Tomwin Lannister
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
LeVersacci
Thimmy
13 posters

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Call of Duty> You Thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: Call of Duty> You Thread.

Post by LeVersacci Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:02 am

Everyone praising IW campaign.

Apparently former ND devs were behind it aswell

Will probably try it out sometime.

LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:31 am

I don't know how to get good at this game. My positional and tactical awareness is clearly beyond shit, and I feel like I have to look over my shoulder at all times. Hell, I even tried camping in the spawn after being fed up with getting killed by nades and corner campers, and some sniper sitting in a dark corner on the other side of the map happened to be hardscoping in my direction before I showed an inch of my body out in the open. The majority of the encounters with enemies that I've been in have been me being in a shit position when some enemy spots me from a dead angle. And when I die, I get to watch my handicapped team mate crouch around the map with M16 and the worst basic ability for FPS games in the universe get 3x as many kills as me Razz I could have the accuracy and reflexes of the 60 year old swedish guy on my friends list and it wouldn't make a damn difference.

I'll keep playing the game, but I don't think I'll ever become good at it. Hell, I don't even like to snipe on it. More than half of my shots are hitmarkers and I usually get shot by a second enemy before I get a chance to fire off another one.

Top pet peeves in MW1:
-Getting killed by someone I can't see/from dead angle.
-Juggernaut and the frequency of sniper hitmarkers.
-"Pre-nades".
-Corner Campers.
-Ambush and that rainy map.
-Advanced Warfare textures/lack of color - struggle to distinguish distant enemies from scenery.

End of rant Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:55 am

Will post what you're doing wrong when I wake up. Just hit prestige so i'm of to bed.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:38 am

Most people seem to be comfortable with sitting back and waiting for something to appear in the distance. Which is alright. It's different from the fast-paced CoD games I used to love, but that's just it - it's a different cup of tea, it's a different game. I shouldn't have expected it to be something else. I've noticed that the best strategy on a lot of maps is to just wait out in the spawn until the enemy numbers start dwindling, which I thought was odd at first because that kind of strategy was considered lame in MW3. I know I get killed a lot because I get impatient and just move out on my own, but the stationary/campy nature of MW1 was not what I had expected at all.

In MW2/3 I felt more like a hunter, knowing where to be at all times and picking them out as they appeared. I mostly always knew where an enemy was shooting at me from, on the rare occasion that they spotted me before I spotted them. The maps had more isolated areas, and the open areas weren't so exposed from multiple angles. Firefights were all about confrontation in those games. MW1 is more about chillin near the spawn and moving out if it turns out we're dominating. Distance shooting and grenade throwing first, then close quarters firefights as a last resort.

It's not what I had expected at all, and I'm a bit disappointed that the majority of the games play out so passively, but I'll try to adapt to it since there won't be another MW remake for another 3 years at least. I'll stop whining from now on, but I swear this game + FIFA are shortening my life span drinking
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:05 pm

Thimmy wrote:I don't know how to get good at this game. My positional and tactical awareness is clearly beyond shit, and I feel like I have to look over my shoulder at all times. Hell, I even tried camping in the spawn after being fed up with getting killed by nades and corner campers, and some sniper sitting in a dark corner on the other side of the map happened to be hardscoping in my direction before I showed an inch of my body out in the open. The majority of the encounters with enemies that I've been in have been me being in a shit position when some enemy spots me from a dead angle. And when I die, I get to watch my handicapped team mate crouch around the map with M16 and the worst basic ability for FPS games in the universe get 3x as many kills as me Razz I could have the accuracy and reflexes of the 60 year old swedish guy on my friends list and it wouldn't make a damn difference.

I'll keep playing the game, but I don't think I'll ever become good at it. Hell, I don't even like to snipe on it. More than half of my shots are hitmarkers and I usually get shot by a second enemy before I get a chance to fire off another one.

End of rant Razz
The reason you're doing bad is that you're sniping in almost every map which gets you killed. As you said you don't really care about that though. If you really want to snipe in most maps then you need to play more defensive and not rushing in. Good example is on Bog. After the sniper war in the beginning you rush to the middle. That's not gonna work. You can start push to the middle after 2-3 out of the 6 is dead.

Another thing. You shoot as soon as you aim, which gives you hitmarker as it counts as hip fire. If you want to continue that playstyle then pick steady aim instead of iron lungs.

A third thing i've noticed with your sniping, is that you shoot someone then immediately move on even though you missed. That has gotten you killed quite alot in S&D.

Top pet peeves in MW1:
You might have learned the overall maps but you still don't know all the spots like the vets do.

This is annoying yeah. For this you gotta take the second shot asap before the target run away

-"Pre-nades".
Avoidable if you don't take the spots the nades come from. Crash & Backlot IIRC is the only ones out of the 10 where you can pre nade.

-Corner Campers.
Check your corners like captain Price said Razz

Another one where you gotta learn the map inside out. People usually don't go to the middle beacuse they're too scared. Take advantage of that and control the midfield (inb4 xavi)

*bleep* Downpour. Never playing that map

-Advanced Warfare textures/lack of color - struggle to distinguish distant enemies from scenery.
Don't really have an issue with this. Try to slow your game and look around your surrounding for movements.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:10 pm

Thimmy wrote:Most people seem to be comfortable with sitting back and waiting for something to appear in the distance. Which is alright. It's different from the fast-paced CoD games I used to love, but that's just it - it's a different cup of tea, it's a different game. I shouldn't have expected it to be something else. I've noticed that the best strategy on a lot of maps is to just wait out in the spawn until the enemy numbers start dwindling, which I thought was odd at first because that kind of strategy was considered lame in MW3. I know I get killed a lot because I get impatient and just move out on my own, but the stationary/campy nature of MW1 was not what I had expected at all.
You answered yourself why you're doing bad. Read this after replying to the other post Laughing

Cod4 is very tactical defensive. I almost forgot it. Until the TTK is fixed I doubt it's gonna change.

I don't really mind the defensive approach in this game as I have loads of patience, but I miss my run & gun style from the original.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:57 pm

You playing soon Thimmy? Nearly done with my exam project for today.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:48 pm

Top pet peeves in MW1:
You might have learned the overall maps but you still don't know all the spots like the vets do.True, but I really think it sucks that so many people are content with just standing or lying prone in one spot and picking out people from a distance, as opposed to actually moving around. I don't know what MW1 was like originally, but the map designs encourage camping.

This is annoying yeah. For this you gotta take the second shot asap before the target run awayYeah, hitmarkers are frustrating in any CoD game. I've just been exceptionally unlucky with them in this game. I can't recall getting more than 50% hitmarkers in any other game, but it's just bad luck.

-"Pre-nades".
Avoidable if you don't take the spots the nades come from. Crash & Backlot IIRC is the only ones out of the 10 where you can pre nade.They may not qualify as "pre nades", but early round nades are not completely avoidable as long as you move out of the spawn at the beginning of matches. People have a lot of nades in this game, and I've been hit with randomly thrown nades SO many times that I'm starting to think that the CoD gods hate me.

-Corner Campers.
Check your corners like captain Price said Razz
If people really want to corner camp or camp in the grass in this game, there's 1598 places to do so on almost every map. There's honestly not much corner camping at all in MW1:R, but there are so many small spaces to hide in and being killed by someone sitting in a camping spot you didn't even know existed is extra frustrating. Even though it doesn't happen very often at all Razz

Another one where you gotta learn the map inside out. People usually don't go to the middle beacuse they're too scared. Take advantage of that and control the midfield (inb4 xavi). Ambush is just poorly designed, in my opinion. I don't like a single thing about it.

*bleep* Downpour. Never playing that map
I've had some decently good games on Downpour, but I've also ran into enemies just lying prone in the grass with a silenced weapon and it makes me lose faith in humanity.

Don't really have an issue with this. Try to slow your game and look around your surrounding for movements.This isn't really a significant issue, but I struggle to see enemies hiding in really dark spots in the distance, and enemies who happen to wear the same color outfit as the object they're hiding behind. I actually noticed that you overlooked an enemy wearing a grey outfit on vacant yesterday. Only his head was visible and it looked like an extended part of the ammo crate or whatever he was standing behind. You only looked in his direction for a brief second before you turned around, though, and it's easier to spot enemies from a spectating view. A good example of where it takes time for me to distinguish enemies from scenery is that spot you usually stay in at the start of a round on Crossfire. It's a really good camping spot since it takes a little extra time (At least for me) to find someone barely sticking out from around a corner in the dark there. The colors in MW:R and AW look quite bland and everything kind of blends in together as a result of it. It looks more realistic than the more colorful MW2/3 and Black Ops graphics, but I'm not a huge fan of it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:01 pm

Just finished studying. You up mate?

And man I wish you had a mic. It's 10 times more fun when i'm using mic with that friend of mine that joins us in S&D from time to time.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:09 pm

LeVersacci wrote:Just finished studying. You up mate?

And man I wish you had a mic. It's 10 times more fun when i'm using mic with that friend of mine that joins us in S&D from time to time.

I can't use a mic after 22.00ish anyway. Girlfriend's orders. I'm working on building my own man cave in a different part of the house, so I don't risk waking her up when I play games or watch TV late at night.

I work as a teacher, by the way. Got about 2 hours of sleep last night, so I'm dying to get some sleep right now. Gonna hit the sack early.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:35 pm

Lmao get your sleep then ffs. Thought you had a day off yesterday since you played late with me.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:45 am

Call of Duty> You Thread. - Page 10 Image10

Call of Duty> You Thread. - Page 10 Image12

The amount of suffering I had to go through to get this http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/3V8qFHN.png
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:34 pm

Infinite Warfare 80 on Metacritic so far. 7.7 on IGN.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:36 pm

Thimmy we playing later right hmm
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:37 pm

M99 wrote:Infinite Warfare 80 on Metacritic so far. 7.7 on IGN.
Campaign the best in the series apparently. Zombies getting praised aswell. MP average af.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:14 pm

MT if you do some shit that gets me killed in S&D i'm deleting you.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:47 pm

Think i've dashboarded like 30% of my S&D games Laughing

http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/Jtqj3GI.png
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:14 am

I'm sorry Sacci, but I had to add that first clip. It cracked me up rofl Those damn frags seem to find me wherever the fk I go. I'll see if I can find the clip with the swimming ADHD guy tomorrow.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:54 pm

Upload the clip with the ADHD guy from our team last night. Was tearing up earlier this morning about his play rofl
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:18 am

That game on Vacant in S&D where we 2v5 is hands down my favorite game.

If only you had a mic aswell Sad
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:42 pm

Found out P90 is still a beast without SP/Jugg Thimmy. You can use it in GW with uav jammer & silencer.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:48 pm

LeVersacci wrote:Found out P90 is still a beast without SP/Jugg Thimmy. You can use it in GW with uav jammer & silencer.

Got silencer on it last night Molenation
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:20 pm

p90 silenced was my fav weapon I think in MW, goat run and gun
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:34 pm

Firenze wrote:p90 silenced was my fav weapon I think in MW, goat run and gun

It's pretty unreliable from mid- distances I think, but it melts players up close.  It was similar in MW2, where it tore people apart up close, but had insane and unpredictable recoil from longer distances. I prefer the Ak-74u for mid-range engagements - it's slightly steadier and has more predictable recoil + higher damage output means you can tap-shoot distant enemies more effectively.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:52 am

The player collision in this game is starting to frustrate me a lot. This team mate blocked me outside the fence on our side of the map, just so that he could throw a grenade over the fence before running back to our spawn ffs.

Laughed my ass off when you had another climbing moment, Sacci  rofl

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:55 am

*bleep* bs. Wanted to jump to counter his dropshot but nah m8 lemme just climb up beacuse *bleep* you.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next