RealGunner
El Gunner
Freeza
14 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Night Of || HBO - Page 3 Empty Re: The Night Of || HBO

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:58 am

Man this show's suspense is so beautiful.

The symbolism with the cat going into the pound and Naz Proud

The female lawyer obviously has a different angle, probably the scope of this case being so huge she wants that fame. Kicking Stone to the curb like that damn.

Wonder what Omar wants with Naz. but I love the realism of the prison scene, damn. I would be scared shitless if it was me.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:02 am

Yea feels like that lawyer just wants the fame and spotlight. She will obviously try her best to win the case but even if she loses she will still get enough attraction.

I don't really blame the parents for asking her to takeover.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:17 am

Firenze wrote:Bodie looks exactly the same age as he did in the wire rofl tbh so does Omar. Black don't crack indeed.

Guy is 40, looks 18. It's insane Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:37 pm

Isn't the guard guy Frank Underwood's former chef/gardener as well hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:14 am

Finally caught up with the 3rd episode. Just wow!
The best one so far for me. Really loved each n every scene in this.

The Freddy guy is like the king of that prison. Even influencing the guards and stuff. So i felt it was all planned. I mean the rest of the inmates trying to freak Naz out while this guy smoothly come across as a protector. Wont be surprised if they are doing it intentionally to get Naz closer to Freddy.

Like the rest of you said, doesnt have a clue as to where this is going. Symbolisms are mind boggling yep. The True Detective we deserved indeed @Firenze bruh. Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:01 pm

new ep tonight yeah?

hype
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:07 pm

Yea tonight.

Was thinking about it last night for no reason.

I think Stone and Box might form a duo to try and find out what really happened. I still don't think Box is a bad guy (longgggggggg shot).

After the cat incident Stone will realise that the back door can't be locked so it was open all night and hence the murderer getting in. So no doubt he will try and investigate further whether alone or with someone.

Still not sure who could have done it. They must have showed us the killer already. Like we discussed earlier, i hope it isn't tom yates. Would be meh.

Andrea faking the murder herself would be a good ending tbf
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:22 am

Amazing episode. From start to finish.

Freddy is an incredible actor man. Can see why he was in The Wire. Love the scenes between him and Naz.

That court room scene was so powerful. That was the first time anyone heard about what actually happened that night from Naz. Not even stone knew about the events. It was a telling moment.

That bitch lawyer turned out to be a bitch. Stone needs to get back on the case again.

Graveyard scene between Tom Yates and a pleb. Red herring or he might actually be more involved than we think?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:34 am

I think Naz did it.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:40 am

Once I saw the homie, I was hooked

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:41 am

I won't rule it out but it seems highly unlikely.

If he murdered her the way she died. He would have blood all over him. He had no blood unless he took a shower after and murdered her while he was naked. They kinda pointed that fact out (whether willingly or not) when Freddy was beating the shit out of that guy and how blood splattered all over Naz.

Think he is starting to remember slowly though.

Don't understand Freddy's endgame either.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:52 am

RealGunner wrote:I won't rule it out but it seems highly unlikely.

If he murdered her the way she died. He would have blood all over him. He had no blood unless he took a shower after and murdered her while he was naked. They kinda pointed that fact out (whether willingly or not) when Freddy was beating the shit out of that guy and how blood splattered all over Naz.

Think he is starting to remember slowly though.

Don't understand Freddy's endgame either.

Maybe Freddy had connections to the Basketball players in the start that Naz was tutoring. Freddy had someone follow Naz and frame him for murder to get him in prison so he could tutor him and he could increase his power through knowledge. Anyways, Naz is slowly beginning to remember.

I can't wait. The theory about Freddy seems far-fetched.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:59 am

Freddy's actor was GOAT in both The Wire and Boardwalk Empire. Has a series on Vice where he interviews people involved in The Black Market and crime. Gotta get around to watching that.

Anyway, seen some people that were complaining because although the show tries to depict how realistic something like this would play out, it's ridiculous that after being attacked a couple of times and being a high profile case that Naz wouldn't have his own cell by now or have been ostracized from general pop. agree with that, don't care though, such a minor thing, show is GOAT so far. Need to stop eating when watching those because they're going HAM with the nasty ass feet disease scenes. pale

Would bet money the show is going the Tom Yates did it route btw, Dat confrontation at her funeral.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:06 am

I have a feeling the murder will be a part of something bigger and Naz was just at the wrong time at the wrong place tbh. Freddy has to have something to do with it.

Don't think the father did it, but he's not clean.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:10 am

That feet thing really needs to have a HUGE payoff Laughing We have a 10 mins scene on it every episode ffs.

Btw someone mentioned how Stones frustration with with his eczema cure is parallel to Naz's family frustration with legal advice. Both are getting different advise leading to nowhere.

I won't mind Tom yates being the culprit now because they are focusing more on the drama surrounding the case and how it affects different people. I am not sure the mystery part is as important for the makers as it is to show Naz and his family's life. Like what happened to his brother was a pretty soft version of what really would happen in real life.

That pos who threw oil + hot water on Naz btw. Guy was a nutcase from the start. Keeps a picture of his niece's deadbody with him Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:12 am

Freeza wrote:I have a feeling the murder will be a part of something bigger and Naz was just at the wrong time at the wrong place tbh. Freddy has to have something to do with it.

Don't think the father did it, but he's not clean.

It sounded ridiculous at first in your earlier post (wasn't sure if you were joking?) but you can't rule it out lol. Freddy seems to have a huge influence on everything. Maybe he took some contract from someone to have Andrea killed but Naz was there at the wrong time. That's why the guy who Naz and Andrea met gave him a death glare as he probably was given the task to do it.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:10 am

So apparently this show is James Gandolfini's passion project. When he died Robert De Niro would've taken his role, but he was too busy. Turturro then proceeded to play the role.

Can't see anyone in the role but Turturro, he's amazing in this show. The foot storyline is my favourite in any show this year.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:24 am

that female lawyer tho. Laughing What a biatch. Knew from the very moment they showed her that she was an opportunist manipulative beep. I want No money my ass.

Turturro as Stone btw is Molenation Glad he got this role tbf. One of the most underrated actors out there. Loved him in Barton Fink and Miller's crossing. Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:56 am

Freeza wrote:So apparently this show is James Gandolfini's passion project. When he died Robert De Niro would've taken his role, but he was too busy. Turturro then proceeded to play the role.

Can't see anyone in the role but Turturro, he's amazing in this show. The foot storyline is my favourite in any show this year.

Nah disagree. Gandolfini would've been equally great.

Kinda think the last episode was meh.

Ep. 1 - great
Ep. 2 - meh
Ep. 3 - very good
Ep. 4 - meh

Don't want them to focus on the drama side of it more than the mystery @RG
They revolved the pilot around the mystery, so like hell if they just give it a cheap ending (eg: Tom Yates), and focus on prison drama. Would be pretty meh. Won't do the show's premise justice, we've already seen many great prison dramas before in tv history.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:57 pm

You disagree with the fact that I can't see anyone else in the role hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:51 pm

I disagree with the general idea brought up by your personal idea that you can't see anyone but Turturro in the role hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:56 pm

I dont want it to be a prison drama either. In fact the parts where they are showing the prison scenes are fast becoming the most boring and monotonous parts of the show. We have seen these kind of shit far too much. May be thats why.
Only when they show Turturro and to a lesser extend the Khans afterwards its regaining its appeal and my attention.
It could very well be just us(me and El Gunner). Others might be finding those parts interesting. So fair enough.

Seriously intrigued by how they are planning to take Turturro's arc forward. Its a really interesting character with so many flaws and imperfections that the GOAT actor is pulling off exceedingly well.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:01 pm

This is a movie the criminal system and you don't want prisons in it. Seems legit.

There has only been one truly great prison show and that was 15 years ago.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:05 pm

Personally love the prison scenes tbh. They are integral to Nasir's character and tells us a lot about him.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:10 pm

RealGunner wrote:Personally love the prison scenes tbh. They are integral to Nasir's character and tells us a lot about him.

Agreed, loved every scene in prison. Generally love settings with an established hierarchy where people have to adapt to survive.

Naz' character is really interesting because he's coped so well with prison according to his apparent lack of criminal experience. He fares so well it adds layers. Can't wait for next Sunday.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:14 pm

Freeza wrote:This is a movie the criminal system and you don't want prisons in it. Seems legit.

There has only been one truly great prison show and that was 15 years ago.

Yea but there had been movies. Plenty of them even.
I havent watched any other prison shows btw barring Orange is the New Black which is not even a prison show in the conventional sense of the word.
But what they were showing in this I dont know, it felt like seen before stuff to me. And quite frankly the scenes in this didnt hook me to it either. As I equate all prison films/shows to the best prison thing I have ever seen in my life, Starred up. And what they are showing here in terms of quality cant even hold a candle to that one.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next