Valkyrja
halamadrid2
Perucho21
Doc
sportsczy
24 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

CL Final:  Undecima, here we come! - Page 7 Empty Re: CL Final: Undecima, here we come!

Post by titosantill Sun May 29, 2016 1:35 am

i think we actually had that conversation either before or after the atletico match we lost @ home if i'm not mistaken...let's not get ahead of ourselves though, this doesn't mean we should expect every castilla to play like him. what i like most about the kid is his attitude, when he stepped up for the first pk i think i was even more frightened than him. i kept telling my girl (who wasn't interested) and our kids "how can u put a novice to take your first pk"? trust me, other youngsters or even professionals would have frozen. you guys got me on that one, touche. james and isco smh, they probably got more talent than the guy but he's got attitude......i hope he keeps it up, so that someone doesn't come next season and say "you were hyping lucas". giving props doesn't equate to "hyping"

Last edited by titosantill on Sun May 29, 2016 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total

titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

CL Final:  Undecima, here we come! - Page 7 Empty Re: CL Final: Undecima, here we come!

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun May 29, 2016 1:41 am

Yup we all did and as much as I love James, I love the club more.

No player will change that and Lucas this entire season has been killing it and well deserved praise for him all around :bow:
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Sun May 29, 2016 2:00 am

titosantill wrote:i think we actually had that conversation either before or after the atletico match we lost @ home if i'm not mistaken...let's not get ahead of ourselves though, this doesn't mean we should expect every castilla to play like him. what i like most about the kid is his attitude, when he stepped up for the first pk i think i was even more frightened than him. i kept telling my girl (who wasn't interested) and our kids "how can u put a novice to take your first pk"? trust me, other youngsters or even professionals would have frozen. you guys got me on that one, touche. james and isco smh, they probably got more talent than the guy but he's got attitude......i hope he keeps it up, so that someone doesn't come next season and say "you were hyping lucas". giving props doesn't equate to "hyping"

While you can't expect all castilla to play like this, castilla are more likely to give players that want to fight for the team. Sometimes that fight can make up for lack of talent. Either way, it's the sort of thing that should give them first dibs at rotation spots (for the very least) when they're at or approaching a point where they could reasonably expect to be picked for a la liga team. I'm by no means advocating throwing in castilla just for the sake of it, but when they're ready or hinting at being ready, they deserve a chance to make a case.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 29, 2016 7:38 am

I agree Lucas, Carvajal, Nacho and even Kiko have all been excellent this season when called upon. Nacho is unlucly not to play more. I want more of those in my team and less of the James' no offence Falcaopunch. He is an excellent player but we need players who bleed for the shirt. Most of our record signings dont give a shite
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun May 29, 2016 8:09 am

When I saw Lucas taking the first penalty I knew that we were going to win Proud
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun May 29, 2016 8:41 am

CL Final:  Undecima, here we come! - Page 7 Image-jpeg

CL Final:  Undecima, here we come! - Page 7 Tumblr_o7wt6uy3wC1rjev45o1_1280

CL Final:  Undecima, here we come! - Page 7 Tumblr_o7wpmfPzJy1rjev45o1_1280

CL Final:  Undecima, here we come! - Page 7 Tumblr_o7wpi58PPG1rjev45o1_1280

CL Final:  Undecima, here we come! - Page 7 Tumblr_o7wpem4Rt51rjev45o1_1280

CL Final:  Undecima, here we come! - Page 7 Tumblr_o7wq0g28fh1rjev45o1_r1_1280

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun May 29, 2016 8:45 am

Luis *bleep* FIGO

CL Final:  Undecima, here we come! - Page 7 Image-jpeg
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun May 29, 2016 8:55 am

CL Final:  Undecima, here we come! - Page 7 CjlPreBW0AARXgc

:bow:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun May 29, 2016 3:11 pm

Two-time European champion at 24. I would expect nothing less from the best RB in the world.

BTW the jury is still out on the real reason he cried last night as he was leaving the pitch due to injury: was it because he wanted to bleed even more for his beloved club and was crushed that he couldn't, or was it because he saw Danilo warming up and felt bad for us rofl

But seriously though, that picture and that smile? I'm really happy for him. Enjoy Dani, you've earned it :bow:
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun May 29, 2016 3:34 pm

I have seen a lot of criticism of individual players over this past season and I would like to point out that most of the heavily criticised were excellent yesterday, Ramos, Marcelo, Kroos, Casemiro and Bale. I also thought Modric was great yesterday esp. In first half plus Lucas in 2nd half.

There is criticism today being thrown at Ronaldo and Benz, but they both were injured, in case you forgot, which can explain some of the flaws you were observing. It does seem as if a player playing with injury doesn't even enter your mind when this criticism flows!!

The only players that didn't perform well yesterday were Danilo and Isco and Pepe's embellishments were embarrassing.

But why criticise at all, can't you just enjoy?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 29, 2016 8:58 pm

Fans singing Lucas Vasquez' name. Kid is very popular amongst the fans. He was too shy to talk though bless him

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 29, 2016 10:34 pm

Epic trophy celebration at the Bernabeu atm
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun May 29, 2016 10:41 pm

Keylor: "I'd like to thank god, the fax machine and my teammates".
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 29, 2016 10:52 pm

rofl
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 29, 2016 10:57 pm

Kiko: Navas the best keeper in the world

You tell'em son
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon May 30, 2016 12:31 am

futbol_bill wrote:I have seen a lot of criticism of individual players over this past season and I would like to point out that most of the heavily criticised were excellent yesterday, Ramos, Marcelo, Kroos, Casemiro and Bale. I also thought Modric was great yesterday esp. In first half plus Lucas in 2nd half.

There is criticism today being thrown at Ronaldo and Benz, but they both were injured, in case you forgot, which can explain some of the flaws you were observing. It does seem as if a player playing with injury doesn't even enter your mind when this criticism flows!!

The only players that didn't perform well yesterday were Danilo and Isco and Pepe's embellishments were embarrassing.

But why criticise at all, can't you just enjoy?
I think this is a symptom of modern times. too many people complain and nitpick over the silliest things. the standards or rather the perception of standards has changed. With the advent of communication and bloody twitter, intelligible discourse has decreased.

of course, there is a time and place for criticism and some do deserve to be criticized but in recent times such has been blown way out of proportion.

I think the consistency of certain players and the nostalgia of players of old may have bent or twisted our perceived standards or preconceived notions of who or what are world class. elite, gifted, good, etc.

Having said that, these are the facts as I understand them:

We're the european champions once again.
We've proven with the UCL triumph to be the top dog of Europe. To be UCL champions is to be the best. And we are it.

Everyone, even danilo who I thought had a better game in the final than the games before did their very best. and with these champions of ours we claimed the 2nd CL title in 3 years.

CR7 is el comandante, Ramos proves once again that he is the best cb around. Can't complain when the boys bring home the silver. I reckon it's time the criticisms stop. All things considered, we had an incredible season considering how it was started. Won the CL, Lost the league only by 1 point, CDR was management incompetence related. Honestly can't complain how things turned out. could have been much worse.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 30, 2016 8:20 am

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjqLsqOWUAAYsZz.jpg
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Mon May 30, 2016 3:51 pm

I think the criticism of pepe is unfair.
He had a stellar game.
He was unlucky that Torres out-smarted him by throwing his leg in front of him.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 30, 2016 4:13 pm

Criticism of Pepe? What are people insane?

Did anyone notice Griezmann or Torres because I didnt. Griezmann was so isolated in between Pepe and Ramos he started playing on the wing sending in crosses from the bloody half way line

The only criticism Pepe should get is play acting which was rather annoying not to mention it was right infront of the referee who should have yellow carded him for the blasphemy. Clattenberg must have thought :facepalm: is this what happens in LaLiga every week

Our whole team were excellent. Danilo tried but struggled against Carrasco's trickery and was poorly positioned for the goal and also Isco was off pace until extra time when he finally started playing good. Benz and Ronaldo were abit underwhelming too but we lost that target player when Benz went out even if he lost the ball alot so it works both ways. ZZ needs to manage his minutes next season because him constantly playing half fit in our most important games is abit irritating but hopefully with Morata ZZ will rotate alot more
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 30, 2016 4:38 pm

I have just finished watching the first half. I dont think any of us is giving ZZ enough credit for how we approached them from the get go. We were stretching them so much they didnt know who to mark. Very different from the usual sack of shite we witness against them. All of BBC were constantly interchanging which made man marking incredibly difficult for the Atleti players. I think they were overwhelmed by how different we played them. We went route 1 alot by playing long balls and winning the second ball. The defending was abit lazy in the last 15 mins but man they didnt have an answer to what we were doing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon May 30, 2016 5:00 pm

The only criticism of Pepe was his play acting or embellishment. That was actually embarrassing, at least laughable. Did you see the look on ref's face the second time? But that's not to say there wasn't embellishment with Atleti as well. Pepe just went too far twice!

And I agree completely about Zidane and tactics. And yet in general forum there are those (and Nick) saying Zidane doesn't have any tactics!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 30, 2016 6:24 pm

It's infuriating Bill. Zidane apparently fluked his way to the CL trophy and the 12 straight La Liga wins to end the season Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon May 30, 2016 7:01 pm

Sports, don't take it too hard, they are just making those statements to troll you! And Nick, he just makes these kind of statements (from time to time) to initiate contraversy and to goat you into predicable reaction. With Nick, we agree 90% of the time so I think he takes these tactics to promote conversation, otherwise he gets bored! :coffee:

Seems to me you have given me this same sort of advice a few times in the past.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 30, 2016 7:06 pm

yeah i know...  i'm too emotionally involved here Laughing

Going to be an interesting summer mercato.  Since we won the CL...  I fear we will do very little. If this happens, there's very little we can do tactically to change because BBC is very limiting. And then people will say Zidane is boring and unimaginative of course Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon May 30, 2016 7:17 pm

Agree. BBC will limit every manager in the world. This final again showed they are unproductive and only great thing about the trio as a whole is all of them are aerial threat.. I'm not talking about them individually. They are all world class footballers but collectively they are a tactical disaster imo.

If Zidane with full control on transfers can't destroy bbc once and for all then nobody can.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 30, 2016 7:37 pm

The one thing that will make an impact is if the midfield is stronger... so it can impose its will on people offensively and defensively. Right now, Kroos is limited defensively and Casemiro is limited offensively. I don't think we should give up on Casemiro because he can develop as he is young. But I think we can upgrade on Kroos.

Other part is Marcelo... i really don't like what he brings. The problem there is that the LB market is so thin. But we need to bring in some real competition for him.

I'd also change one of Ronaldo or Benz but that's just me I guess. Changing both isn't feasible imo.... but one should be.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next