Twoism
Jay29
urbaNRoots
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Sri
35 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:02 pm

on a serious note, thoughts on re-signing Sagna?

yay or nay?

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by El Gunner Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:13 pm

Nay. We should be past the days of re-signing former players, and touching old washed up scrap like Silvestre, Squillaci and Kallstrom.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:56 pm

Nay.

You've got Bellerin, and behind him you've got Nelson who needs to be trained as wing back and will be unbelievable.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:31 pm

yes pls bring him back
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:34 pm

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:23 am

Monaco shoud just spread their legs and let everyone have a go at them.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:39 am

unless we make some crazy offer drunken
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:23 pm

Forget about Lemar, sign Mahrez + Seri and I'm a happy fan. Both instant starters in our team plus not even unrealistic. Ffs Wenga, do it.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:40 am

I'm surprised how little Serri linked to big clubs, there are couple of rumors but nothing concrete. Maybe they fear him as 1 season wonder ?
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:02 pm

I hope we think of getting Sanches. Could be a mini Vieira for us, potential is there.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:17 pm

Twoism wrote:I'm surprised how little Serri linked to big clubs, there are couple of rumors but nothing concrete. Maybe they fear him as 1 season wonder ?

He is average
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:03 pm

Wenger 'Elneny is a player who has a fantastic mentality and attitude, and his main target is to help the team. When he plays there, of course he does extremely well.

'I always felt that a good central midfielder can be a good centre back. With the fact of course that when you’re playing in the back four you have to be decisive in the challenges, you have a bit more flexibility in the middle of a back three. He can do that.'

Wenger you sneaky bastard, I guess we wont be signing a CB anymore. Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:13 pm

I was thinking about our options in defense today. If we stick with a three man defense then we have:

Koscielny, Mustafi, Holding
Mertesacker, Gabriel

And three fullbacks who can play as CBs and vice versa in:
Chambers, Monreal, Kolasinac

This is assuming Gibbs is sold. Then two of our options for CBs are our options for LWB leaving us 6 dedicated CBs. I don't see us signing a CB and definitely not until we sell one. The only one linked with a move away is Chambers. We'd do well to replace him, especially considering that Mertesacker probably won't play a big role and is retiring anyway. Have to factor Bielik in somewhere. He was highly regarded when we signed him and will be 20 when Mertesacker retires. Still young but he's been here a while and should take his chance soon if he's good enough.

Anyway, I think we have the numbers right now. The quality is a different question. Mustafi has a season of PL experience under his belt so hopefully that comes with improvement. He's obviously a talented defender but I don't think his debut season showcased his best qualities. Koscielny is still excellent but not getting any younger. Gabriel is meh. Holding is looking good but it's still early days. Ditto the Monreal CB experiment.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:43 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/28/alexis-sanchez-claims-sick-arsene-wenger-asks-return-arsenal/

:facepalm:

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:11 am

Lol yeah I used to do this in freaking high school 20 years or so a go, mostly to stay home and play Warcraft so bye Sanchez. Honestly just sell him and get some1 in, it's dragging far too long.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:36 am

MJ wrote:I was thinking about our options in defense today. If we stick with a three man defense then we have:

Koscielny, Mustafi, Holding
Mertesacker, Gabriel

And three fullbacks who can play as CBs and vice versa in:
Chambers, Monreal, Kolasinac

This is assuming Gibbs is sold. Then two of our options for CBs are our options for LWB leaving us 6 dedicated CBs. I don't see us signing a CB and definitely not until we sell one. The only one linked with a move away is Chambers. We'd do well to replace him, especially considering that Mertesacker probably won't play a big role and is retiring anyway. Have to factor Bielik in somewhere. He was highly regarded when we signed him and will be 20 when Mertesacker retires. Still young but he's been here a while and should take his chance soon if he's good enough.

Anyway, I think we have the numbers right now. The quality is a different question. Mustafi has a season of PL experience under his belt so hopefully that comes with improvement. He's obviously a talented defender but I don't think his debut season showcased his best qualities. Koscielny is still excellent but not getting any younger. Gabriel is meh. Holding is looking good but it's still early days. Ditto the Monreal CB experiment.

Koscielny is injury prone and not getting any younger
Mustafi is inconsistent
Holding is young
Mertesacker can play one game a month
Gabriel is shit
Chambers is going

Monreal is going to be playing CB more than these guys
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:44 am

It's too late in the summer to sell him now so Sanchez will have to suck it up-- I'm sure he'll get "better" once the season starts.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:52 am

Its better to sell him and rebuild, I just cant see us challenging for the title when the rest are just getting so much better than us. I dont think we can even get top 4 this year, Europe league should be fun. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:07 am

silver wrote:
Koscielny is injury prone and not getting any younger
Mustafi is inconsistent
Holding is young
Mertesacker can play one game a month
Gabriel is shit
Chambers is going

Monreal is going to be playing CB more than these guys

And yet Wenger is so relaxed and cant see this. I really thought we were going to be more ruthless this year but its same old shit.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:01 am

L'Equipe say we've bid €50m for Thomas Lemar but Monaco are holding out for €80m.

Insane money but hopefully it gets done at around €60-65m max and then we move on. PL starts in two weeks.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:17 am

MJ wrote: PL starts in two weeks.

Since when does that matter?

There's about a month left for deadline week right?

Our season only really starts in October anyway. :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:05 pm

Arsenal will enter the race for Ross Barkley if Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain departs this summer. [Telegraph]

seems legit
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:37 pm

Ed Aarons from The Guardian says Arsenal want to sign Seri plus one of Lemar/Mahrez. Seri signing depends on Nice's CL qualifier, we need Ajax to knock out Nice.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:21 pm

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:06 am

Is Mahrez what we need? (Not talking about price, that's another issue).

Just curious as to the reasons for/against.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:56 pm

I'm quite OK with selling Oxlade-Chamberlain, Nelson a bigger talent and ready to play backup-RWB. Ox's and Chambers' transfer fee would cover a big CB signing like van Dijk and the rest on Lemar hopefully, or Mahrez + Seri if that doesn't work out.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next