RealGunner
El Gunner
Freeza
14 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Night Of || HBO - Page 5 Empty Re: The Night Of || HBO

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:42 pm

The numerous reasons Hames listed a couple of pages back PLUS when the detective is trying to find out what happened from his POV he just sits there coming across as 100% guilty, doesn't even attempt to explain himself and usually that's fine because he's being smart and wants to lawyer up first? Nope, he's just sitting there like an idiot.

No attempt at an explanation. Nothing from his side. Just sits there barely mumbling a word after a botched attempt at getting away from the crime scene which done nothing but hurt his case even more. Some College student that. Thick.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:50 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:The numerous reasons Hames listed a couple of pages back PLUS when the detective is trying to find out what happened from his POV he just sits there coming across as 100% guilty, doesn't even attempt to explain himself and usually that's fine because he's being smart and wants to lawyer up first? Nope, he's just sitting there like an idiot.

No attempt at an explanation. Nothing from his side. Just sits there barely mumbling a word after a botched attempt at getting away from the crime scene which done nothing but hurt his case even more. Some College student that. Thick.

Only 3 episodes in right? I think it makes more sense after today's episode why. Also i really don't think explaining anything would help, like at all. He was guilty the moment we walked into the door.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:51 pm

Oh and didn't he try to make a break for it in the police station too? rofl rofl

Can't sympathise with Worlds most retarded lead character.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:51 pm

But then again, if you hate the feet thing Laughing That's not going away. I think it's great personally. Such a great character trait.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:52 pm

Yeah 3 episodes in. Not far off of the half way point so I decided if i'm not enjoying it now it's a time waste. Will skim through GL to see how it all played out but the mystery part for me is not enough.

I'd have preferred it if the lead character actually came across as a legit innocent who didn't just get peer pressured in to drinking, abusing drugs including a pill that could have been anything, and playing 5 finger fillet and slipping the murder weapon in to his own jacket pocket.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:54 pm

Freeza wrote:But then again, if you hate the feet thing Laughing That's not going away. I think it's great personally. Such a great character trait.

It's clever, but it's also disgusting and arm eczema would have turned me off less. An itchy arm and a rolled up sleeve is fine. Watching a laywer walking around with a disgusting foot and leg with sandals on in court is just hilarious. Took me out of the show. Looks worse than the tramps outside my favourite kebab house.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:02 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Yeah 3 episodes in. Not far off of the half way point so I decided if i'm not enjoying it now it's a time waste. Will skim through GL to see how it all played out but the mystery part for me is not enough.

I'd have preferred it if the lead character actually came across as a legit innocent who didn't just get peer pressured in to drinking, abusing drugs including a pill that could have been anything, and playing 5 finger fillet and slipping the murder weapon in to his own jacket pocket.

Yea im in the same as you Tom.

I was hoping they would lean towards the murder mystery instead of his prison life

MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:14 pm

think I read finale will be 1 hr 45 min long, probably with commercials so about 80 mins

think they will find Naz guilty even if he isnt
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:16 am

Can't wait. This last episode was amazing.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:18 am

Forgot to watch episode 6 and just realised i had 2 to watch :bow:

Last episode was amazing. Loving the trial but also the prison life. That final scene with Freddy, Naz and that other guy was fantastic. So much emotion. Scene cutting to Box as well. Was really well done.

Think this might have an open ending. We have 3 suspects with tom yates, nail polish guy and the felon guy. Evidence still points to Naz.

Chandra kissing Naz though. She is going to be put off with the case due to conflict of interest. Stone will probably take over.

We probably will see Naz sentenced and he will be ok with that because he might be enjoying his life in prison more than he did outside.

I really hope Freddy is just looking out for Naz but he has to be involved in all of it ffs. Amazing actor.

Love that cat sidestory ffs. That cat is so cute

Can't wait for the finale
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:20 am

The pilot was so good that it was difficult for the show to keep that same quality. I guess it was the expectation of what I had for the show. Like others thought it would be more about the mystery side but it's more of crime/prison/judicial thriller. Which is fine. But it sucks that I had different expectations for it.

Anyways I'm all caught up and hoping the finale gives us concrete answers and doesn't leave the murder open ended even if they decide to have Naz take the fall for it in the court. Which I'm guessing is what is going to happen. We'll find out Naz didn't kill her and the jury will still convict him. The show is a bit of an exposé into the problem with the American judicial system and also the prison system and what it makes out of inmates.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:18 pm

Caught up with it. I agree with the complaints of it being slow. Really did not affect me since I binge watched, but I can see why people dislike it, the complaints are legit. The BBC show was 5 episodes and this they are dragging out to 8.

I have a feeling all three suspects and Freddy are involved in the murder. Something like Tom Yates asking Freddy to kill her, Freddy sending Duane Reed or creepy funeral guy to do it, or Duane Reed seeing creepy funeral guy come out of the house, something like that.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:42 pm

B+ show overall. John Turturro was the best thing about the show. Great performance throughout.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:17 am

Decent ending. Nothing spectacular.

Even though at the end Naz is saved and it's a positive ending, that's not how the viewers feel. The whole ending is sad because the Naz that we knew from episode 1 has long died, this new Naz is the result of the criminal/judicial system that absolutely *bleep* up innocent or guilty people.

the cat was a beautiful parallel throughout the show and I'm so glad his fate was similar to Naz at the end. I kept worrying about the damn cat the last 15 minutes Laughing

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:29 am

It was a tragic story overall. Even till the end the only thing which really was saved was the cat. But i don't think the cat symbolised Naz. It was just a metaphor for criminals and people who were undesirable and stones saw that through the advert at the end.

I really liked how they told us this story. Subtle hints and left everything else for the viewers to answer.
Naz's life is pretty much ruined. He isn't welcomed in his community anymore. His dad blames himself for the tight upbringing of Naz (that dialogue asking him to go out was pretty sad). His brother blames him for ruining his life. His relationship with his mother is ruined because she didn't believe in him. He has become a drug addict and is in remorse for Andrea's death.

John Turturro stole the show though. Amazing performance.

Freddy was my top 3 character as well. Glad he had no malice for Naz. Pretty much saved Naz's life. Felt nothing for Chandra though. She was pretty shit as a lawyer. Box was good.

Overall I really liked the show. It was different to what we see nowadays. Acting was outstanding.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:15 am

Great show, but it definitely tailed off towards the end after a strong start. I never thought Naz did it, but I wasn't expecting a mistrial. There were simply too many other guys with better motives and opportunities.

John Turturro was excellent. This has be at least SAG and Golden Globe worthy. Not sure if it's Emmy level, but it probably will be.

Wasn't at the level of True Detective S1, which kept you captivated throughout, but it's close.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:06 am

Lol, RG once warned me to use the spoiler tag for some bullshit irrelevant crap and now people are talking about the ending of a show with details and everything's fine.

Cool story!

Last edited by Vlad the Impaler on Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:19 pm

Series did not turn out to be all that great. I found the original series to be much better even though the ending of that felt really rushed. The acting was the best part of the show. Amazing work by John Turturo, Riz Ahmed and Michael K Williams.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:27 pm

I loved it, from the beginning until the end! For me, everything was amazing.

One of my favorite TV series ever.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:55 pm

Thank you GL. I was just looking for a good show and couldnt find a proper one.

This could fill up the void in my soul that The Killing left. Although nothing comes close to 'The Killing' IMO which was a perfect show.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:31 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:Lol, RG once warned me to use the spoiler tag for some bullshit irrelevant crap and now people are talking about the ending of a show with details and everything's fine.

Cool story!

The way it works in this section is. You spoiler tag it in the general TV discussion thread since it's highly likely most haven't seen it otherwise there would be a thread for it.

In a specific thread like this one or GoT thread, you talk about the show as soon as the episode is out or you stay out of the thread.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:52 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:Lol, RG once warned me to use the spoiler tag for some bullshit irrelevant crap and now people are talking about the ending of a show with details and everything's fine.

Cool story!

Dude you spoiled episode 3 of Band of Brothers in TV thread for those who might not have seen it. I don't know why you're complaining now.

Like RG said you can post all the spoilers you want in the show's thread after the episodes have been aired but the general TV thread is for people who are looking for things to watch and it's sucks if they have spoilers posted before they even get a chance to start the show.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:45 pm

I'll be honest, you all know how I felt midway through after the show. However, the last 2 episodes were amazing, and I'm glad I left them to binge one after the other.

What can I say overall about the series. It's good. It's not a watse of your time, but it's not something I'd recommend to someone like "Mate, you should definitely see this." I mean it had 4 great episodes, and 4 which felt very very ordinary.

I'm kinda not pissed at the open ending. I think the last 2 episodes were brilliantly done, except for the part where Andrea"s boyfriend came out of nowhere as a "final move" to "seal the deal" that in all likelihood, Naz wasn't the killer.
Does anyone still slightly feel Naz could have done it?

Anyway, for what it was at the end, a show on how prison life and the judicial system can affect people, it was really good. The acting was brilliant, the sidestories with Stone's stress issues and eczema, and the metaphorical cat were all delicious Wink
And John Turturro, my god, best performance in a tv series thus far this year! :bow:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:19 pm

I understand how things go here, now.

But the fact that I said a name of a character (not one of the main characters) who died in BoB isn't a big thing. In fact, it's inspired from true events which happened in a world war. It's pretty obvious in my opinion that many characters will die.

Another thing is the large number of characters. If you don't know a thing about it, it's very probable that you will forget the name I mentioned in that thread, which is pretty much different from discussing an ending of a show (not a detail lost in ep.3) without spoilers.

I didn't know those rules about how we should post in threads. I am not sorry though.

So if I didn't start watching a TV Series, I should completely avoid entering its specific thread. I get it now.

Personally, I thought the shows' threads are just because you can track them easier if you want to read something about it than searching in the General TV thread through all the pages.

Thanks! Now it will be just fine. Thumbs up
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:57 pm

Outstanding. Truly. After the 4th episode I had thought I would binge the rest. And thats what I did. And wowwwww. The final 3 episodes I think were just brilliant. And the season finale was epic. Loved every bit of it. Ending was perfect too for me personally. 9.5/10 overall.

Turturro!! Proud Glad he got this role. Always loved him right from his Miller's crossing and Barton Fink days. Always thought he was one of the most underrated actors out there. Surely he will get recognition and acclaim for this performance. That closing statement he gave. :bow:

Michael Kenneth Williams who played Freddy. Proud Molenation In fact everyone played their part to perfection. Amara Karan who played Chandra!! :wub: Anyone who has seen Wes Anderson's Darjeeling Limited would have recognized her, Sweet Lime. Smile Was so sexy in that too.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:55 pm

Just watvhed the Pilot and it wasnt as good as people made it out to be. I'll look into next ep's later
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next