Jonathan28
Firenze
24 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Thimmy Tue May 03, 2016 7:41 pm

ES wrote:
Thimmy wrote:Did any of you actually play either the Battleborn or the Overwatch betas? If yes, what's your opinion?

-15 minutes until I can play Battleborn Very Happy

Haent tried Battleborn but i trust in Fire when he said it was absolute shite imo

Overwatch is one of the most fun multiplayer games i've played, got a feeling it'll last a while (ala TF2) there's longevity if they keep introducing new characters/maps/etc

He didn't play it. He thought it looked like shit based on a video review I linked to. The reason I asked if anyone actually played the beta, is because I think it's odd how little attention the game has gotten on here. It's a very good, polished game with both co-op PvE and PvP modes, 25 distinctively different characters, an upgrade system that's simple, but very good in my opinion, and a fairly balanced equipment system. Also, many of the PvE campaign missions actually require team work, in order to succeed.

I think the humor in the campaign has been spot on, so far, and the voice acting fits perfectly with the setting of the game. I thought the beta was tons of fun, yet the game has hardly been mentioned on this forum, and it's not surprising that people didn't even bother trying it because Blizzard yo Razz

Battleborn currently has an overall score of 7.8. It's been out for less than a full day. So far, it's received almost exclusively 10s by the people who have bothered to leave comments.

General Games Discussion - Page 9 295bko9

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 03, 2016 11:13 pm

Definitely getting Overwatch, most fun i have had on a FPS in god knows how long.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed May 04, 2016 10:09 am

Playin Gothic 2: Night of the Raven

still one of the best games of last decade
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed May 04, 2016 10:31 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Definitely getting Overwatch, most fun i have had on a FPS in god knows how long.
Beta still out?
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 04, 2016 11:15 am

It's only for pre orders atm, you can do that if you want and cancel it.

Open beta for everyone starts on 5th and ends on the 9th, which with Uncharted 4 on the 10th is excellent timing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed May 04, 2016 11:49 am

Cool will check it out tomorrow

UC4 next week already? nice
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 04, 2016 6:42 pm

At EA right now, we have multiple studios building a variety of great Star Wars games spanning different genres. We are all united by our teams’ passion for Star Wars™ stories, characters, and adventures.

Today, I’m thrilled to be able to announce that EA and the talented team at Respawn Entertainment have expanded our relationship to include the development of an all-new 3rd person action adventure game set in the Star Wars universe. They join our other great studios – Visceral Games, DICE, Capital Games, BioWare, Motive and more – who are currently working on Star Wars projects. If you’re interested in joining us on this adventure, you can visit our Careers page – we have openings at Visceral and Motive and will be sharing more on these experiences soon.

Over the past few years, I’ve had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with Vince Zampella and his group. Their obsession with making games that feel amazing has helped make Titanfall one of the most successful new game launches of this generation. And now, with a new team led by Stig Asmussen, we get to see what they can do when you combine that great attention to gameplay with the power of Star Wars.

There’s never been a better time to be a Star Wars fan. The passion we’re seeing for Star Wars from gamers – whether they’ve been along for the ride since Star Wars™: Episode IV: A New Hope™, or were introduced to the magic of Star Wars with Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™ – is fueling our development teams and our partners to create unique interactive extensions of this deep, meaningful universe. As a game maker, nothing is more exciting.

Thank you and May the Fourth be with you,

Patrick

http://www.ea.com/news/the-force-is-strong-with-respawn-entertainment

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed May 04, 2016 6:58 pm

I remember how I hyped I was for Titanfail due to it being developed by Vince Zampella the guy behind cod4 & mw2 and then it turns out it's 360 exclusive and a mediocre game
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 04, 2016 7:01 pm

Different, this is a 3rd person action and adventure game and be lead by the God of War 3 director. He's just working with Respawn in conjuction to make it happen.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 04, 2016 7:57 pm

Rumors that battlefield 5 is based in vietnam
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 04, 2016 9:46 pm

ffs i still suffer from PTSD related flashbacks about nam I can't take it any more.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu May 05, 2016 9:55 pm

Tales from the Borderlands. :bow:

I still have to try The Wolf Among Us but i think this game is probably the best thing Telltale has ever made.

Great soundtrack too, "Kiss the sky" in the beginning of episode 2 and the ending song "My Silver Lining" are quality.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri May 06, 2016 7:30 pm

http://i.picpar.com/VxPb.jpg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 06, 2016 8:39 pm

Interesting.

Will see how the reveal looks like
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 06, 2016 9:33 pm

Looks great
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri May 06, 2016 9:36 pm

Been wanting a WW1 game for the longest time :bow:

Probably gonna be the first Battlefield game I buy since Bad Company 2.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 06, 2016 9:53 pm

General Games Discussion - Page 9 AnotherIgnorantBlacknorwegianelkhound

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat May 07, 2016 1:21 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Definitely getting Overwatch, most fun i have had on a FPS in god knows how long.

This is why you don't EVER doubt Blizzard

Pretty much gold with everything they make
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat May 07, 2016 10:36 am

#S5

Game: Trauma Team.
Year: 2010.
Genre: Medical Simulation, Visual Novel.
Publisher: Atlus.
Developer: Atlus.

General Games Discussion - Page 9 Url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjYuqe11MfMAhVJvBoKHagABcwQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dvd-covers.org%2Fart%2FGame_Covers%2FNintendo_Wii_Game_Covers%2FTrauma_Team_DVD_NTSC_Custom_f2.jpg.html&bvm=bv.121421273,d

First things first, I am changing my rating system to better rate different genres according to their own rules. It will still be from 50 quality points, but every title will start from 25 and earn/lose points according to criteria important to the titles and genres themselves.

Predicting that another game focused on surgery wouldn't be very different from the last, and wanting to emulate medical drams such as ER and Grey's Anatomy, Atlus must have decided they needed to put in more doctors and professions into the Trauma series.

As such we have Trauma Team, which gives you control over six doctors, each in their own profession. The result is the crowning achievement of the Trauma series, even if it does lose some of the best parts of the previous games.

"Medicine has its limits, and passion cannot save lives"

In the previous Trauma games, the story revolved around the central surgeons only, and their experiences. Culminating in some medical terrorism story lines, using some outlandish disease in its center.

This time around, the story is a little bit more grounded, focusing on the interconnecting lives of six doctors, each with their own demons to face. At first, with a few exceptions, the stories mostly involve the characters themselves more so than their patients. Which makes the build up to the central epidemic more organic.

Before the story goes into high gear, the game makes an excellent attempt at foreshadowing the catastrophic disease that is coming. Mostly through the forensics gameplay section, figuring out the tragic stories of the dead was the highlight of the whole experience.

Mostly, this is due to the excellent characters themselves. While not all of them work (Tomoe if a shallow caricature of a Japanese honor-bound character), they are mostly a cool bunch. Of course, this extends to the supporting cast, from the hardened cop with sunglasses for eyes, to the one-time characters who reside in the backstories of dead people.

The story unfolds according to your own choice of episodes. You can choose to mix and match between characters, go through one character completely, or just do as I did and take it from left to right going down as you go. Actually, I would suggest that approach, as I think it is the best order for the story to unfold.

In the past Trauma games, Atlus showed an ability to create some really cool characters, and a really good story. This time around, they stretched that ability to its limit without showing too much cracks.

Interesting Story: +5
Cool Characters: +5

"I see corpses all day, one more wouldn't bother me"

The central change in Trauma Team from the series is the introduction of five more different gameplay styles other than surgery. Besides surgery, there is forensics, diagnosis, endoscopy, orthopedics, and emergency.

Surgery is the exact same as the last two games. With a number of tools, you are tasked with operating on a patient, mostly through pointing the wiimote and very limited motion controls. Emergency is nearly the same, but with a more limited tool-set, and the responsibility to juggle multiple patients as well.

For forensics and diagnosis, the game becomes more of a visual novel. Similar to games like Ace Attorney, its more about detection than arcade surgical skills. In forensics, I wouldn't mind an entire game focusing on that, because it is just another point of view in the detective genre. As for diagnosis, you are tasked with finding the symptoms and detecting the disease based on those symptoms.

Orthopedics is probably the simplest of all game modes, and the most resembling the classic surgery board games. In them, it is a simple matter of pointing and using the tool in the per-prescribed way.

Finally, there is endoscopy, which I found to be the worst part in the game. Ironically, its only the worst part because of a central flaw in the system; having to "push" the Wiimote to move inside the patient. Its inaccurate, and makes the whole thing more troublesome than it should.

Overall, the difference in game modes keeps you engaged throughout, and the strengths of one mode compensates for the weakness in another.

Variety in Gameplay: +6
Endoscopy isn't that good: -1
Forensics and Diagnosis are good: +2

"All one needs is the resolve to stay calm"

With six different game styles, it obviously means that trauma Team doesn't go deep into any of them. Arguably, the forensics and diagnosis sections are fully realized and the number of chapters dedicated to them is perfect. I can say the same for orthopedics which is too simple to have too many cases dedicated to it.

The obvious loss is surgery, as the game doesn't nearly go to the depth the series is known for. Hence, super fans of surgery in the previous games might be a little disappointed.

However, what will disappoint them most is the clear downgrade in challenge in the game. Whereas in the last game I struggled to get Bs, here I managed to get S scores that I do not think I fully deserved. This considerably lowered the barrier of entry, and I would say needlessly so.

In the last game, there was an easy mode for those who didn't enjoy the extra challenge. There is absolutely no reason to change normal mode into easy, and then lock away hard until after completion.

In my opinion, the tense challenge of the series lent a sense of urgency to the procedures. It served as a substitute to the actual stress in the operation room. Stress that wasn't close to being there in the game until the end.

Lack of Challenge: -3
Hard Locked Behind Completion: -2

"If conferences saved life, I would be the first one in line"

To support its episodic structure, and the medical dram theme, the game incorporates a stylish comic book structure to its scenes. The screen is divided with sharp lines, a big part of it showing the current scene (which is moving) while you see the greyed out stills of other scenes in the edges of the screen. At first, I didn't much like this style, but I got used to it, and I think the game wouldn't have worked without it.

True to the series's roots, the game's characters have excellent designs. This excellence is not only in their 2d portraits, but also in the various expressions they have and the stylish placeholder drawings as the scenes transition from one comic panel to another.

Generally, the game has much more animation than in the series past, with characters moving around the panels and even some animated scenes in key narrative points.

Continuing with the excellent voice acting of New Blood, Trauma Team has a mostly good VA cast with the exception of one of the worst VAs for a child I have ever heard. In Japanese anime, if you are not getting a child actor to do the voice, then you will hire a girl to do it. Until I heard this "child" talk, I didn't appreciate that fact.

In the sound level, it seems there are mixed opinions on soundtrack. Some think its too jazzy for a medical dram, and that's true to some extent. However, the soundtrack dramatically shifts once the story goes into top gear, and I think the operation tunes are the best in the series by far.

Character Design: +3
More Animation: +1
Good VA: +2
Good Music: +2

In Conclusion:

Atlus didn't want the series to stagnate and repeat itself. In my opinion, New Blood improved in every way over the first game, and I didn't see much room for improvement without also becoming too familiar. To avoid that, they made Traum Team as a completely different game, featuring some completely different play styles.

However, it was not only in gameplay did they make changes, but also in the style of the story and the fact that they had more characters to focus on.

I think the gamble paid off, as Trauma Team is a great game that is among the Wii's best. After all, it couldn't have worked out in any other system.

Final: 45/50

"Tips"
1- Make smart use of mydical syringes.
2- In Endoscopy, make sure not to hit the patient's inside walls.
3- Save often in Diagnosis and Forensics, I have never failed, but it would be a major pain if failure means you restart from the start.
4- In Emergency, do not focus on your patient too much, sometimes you need to switch to another an give them some medical syringes.
5- In Orthopedics, make sure to understand the timing of the drilling, screwing, and hammering tools.

"Next Game"

As a final game in the series, Trauma Team is an excellent swan song, as well as a reason to make us wish for another Trauma game. Its a genre without many games, and I hope Atlus does something with the IP in the future.

Next game in the list is #32, and it features the fatter, greedier version of Mario. Wario Land: Shake It! probably has a lot of shaking involved, as well as a lot of money and gold. I actually rarely played Wario Land games, with the first memory of playing one was in a K-Mart store in the US nearly 15 years ago.

Stay Tuned
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 07, 2016 2:05 pm

As rumored, Rocksteady's first two Batman games will be re-released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, it seems. A GameStop employee has sent images of an unannounced "Batman HD Collection" to Eurogamer, suggesting the bundle will include new versions of Batman: Arkham Asylum (2009) and Batman: Arkham City (2011), as well as all DLC for both games. This matches up with the report from March 2015.

Batman: Arkham Origins, created outside of Rocksteady by WB Games Montreal, will not be included. Arkham Asylum and Arkham City were originally released for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, as well as PC.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/batman-arkham-hd-collection-coming-to-ps4-and-xbox/1100-6438942/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gamespot%2FrwMn+%28All+Game+Things%29

Would have bought it if Origins was included
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 07, 2016 2:14 pm

Same feeling, outside of a very small percentage of games i don't feel like buying remasters atm anyway.

I'll probably get the inevitable Bioshock one and Red Dead if they ever decide to do one but that's probably about it. Between Uncharted, Overwatch, Witcher 3 DLC being out before E3 and then Deus Ex in August i don't really have time for it either.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sat May 07, 2016 3:08 pm

CBarca wrote:

This is why you don't EVER doubt Blizzard

Pretty much gold with everything they make

iunno

Wings of Liberty into Cataclysm into Diablo III were dark times.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 07, 2016 11:53 pm

Get that E3 thread rolling @pedram

So rumours that sucker punch will announce an infamous 1 n 2 remaster on PS4. Along with an exclusive spiderman game. If they are making it then it should be quite good. But spiderman game to be a sony exclusive seems a bit unfair to xbox one fans

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 08, 2016 12:01 am

That rumor was a fake Amazon listing iirc.

BTW the Spiderman leak seems to have some substance although i don't know whose working it, oh and BTW the reason it's a PS4 exclusive because Sony has the rights now.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun May 08, 2016 12:13 am

Spiderman game by Infamous guys would be insane, cant wait for it.

P.S. anyone remember this Beaut?

http://media.gamestats.com/gg/image/object/694/694997/UltimateSpiderMan_PS2_BOX-US.jpg
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun May 08, 2016 12:26 pm

Didn't want to make a thread for this but seriously watch this clip. I haven't laughed this much for a long time

Top banter
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next