Pedram
urbaNRoots
McAgger
El Gunner
LeVersacci
50 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 34 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:05 pm

Emilia Clarke is a painfully bad actress

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 34 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:47 am

Freeza wrote:Emilia Clarke is a painfully bad actress
She. Can. Only. Speak. In. One. Tone.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:05 pm

I don't know why Blackwater is so well regarded... watched it 3 times now and I have no idea what's going on and where any of the characters are at different times.

Don't think there were any establishing shots in the entire episode. So confusing.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:18 pm

Blackwater was awesome but one of the weaker big battles in game of thrones for me.

Bastards>>>>>>>>>>>
Hardhome
Watchers on the wall
Blackwater
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:25 pm

Think I agree with Freeza. I remembered Blackwater as a great episode but my flatmate recently started watching the show and we watched Blackwater together. Both agreed that it was actually quite generic. Not bad but far from great.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:34 pm

Blackwater was the best battle episode though, by far the best character moments (Cersei considering suicide, Trion's speech, the f*** the king moment). Bastards was the best battle from a military standpoint.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:06 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Blackwater was the best battle episode though, by far the best character moments (Cersei considering suicide, Trion's speech, the f*** the king moment). Bastards was the best battle from a military standpoint.

Well I'll have to see how the other battles hold up watching them again.
Didn't really like Tyrions speech. That was actually one of the points that I remembered a lot better than it actually was. *bleep* the king was still great though.
It's true the episode has its good moments but I think the battle itself isn't anything special.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:15 pm

The blackwater episode was great not because of the battle but because of all the implications and characters.

For Hardhome and Battle of the Bastards it was battles like I don't really remember watching before.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:41 pm

Blackwater's battle scenes were absolutely atrocious compared to later battles imo. I had no idea what was going on Laughing

There also was no finish to it. Which seemed weird. They probably spent the entire budget on wildfire and didn't have the money that could make the battle make sense.

Episode 10 of that season is much better imo.

Cersei's moment with Sansa was amazing though. Great character.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:00 pm

Time to resub for HBO
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:56 pm

Kinda makes sense that the budget and battles would improve as popularity and budget increase?

But as an episode Blackwater is better than Bastards. In Bastards you have non sensical decisions and cheap twists like Jon ruining the entire battle plan, Youngest Stark not sig sagging or making any effort to avoid the arrows, Sansa hiding her army, etc. The battle was much better, but the writing regressed.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:21 pm

Youngest stark not running zig zag is bad writing now? Would you expect a kid that age to be smart enough to do that? He most likely hasn't seen Apocalypto.
There's just as many stupid actions in Blackwater as other episodes. Stan is being stubborn and killing the rest of his army. Deus ex Machinas galore to end the battle. Cersei keep saying they need Ilyn to help them die, then leaves. Sansa staying in King's Landing.

Yeah so much better.

Fact is the battle was impossible to have any sort of spatial awareness in. That's not a good thing.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:31 pm

I don't consider any of that bad writing. Everything included, one of the best episodes for me.

Characters being human and making bad decision isn't bad writing. If they are indeed well written characters, then we can't expect them to be perfect. Nothing there was particularly out of character for any of them.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:28 pm

Don't consider either of the episodes written particularly well (Laughing) but the zigzagging part isn't bad writing really.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:31 pm

Bad writing isn't characters being stupid, but characters acting out of character.

Bad writing would be Ned Stark being Jon Snow's father. It goes against everything about his character.

Good writing is Ned Stark being naive/stupid because they fit the character.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:59 pm

Freeza wrote:Bad writing isn't characters being stupid, but characters acting out of character.

Bad writing would be Ned Stark being Jon Snow's father. It goes against everything about his character.

Good writing is Ned Stark being naive/stupid because they fit the character.

Precisely, Sansa not telling Jon about her army is out of character because of her loyalty to Jon (only surviving kin that she knows of) and she wouldn't hesitate to save more northerner lives. It would only have made sense if she was making a play for queen in the north, but then she stepped aside and let Jon take the crown. It was completely illogical and out of character, thus it was bad writing.

Not sig sagging was as well, at the time it was rightly criticized by nearly everyone, but not as big a deal.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:14 pm

I don't agree with those two points though. I thought they fit. How was that stupid kid supposed to know anything?

Might change my opinion once I get there.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:29 pm

Bad writing was Wun Wun fighting off Boltons with his bare hands when it was already established in Hardhome that he can can wreck zombies with a log if he wanted to. Bad writing is also a hail of arrows hitting everyone but Jon.

I wished the earlier seasons had the budget the show has now. They actually had the iconic chain part on Blackwater but had to cut it because it did not fit the budget. If you think thats disappointing TWO major battles were cut from season 1. Whispering Wood skipped over to Jaime being caught and they avoided the decoy battle by knocking out Tyrion. The showrunners wanted both battles to be shown on screen.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:16 pm

I always read Jon not getting hit with arrows as divine intervention or a metaphor/subjective camera.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:20 pm

It's the same reason he survived when he first faced that OP wight in that rescue mission.

He has the biggest plot armour in the book/series.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:27 pm

To be fair (just thought about it as we talked about Blackwater) Stannis had some pretty impressive plot armor in that episode as well.
I think in the books Tyrion might actually edge Jons though Molenation
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:32 pm

RealGunner wrote:It's the same reason he survived when he first faced that OP wight in that rescue mission.

He has the biggest plot armour in the book/series.
well he couldn't die (for real) until his real parents were revealed, now he is fair game
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:38 pm

Actually can't predict his end game.

I do think GRRM has something bad planned for him. Either turning him into the next night king or being killed by Arya. But he is going to survive till the last 3-4 chapters at least.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:41 pm

Can't wait for the reveal of the time traveling fetus tbh
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:41 pm

Lady Olenna just showed up. She's my main man :bow:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:46 pm

RealGunner wrote:Actually can't predict his end game.

I do think GRRM has something bad planned for him. Either turning him into the next night king or being killed by Arya. But he is going to survive till the last 3-4 chapters at least.

At this point (and probably all points hmm ) its hard to predict most of the end games for any of the main characters. At this point everyone seems 100% fair game except imo Dany surviving whatever westerosi war to face off against the others.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next