Thimmy
Lucifer
rwo power
Art Morte
Valkyrja
guest_07
13 posters

Go down

in 50 years time in the future....... Empty in 50 years time in the future.......

Post by guest_07 Sat 19 Mar - 6:57:28

in 50 years time in the future, which player in this generation that possibly have a higher chance of been remembered, same case like pele, puskas, cruyff

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

in 50 years time in the future....... Empty Re: in 50 years time in the future.......

Post by Valkyrja Sat 19 Mar - 10:27:51

Messi
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

in 50 years time in the future....... Empty Re: in 50 years time in the future.......

Post by guest_07 Sat 19 Mar - 10:33:52

only messi? how about cristiano ronaldo?

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat 19 Mar - 10:42:52

Messi and Ronaldo are obvious, but I wonder how time will remember guys like Zlatan and Suarez.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat 19 Mar - 10:53:32

I offer Thomas Müller in the contest, who will likely become the World Cup topscorer with a huge margin, barring injuries.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat 19 Mar - 11:21:29

Yeah, Müller has that going for him, otherwise he would be forgettable.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat 19 Mar - 11:42:33

Muller? RWO pls

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat 19 Mar - 12:08:14

It's really amazing how underrated Thomas Müller is all the time. I think even in the far future people will talk about that lanky guy who looked so unlikely to score all the important goals that he did ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat 19 Mar - 12:32:19

rwo power wrote:It's really amazing how underrated Thomas Müller is all the time. I think even in the far future people will talk about that lanky guy who looked so unlikely to score all the important goals that he did ^^

I think that in 25 years or so, people won't give a damn whether any of today's players, bar Messi and maybe C. Ronaldo, performed well or not. People like to rate what's new and still relevant over whatever or whoever were great a long time ago.

Just from being a member of these forums for the past 7 years, I've witnessed people who weren't even old enough to have ever watched Maradona play, claim that they can confirm that both him and Pele were far inferior to Messi. They're just not that relevant anymore. Their legend status has generally become more symbolic than anything else, and I don't think Messi will be an exception, once he's long past retirement.

Unlike Maradona and Pele, there's actual recorded, HD footage of Messi that will most likely be available to future generations. However, I still believe that whoever's more relevant and familiar to future generations, will be favored in discussions comparing the performance of generational individuals. Not to mention that scientific health and fitness progression/advances and possible changes to how the game plays out, will most likely work in favour of future stars in such comparisons.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Sat 19 Mar - 14:05:53

To be remembered you must have great skills collection of youtube higlights and PLUS any very BIG title. you must be winner of either world cup, champions league, ballon dor, or any big record.

So most famous names from title winners are messi CR neuer xavi iniesta muller suarez neymar Casillas Ramos pique lahm robben ribery buffon.

For me this is how they will be remembered
Messi - maradona pele
CR Xavi Iniesta - di stefano van basten r9 zidane
Suarez robben buffon casillas neuer- shevchenko batistuta henry del piero (cant remember older past players at their level without researching which means they will also fade after 50 years)
Pique ramos lahm - will survive maximum 15 years
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat 19 Mar - 14:13:32

i think that rooney is going to be remembered more fondly than someone like suarez or robben
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat 19 Mar - 14:18:09

Messi and Cristiano will join the top ranks of football.
Buffon will be in goalkeeping history forever as he has basically broke every record and won almost everything there is to win.
Muller will be remember forever for his world cup record to come.
The rest up and down. Rooney, Ibra, Xavi, Pirlo, Suarez, Neymar, etc.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat 19 Mar - 15:04:38

nazimali12 wrote:To be remembered you must have great skills collection of youtube higlights and PLUS any very BIG title. you must be winner of either world cup, champions league, ballon dor, or any big record.

So most famous names from title winners are messi CR neuer xavi iniesta muller suarez neymar Casillas Ramos pique lahm robben ribery buffon.

Messi - maradona pele
Suarez robben buffon casillas neuer- shevchenko batistuta henry del piero (cant remember older past players at their level without researching which means they will also fade after 50 years)

Di Stefano and Puskas were considered gods of football during their peak. Following this logic, will Messi be considered tier 2, and Cristiano tier 3 in the future? hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Sat 19 Mar - 15:21:31

Thimmy wrote:
nazimali12 wrote:To be remembered you must have great skills collection of youtube higlights and PLUS any very BIG title. you must be winner of either world cup, champions league, ballon dor, or any big record.

Messi - maradona pele

Di Stefano and Puskas were considered gods of football during their peak. Following this logic, will Messi be considered tier 2, and Cristiano tier 3 in the future? hmm
During their peak its possible. But after 50 years people remember pele and maradona better. Either they have more skillfull highlights or they won more. Tier 1 belongs to maradona and pele. Di stefano is tier 2
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat 19 Mar - 15:46:06

nazimali12 wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

Messi - maradona pele

During their peak its possible. But after 50 years people remember pele and maradona better. Either they have more skillfull highlights or they won more. Tier 1 belongs to maradona and pele. Di stefano is tier 2

Not really. It's really their domination in their respective era. I think that is nearly impossible to compare great players from different periods in other ways. IMO tier 1 in football history has Di Stefano, Pele, Cruyff, Maradona, Ronaldo, Messi. At their peak (Messi still is) they dominated the football scene, literally nobody coming close.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sat 19 Mar - 16:04:48

who is gonna be today's george best?

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat 19 Mar - 16:13:56

Cristiano will be a footnote in 50 years. Doesn't have enough iconic moments or trophies. In 50 years there will be at least 10 more players who will do what he did. Neymar is the first "next Ronaldo" already and there will be many more.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 19 Mar - 16:19:56

Ronaldo being remembered in 50 years rofl

I barely remember him now tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sat 19 Mar - 16:37:24

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Ronaldo being remembered in 50 years rofl

I barely remember him now tbh.

which ronaldo?

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat 19 Mar - 16:47:18

I think time will actually treat Ronaldo well. Because in 50 years people will look at stats and Ronaldo has a shitload of goals and is a three-time Ballon Dor winner.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat 19 Mar - 16:48:33

How will Ronaldinho be remembered in 50 years? hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat 19 Mar - 16:50:50

Art Morte wrote:I think time will actually treat Ronaldo well. Because in 50 years people will look at stats and Ronaldo has a shitload of goals and is a three-time Ballon Dor winner.

Nah. Right now he's being forced down our throats by the media everytime he scores a hattrick against Espanyol or Getafe and is presented to us as "Messi's rival" so he's the hot topic right now (artificially) but in 50 years, without media influence, that's not enough. The GOATs from the past that are remembered to this day have something iconic. When you think of Maradona you remember his goal against England or the Napoli underdog story. When you think of Di Stefano you think of Real Madrid's most successful era in their history. When you think of Cruyff you think of the poster child of total football who could play all over the pitch and dominate. When you think of Messi, like Di Stefano, he will forever be linked with Barca's most successful era. What does Cristiano have? He scores lots of (mostly pointless) goals, fair enough. That puts him up there with Telmo Zarra who has won the most top scorers awards in La Liga history (6) with 1 league title to show for it but not up there with tier 1 iconic footballers.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat 19 Mar - 17:00:23

IMO in 50 years the earth will be a toxic chemical wasteland, syntho-petrified corroded bodies in between smoking piles of rubble, miles and miles of red glowing desert, over which nothing else but hundreds of thousands of identical megasize billboards depicting David De Gea in adidas gloves are towering, all over the devastated world.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Sat 19 Mar - 17:10:40

rwo power wrote:It's really amazing how underrated Thomas Müller is all the time. I think even in the far future people will talk about that lanky guy who looked so unlikely to score all the important goals that he did ^^

i agree, i was just thinking when i saw bayern beat juventus that this guy must be the most clutch player in the history of football.
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon 21 Mar - 15:31:59

Messi and Ronaldo sure for their talent and records, rivalry as well.

I hope Suarez gets mentioned too, hes just been amazing since he joined us, I think he is still under appreciated by some, just an amazing player who consistently pulls the impossible.

Neymar, Alves, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, I wish I can say the whole Barca team Razz

Yaya Toure, African player for several years, Buffon, Neuer as stand outs of GKs, Pirlo, the best Italian player for an era.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down