Kaladin
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
Firenze
16 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 33 - WM 33 Edition - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 33 - WM 33 Edition

Post by Firenze Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:54 am

In an interview with Title Match Wrestling at WrestleCon this past weekend, Aron Rex, f.k.a. Damien Sandow, revealed that he is no longer with Impact Wrestling. Rex, who debuted a new Liberace-esque gimmick in Impact Wrestling last October and was a part of their television tapings this past January, hinted at possibly retiring.

"I don't know if this is going to be it for me, because you know I'm no longer with Impact," Rex said. "Ending on this note is not a bad thing. I'm not saying that I'm never going to get in the ring again, but this is pretty cool and I'd much rather have people remember me for all the good stuff."

Stay safe MT

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 33 - WM 33 Edition - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 33 - WM 33 Edition

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:57 am

Laughing I heard he's been a complete flop btw, even people who liked him in WWE admitting he's a scrub etc etc.

Like i said out of all the ones who left WWE recently the only one who is missed is Barrett IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:05 pm

I'm guessing Andrade Cien Almas and Shelton Benjamin come up on the Superstar Shakeup hmm

I'm predicting AJ Styles, Alexa Bliss, American Alpha, Kalisto (205 Live), Andrade (205 Live)  to RAW.

Seth Rollins, Sami Zayn, New Day, Enzo & Cass, Tamina, Charlotte to Smackdown.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:06 pm

he became an unreal fat mess after leaving wwe, remember posting pics here, just goes to show the grass isn't always greener, he was good on the mic, had a decent look etc, he should have stayed in WWE even the way he was being used, would have had a job for years Probably got tired because I remember reading he had lost hundreds of matches in a row at house shows etc but I never saw him as a potential top star, he would have eventually gotten some decent runs in WWE midcard though IMO
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:09 pm

why did barrett leave btw? was he annoyed at creative? agree he's the only one I miss, does he plan on wrestling again/has been wrestling? WWE always had decent faith in him but injuries kept derailing any steam he built up so it's as much on that as WWE misusing him at times for why he wasn't as big as he should have been. Hope he returns sometime. bad News was mad over.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:12 pm

M99 wrote:I'm guessing Andrade Cien Almas and Shelton Benjamin come up on the Superstar Shakeup hmm

I'm predicting AJ Styles, Alexa Bliss, American Alpha, Kalisto (205 Live), Andrade (205 Live)  to RAW.

Seth Rollins, Sami Zayn, New Day, Enzo & Cass, Tamina, Charlotte to Smackdown.

I'd be ok with that tbh, for both shows.

Smackdown needs some impetus Tag team wise and the women could use Charlotte ( Alexa would be good with other workers to carry her as well even though she's no 1 on the mic among women in the company imo.)

Same goes with American Alpha on Raw with their tag teams to work with they should be fine and AJ would be great regardless.

Although i have a feeling Reigns is going to Smackdown and Rollins is staying but we'll see.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:13 pm

Barrett was dicked over by creativity and had horrible luck with injuries. He probably needed a fresh start somewhere else because clearly the WWE thing wasn't going to work.

I remember he was getting really over as a face before he did his shoulder. He came back and they turned him heel. Screwed his momentum entirely. Was always going to be end, especially after all the years they spent repackaging him post-Nexus.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:13 pm

Apparently he wants to focus on his acting career lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:16 pm

Yeh saw the Sandow news earlier. hmm

Wouldn't really say he was a flop. He just didn't do anything special during his short stint there and wasn't booked as a top guy. Which is understandable considering he wasn't a big time player in the WWE.  

He came in as Aron Rex, an ordinary average joe who was mistreated by the WWE and just wanted to wrestle. Which obviously wasn't playing to his strengths because he's always been someone who succeeds with entertaining gimmicks. His first actual gimmick only started a few months ago and had potential imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:16 pm

Barrett was a mixture of bad creative and terrible luck with injuries.

I'm still convinced he wouldn't have left if they planned the draft ahead of time like they should have done.

The draft was such a rush job and it showed, getting rid of like 6 guys before a draft was moronic.

Barrett would have stayed if they planned it properly and made him part of it IMO, there's no way he wouldn't have had a good role on Smackdown.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:37 pm

I don't know why any wrestler goes with the "I'm just a wrestler, I want to fight, screw entertaining" type character these days. I've seen a few over the years and it never works. They just end up being bland as hell.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:41 pm

What main event gimmick can you even give a guy who looks like Sandow?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:44 pm

At the end of the day in the main event more than anything else it's about selling a fight(even if everyone knows its fake) and Sandow could never do that lol.

He could have the most entertaining gimmick in the world but you can't sell the "fight" to your audience you won't be worth much more than low to mid card act to get the crowd hyped for 5 minutes.

That's the one thing Cena does better than anyone else, he sells the crowd on his upcoming matches amazingly well.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Casciavit wrote:What main event gimmick can you even give a guy who looks like Sandow?

A mixture of all of his previous gimmicks, but a more serious and realistic character overall. It's not uncommon for someone to be over the top as a midcarder and when they get over and become main eventers, they transition into something more serious. The whole Mizdow thing was just a way for him to get over, which he did. Once you've built that connection with the audience, it's more than likely going to stay no matter what you do. He was getting great reactions even though he wasn't on TV for a year.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:06 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:At the end of the day in the main event more than anything else it's about selling a fight(even if everyone knows its fake) and Sandow could never do that lol.

He could have the most entertaining gimmick in the world but you can't sell the "fight" to your audience you won't be worth much more than low to mid card act to get the crowd hyped for 5 minutes.

That's the one thing Cena does better than anyone else, he sells the crowd on his upcoming matches amazingly well.

He's never been given the opportunity to sell a fight as a main eventer, so we wouldn't know if he's capable of doing it or not. But what we do know is he's funny, a good talker, charismatic, popular and entertaining. Surely when you've got guys who possess none of that walking into main events nowadays, at the very least he could have been given a chance imo. As IC/US champion, if not a main eventer.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:24 pm

The decision to release Simon Gotch and everything that led up to it can be compared to the release of Juventud Guerrera over a decade ago. To many, this Simon Gotch release was no surprise and only a matter of time as he had a reputation for being late to shows, leaving shows before they ended, being disruptive, unreliable and carrying an unbearable presence backstage since his arrival into the company.

Many of the same people who said it was no surprise in WWE described Simon Gotch as an almost delusional egotistical superstar. It is no secret he has always had a big ego, as those who were around him noted that he always referred to himself in the third person, always wore dark sunglasses and acted as if he was on the same level of wrestling stars such as Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, or The Undertaker. To make matters even funnier to some, he felt he was always above some of the newer top stars like Seth Rollins, AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, and Roman Reigns.

His notorious actions recently caused Aiden English to ask WWE management to separate the team because he feared that he may lose his job just by being associated with him. It should noted that while the two were a tag team for years, they never got along in reality. They got into a big fight backstage at WrestleMania, in which English punched Gotch in the face, knocking him out cold. This was said by many to be the last straw, and that the only thing that could possibly be done was release Simon Gotch, which was all finalized just today.

Lmfao
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:59 pm

Was mistreated imo. Had potential to be an all time goat. Wait, who is he again? hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:10 pm

From AJ Lee's book:

She talks about being "aggressively courted" by a wrestler who secretly had a girlfriend in the company, which resulted in that woman hating her. She says that he had way more stroke than she did, which made her reluctant to turn him down because he could have tried to get her fired. He ended up being fine with the rejection.

Beginning with their storyline in 2012, Punk became rather obsessed and kept trying to get with her. She focused on the kiss they had on SmackDown (the segment where she also kisses Bryan) as a turning point for them. Despite that, she kept refusing him and they remained close friends instead. A year or so later, they said "*bleep* it" and got together.

During NXT, she was brought into a meeting with Head of Talent Relations (Not named: could be Johnny Ace?) and told directly to her face that "no one wants to have sex with you" and that the company had a standard to uphold.

She claims she was then eliminated from NXT following the meeting, despite them previously telling her that she was getting the most votes each week.

- While detailing her Love Triangle storyline, she stated that the original plan was for Bryan to beat Punk for the title and her and Bryan be a heel power couple. This changed after the writers decided to prolong the angle.

- She wrote a few paragraphs about how certain women tried to saboage her and complained to management when things didn't go their way.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:37 pm

I had to google who the F Simon Gotch was, that sounds hilarious and also worrying. Could see him shooting up the Arena one day for revenge or something. Unreal delusion levels if what M99 is to be believed.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:43 pm

nvm, what M99 posted was just someone inserting his name into a press release about Juventud Guerreras release from 2006.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:44 pm

Firenze wrote:I had to google who the F Simon Gotch was, that sounds hilarious and also worrying. Could see him shooting up the Arena one day for revenge or something. Unreal delusion levels if what M99 is to be believed.

Don't know if its legit. One guy posted it and another replied "the first two paragraphs I know of but don't know about the Wrestlemania incident"

He's not liked though that is apparent. Ryback said he is a dick once and no one likes him. Jericho, Gallows and Anderson said something like that too and Sin Cara beat him up backstage once Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:01 pm

Still remember this AJ pipebomb. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:52 pm

Yeah I read the Ryback said he was a massive dick by his partner Aiden English is a cool guy or something to that effect.

Honestly though they have a lot of tag teams they flat out need to get rid of or split up.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:43 pm

Looooool

Pls tell me how a jobber could get away acting like that rofl
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:09 am

The trade stuff for next week spoilers from Meltzer

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:50 am

As a lifelong Styles fan, I think he'd be better off in the cruiserweight division if that's the case. He made the x division his own in TNA and he can do the same with the cruiserweight div. Only thing he'll be doing in the main event is jobbing to Reigns ffs. hmm

Just imagine a cruiserweight division with Balor, Zayn, Neville, Kalisto, Aries, Rollins, Crews, Styles, Mustafa Ali, Brian Kendrick. So many potential 5* matches. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next