By this time in two years Rushford is going to be a nobody a la Welbeck, Jacuzzi...

+10
CBarca
Dark Knight
El Gunner
RealGunner
Doc
Glory
Art Morte
farfan
Turok_TTZ
McAgger
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

By this time in two years Rushford is going to be a nobody a la Welbeck, Jacuzzi... Empty By this time in two years Rushford is going to be a nobody a la Welbeck, Jacuzzi...

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:06 am

I've read this book before.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

By this time in two years Rushford is going to be a nobody a la Welbeck, Jacuzzi... Empty Re: By this time in two years Rushford is going to be a nobody a la Welbeck, Jacuzzi...

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:10 am

isnt it spelled rashford?

also, this is a very safe prediction if mourinho becomes manager.
why don't you try making a bolder prediction than this?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

By this time in two years Rushford is going to be a nobody a la Welbeck, Jacuzzi... Empty Re: By this time in two years Rushford is going to be a nobody a la Welbeck, Jacuzzi...

Post by farfan Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:17 am

And Origi will win the Ballon D'or , right ?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:20 am

farfan wrote:And Origi will win the Ballon D'or , right ?

Reported for derailing.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:33 am

farfan wrote:And Origi will win the Ballon D'or , right ?
you never know, klopp is an excellent manager. given more time, peeps who have a good disposition can become great.

Back on this thread. I will repeat what I said. way too safe m8.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:52 am

Unfortunately he already looks better than Macheda ever did and Welbeck isn't a nobody, he's a decent footballer.

Rashford might still end up at Sheffield United, though.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:39 pm

Gotta love Liverpool fans . Laughing

" Our young players : best and most promising prospects in the world "
" Our rivals' young players : baselessly compared to past flops "

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:35 pm

Januzaj comparison is kinda okay. Januzaj in his first season really seemed a legit talent. Fast forward 2 seasons and he looks like a clueless youngster.
Other players mentioned here were never considered that good anyway.

Welbeck never really looked WC tbf. His finishing and composure and match temperament were always off. He can still be a really good winger/inside forward though for Arsenal in the long run.
Wilson- A strange case. Actually he looked more talented than Rashford when he broke out. Still think therefore that he can come back and play for us.

As for Rash well, not saying that I am confident or anything that his graph will continue like this especially if its Mourinho who is coming next season.
The kid has the best 'head' if you look at all the players including Januzaj and Welb and his big match temperament is top notch. Dont think Adnan has ever produced match winning moments in a big match. Marcus on the other hand has already did it 3 or 4 times in his short spell.
Let's see.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:12 pm

I don't see why Welbeck should be called a nobody. That's kinda harsh considering he wasn't some bright, over-hyped prospect out of Utd. The man has made a good career out of of what he can do.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:25 pm

How is Welbeck a nobody? Regular at Arsenal, regular at internationals.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:57 pm

All this bs chatting, Welbz is gonna win you a European Championship this summer
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Knight Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:40 am

Hahaha I am loving this thread
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:48 am

Regardless of the obviously dumb statement that Welbeck is a nobody, this seems like such a blatant Gil thread, surprisingly by someone other than Gil.

An attempt to make a "bold" prediction when it's anything but. Then if it happens the thread will be bumped with "ffs guys I told you!". This isn't even a controversial statement--you can never tell how these kids turn out. Especially ones like Rashford that look good but rely a bit on pace and have only really gotten in because of injuries and they took their chance.

If you wanted to be controversial, say something like Dele Alli will be a nobody. Of course, that would be stupid.

I do personally think Rashford has the potential to turn into a good player but it's far, far too early to tell. I don't think anyone has made the statement that he's going to turn into a world class player...?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:46 am

CBarca wrote:Regardless of the obviously dumb statement that Welbeck is a nobody, this seems like such a blatant Gil thread, surprisingly by someone other than Gil.

An attempt to make a "bold" prediction when it's anything but. Then if it happens the thread will be bumped with "ffs guys I told you!". This isn't even a controversial statement--you can never tell how these kids turn out. Especially ones like Rashford that look good but rely a bit on pace and have only really gotten in because of injuries and they took their chance.

If you wanted to be controversial, say something like Dele Alli will be a nobody. Of course, that would be stupid.

I do personally think Rashford has the potential to turn into a good player but it's far, far too early to tell. I don't think anyone has made the statement that he's going to turn into a world class player...?

Thats the description for Lingard and to a lesser extent Welbeck, not Rashford. Rashford is not just about pace. His balance and acceleration are already better than Lingard and his compatriot from Fletcher Moss. And the kid has got better composure in front of goal at 18.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:33 am

There is a reason I phrased it the way I did, I said relies "a bit" on pace. I've watched Rashford and been impressed by his overall game, but it's undeniable pace is one of his better attributes and one that helps him tremendously.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, Torres was the same way. It's just what it is.

Essentially I'm elaborating--I do agree with you Glory and I don't think Rashford is a speed merchant
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:10 am

By this time, in two years, I would be 31. That would be a fact. We have no idea how Rashford would develop or even where he would be developed. McAgger says he read that book before and just uses Utd players. What about Le Tallec, Sinama Pongolle, Portillo, Adu (ok maybe not him), Gio Dos Santos, Andres Di Alessandro (who?), Cavenaghi (maybe), etc., men who really were genuinely rated but whose careers all turned out to be nothing close to what was expected.

Macheda did one old man Johan turn to score a match winner against Villa and Utd fans confused their euphoric feeling of getting a come from behind win with objectivity. I don't think I saw him play a decent game for them ever since. Rashford, on the other hand, has had a good couple good performances at the highest level with a team managed by a fraud.

TL;DR - McAgger is on real poop.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:14 am

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

Thank you very much, I'll be back to this thread in two years.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:03 pm

What born and bred Liverpool youngster has come good since slippy G, or has even had a career close to Welbecks so far Laughing

How's Jay Spearing? rofl
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:06 pm

Unfair to compare Welbeck to Janazaj anyway.

Welbeck has actually had a decent career, Janazaj everyone with sense knew was ass from the beginning Laughing

Rushford has done more than him anyway.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:33 pm

Welbeck IS a nobody though. outside of EPL he is an absolute nobody.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:35 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:Welbeck IS a nobody though. outside of EPL he is an absolute nobody.

Cool story bro.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:46 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:Welbeck IS a nobody though. outside of EPL he is an absolute nobody.

Cool story bro.

Who should care for a forward who cant even score upto 15 goals let alone 20 in a year? and now he switches from forward to winger?
Dude wouldn't make it in any La Liga team on the current table.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:56 pm

Laughing

Not even joking, I think that Welbeck would be an upgrade on Torres for Atletico, and that's a team challenging for La Liga and one of the best teams in Europe.

Welbeck is a lot better than people give him credit for.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:57 pm

Scored against Madrid in Champions League :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:59 pm

B-Mac wrote:Scored against Madrid in Champions League :coffee:

I remember that game quite clearly, Welbeck was actually running riot in that game. United clearly the better side in large part due to him until Nani got what I believe to be an unjust red from Cuneyt Cakir (otherwise quite a good ref imo).
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next