham a traditionally bigger team Proud
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat 19 Mar 2016, 00:06

Bigger than other teams was my inference, not bigger than Liverpool.

lol whatever you say Hans. You just come off as a bitter Bundesfodder fan lately. Hating on everything. Go on a date or something. Excited for you to follow Pep to City though.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat 19 Mar 2016, 00:06

anyway I don't think we will win the tie but I hope we put up a better show than spurs.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat 19 Mar 2016, 00:11

I think Liverpool will put up a top show. Still think Dortmund will make it though.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat 19 Mar 2016, 00:21

Curtinho wrote:I wouldn't write Liverpool off against BVB. Against traditionally bigger teams under Klopp that don't just defend deep this is their record:

0-0 Tottenham (away)
3-1 Chelsea (away)
4-1 City (away)
3-3 Arsenal (home -- deserved better, ffs Mignolet)
0-1 United (home, were the much better team though, didn't take their chances/De Gea show)
1-1* City (neutral)
3-0 City (home)
2-0 United (home, could have easily been 5-0 if not for DDG)
1-1 United (away)

Again, Dortmund are obviously the favourites, but Liverpool have really had a lot of success against teams that haven't played extremely compact and deep defensively against them. Teams that have come to play and look to be positive have mostly been outplayed. It makes this tie extremely exciting especially since Klopp also knows most of the players at Dortmund very well.

RED wrote:Easy win for Dortmund.

Laughing Salty this guy is with how easily their dross lot was dispatched from Europe.

Got nothing to do with being salty you moron, it's the fact that dortmund are a much better team than liverpool.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat 19 Mar 2016, 00:28

rincon wrote:I think Liverpool will put up a top show. Still think Dortmund will make it though.
Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat 19 Mar 2016, 00:37

Curtinho wrote:
lol whatever you say Hans. You just come off as a bitter Bundesfodder fan lately. Hating on everything. Go on a date or something. Excited for you to follow Pep to City though.

'Hating on everything'?
How do you come to that conclusion?
On the contrary, I'd be happy for Liverpool to win the EL. I just don't consider you among the favourites.
But I'd certainly much prefer you to win it than bloody Sevilla again.
Still, I'd consider tham far bigger favourites than Liverpool.
Not sure where hating comes into it.

As for that 'follow Pep to City' line, really? You think it's so good you've used it twice already? Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat 19 Mar 2016, 00:45

Ya. It's my go to now, Franz.

But really Sevilla are not "far bigger favourites" than Liverpool. Just because a team has won a competition in the past doesn't make them favourites to win it again just on that basis. The EL is very strong this year, and Liverpool have a better team than which is healthy now, and a coach that can make use of that. Dortmund are on another level to any other team in the competition, too.

Sevilla have better experience in Europe but I wouldn't say they are more likely to win than Liverpool and they're not a better team.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 19 Mar 2016, 00:46

When someone disagrees with you they must be hating it's the no 1 rule of the internet tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat 19 Mar 2016, 00:54

What's wrong with Sevilla winning again? Jay can't get some sliver of happiness now?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 19 Mar 2016, 01:02

No one deserves happiness until i'm happy and seeing as i'm never happy no one will be happy ever again hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat 19 Mar 2016, 01:04

Your despair is my joy imo hmm
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat 19 Mar 2016, 01:05

Doc wrote:What's wrong with Sevilla winning again? Jay can't get some sliver of happiness now?
I'm not saying sevilla wont win it again. but the longer a run goes on the faster it will end.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 19 Mar 2016, 01:08

Doc wrote:Your despair is my joy imo hmm

Proud
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat 19 Mar 2016, 02:08

Curtinho wrote:Ya. It's my go to now, Franz.

But really Sevilla are not "far bigger favourites" than Liverpool. Just because a team has won a competition in the past doesn't make them favourites to win it again just on that basis. The EL is very strong this year, and Liverpool have a better team than which is healthy now, and a coach that can make use of that. Dortmund are on another level to any other team in the competition, too.

Sevilla have better experience in Europe but I wouldn't say they are more likely to win than Liverpool and they're not a better team.

Liverpool have done nothing yet. How is being 8th in the weakest season for EPL in recent memory placing them above the 2 times winners?

And how did Sevilla start their EL run this time? by beating Basel 3-0. Solid result.

"better experience in Europe" is an understatement when they win it twice in a row and Liverpool haven't done anything in Europe for years. Accept that you are not favorites Smile
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat 19 Mar 2016, 02:15

Better team as in better team than Sevilla or better team than last year. Or you meant a better playing team which I would not disagree with you, Liverpool is playing better nowadays.

If it is better than Sevilla then I would have to disagree. Not that Sevilla is some strong ass side but there isn't any real way to prove that unless they meet up or Liverpool win the whole thing. Better team than last year, well, you'll know more than me on that one.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat 19 Mar 2016, 06:51

They are better playing ATM and have better players. It's just about making sure to keep that consistency and get the team to play in a cohesive manner consistently.

Though again, it's hard to quantify that given unless Liverpool beat Dortmund they're not likely to face eachother, and Dortmund are rightful favourites to progress over Liverpool.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu 07 Apr 2016, 01:34

Alright now that the borefest of CL is over.

Back to the main event.

Hopefully Gundogan and Firmino are fit to start. Want both sides to be at their strongest.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu 07 Apr 2016, 06:39

I've a feeling we should prepare our backsides.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutropin Thu 07 Apr 2016, 16:10

Dortmund this year are a team that would make it to the CL semis at least and maybe even the final. They are incredible and Liverpool are a mediocre team

4-1 dortmund
Neutropin
Neutropin
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu 07 Apr 2016, 16:12

The moment our players feel inferior to them its over, Confidence is the key to last in this game. Dortmund is not the best team in the world, They are beatable.

European nights though :bow:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu 07 Apr 2016, 16:59

Possible lineups:

Dortmund: Bürki; Piszczek, Hummels, Sokratis, Schmelzer; Weigl, Şahin, Kagawa, Mkhitaryan, Reus; Aubameyang

Liverpool: Mignolet; Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno; Henderson, Can; Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino; Sturridge

Looking forward to it Thumbs up
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next