Curtinho
iftikhar
15 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Liverpool Season 2016-17 - Page 4 Empty Re: Liverpool Season 2016-17

Post by Unique Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:39 pm

iftikhar wrote:
Unique wrote:It's on at 03.30 to late for me. I will watch it on my kodi tomorrow afternoon

Unrelated Topic Alert Smile

Weren't you managing some weekend team? What's the status?
season ended. we finished mid table and I quit. not enough commitment shown by the players. we had about 9 balotellis in the squad. eco smile

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:11 pm

lmfao Unique.

Sturridge and GW to start against AC, That's cool we get to see a decent squad play and they won't be very effective so half of us will be disheartened. Razz
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:36 pm

Nishankly wrote:lmfao Unique.

Sturridge and GW to start against AC, That's cool we get to see a decent squad play and they won't be very effective so half of us will be disheartened. Razz
game kicks off at 03.00 my time so I cant watch it. my birthday tomorrow and I have people coming round so I cant sleep all day Sad
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:37 pm

Will wish you tomorrow main man.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:44 pm

Nishankly wrote:Will wish you tomorrow main man.
thanks buddy Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:07 am

Georginio Wijnaldum makes his first Liverpool appearance and Daniel Sturridge starts up front against AC Milan at Levi’s Stadium tonight.

The Reds take on the Italian side in their second International Champions Cup fixture, with kick-off set for 3.05am BST (7.05pm local time in California).

Wijnaldum is handed a debut by Jürgen Klopp following his switch to the club last week, while Sturridge is named in the team for the first time this summer.

Trent Alexander-Arnold, Jordan Henderson, Simon Mignolet, James Milner and Adam Lallana are also brought into the XI, while Nathaniel Clyne and Divock Origi are notable inclusions on the bench.

Liverpool team: Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Klavan, Milner, Henderson, Lallana, Wijnaldum, Coutinho, Mane, Sturridge.

Substitutes: Manninger, Clyne, Firmino, Moreno, Brannagan, Origi, Ings, Stewart, Wisdom, Markovic, Ojo, Randall, George.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:25 am

Happy birthday!
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:32 am

Damn definitely watching this. Can't wait to get a look at Gini in CM.

TAA starting RB :bow: Kid is gonna be star in that position for us. Better upside than Clyne. Really hoping he shines so we just move Clyne to LB and Moreno is given the Enrique treatment.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:00 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Happy birthday!
thanks buddy Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:11 am

Yeah Happy Birthday official in GMT lol. Enjoy your day!

Great performance against Milan, Final third has been very poor.

FT 2-0 ( Origi, Firmino )
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:40 am

Man, Origi looked great. I could even see him being our starting striker as soon as this year if he continues to build on last year's form.

Mane continues to impress but needs to work on his final product a bit.

Thought Wijnaldum was solid. He made some really nice off the ball runs and his one touch passing and quick decisions were on display he made one really nice pass at one point to Coutinho under pressure up the field and Coutinho put it to Mane where he really should have scored.

I would be ok with Can/Wijnaldum as our midfield 2 this season for most games.

I'm also very ok with Milner being our starting leftback. Moreno with another horror tackle this game. Please don't make us have him as a starter going into the season.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:51 am

Mostly agree with Curtinho, Except Milner.

I don't think Milner and ATA who's 18 and a midfielder should be sacrificed just because we are too cheap to buy another full back this window. Its not fair to them. I don't really think Hector and Chilwell were the only targets.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:02 pm

Curtinho wrote:Man, Origi looked great. I could even see him being our starting striker as soon as this year if he continues to build on last year's form.

Mane continues to impress but needs to work on his final product a bit.

Thought Wijnaldum was solid. He made some really nice off the ball runs and his one touch passing and quick decisions were on display he made one really nice pass at one point to Coutinho under pressure up the field and Coutinho put it to Mane where he really should have scored.

I would be ok with Can/Wijnaldum as our midfield 2 this season for most games.

I'm also very ok with Milner being our starting leftback. Moreno with another horror tackle this game. Please don't make us have him as a starter going into the season.

Starting LB... ? Seriously... He looked like a poorly positioned DM half of the time he was on the pitch. He was drifting high and central quite a lot. Granted, this is likely at least partially due to the amount of possession we had. However, it shows his natural tendency to drift inside when played on the left and toward a midfield position. I can deal with him as defensive cover, but as a starter... oh, no... no, no, no.

Mane just needs a goal. His movement looks great, and his creativity is showing. He jsut needs to slot one home before the start of the season in order to get that particular monkey off his back. You could see how desperate he was against Milan, when he smashed one directly at the keeper. A confident Mane slots that into the corner.

I see Origi pushing his way into the striker slot periodically over the course of the season, but I'm of the opinion that neither Sturridge, nor Origi will begin the season in the starting XI. Shocked

Wijnaldum looked good, and I'm excited to see him become more comfortable in the squad. Once he gets comfortable, I can see him replicate the Gerrard-esque runs we've missed. (Note: he is not Gerrard, but he can make the same sort of powerful runs from deep that we saw throughout the 2000s).

I am also beginning to think we WILL begin the season playing mainly a 4-3-3 (4-3-2-1... whatever you want to call it), and I'm beginning to see the appeal. With runners/workers like Hendo and Gini as the wider CMs and Can as the controlling CM, the midfield is fairly resolute. It also plays to everyone's strengths. The only problem is that it requires at least one (possibly 2) of Sturridge, Origi, or Firmino to be dropped. However, with proper rotation and man management, we may be able to manage the situation.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:34 pm

I see Origi pushing his way into the striker slot periodically over the course of the season, but I'm of the opinion that neither Sturridge, nor Origi will begin the season in the starting XI. :Shocked:

Who is better than Sturridge at Liverpool ?
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:47 pm

LeBéninois wrote:I see Origi pushing his way into the striker slot periodically over the course of the season, but I'm of the opinion that neither Sturridge, nor Origi will begin the season in the starting XI. :Shocked:

Klopp has been experimenting with Firmino up top by himself most of the preseason when we play 4-3-3.

But I disagree with Treddy. One of Sturridge/Origi will definitely be starting because i think we'll play 4-2-3-1/4-4-2. Firmino will be used as SS/AM where he's best at.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:55 pm

Don't call me James wrote:
LeBéninois wrote:I see Origi pushing his way into the striker slot periodically over the course of the season, but I'm of the opinion that neither Sturridge, nor Origi will begin the season in the starting XI. :Shocked:

Klopp has been experimenting with Firmino up top by himself most of the preseason when we play 4-3-3.

But I disagree with Treddy. One of Sturridge/Origi will definitely be starting because i think we'll play 4-2-3-1/4-4-2. Firmino will be used as SS/AM where he's best at.
I don't like firmino as a striker at all tbh.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:22 pm

I think DTOR wants Ingsy upfront hmm
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:26 pm

tbh I would have ings as 3rd choice. we will play with 1 striker and I would start with Sturridge then origi.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:23 am

2-1 FT

I guess Roma's players needed to be sharper as they managed to score just once against Mignolet and a Stewart-Wisdom CB pairing.

Center midfielders were Can and GW. Can looked rusty obviously. GW was completely invisible. Was limited in every way. I hope either Klopp has realized this or he plans on training GW to improve himself there.

Moreno went off with a dead leg, He was pretty torrid yesterday as well.

Manninger was okay but imo he should atleast got a hand to the Dzeko shot.

The second Roma goal was comical rofl
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:21 pm

To be fair to most of the players they looked pretty tired and couldn't be arsed to run in a lot of phases of play. I'm counting this one as a write off except a few players looked good...Milner looked good at LB (and thank god, because Moreno is absolute shit) and Mane still looks quite dangerous. Sturridge was getting in good positions but had no finish. Can hasn't played much and neither has Wijnaldum so they both get a pass from me.

The only one who doesn't get a pass is Mignolet. I swear it's like he's afraid to go after the ball. He's going to cost us points while Karius is out I have no doubt about that. If we have to see both Mignolet and Moreno on at the same time...heaven help us.

All that said we had our chances and just didn't really take them. Allison looks a tidy keeper.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:05 pm

Don't call me James wrote:

Klopp has been experimenting with Firmino up top by himself  most of the preseason when we play 4-3-3.

This was exactly what I was getting at. (Sorry, Art. I like Ingsy, but not as a regular starter for us.) I think we will switch between Klopp's more standard 4231 and the newer 433. We saw mainly the 4231 last night, possibly switching to the 433 at some point in the second half (it was difficult to tell from where I was seated).

For me, our best "Striker" varies with the system we're playing. Sturridge is the best out-and-out striker in the squad. However, with the new 433 variant, it helps to have a striker that drops deeper, allowing space for movement between Mane, Coutinho, Wijnaldum and Henderson. Sturridge can play this role, too. However, for my money, Firmino is better at playing a false9. It simply come more naturally to him.

As for last night, I have a hard time taking too much away from the game. Being our 2nd match in 3 days, our side was exhausted, the squads were mixed, the subs were varied, and the weather was far from ideal (mid-90s and super humid). I would expect the squad to look far better against Barcelona. It will also more closely reflect Klopp's assessment of our best 11/12 players to start the season.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:36 pm

Guess we play Barcelona today, I want:

No injuries: Please.

Respectable performance: Klopp's philosophy work against these types of teams.

Respectable score: Less than 3 shipped in.

Coutinho plays shit: For obvious reasons.

Suarez doesn't nutmeg anyone.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:59 pm

Confirmed #LFC team to face @FCBarcelona: Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Klavan, Milner, Can, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino, Mane.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:03 pm

Daniel Sturridge has been left out of today's #LFC squad as a precaution due to a slight hip issue.

rofl
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:14 pm

Nishankly wrote:Confirmed #LFC team to face @FCBarcelona: Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Klavan, Milner, Can, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino, Mane.

I think this with Henderson instead of Lallana is likely to be our most used XI (maybe) and Matip instead of Klavan...and eventually Karius over Mignolet.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:10 pm

Nishankly wrote:Daniel Sturridge has been left out of today's #LFC squad as a precaution due to a slight hip issue.

rofl

lol it's started. At least now we got Origi whom I prefer as a starter anyways.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next