Pedram
urbaNRoots
McAgger
El Gunner
LeVersacci
50 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 12 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by zigra Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:52 pm

The problem isn't that there are not enough "big" episodes. No show can have only big episodes, it just doesn't work like that and tbh it doesn't even matter. An episode doesn't have to include some HUGE event or an amazing reveal or shocking death or whatever to be good.
But when your writing is bad and your dialogues are mostly shit, people will notice as soon as there are no big events to distract them and (imo) that's the problem.

zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 12 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:58 pm

Let's not forget that characters from season 1 to season 6 half nearly halved if not 3/4 down. Not enough people/stories left to do big episodes. Jon and Danys are the only characters with big things to come. Bran as well but his watch has ended for the season.

Last edited by RealGunner on Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:14 am

Honestly, you lot are just spoiled Laughing

The worst GOT episodes are still better than 95% of the rest of TV shows out there. I don't think there's any doubt about that.

We're just used to having GOT at 15/10 that when we get 8/10 episodes, we start crying rofl
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:37 am

No.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:38 pm

I totally agree with all of you.
This season albeit being spectacle filled and events filled is hollow in inside if you look closely. The consistency you got from an episode in a s03 or 04 is simply not found anymore. You get a grand special effects scene to which everyone will bow down in meereen or at the wall. But then the show writers without the help of GRRM are struggling to effectively portray an intense KL scene which is coming after that. The dialogues, the one-liners, the chemistry theres something missing in all of them. Those kind of scenes are actually the ones that made GoT the show it is now.
More Hollywoody this seasons been.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:08 pm

Hype trailer before tonights episode Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:52 pm

Honestly baffled at the amount of sourness in this thread. This season has been outstanding as a whole, last episode was weak (and only in Braavos and Meereen, the rest were good) but the remainder of the season has been very strong. I think some of you guys are overreacting.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:52 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Honestly baffled at the amount of sourness in this thread. This season has been outstanding as a whole, last episode was weak (and only in Braavos and Meereen, the rest were good) but the remainder of the season has very strong. I think some of you guys are overreacting.

I agree, this season has been amazing since E2 until the last episode which was not as strong. And I'd say deservedly not rated as highly because the episode was very Arya-centric and her storyline was disappointing.

I have no doubt that E9-10 will bring back the enthusiam as E2 did after the S6 premiere.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:29 pm

Even in Epi 1 90% of the complaints were about Dorne, and the show has wisely not given us any more Dorne since then (although they're supposed to come back in Epi 10, gulp).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:42 pm

Agreed as well

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:10 pm

LeVersacci wrote:So when Arya & Crane was talking about the world they were talking about "west for Westeros"

You think there's more than just Westeros and Mehsos?

No one knows, a Stark sailed west long ago to see what was there and never returned, and there's myth about a land west of Westeros where the creatures said to have built the Seastone Throne supposedly came from, but nobody really knows man.

There's an old, and I mean OOOOOOLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD theory, which has only really been discussed in whispers over the years for some reason, that speculates (and I'm not sure if I should even spoiler this theory since it's validity has been cast in doubt by GRRM, but I'll spoiler it anyway since if it turns out to be true in some form, whether just in the books or both in the books and the show people will be mad lol)
Spoiler:
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:19 am

Anyone watching it live?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:58 am

EDIT: I just checked and it's all clear boys, someone was spouting bullshit. So don't worry about getting spoiled for the finale, it's not out in the wild. I can't promise that HBO won't actually mess up during the coming week lol, but they haven't today.

Last edited by Jonathan28 on Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:15 am

Episode 9

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:16 am

Spoiler:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:26 am

Spoiler:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:19 am

One of the greatest episode in television history. I can't remember time going this fast in any tv show lol. It was 50 minutes gone already in about half a second ffs

Holy shit I am still shaking.

Jon snow you absolute legend. When he was standing there waiting for Ramsay's army to come to him on horses. That entire passage of play was so emotionally powerful.

That battle scene was fantastic. Great great directing. When Jon was being buried underneath. The tracking shot before. Masterful.

The entire GoT fanbase was with Jon in spirit when he was beating the shit out of Ramsay. Was literally shouting at the TV ffs. Go on son. Ramsay got the death he deserved. Shame Ghost didn't eat him.

Rickon dying. Surprisingly I couldn't care less.

Sansa though. She has turned into a savage Laughing All the events in her life has finally changed her. She is going to be a great queen. Littlegandalf arriving with the Rohirrim of the Vale Proud

Wun wun Sad Sad  MVP ffs.

Thankfully Tormund is still alive

Loved the opening sequence as well. Daenerys was great. Was a bit rushed meeting with Theon n co but it was good. Notice how both Daenerys and Jon won their battles.

Easily one of GoT best ever if not the best. On there with hardhome, door and blackwater. Maybe even better

9.9/10

Last edited by RealGunner on Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:46 am; edited 4 times in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:29 am

Sansa fast becoming my favorite. We waited for a blood thirsty Stark for far too long. Putting him in a cell, really John? Laughing
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:01 am

God DAMN what a good episode! The Meereen stuff alone would have made this a GOAT episode, but it was just a tease of what is to come. Loved almost everything. Have some nitpicks but will leave them for later.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:06 am

Also can't believe they had the budget for both the battles of Ice AND Fire. This episode looked like the most expensive TV episode in history.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:20 am

Maybe that's why they had to give us two not so impressive episodes.

Hope they make twice as much and continue giving us these eps.

Also imagine finale will have white walkers so more CGI there
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:41 am

The best episode in the history of television, showed the gruesome consequences of war better than any show. Absolutely spine-chilling, still feeling jittery. Especially when Jon ran out to Rickon, and holy shit, can we givee an applause to Tormund? The guy is a f*cking tank, Wun Wun tho....smh. I was confident Jon was going to die when he ran out to Rickon as well, to see him battered shaken, dirtied, bloodied, stamped on, beat on, crushed on is nothing short of amazing. And Davos, holy shit, Davos is the type of guy you'd trust your kids with, unsung hero of the battle, commanded extremely well in Jon's absence. When they finally, broke through into Winterfell and Jon 1v1ed Ramsay, i was actually shadowing his punches, thats how much i f*cking hate Ramsay. Mereen was forgetful, DanyWinsLol and all that, only interesting part was when the Ironbornes came, other than that couldn't care less about some CGI dragons

10/10 episode, top 3 episode for me just short from: Lost Season 3 finale, and Breaking Bad's 'Crawlspace' episode
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:43 am

My heart is still in my throat, i can't calm down, this episode holy shit
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:15 am

I know man. I know

Still hyped AF lmao

waiting for @LeVersacci
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:36 am

GOAT EPISODE BY FARRR!!!!!!

I was too busy watching the NBA Finals but I finally caught up! Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dany looked awesome for once. FINALLY got all 3 dragons GOATing at the same time. Tyrion with the awesome outro. Greyworm with an absolute badass move.

The battle! OMG! AWESOME STUFF! I NEED TO WATCH THE EPISODE ALL OVER AGAIN! I honestly thought Jon was gonna die, if not from the arrows when he went out to meet Rickon but from being caught in the stampede.

Oh and is this the first time we've had Littlefinger be in an episode without him saying a word? Laughing

As much as I hate Ramsay and absolutely loved his death(shout out to Sansa finally becoming a likeable character), you have to give credit to him. That battle plan to draw Jon out and ruin Jon's plan plus the battle formation was absolutely brilliant on his part. Not even gonna lie about it. Smart bastard.

Can't wait for Walder Frey to get his comeuppance finally.

BRB GOTTA WATCH THE EPISODE AGAIN! SILICON VALLEY CAN WAIT!
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:44 am

HOOOOOOOOOLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SHIT

MY *bleep* LORD.

THE BEST EPISODE OF ANY TV SERIES I HAVE EEEEEEEVAAAAH SEEN.

Just finished watching. WOOOW. 10/10.

Even the Meereen scenes were goat. I *bleep* loved Yara's conversation with Danny. The CGI was impeccable on Drogon.

But Bastardbowl just wow. I cannot believe I witnessed that battle in a *bleep* TV show. WOW. That battle rivals any movie battle I have seen. Honestly the emotions going through me watching was sooo real. I felt like I was in the goddam battle.

God he absolutely destroyed Ramsay in the one on one fight. I thought Ramsay would put some sort of fight but my got Jon obliterated him.

Sansa Shocked Otherworldy. She has come so far, I always imagined Jon would be the one to turn this badass but wow Sansa, take a bow.

Wun Wun Sad

Tormund is a monster, my god.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next