Pedram
urbaNRoots
McAgger
El Gunner
LeVersacci
50 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 11 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by zigra Thu 16 Jun 2016 - 18:51

RealGunner wrote:
----------

Anyone think Arya will meet Daenerys on her way back to Westeros? Can see it happen if they are both on ships on their way back.

If you look at where Braavos and Meereen are... no.

map:

zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 11 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by RealGunner Thu 16 Jun 2016 - 19:07

What if Arya decides to go to Dorne?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu 16 Jun 2016 - 20:12

Heard the next episode is going to be 20 min Dany and 40 min Battle

Hopefully they start with Dany, so we can get rid of her quick
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 16 Jun 2016 - 20:13

battle of mereen followed by battle of winterfell

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu 16 Jun 2016 - 20:19

Battle of Mereen rofl

Can already tell whats going to happen Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu 16 Jun 2016 - 22:29

New theory I just saw in a YouTube comment section about the Arya story blew my mind.

THEORY:
Jaqen H'gar took Arya's face and went around town posed as Arya. He booked the ship to sail back to Westeros and it wasn't a coincidence that he wanted the cabin. Look at this video below and notice how Arya does not care about a cabin spot. I also wondered at the time of watching the episode how Arya had so much money. It makes sense that it was Jaqen.

Also notice how the Aryain the video below is right handed when the real Arya is left handed(Maisie Williams actually talked about having to force herself to be left handed throughout being on GOT as the actress herself is right handed in real life). And then there's the amount of money, the carefree attitude, etc.

So Jaqen usese Arya's face to lure The Waif back to Arya's original hiding place where we left her three episodes ago laying with Needle in the dark. Deliberately leaving blood stains in the walls and what not.

Jaqen had been disappointed at The Waif abandoning her Faceless Man training and adopting a personality that hated Arya. Remember the part where The Waif says "You promised ME" and Jaqen says something like "pity...a girl had so much talent". We assume he was referring to Arya but he was probably referring to The Waif.

It may be a long shot but it makes total sense to me. What do you guys think? Not sure if it has been posted in this thread already. Too lazy to go all the way back lol.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 5:49

RealGunner wrote:What if Arya decides to go to Dorne?

Laughing
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 5:51

shit. I best not give D&D any ideas.

cant want Danys, Dorne snakes and Arya at the same place lmfao

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 7:35

Blue Barrett wrote:New theory I just saw in a YouTube comment section about the Arya story blew my mind.

THEORY:
Jaqen H'gar took Arya's face and went around town posed as Arya. He booked the ship to sail back to Westeros and it wasn't a coincidence that he wanted the cabin. Look at this video below and notice how Arya does not care about a cabin spot. I also wondered at the time of watching the episode how Arya had so much money. It makes sense that it was Jaqen.

Spoiler:

Also notice how the Aryain the video below is right handed when the real Arya is left handed(Maisie Williams actually talked about having to force herself to be left handed throughout being on GOT as the actress herself is right handed in real life). And then there's the amount of money, the carefree attitude, etc.

Spoiler:

So Jaqen usese Arya's face to lure The Waif back to Arya's original hiding place where we left her three episodes ago laying with Needle in the dark. Deliberately leaving blood stains in the walls and what not.

Jaqen had been disappointed at The Waif abandoning her Faceless Man training and adopting a personality that hated Arya. Remember the part where The Waif says "You promised ME" and Jaqen says something like "pity...a girl had so much talent". We assume he was referring to Arya but he was probably referring to The Waif.

It may be a long shot but it makes total sense to me. What do you guys think? Not sure if it has been posted in this thread already. Too lazy to go all the way back lol.

How do you explain Arya trying to reflex her stomach wounds at Lady Crane's place using her left hand? Laughing

Why would Jaqen give Arya multiple chances to redeem herself but did not even talk to Waif about her personality and vendetta against Arya? Instead, he does not mind one bit whether Waif dies.

This Jaqen-Waif theory is the laziest theory I have heard tbf.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 10:03

All these theories give GRRM far more credit than he deserves.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 10:42

Blue Barrett wrote:He booked the ship to sail back to Westeros and it wasn't a coincidence that he wanted the cabin. Look at this video below and notice how Arya does not care about a cabin spot. I also wondered at the time of watching the episode how Arya had so much money.

Not intended to discourage you(as I am big fan of these theories too, especially the ones associated with the faceless men as they will be always cool Proud ), but these two are totally different circumstances i'm afraid.
When she was on her way to Braavos, she was broke, she was kinda scared, knew no one barring a cool nameless assassin. She wasnt exactly on good confidence either at that point in time. So it makes sense for here to not insist on a cabin and accept whatever the ship's captain gave her.
Whereas here she was a new person with renewed skills and confidence. She might have gotten that money from the time when she sold those clams and cockles. She was begging as well for sometime after going blind. We dont know each and every thing she did there in Braavos. So I think we can assume that she had made money some way or the other.
So.. you know.
Its not a convincing evidence enough to point out that those 2 are different persons.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 18:44

Blue Barrett wrote:New theory I just saw in a YouTube comment section about the Arya story blew my mind.

THEORY:

The only way Jaqen can take Arya's face is by killing her. And somehow i doubt we will have Jaqen pretend to be Arya for the next 2 seasons..
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 18:48

Oh I miss the days where storytelling could just be good without having twist and turns at every turn. These theories are so awful. Every single week.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 19:44

The writing on Arya's arc has been awful this season. People can't accept it being what it was so they are grasping at straws with these theories.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 22:09

M99 wrote:The writing on Arya's arc has been awful this season. People can't accept it being what it was so they are grasping at straws with these theories.

Agreed, Arya's arc is as awful as the Dorne's arc after Oberyn Martell's death.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 11:55

I think you guys are right.

But how about this one though? hmm

After the last episode, It just seemed very suspicious that a Spy Master leaves the city just before a massive naval assault. And since the whole community here is enraged about the directing & writing, I couldnt confirm nor deny those suspicions. Then I remembered shit load of stuff which just proved my point more in my opinion.
At this scene varys after mentioning what he heard and saw during his ''cutting'', which are also mentioned by the priestess at mereen few episodes ago. He says '' there is no worse scenario than someone who has that kind of ''dark'' power sitting at the iron throne ''.
Deanerys' fleet burning is quickly attributed to slave owners, which does not make much sense. They know she wants to conquer westeros, and they know it is in their best interest that she leaves. Destroying the means of transportation of daenerys and making sure that she stays at slaver's bay longer doesnt make sense. It makes sense for someone who doesnt want daenerys to leave for conquest soon. I geniuenly dont beleive it was slave owners who burnt down the fleet.
All through out the books, Varys repeatedly says that he serve the realm. He ignores all kinds of right to rule, names, laws and only keeps the peace&interest of the realm as the sole criterion. It doesnt sound right that he would help a vengeful conqueror. Let alone a vengeful conqueror who is the prophecized saviour of the religion he hates and fears for the purposes concerning his lack of genitelia
Lastly and I think most importantly, A *bleep* SPY MASTER who supposed to know what you ate for breakfast three days ago ( 2x08, davos to mathus ), doesnt know anything about dozens, if not hundreds, of ships coming at his location for an invasion. Also this GRANDMASTER OF SECRETS AND WHISPERS AND BIRDS and shit leaves the city before that massive fleet arrives, in order to secure alliances ( Insert grey worm's '' thats the worst joke I ever heard '' line here. )
Can I get my own tinfoil now ? Always wanted one of those
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 16:48

GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 11 Got10
(click to enlarge)

This scene was almost taken straight from the book :bow:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 18:30

I wonder who made the decision to change trebuchet to catapult? Not a big change at all, but I'm just wondering if HBO thought the audience wouldn't know what a trebuchet is.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zlatan Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 20:36

This season was doing fantastic till the last two episodes, barring the Dorne scenes. Let's just hope that Mark Mylod doesn't get to direct anymore episodes

Zlatan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 20:41

Yep, the season started on a high but then slowly descended in the middle with jobber episodes mostly filled with fillers just to progress other arcs, at least the Battle is shaping up to be good
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 21:54

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I wonder who made the decision to change trebuchet to catapult? Not a big change at all, but I'm just wondering if HBO thought the audience wouldn't know what a trebuchet is.

Lol half the audience wouldn't have known what a trebuchet is, so it was the right call.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 21:56

Zlatan wrote:This season was doing fantastic till the last two episodes, barring the Dorne scenes. Let's just hope that Mark Mylod doesn't get to direct anymore episodes

ES wrote:Yep, the season started on a high but then slowly descended in the middle with jobber episodes mostly filled with fillers just to progress other arcs, at least the Battle is shaping up to be good

Has there ever been any season of GOT where episodes 5, 6 & 7(and sometimes Cool weren't used to develop arcs and set up the final 2 or 3 episodes? That's how GOT has always been, no? Most of the other seasons even have slower episodes 1-4 than this season did.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 21:57

Blue Barrett wrote:
Zlatan wrote:This season was doing fantastic till the last two episodes, barring the Dorne scenes. Let's just hope that Mark Mylod doesn't get to direct anymore episodes

ES wrote:Yep, the season started on a high but then slowly descended in the middle with jobber episodes mostly filled with fillers just to progress other arcs, at least the Battle is shaping up to be good

Has there ever been any season of GOT where episodes 5, 6 & 7(and sometimes Cool weren't used to develop arcs and set up the final 2 or 3 episodes? That's how GOT has always been, no? Most of the other seasons even have slower episodes 1-4 than this season did.

Season 1 and 4 definitely did not. Neither did last season tbh with ep 8 being Hardhome.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 22:15

S5 and S4 spoiled us with great E8's (Hardhome and The Mountain vs The Viper), before that S1-3 pretty much always set up for E9-10 in E7-E8.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 22:48

Even if past seasons had slower episodes, I really don't consider them as "fillers", because if it's one thing I love about this whole series, is the whole political maneuvering that we used to have going on. You know, the whole 'Game of Thrones', you win or you die... I'd be stuck to my seat anxious to see what Littlefinger's motives are, who Vary's supports, what stupid shit Sansa will come up with and Tyrion being Tyrion. Hell, if we put in all the flashback scenes, there isn't actually that much new material.

With so many deaths, such limited time, and to make us connect already known characters to the storyline, the writing pretty much had no choice but to take freedoms in order for it all to "coherently" flow. But it doesn't, and to a book reader it just seems iffy at times, so that's
just me bitching again. I know their limitations.

Buuuut, I feel they could have handled a lot of the writing in a much better way without it going all gung-ho Hollywood as it has this season (and to fukcing Dorne, which I guess to a series only reader had as much emotional weight as the mountain crushing some random soul).

If we take out all the awesome writing and all the neat history and completely gritty survival politics, we are left with any random fantasy world with the old beings out for revenge, and the young, determined hero out to balance the power with dragons/magic steel/seemed-to-be-extinct-mysticism formula.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 0:52

The problem isn't that there are not enough "big" episodes. No show can have only big episodes, it just doesn't work like that and tbh it doesn't even matter. An episode doesn't have to include some HUGE event or an amazing reveal or shocking death or whatever to be good.
But when your writing is bad and your dialogues are mostly shit, people will notice as soon as there are no big events to distract them and (imo) that's the problem.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next