Am I the only one who think that Ibra to Man U is not a great idea ?

+15
Adit
ExtremistEnigma
Lord Awesome
Thimmy
RED
Luca
windkick
Robespierre
Kaladin
futbol
Cruijf
rincon
sportsczy
Hapless_Hans
LeBéninois
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Am I the only one who think that Ibra to Man U is not a great idea ?  Empty Am I the only one who think that Ibra to Man U is not a great idea ?

Post by LeBéninois Thu May 26, 2016 10:02 pm

Am I the only one who think that Ibra to Man U is not a great idea ?

Seriously, a 34 years old player who likes to drop deep and who is not an actual number 9 coached by a defensive minded manager whose teams don't really get more than 40% of the ball on average. Add to the fact that Ibra will be discovering a new league and he's not the kind of guy that you bench easily. If I was a Man u fan I wouldn't get my expectations too high if he ever signs.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one who think that Ibra to Man U is not a great idea ?  Empty Re: Am I the only one who think that Ibra to Man U is not a great idea ?

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 26, 2016 10:07 pm

Man United have Ed Woodward as CEO and they just hired Mourinho after 1 year of Moyes and 2 years of van Gaal.

The concept of 'great ideas' is not part of their universe. They are done as a club.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one who think that Ibra to Man U is not a great idea ?  Empty Re: Am I the only one who think that Ibra to Man U is not a great idea ?

Post by sportsczy Thu May 26, 2016 10:12 pm

Man U actually has some very good young players... but the problem isn't at CF. Rashford is going to be very good. They should really concentrate on the right wing and midfield areas.

That said, if Ibra is coming for free... you'd be crazy not to take him. Rashford is going to have to learn to play wide right it looks like.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu May 26, 2016 10:16 pm

Mourinho and Ibra already worked well once
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu May 26, 2016 10:25 pm

sportsczy wrote:
That said, if Ibra is coming for free... you'd be crazy not to take him.

Not really... Huge wages for an almost finished player with a massive ego. It's not a no brainer at all.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 26, 2016 10:28 pm

They are desperate for big names, to show they can still 'attract world class players'. Woodward is a huge muppet.

I love Ibra though so I'll be rooting for them next season :coffee:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 26, 2016 10:39 pm

He'll fail spectacularly as he always did when faced with real adversary. Remember how Barca was the laughing stock of the football world for trading Eto'o + money for him? That was in his peak. Now he'll be 35 soon and has only faced pub league level opponents the past few years. Berbatov 2.0.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu May 26, 2016 10:42 pm

Yes, Ibra always fails spectacularly.
Thats why he has 13 league titles to his name, most won by being the main man Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 26, 2016 10:43 pm

He had 53 goals and 16 assists this season ffs...  come on now.  Before people say some rubbish about Ligue 1, he had 5 goals and 3 assists in 10 CL games too.  

Ibra is still one of the best in the world without question.  They're not signing him to a 5 year deal Laughing  My guess is 2 years max.

The only time he played for a team that was an elite CL contender was Barca and he won the CL with them... every other team he was on was 5-10 range in terms of European hierarchy.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu May 26, 2016 10:47 pm

He didn't win the CL with Barca though
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu May 26, 2016 10:51 pm

That wasn't Ibra's fault, that was Pep being a tard
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 26, 2016 10:52 pm

rincon wrote:Yes, Ibra always fails spectacularly.
Thats why he has 13 league titles to his name, most won by being the main man Laughing

He won league titles in post Calciopoli Serie zZZzzz, with Barca where he flopped and in Ligue 1 where PSG won the league by 50 points or something like that. I've seen him LIVE for my own team for a whole season during his PRIME and I've seen enough to conclude that he is a huge flop when the pressure is on which you can also observe in his CL outings. What's worse: He can't adapt. He is like Messi, you have to play through him because he doesn't move. Doesn't suit the EPL at all.

Mourinho is also finished. Getting a 35 year old striker just because he used to work with him in the past. The pope is less conservative.

RIP United.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu May 26, 2016 10:53 pm

I know it wasn't his fault, Im just saying he didn't. Keeping the facts striaght.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu May 26, 2016 10:55 pm

futbol wrote:
rincon wrote:Yes, Ibra always fails spectacularly.

He won league titles in post Calciopoli Serie zZZzzz, with Barca where he flopped and in Ligue 1 where PSG won the league by 50 points or something like that. I've seen him LIVE for my own team for a whole season during his PRIME and I've seen enough to conclude that he is a huge flop when the pressure is on which you can also observe in his CL outings. What's worse: He can't adapt. He is like Messi, you have to play through him because he doesn't move. Doesn't suit the EPL at all.

Mourinho is also finished. Getting a 35 year old striker just because he used to work with him in the past. The pope is less conservative.

RIP United.

Good thing United aren't playing CL isn't it?
When a player wins the league 13 times, with 6 different teams in 4 different countries excuses have to stop. He is clearly doing it right. Specially when Ibra, like you say, HAS to be the main man. So with all the responsibility, he wins it everytime.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 26, 2016 11:02 pm

Well he won't win the league title with United, that much is for sure.

Anyway the bad idea is not getting Ibra on a free so much as getting Mourinho as coach.

It's hilarious that apparently people have already forgotten what happened just a few months ago Laughing

Chelsea's total collapse with Mourinho going into full on crazy and nasty paranoia mode, alienating the whole team, all that after having personally ok'd selling the best youngsters.

It's probably because Mourinho hasn't given interviews in months now, never before was a time when he was so little visible.
People have forgotten what a terrible guy he is Laughing

They'll be reminded soon enough though, what with Pep being at City Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu May 26, 2016 11:05 pm

Yep, I fully expect a collapse similar to this van Gaal thing in the near future again Proud
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu May 26, 2016 11:07 pm

Fussball has negative opinions for 90% of football things Laughing
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu May 26, 2016 11:08 pm

Lots of rumors in Mexico that our best prospect, Hirving Lozano, a fast wing player who is a good finisher has agreed to join Man Utd this summer. Not sure if true though but the kids great
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 26, 2016 11:09 pm

Robespierre wrote:Fussball has negative opinions for 90% of football things Laughing

Everyone and everything sucks, except everything related to Barca.

Except Pep.

Call me Molebol. hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 26, 2016 11:11 pm

Just so Barca, Bayern, Madrid, etc. fans keep thing in perspective... PSG won the leagues with Ibra with the following totals

2012-13 83 pts, 69 GF, 23 GA... won the title on the 35th matchday

2013-14 89 pts, 84 GF, 23 GA... won the title on the 37th matchday

2014-15 83 pts, 83 GF, 36 GA... won the title on the 37th matchday

2015-16 96 pts, 102 GF, 19 GA... won it sometime in late March

So other than this least season... both the point totals and the goals scored wouldn't have made it even close to Madrid and Barca totals for La Liga in those seasons. So who has an easier time with league opponents? The statistics overwhelmingly say Madrid and Barca.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu May 26, 2016 11:19 pm

Forget his age, age would only matter if you're: 1) building the team around him for the next 5+ years and 2) if he commands a high transfer fee, which he does not because of it being a free transfer

I think Ibra to Manchester United is a FANTASTIC idea. It allows them to spend money where they actually need it- in defense and in the central midfield area. On top of that, you get a leader, you get a winner, you get a player who is charismatic and stands out in a positive light. He also helps his teammates grow, with the young players United is currently bringing through, I think its the perfect fit because it allows that transition but keeps the team competitive right now.

This Mourinho defensive scheme, with 40% possession is mythical. This may apply to some matches and in the Champions League but it is certainly not the approach to every game. As if Manchester United is going to park the bus at Old Trafford against visiting Watford to grind out a 0-0 result on the 26th match day.

Even at the worst case scenario, Ibra flops. It's a free transfer. But Ibra does not flop. Criminally underrated.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu May 26, 2016 11:32 pm

Not too keen on this signing tbh. Just don't know what we'll get from him.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 26, 2016 11:40 pm

Can you revert thumb ups on here? I accidentally "liked" one of futbol's comments because the page was lagging :facepalm:
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu May 26, 2016 11:43 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Well he won't win the league title with United, that much is for sure.

Anyway the bad idea is not getting Ibra on a free so much as getting Mourinho as coach.

It's hilarious that apparently people have already forgotten what happened just a few months ago Laughing

Chelsea's total collapse with Mourinho going into full on crazy and nasty paranoia mode, alienating the whole team, all that after having personally ok'd selling the best youngsters.

It's probably because Mourinho hasn't given interviews in months now, never before was a time when he was so little visible.
People have forgotten what a terrible guy he is Laughing

They'll be reminded soon enough though, what with Pep being at City Laughing

Wouldn't read too much into Mou's managerial stint at Chelsea last season. It's been evident that Mou wanted to come to Utd since leaving RM, going to Chelsea eased the blow of missing out on the Utd job- was more of a stop gap till he got the job he most wanted (don't care what any Chelsea fan says otherwise, if one reads between the lines, it's obvious).

Last season was the culmination of a manager and a group of players going through the motion. They won the title the season before, so there was a lax attitude, the hunger was gone....you can tell from the players' body language. The whole escalation of the Eva incident was the spark that ignited the bad blood between Mou and the players...from that moment on they stopped giving a F*** even more and hid behind the turmoil.

I'm willing to believe that Mou will change, even if it's a little bit. He's a not a saint by any stretch of the imagination.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 26, 2016 11:48 pm

Mou is good for 2 years... nobody is forgetting how horrible he is in year 3. So Man U have 2 good years to look forward to.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next